• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 22, 2021

    Apple TV Apple TV vs LG webOS

    Apple TV Apple TV vs LG webOS


    Apple TV vs LG webOS

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:18 AM PDT

    I have an Apple TV 4K (2017) which works perfectly fine. It's smooth and has all the apps I need.

    But I also have an LG OLED (B7), which doesn't work 100% fine along with my Apple TV. Mainly due to Dolby Vision raised blacks and lip sync delay.

    With this, I've started using webOS apps. To my surprise, Youtube and Netflix apps are wayyyy better in terms of UI. Netflix has a more modern-look UI on WebOS whereas Youtube supports 4K 60fps/HDR and has better playback controls. Plus, no Dolby Vision raised blacks nor lip sync delays.

    What are your thoughts on this?

    Should I buy an Apple TV 4k (2021) in order to solve all these issues?

    submitted by /u/tgodinho
    [link] [comments]

    Out with the old. In with the new.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    Worth to get Apple TV 4K 2021 if I already own a OLED CX 2020 model

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:57 AM PDT

    I am doubting, because it doesnt support TrueHD. Today I bought it with a really good deal (pricemistake) for 150USD in the Netherlands

    submitted by /u/RainOrnery6685
    [link] [comments]

    4K image on the apple 4k tv box or Xbox app

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Is there any difference?

    submitted by /u/Captaincrabsticks86
    [link] [comments]

    Lossless audio causing Apple Music app to crash

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    For some reason today, when I go to play any song in Apple Music with lossless audio quality enabled in settings on tvOS 14.6, my music app immediately crashes. This was working fine before when it initially launched, but now for some reason is not. Have restarted my AppleTV to make sure, checked everything is up to date. If I disable lossless, it will work fine.

    I have 2 OG HomePods set as default audio output.

    Is anyone else experiencing this?

    UPDATE: Dolby Atmos tracks also no longer work and cause the app to crash if Dolby Atmos is enabled

    UPDATE 2: the problem seems to have fixed itself. Both lossless and Atmos songs are working again

    submitted by /u/dsquareddan
    [link] [comments]

    Control TV and AVR power via IR?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    So I just upgraded my main TV from the old ATV4K to the new one (wanted the Thread radio mostly...)

    The old one is going upstairs and replacing a Firestick 4K on an older TV and AVR combo. Getting tired of the ads. The TV supports CEC to turn on but not off and the AVR is not HDMI at all. The one nice thing with the firestick it was able to control it all via IR and had a power on and off routine, so it could do it all from one remote.

    I was able to learn the volume commands via IR for the AVR on the AppleTV but I assume it cannot learn power commands.

    submitted by /u/buddyrich33
    [link] [comments]

    Where is 4k HDR with higher frame rate used ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:55 PM PDT

    This is the only feature of the new Apple TV I'm interested in.

    submitted by /u/newchurner255
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can turn this off? I know what is playing on my AppleTV and I don’t need this on my Lock Screen.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Siri remote search delay

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:25 PM PDT

    We are noticing a delay in the search results when using the new Siri remote. When searching in any app, if you release the Siri button too early, the search will clear. It seems we have to hold the Siri button well after saying the search in order for Siri to run the search.

    We did not have this with the old remote. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/ctwquad
    [link] [comments]

    Jim Sturgess talks Home Before Dark season 2

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    Cannot adjust sound when using apps

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    I just bought the new Apple TV (2021) as well as a new Sony Oled TV A80J 55 inch. Using my soundbar Vizio VHT215. The problem I'm having is all apps on the Apple TV as well as all apps on the Sony will only have sound coming from the TV speakers instead of from my soundbar. The sound from the TV is fixed (can't adjust the volume) Everything works great as long as I don't use any apps as soon as I use YouTube, Prime Video, Spectrum apps the TV switches over from my soundbar to TV speakers. I have the latest compliant 2.1 ultra high-speed HDMI Cable connected to eARC port. Please can anyone suggest what could be the cause? Also can anyone recommend best settings for the Sony A80J 55" to work best with the Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/themaestro3
    [link] [comments]

    Question about new Apple TV ARC capability

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    My crappy soundbar finally died and I wanted to see if I could replace it using a pair of original homepods. I currently have an Apple TV 4K (2017) and would upgrade to the new model.

    If I had the new Apple Tv and hooked it to my (2018)TCL tv that has regular ARC not eARC, but offers 5.1 passthough, would I also be able to get Atmos from my Xbox one x that's also plugged into my tv in one of the other HDMI ports? If it's possible would I need a different HDMI Cable to make it happen?

    Thanks for any answers, the tech just seems to be moving too fast for this old man to keep up sometimes.

    submitted by /u/dgr_874
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon is selling the Apple TV 4K 32GB (2017 version) for $99

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    https://amazon.com/dp/B075NCMLYL

    This doesn't appear to be a prime day deal exclusive, but I imagine it will sell quickly.

    Edit: it's also on sale for the same price at Walmart — http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-TV-4K-32GB/976529747

    submitted by /u/08830
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV channels “More to Explore” sections keep adjusting.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Does anyone know who is responsible for adjusting the "More to Explore" options at the bottom of each Apple TV channel? Is it Apple or the streaming company themselves?

    For a while Paramount+ didn't have a "Documentaries" section down there which made it hard to find the hundreds of documentaries they absorbed from Smithsonian. The other month they finally gained the "Documentaries" section allowing you to browse every single documentary, but now it's gone. Really frustrating.

    I wish the rows of content that show the most popular shows would have a category button at the end of the row so you could keep browsing. Such basic options that Apple should implement to make finding content in Apple TV channels so much more convenient. And yes I've tried the Paramount+ app but just personally prefer the channels. Just wish finding content was easier.

    submitted by /u/Cr3inh4rt
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV help

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    I've read that going from Google drive on iPhone to apple tv doesn't work, and it doesn't work for me either, unless you "open with" photos? And then cast it? But that's annoying if your movie is 5GB+....

    Any work arounds? Or other ways of doing it?

    submitted by /u/bratticus182
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody know how to access voice control for the search on YouTube on the new Apple TV remote ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Siri Remote 2021 cover case 3d print ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    Anyone found a good cover to print with 3d printer?
    I only found this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4874439

    submitted by /u/asyba
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good gamepad/controller that takes inspiration from Apple’s design language?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    Looking for a clean, minimalist gaming controller that is compatible with the Apple TV— ideally one that is "Apple-esque". That's got to exist, right??

    I like the simplicity of the SteelSeries Stratus gamepad (the one that looks like an old NES gamepad) but it isn't compatible with Apple TV.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/easyhopper
    [link] [comments]

    Apple had discontinued it's leather loop for Apple TV remote's.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but apparently they don't think it's needed for the "upgraded" remote?

    submitted by /u/Sir_Jony_Ive
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k 2021 + LG C9 + Sonos ARC ? Is Atmos passed through ?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    The ARC is connected to the eARC port on the C9 i.e. HDMI port 2. Will I get Atmos passthrough ?

    submitted by /u/newchurner255
    [link] [comments]

    A New Bug? Apple TV AM app crashes when playing any music, but videos play fine.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Siri Remote (white circle version) suddenly has a dead battery

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I have two 2017 Apple TV 4K devices.

    The one I use more frequently suddenly has a dead remote battery. It's not a gradual decline. I was charging it roughly every six months. About a month ago it got to 10%, so I charged it, and two weeks later it was completely dead. I charged it again, and for the two weeks or so since then, it needs to be charged every other day. If I check it before and after a movie, it's dropped 10% or more without being used.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Does the remote have firmware that got updated with a bug?

    I'd prefer not to spend $60 on a new remote or buy some used remote with a questionable battery if I don't have to, especially as I'm apparently the only person in the world who doesn't hate this version and don't really care about upgrading to the new 2021 remote.

    submitted by /u/pohatu771
    [link] [comments]

    Dear God Almighty... please fix the UI

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Please help Apple figure out a user-friendly interface. When opening Apple+, do you really need the screen to be a 3/4 splash of "Physical" and a few other shows that aren't available for at least a month.

    submitted by /u/PJT1969
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel