• Breaking News

    Monday, June 21, 2021

    macOS My first ever Mac, loving it so far, but the UI resizing animations are unbearably choppy and laggy, is this normal? (MBA M1)

    macOS My first ever Mac, loving it so far, but the UI resizing animations are unbearably choppy and laggy, is this normal? (MBA M1)


    My first ever Mac, loving it so far, but the UI resizing animations are unbearably choppy and laggy, is this normal? (MBA M1)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    I shouldn’t be excited but I am this is a necessary feature (Monterey)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    Recently got an iMac and I feel like I'm completely missing options without the Touch Bar I have on my MacBook Pro. Help?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    So I've run into this a few times, but I'll use the easiest examples I can think of.

    In certain apps I find myself lost on how to do simple tasks that I used to do with my MacBook Pro's Touch Bar. This is my first iMac, so I assumed all of the functions I had with my Touch Bar would still be there, but that I would just have to navigate it differently.

    Example 1: In the stickies notes, I can not for the life of me figure out how to center text or change text color. On my MacBook Pro, both those things are on the Touch Bar.

    Example 2: In Safari, I can't "pop out" videos. On my MacBook Pro I can click a button on my Touch Bar and then it does PiP with whatever I'm watching.

    Are these features really completely missing without the Touch Bar? I'm still fairly new to the ins and outs of MacOS, but I feel like these are such simple things I should have been able to figure out.

    submitted by /u/MightyJoeTYoung
    [link] [comments]

    i have been trying to reinstall mac os on my computer for the last 12 hours and still fail please help me fix this problem

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    thanks for the heads up ???

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    TIL about 'Search Results SnapBack'

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Persistent problems with big sur after 11.3.1 update

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    hello!

    i have a 2020 macbook pro, worked beautifully until this big sur update

    main problem is that even with WIFI connected (firefox works fine), all in-house apple software will not connect to the internet. Safari doesn't load, the app store doesn't load, and i can't even check for software updates that Apple might've released to fix this bug.

    I can't find much about this online or any solutions, was hoping someone here might be able to help. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/glowingrock
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone noticed iOS App performance optimization in MacOS 12 beta?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    Hey, I was wondering if anybody currently running the MacOS 12 beta has noticed some performance optimizations when running iOS apps?

    I used to be able to have 4-5 apps running at the same time while hardly ever hitting 30% CPU usage but one of the Big Sur updates has ruined the performance completely and now even one iOS app will use up roughly 30% CPU and drive the temperature up to 70° (C). This is still fine but running more than one will likely result in a crash of both apps and comes with a noticeable performance decrease for everything else.

    Doesn't look like this is partial to which app I'm running. Seems to happen with all of them.

    Anybody else having similar issues? Anyone maybe noticed a performance increase using the beta?

    Hope the flair is correct, wasn't sure if it's discussion or help.

    submitted by /u/xdqmhose
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently my sound's muted, but I can still hear my song lol

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    In you're experience, how many OS version upgrades until performance starts to suffer?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    Downgrading is hard. This time I'd like to preempt decreased performance by only upgrading once or twice. What's your stance?

    My MBP and iPhone have both become tedious to use by my always accepting upgrades.

    submitted by /u/FarraigePlaisteach
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get mac to treat left monitor as the dominant desktop for file placement?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    I use 2 monitors and like to have my right be Logic full size window. So if I ever download something to desktop, or bounce to desktop, my files end up on the right window's desktop, underneath logic. I'd rather have everything default to the left monitor. I could put the right monitor placed on my left, but dragging from screen to screen then is reversed. Is it possible to do what I'm aiming for?

    im on mojave btw, if this is a feature in later OS, I wouldn't know.

    submitted by /u/xpercipio
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra with NO APFS please help !!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a flash drive formatted APFS with bigsur now, the driver of my sound card (Digi 003R) is not compatible with apfs and with any version of mac os after High Sierra so I partitioned the main drive (called HD ) APFS with a new partition drive (called Music) with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) . I downloaded the HighSierra which was the last OS version , compatible with my sound card and few softwares and plugins i use. I have followed all the instructions to install High Sierra with NO APFS using the terminal and as a result I always end up to have it installed with APFS. I just want to ask you guy if someone have a solution, I'm quite desperate as I can't afford at the moment to buy a new sound card and all softwares for it. so.. any new ideas or any suggestions will be great Thanks .

    submitted by /u/news-guadeloupe
    [link] [comments]

    Can I update an app by installing the latest dmg file?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:48 AM PDT

    I'm new to macos and I'm using an M1 macbook. I have 1.1.2 IINA installed which runs in intel. There is a M1 version available that I want to update to, however, the "check for updates" says that I already have the latest version.

    The dmg for the M1 version is available, but can I just install it? Do i have to uninstall my current version first? Or will installing the dmg override the existing version and update it? I'm worried about have two of the same app and leftover/duplicate cache or preference files

    submitted by /u/melodymemories
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the music app So BROKEN ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:31 AM PDT

    Why is the music app So BROKEN ?

    I don't know if I am the only one who has this issue but this app is BROKEN (intel).

    It takes a lot of time to startup and search, not a very "apple" thing to do...

    https://preview.redd.it/ux40kqwwxk671.png?width=151&format=png&auto=webp&s=82f578dc532143c4caefe2dcc76137b3ff2104f5

    submitted by /u/BenZion35
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to download fl studio on my Mac OS X Yosemite and I’m getting stuck here what should I do? I did factory reset the computer reason it saying untitled.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    Are these alcohol pads safe enough to clean my macbook display? these exact wipes are used to clean smartphone displays before applying screen protector.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Is this normal behavior? Noticed that my mainly power adapter connected mbp drops under 80% and I'm not sure if it's good or not

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Big Sur 11.4 system preference changes not taking effect

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    I have two M1 systems. On one of them guest account was enabled after the update and after repeated attempts to disable it, the change wouldn't take effect. And I also had a bunch of other weird things happening so I took it to the apple store and they reinstalled the OS. I have yet to test it again on this mac.

    On my other M1, I enabled ask for admin password when turning on and off wifi and when changing wifi, but it doesn't ask for my admin password in either case.

    So I concluded that there must be something wrong with system preferences and the new 11.4 update.

    Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think it's worth another trip to the apple store? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bubblet3al
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall of macOS catilina. Says won’t let me access Macintosh HD. And there are multiple Macintosh - Data. Tried to repair and delete but nothing keeps coming back. Feel like o tried everything.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    You can add third-party widgets to MacOS like this!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    Should I be concerned?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Problems with Erase and reinstall (Big Sur)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    iMac 2018 Hybrid drive

    I erased and reinstalled MacOS onto the MacintoshHD and im having trouble restoring the files back into place.

    When I erased it had the 2 partitions MacintoshHD and MacintoshHD Data so I only erased the first one and left the data partition as is, however when I go to put the files back it says I can't copy files as 'MacOS requires this folder'. When I go to documents in finder it is blank but the files are still in place on the Data partition, and the usernames are the same.

    Should I have erased both partitions or is there a way to link the user folders back to the data partition? and if I do erase both do I need to re partition the SSD portion or will this be done automatically?

    I've never had to reinstall a hybrid drive before

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Bennup
    [link] [comments]

    macos won’t install and is showing this error on my old macintosh please help

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Random Folder

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    I have a random folder that is filled with random memes and what looks to be code. Its name is literally secks_files, all of the files were created and last opened at the same exact time. Is it a virus? I've tried to move it to the trash but it did nothing. Anyone know what this is or have the same thing?

    submitted by /u/SnooCrickets3287
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel