• Breaking News

    Friday, June 18, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Looks like Google is testing PiP in YouTube App here in Poland. Works with YouTube Premium only.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    YouTube Says iOS Picture-in-Picture Coming to All US Users. Will iPad get it as well?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Any other iPhone 11 users getting app crashes on iOS 14.6?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    So, I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14.6 and all of a sudden I seem to be getting kicked back out to the home screen sometimes when I try searching for something in Safari. I tried clearing cash and force restarting it but that didn't seem to work. I did drop my phone recently, but I'm not sure that's it.

    submitted by /u/tino768
    [link] [comments]

    Weird bug (latest iPadOS, m1 11” pro) Overlapping shortcut hint windows when holding command.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    What x code previews means?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Apple to discontinue iPhone Mini

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    Current circulating rumors, including a report from Ming-Chi Kuo, suggest Apple will likely discontinue its Mini line of iPhones in Q2 of this year. What's your thoughts? Do you think Apple should continue to produce smaller iPhones, or is this a good move Apple should make?

    submitted by /u/ThatFurryFellow
    [link] [comments]

    Should i sell my X for a SE2

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    After 5 days my X is turning 2yoe. Currently 82% battery health. I feel like i want to go back to the home button iphone also wanted a one handy use. Currently don't have funds for 12 mini. What do ya think.

    submitted by /u/CuriousKid5667
    [link] [comments]

    Sleep Time problem with Health app

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    My sleep schedule is set to 22.00-06.45

    Some days I sleep at 24.00 and I wake up at say 08.00, but the Health app records sleep between 24.00 and 06.45.

    Is there any way to fix this? One workaround I found was setting the wake time to a later time and disabling "Sleep Mode" manually, but then I don't receive notifications in the morning...

    submitted by /u/simbuah
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photos confusion

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    I have 30gb of photos on my phone. I haven't used any backup until now. I would like to use icloud photos to have all my photos in the cloud available on my ipad as well. I turned on icloud photos, but it seems like they aren't uploading. Do I need to have photos on my phones backup as well? would that not be another 30gb of storage? Clarification and help would be very appreicated.

    submitted by /u/nivkj
    [link] [comments]

    Airtagged my dog

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    Why does my other Gmail and Yahoo accounts are under GMAIL AND YAHOO and why is the pink email shown as email address. Any way to change displayed name?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    Confusion about iCloud and iMessages

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    My phone hasn't backed up in a few days because it says iCloud is full. When I go to settings > iCloud I can see that iMessages are using up all my storage. I went to iMessage a few days ago and deleted all junk and attachments to free up space. However, when going to settings > iCloud it never readjusted the storage allocation and still showed iMessge using up all storage.

    After some re-reading of the Apple docs, it seems I was confused on this feature? If I go to settings > iCloud > Messages and disable it, does that simply mean that my messages won't be shared between devices but my device will still have iMessages backed up via the iCloud Backup feature (which is currently on)? I don't need to have my messages synced across devices. I just want to free up all my iCloud storage so apps and messages back up (I don't back up photos) in the event my phone dies or I replace so I can easily restore my device.

    submitted by /u/lexbuck
    [link] [comments]

    Contact fields phonetic vs pronunciation??

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Happy Friday all. I am an English speaker that is trying to learn Japanese. I was excited to change some of my contacts to the katakana but quickly realized that it broke Siri. I decided to use the phonetic field but i was wondering if the pronunciation field is better in this case? I know this might see weird and one off but would like a better understand of the differences in these two fields. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ok_Staff_Bill
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 12, BeatsX (W1 Chip), and subscribe to Apple Music and Apple TV+, what do the new audio options mean for me?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    I don't mean when iOS 15 comes out. I mean right now, what does it mean.

    Can I now listen in "surround sound" when I watch Apple TV through my phone when using BeatsX? What music supports whatever Apple just came out with, and what video content supports it?

    (I'm not talking about the head tracking, I'm aware the BeatsX do not have gyroscopes, and I think the head tracking isn't coming until iOS 15 anyway?)

    submitted by /u/Altyrmadiken
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If your iPhone on iOS 15 Developer Beta loads webpages very slow, try disabling Private Relay. Sometimes it tends to act as Private Delay��

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    You can try enabling it back after one minute's passing.

    submitted by /u/DimVl
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to download your MiMoji avatar?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    I'd like to set it as my profile picture on other platforms. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kaito0597
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe from right to go back?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    My wife has small hands and swiping with her right thumb from the left side of the screen in order to go back in apps is difficult. Is there a way should could swipe from the right side or another workaround?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/eyal83
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop apps from copying the clipboard from other apps when I open them?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    So I caught Costco app pasting the content of my clipboard from Notes app. How can stop this from happening?

    submitted by /u/sercosan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 lag

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    I got a brand new iPhone 12 and i got roblox and it's laggy it ran better on my iPhone SE 1 st generation

    submitted by /u/PrestigiousCan6814
    [link] [comments]

    Any other chronic illness sufferers out there? Symptom/medication/health tracker suggestions?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:29 PM PDT

    I won't go into the gory details. But I've been on a journey for several years now. I'm fortunate for my health and fitness but at the same time I've got an enemy inside of me that's fighting guerrilla warfare and winning. Let's just say it's autoimmune in nature and leave it at that.

    The writing is on the wall that I'm losing the war so I've had to bring the big guns out in the form of big pharma. I'm thankful for that too (insurance). And there are the ever constant lifestyle tweaks as well.

    This is a protracted battle. Medications take months to either take effect, or for side effects to subside. And the disease affects multiple systems and parts in many different ways. It's all a hot mess. And it helps to keep track of it all or you start to lose perspective.

    I'm looking for something to help me document, monitor, and track this to try to suss out what is working and what isn't. This app does a lot of what I desire, but is missing a lot of key functionality.

    Specific things I'm looking for:

    • Health app integration. Something that's already polling info related to sleep, activity, pulse, etc.
    • Apple Watch integration. If only just a reminder. It's easy to add all the stuff that is bothering you in that moment. But the ability to add things via the watch (tied to a reminder or random query) would be great: "How is your [symptom] today?"
    • Strong privacy policy and limited data collection.
    • Rich/granular tracking. Yes. I want to be able to enter the quantity of my BM and rate its consistency on the Bristol Scale.
    • Clear presentations of the data (graphs and trends and overlays)
    • I don't mind paying but would prefer to not have to utilize a subscription.

    If any of you are familiar with AutoSleep or HeartWatch that's a good bellwether for me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/OKCNOTOKC
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use background app refresh?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    Just checking to see how many of you are for and against. I've always had it off. Does it really make a difference to the experience and battery life?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ErronRivers
    [link] [comments]

    Lockscreen notifications

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Can’t update to 14.6

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    I am trying to update to 14.6 but the software update update section of my phone is saying that 14.4.2 is the up to date version. Any advice about how to proceed? I do not have a PC to download the update from iTunes.

    I have an iPhone 11, and have tried restarting my phone to see if that would trigger the update appearing but it hasn't.

    Edit: Glad to see I wasn't the only one with this problem. I guess the update servers were down as someone suggested in the replies because when I got off work for the day and got home the update was available to download. I have it downloaded and have it set to install while I'm asleep. Thank you all for the replies! Q

    submitted by /u/DrFabs
    [link] [comments]

    If you tap the gray App Store icon in Messages, the annoying app bar at the bottom will disappear

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if this option stays the same in ios15?

    submitted by /u/SeeYa-SpaceCowboy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel