• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    Apple TV I see your “Show your apple tv setup” and raise you my family room setup.

    Apple TV I see your “Show your apple tv setup” and raise you my family room setup.


    I see your “Show your apple tv setup” and raise you my family room setup.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    Apple TV CEC question

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    I just recently added an LG soundbar to an LG tv that has a ATV connected to it. I did hdmi out of Apple TV to hdmi in of soundbar and connected hdmi out of soundbar to HDMI1 (ARC) port on TV. When I sleep the Apple TV, the ATV shuts off, the soundbar shuts off, but the tv stays on. I made sure CEC was enabled on HDMI1 on the TV and also checked all Apple TV settings. Any thoughts on what I could be missing here? The ATV turned off the TV previously with no soundbar, however this soundbar was used on a different tv with a different ATV and everything did turn off so now I'm really not sure what could be the issue here….

    submitted by /u/aptmx
    [link] [comments]

    According to “Repubblica”, Siri in Italian will arrive on Apple TV in autumn.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    How to get multiple audio outputs.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    With tvOS 15 bringing spatial audio to AirPods Pro and max, I would love to work out a way to get spatial audio while I listen on air pods and my wife still listen on tv speakers. I understand additional hardware may be needed but does anyone know how how to achieve this?

    submitted by /u/jackcoleray
    [link] [comments]

    One particular show not showing in Up Next—Legends of Tomorrow

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    Apple TV (4th gen HD) won't play videos peer to peer

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    Does anyone know a workaround? Mirroring works, but videos stop once I go fullscreen. It only shows me the media player loading.

    submitted by /u/deandeanhere
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a fix for this with the Netflix app and watching Dolby vision content? I don’t have the issue on other apps or devices like Fire TV or Google TV with Chromecast. Current setting: SDR 4K 60hz with dynamic range on and refresh rate off. I’m guessing it’s a common issue with the Apple TV?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:26 PM PDT

    Apple remote app for ATV

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I don't understand why tv volume control isn't in the remote app for ATV. Just doesn't make any sense.

    submitted by /u/MJiRoku
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Free Sports Links on Apple TV?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    Occasionally I will watch sports via free sports streaming links (these are available in /r/ mlb-streams and other sites as well).

    I'd like to use the screen mirror feature from an iPad or iPhone and stream the games to my TV via Apple TV. I have an Apple TV 4k. The streaming video links work on my iPhone, but when I try to "cast" it/send it to the TV via Air Play or screen mirroring, it does not work.

    Is it possible to view free sports games on an Apple TV 4K? I've heard of Kodi media player, is it possible to do this via Kodi?

    I have an Amazon Firestick as well, so maybe it's best I use that? I'm not sure.

    Thanks so much for your help.

    submitted by /u/Green_T
    [link] [comments]

    New 4K, intermediate black screen?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    I just bought a new 4K Apple TV and I'm having an intermediate black screen pop up. The video goes out for a second, but the audio still plays. I have Dolby Vision enabled and the HDMI cable running into a Marantz receiver. I had an older 1080p Apple TV before with no issues.

    submitted by /u/ebutka
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Apple TV 4K and Sony X900F

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    I'm a bit lost with my current issues using a new Apple TV 4K (2021) with a 55' Sony X900F.

    As a first step, I enabled the HDMI Enhanced setting to enable higher quality visual settings.

    • If I use HDMI Port 2, visual quality looks fine, but right audio channel is missing, this is easily noticeable on the main menu going to the apps on the right side, there is no sound. On a YouTube Stereo test, the right audio is also missing.


    • If I use HDMI 3, audio is fine, but I get artifacts all over the screen. Mainly small white dots, easily noticeable on dark content. This is most common when Match Range and Match Frame Rate are enabled.

    • I was using first a cheap Amazon cable capable of HDMI 2.0 quality, purchased with the ATV, it didn't work well, so I assumed it was the cable.

    • Then I bought the expensive official Belkin cable, capable of HDMI 2.1, but I have the same issue. Strange, maybe it's the TV?

    • As last resort, I am using the cable provided with my PS5, also capable of HDMI 2.1, but again, same visual artifacts. I am sure now it's not related to any cable, all three have the same error.

    Meanwhile, my PS5 works perfectly fine in both ports 2 and 3.

    So I am lost about what to do next. Maybe I have a defective unit, but I want to see if someone else has similar issues.

    I am a bit unhappy with this Apple TV 4K, the user experience to set this up has been the most "un-Apple" I have seen with any product of this company.

    submitted by /u/babydandane
    [link] [comments]

    Organizing Library in TV app iMac

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    I think I've had this problem since moving from iTunes to TV in Catalina. Basically, my iTunes files became disorganized and album art of movies have disappeared. I've just kind of ignored the problem until today when I finally felt compelled to fix at least the organization part. So currently my files are a bit scattered, some on my Time Capsule (where I want my library to live; it had lived here with iTunes without issue) and some are on my iMac. Some sit in the iTunes Media -> Movies folder, with their individual unique named folders. Some sit in a folder labeled Movies only as the files themselves and this folder sits in the same parent folder (the Time Capsule's 'Data' folder) as iTunes and now some are on my iMac (due to TV moving my library off of Time Capsule). I've tried moving these files around and I think I may have made the situation worse with duplicates because I'm afraid to delete anything (I think I had less movies when I went from iTunes to TV but I can't confirm). I'm at a loss for which file is actually pointed at the TV app before I get the "locate this file" error.

    My question is: is there an app that can quickly and easily organize my movie files for the TV app? Or does anyone have any suggestions on the best approach?

    submitted by /u/simon3873
    [link] [comments]

    Sony XBR + Sonos Arc + Apple TV 4K but no Dolby Atmos output

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    So I've been researching on this for a while and haven't got anywhere. Hoping someone somewhere has an answer for me.

    I can't click the above combination to output Dolby Atmos for me. The apps I have directly on my TV do output Dolby Atmos and I can verify that through the Sonos app. But the same content (Netflix movie for example) when I open through Apple TV, I get Stereo PCM.

    I've read a few posts about changing eArc to pass through under sound settings in my TV but I don't even get that option on my XBR.

    I wonder if I'm missing something here or it's time to buy a new tv.

    submitted by /u/cavem7n
    [link] [comments]

    Delete and hide purchased app

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    On iPhone and iPad I have the possibility to hide apps I purchased in the past. On tvOS all I can do is delete an app from the home screen, but I have no access to the same level of settings like on the other devices. If the app is also available on iOS I can hide it from the phone, but for tvOS-only apps I don't know where this can be done from. The tvOS purchase is visible from iTunes (on PC) but there's not much that can be done there.

    submitted by /u/PyroTokyo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or the volume is so low?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Set up, LG C9 OLED TV

    Soundbar - Samsung HW-Q90R

    Before I got the new ATV 4k Gen 2, I used the built in apps in the LG TV or Xbox console etc. Using Plex as an example (though it happens with all apps). When streaming content to the built in LG Plex, I normal have my sound bar volume around 18-20 which is perfect. Now when I watch content through Plex via ATV, the sound is so low and I'm literally doubling the volume to 35-40. eARC is enabled along with audio passthrough, I'm not sure why this is happening, is this happening with anyone else? Any way to improve the sound? "reduce loud sounds" is also turned off in ATV so it's not that.

    submitted by /u/KiLLCraZy87
    [link] [comments]

    HomeKit help needed

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    I need help setting up iCloud accounts with my Apple TV 4K. Is there a way to change the default user without removing the iCloud account of the current default user? Basically I need to have a HomeKit hub to be able to have the second user control home accessories but when I remove my account from default the home hub disappears and they can't control accessories. Which basically means that my account (I don't live there) needs to be the default which I don't want. Or is there a way to give full access to a second user without a home hub?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/raiders4life7
    [link] [comments]

    Please don’t continue with pictures of your setups.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    I come here for news and information. The AppleTV is a mass produced item that has looked identical for the last 6 years. It's not exciting hardware. I would assume there's home theatre subs for showing off your gear properly and not the tiny puck that doesn't even need to be seen.

    And yes, I am fun at parties.

    submitted by /u/TheDevler
    [link] [comments]

    TMS S2 Promotional Content

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Does anyone know the artist or possibly have a link to the "New York, New York" cover in the TMS S2 official teaser?

    Edit: I found it! It's "Theme from New York, New York" by AG & BURИS, ft. Biz Coletti

    submitted by /u/Substantial_Fail
    [link] [comments]

    If you have an LG tv and use an AVR passthru, do not upgrade to 5.10.04

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Numerous reports of this firmware breaking Dolby Vision support if you go thru an AVR or sound bar.

    Edit: this is the TV firmware for clarification.

    submitted by /u/undflight
    [link] [comments]

    CEC Power On odd issue

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I've got an issue with the latest 2nd Gen ATV 4K connected to my TV via HDMI and trying to work out if it's a TV issue or an ATV issue.

    Note this is the first time I'm using a TV capable of CEC to control multiple AV devices with one remote.

    When I press the Power button on the ATV remote, it fires up the ATV, the TV and the Soundbar no problem, but it also triggers the display of the the TV's native Smart TV home screen. So I have to then fetch the TV's remote and press Exit to get back to the ATV Home screen.

    This is obviously not convenient as we're having to juggle 2 remotes just to turn it On to watch something.

    Anyone else experiencing this? Do you think it's an ATV issue or the TV?

    submitted by /u/im-here-on-reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Missing resolutions on ATV HD

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    After my Apple TV HD needed a restore, I can no longer find an option under video settings for 1366x768, even under additional resolutions. Does anyone else have this issue, or will restoring it again fix the problem?

    This is important for me, because my older Sony Bravia TV will only display the full image with no overscan at that exact resolution.

    submitted by /u/battlegraye
    [link] [comments]

    Long time Apple TV user. Should I get the latest apple tv 4K?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    I have 2 Apple TV 4K (Previous version), I dont like the remote control.

    I have SONY 950H with Sonos Arc and

    950G Sonos Playbar.

    Both TV don't support HDMI 2.1 or 120hz

    Will I see any difference on video/image quality from the latest Apple TV 4K? If so, I will buy a whole set. if not, I will just get a new remote control..

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/superpanjy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel