• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 25, 2021

    macOS While everyone is out here running on the new M1, I’m just hacking my 2006 iMac to run 10.9!

    macOS While everyone is out here running on the new M1, I’m just hacking my 2006 iMac to run 10.9!


    While everyone is out here running on the new M1, I’m just hacking my 2006 iMac to run 10.9!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Bug in Preview: "ti" turns into 9. (Big Sur) Anyone else having this?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    too many people complain about folders in launchpad so here’s how to actually do it

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:53 AM PDT

    i get mb's of "recovered files" but its just a folder full of NSIRD_something and nothing in them

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Ram replacement

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Model: macBook Pro (13 pulgadas, 2016, dos puertos Thunderbolt 3)

    I would like to change the ram memory of this device, I have opened it to see if it was a simple change or were special macbook ram modules.... The truth is that the laptop is going well, but with 8GB of ram I'm already running short and I would like to install one of 16GB. Do you know if it is possible for this model?

    submitted by /u/josejtax
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Spring Event 2021 iMac M1 Light/Dark Dynamic Wallpapers

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Mirror two Mac computers?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:45 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have two Mac computers (MBP 16 Intel and MBP 13 M1) and I would like to constantly mirror them (so whenever I use them, I want all data, apps (and app content), preferences, etc should be on both systems).

    Is that technically possible?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dr_progress
    [link] [comments]

    Need help updating my MAC OS X 10.7.5

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Hey! Im new to using a macbook and I wanted ti ask if anyone could send me a link to download a software to update my macbook pro mid-2012

    software update isnt detecting mac os updates so Im pretty clueless now

    submitted by /u/Endatrilogy
    [link] [comments]

    Ability to draw in notes

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    Is it possible to draw in standard notes on Mac, how on iPhone or iPad?

    submitted by /u/Cheater2000
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth icon just appear near the clock

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Less than one month with an M1 Mac mini. Went from great times to immeasurable frustration.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Wanted to post my experience here to gauge whether my situation is more common than I've seen so far.

    I bought a base model Mac mini on April 4th at a local Apple Store. Bought it home, set it up, and had quite a great experience with it over the last two weeks plus. Had never used a Mac outside of demos and it appeared to do whatever I needed extremely well.

    Skip to today: April 24th. My two-week return period was over but I thought I had made a great purchase. Because of my online university classes (and my lack of a webcam), I had improvised with the Iriun app and used my phone. With my semester over, I decided to uninstall the program, but it appeared that the drivers for Iriun were still on the Mac, or at least appearing in the audio input and output menus. Now, it was not a significant problem, but given my lite OCD for tech, I thought a simple factory reset would do the trick. Launched into recovery mode, went into Disk Utility and went to erase the Macintosh HD drive and then reinstall Big Sur.

    The wiping of the drive appears to work fine so I go to try and reinstall Big Sur and the unit refuses to cooperate. Displays several permission denied errors after accepting the OS terms. It gets worse from here. Back in Disk Utility, it starts to emit several '-60000-level' service errors in any attempt to repair or mount the drive. Got in touch with Apple Support and after an hour of troubleshooting, it looks like it's going to have to go in for repair.

    Given my current PC options for the summer, my new plan is to go in for an appointment at the store I bought it at and try to get a refund for the device rather than a repair or replacement. I read that the M1s had similar problems with factory resetting back in November but this doesn't appear to be the exact same. I'm wondering if anyone with an M1 has run into this. I can't seem to find others besides those who had the personalization issue last year.

    submitted by /u/pacifichockeyfan
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Monitors for M1

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Bought a M1 MacBook Pro 13, any idea when it will be able to use 2 monitors? 🤦🏽‍♂️

    submitted by /u/heroindisguise_sb
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a software that can calibrate my Mac for photo editing without needing any hardware?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    When's the update to macOS Big Sur 11.3?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    Apple’s AirDrop leaks users’ PII, and there’s not much they can do about it

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    Touch bar blank, is it a problem with my T1 chip?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    Touch bar display completely broken, not responding for over a year.

    A few days ago, I personally swapped all my internal components into a brand new upper case purchased from iFixit due to a dead keyboard, backlights, and touch bar. The repair went perfectly, and all components are now working—except the touch bar.

    A year prior to the repair, the touch bar began flicking in and out, until it died completely. After this, TouchBarServer/TouchBarAgent/ControlStrop couldn't be found in Activity Monitor, and all touch bar options were missing in System Preferences.

    Post repair, its display is still blank and its options are still missing in System Preferences, but the TouchBarServer process is back in Activity Monitor (the other two are still missing). Its options are still missing in the Keyboard category of System Preferences as well.

    The upper case I purchased came with a new touch bar and a brand new cable and logic board connector.

    I have clean installed Big Sur and the issue is still present.

    I have booted into safe mode and the issue is still present.

    I have a feeling there may be something corrupted within the T1 chip, but I can't know for sure.

    Please, please help. I'm stuck at an impasse as to what to do. Please don't suggest me bring it to Apple--they quoted repairs upwards of $1k, which is not possible right now.

    Computer is 2017 13" MBP w Touch Bar (A1706) running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

    submitted by /u/super8motels
    [link] [comments]

    Having a hard time erasing the drive

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    I bought a used Imac recently with Yosemite installed. I thought it's better to clean install a new OS on it for security purpose. And so I did, but as I try to upgrade from Lion OS to El capitan the Imac popped up a message says the instalation package is not working. Therefore I tried to erase the already installed image on the imac on disk utility. But it says error everytime I click on it. I have no clue what to do next as I couldn't even wipe the drive clean and install now.

    submitted by /u/BranchOne8952
    [link] [comments]

    Screenshots to apple photos

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    Is there a way to get the screen shots I take on my mac to back up on to my apple photos? Like can I link a folder and album or is there another way?

    submitted by /u/Bearonmon
    [link] [comments]

    whats the easiest way to open .exe files on a mac?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    whats the easiest way to open .exe files on a mac?

    submitted by /u/Nyrolol
    [link] [comments]

    I want my mac to update automatically, how do I get rid of this?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    Just upgraded from using my 16" MacBook Pro screen to dual 32" 4K monitors :)

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    Excel for MacOS - some issues

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    The only thing preventing me from switching to MacOS is excel.

    The base level macbook air still cost a significant of my pay at my place. So, I wanna know if i can make the switch. (Other windows laptop that cost slightly less just cant compare in terms of hardware quality. I can see the value of hardware apple is providing, and the longevity, i assume? Can they last 5 years? Do i need apple care? My assumption is usually if they dont break in the first year, they can last very long afterwards.)

    But, im worried that excel for mac might be very different for MacOS.

    1) Does short cut works the same way? For instance, to change a cell to bold, on windows i would just Alt+H>1, to change cell colour i would just ALT+H>H>[Select colour], to format cell, i would just ALT+1, is there similar shortcuts on MacOS excel?

    2) If i have a personal microsoft 365 subscription, can i carry forward to MacOS, and use it interchangeably between windows and mac? assuming i keep my windows laptop.

    3) Does hyperlink carry over? (i use hyperlink to link to other pdf files or excel sheets in windows. If I do that on mac, do they get carried over?)

    4) Is excel not that optimise for MacOS? I casually work with upwards of 5 books, each containing upwards of 10 sheets, some may go up to 60k rows and maybe 20 coloumns. I fiddle around with excel at my local apple store on M1 MBA, and it takes the MBA longer to load a blank excel than my current 4 year old windows on HDD to open excel with data already inside?

    I really appreciate your feedback on this.

    submitted by /u/Petronanas
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur is making me think about switching back to windows

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    So, I've had a Macbook Air since 2015. I'm currently on my second one (a 2018). And up until Big Sur, I've been extremely pleased. Things ran smoothly. Everything "just worked." Having come from a series of Windows laptops with crap batteries and bugs ahoy, working on a Mac was extremely painless. My only real complaint was that Microsoft's Office Apps on a Mac were crap. (Which is hardly Apple's fault and definitely worth the trade-off.)

    And then I got Big Sur.

    Since then, I've had no shortage of issues. Apps that used to open quickly now bounce on my taskbar for minutes randomly. I constantly see the beach ball. Apps regularly lock up to the point of having to hold down power until I restart. I got to the point where I decided my best option was to do a clean install. So, backed up my data, wiped the HD and started from a clean Big Sur install. But I'm still getting all the same problems.

    It's incredibly frustrating and to the point where I'm looking at my Mac wondering if it would it would be worth it to just slap Windows 10 on there. I know I'm not alone and I'm incredibly frustrated by this OS. Is this just me? Is anyone out there on a middle-aged Air having a decent time with this thing?

    submitted by /u/KefkaZ
    [link] [comments]

    Mac restarted because of a problem on all restarts

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Haven't been able to figure this one out, every time I restart (normal, not crashed) I get the "Your Mac restarted because of a problem" message. I have done a clean install, and it still pops up. I found one article about a crash log file, but the file in question on my machine did not have the same stuck data. I'm stumped, any ideas?

    MacOS 11.2.3, MacBook Air M1 512/8GB/4+4 Core

    submitted by /u/SaucemanCNY
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel