• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    iOS Gaming Teeny Tiny Review of Northgard!

    iOS Gaming Teeny Tiny Review of Northgard!


    Teeny Tiny Review of Northgard!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    I am very tired, but wanted to just write a little something before sleep to help others decide if they want to take the plunge.

    Northgard is available on iOS here for $7.99. DLC is available and adds new clans.

    Game was played on an iPad Pro 11 2020 with iOS 14.4.1.

    Super quick review: This is a fantastic game, with only a few negatives. Most of the negatives are temporary, and will fade or become positives as you learn more about the game.

    Graphics, Sound, Animations: all top notch. This game is beautiful to look at and beautiful to play. Minor negatives include a severe lack of graphical options, and the expected temperature increase and battery usage of an app that looks this good.

    Bugs: I only encountered one minor bug, at the very start. I could not reproduce it. The game asks you to set your Text Magnification right as the game starts. This is great as the default text size was WAY TOO SMALL for my device. I set it to the max magnification. A second UI magnification probably should have appeared after this point, or at least once I started the first campaign mission. Part of the window appeared, but I could do nothing with it. The rest of the UI magnification prompt appeared when I tried to open up options from within the first campaign mission. This resulted in two windows opened on top of each other, but I could no longer interact with either window (or anything else). I killed the app and restarted it. It immediately asked me for the UI magnification, before I even started the campaign again. I had no further problems and was able to continue the campaign. I lost maybe one minute to this bug.

    Positives: this is a very deep tactical game. It definitely qualifies as an RTS, but it also has elements of a grand strategic game like Civilization. Even the tutorial mission had a lot of elements to the small map and it was very engaging to explore and discover all of the map elements.

    Much of what you see here will have been taken from other popular RTS/Civ style games, but with a tweak that you might not have seen before. Exploration for example is handled by assigning workers to a scout station. They then randomly explore the entire map with little interaction needed from you. Pretty standard so far. But, once you've found new territories, you might have a series of tasks before you can actually build on those territories, depending on what's in them. In one of the territories in the tutorial map, I had to first send in warriors to clear some wandering wolves, then explore a wolves den, then send in warriors to clear the den, then spend some resources to claim the territory, and finally I was able to place new buildings in that area. When you have multiple new territories opening up at the same time, and each one has its own requirements, it can become a pleasant balancing act of resources, units, and time.

    Negatives: The magnification options are great, but on my iPad I was hoping for even more (a 2.5 or 3.0). It is definitely playable at 2.0 however.

    The tutorial does not do a great job of explaining things. It is one of those "do this, do that" tutorials that does not explain why you should do these things. The game is complex enough that an RTS neophyte might have a real problem getting through the first mission without being overwhelmed (though there is almost no danger in failing the mission).

    There is also a civilization-like shorthand going on in all of the pop up menus. I was wondering why my happiness was plunging, but the pop up just said "Population -2". That didn't tell me much. Was my population starving? (It wasn't) Did I not have enough houses for my population? (I did) Should I have had a higher population for the territories explored or how many years had progressed? (Nope) I had to go to a wiki and look up happiness formulas to see that just having a high population on its own will reduce happiness.

    The good news is that the majority of my current negatives (after just one game, mind you) will be erased as I become more familiar with the game. I wish it had a better tutorial, at least for the first mission, but it is by no means a deal breaker.

    Final verdict: I highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a quality RTS or civilization type game. Even those not normally engaged by those genres might find something to enjoy.

    8.5/10 (based on one campaign mission)

    submitted by /u/gorebelly
    [link] [comments]

    Company Of Heroes updated with mouse & keyboard support

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit, I created one of my first apps for my game studio ‘Retrisoft’. This was a fun side project, I’m passionate in creating bitesized casual games. Zugbat is Free (No Ads), I’m here because I really would love to hear your feedback as I’m looking to grow as a developer.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    This may be a long shot, but can someone tell me what game this is? only have this screenshot from when I used to play it. It was fun as shit, but I forgot the name... thanks in advance

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    CYBERIKA: CYBERPUNK ACTION RPG - Out now!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Battle Maps on iOS!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    SMASH LEGENDS - Rolling Out now!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Free DLC for Northgard

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, or if it's even intended, but for those that bought Northgard: the Clan of the Snake DLC is free to acquire from inside the additional content tab on the main screen. The other DLCs are still $2.99 but Clan of the Snake can be "purchased" for free.

    submitted by /u/ShimoHeiHei
    [link] [comments]

    Game to play long term with group of friends

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Preferably co-op/clan based. We want to avoid the worst buy-to-win traps if possible!

    submitted by /u/berguv
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any IOS games similar to Totally Accurate Battle Simulator?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    Ideally it wouldn't be online but I'm also not against it.

    submitted by /u/nonexistant2k3
    [link] [comments]

    Connected my Xbox series x controller but won’t work

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    I connected my Xbox controller and it says it's connected. I booted up max payne and my buttons aren't working at all. Nada. I looked around and it says that it has controller support. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/H4M_S4NDWITCH
    [link] [comments]

    PLAY TOGETHER - Out now!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Game to play while commuting/no signal? Ideally match 3?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:54 PM PDT

    I am out of games again!!

    The games I really enjoyed playing and had no issues with were: hex dungeon, hero emblems, grind stone, YMBAB

    Is there anything out there on a similar style?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/toufas
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a good special effect app

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    I'm making stopmotion movies and I still need a good app for special effects

    submitted by /u/LordDevilgerman
    [link] [comments]

    Spincraft, ios slot machine roguelite

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Endless games that aren't full of microtransactions?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I'm looking for a way to quit gaming altogether as it's an addiction of mine, so I've decided to only play mobile games as they aren't as addicting as console/pc games to me. So a game that I'm looking for is a game that I can sink plenty of time into over the months/years and doesn't really end, for example a game where i can continue building up something, however it also doesn't have microtransactions as I'm prone to purchase these when things get slow/boring. I'd be willing to pay upfront for a game that doesn't have microtransactions. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/QuackSK
    [link] [comments]

    Pixelot Mobile Performance & Review

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    While everyone has been enjoying "Fantasian" (and for good reason, it's incredible) I have been enjoying another RPG on mobile named "Pixelot". I bought it quite a while ago when it peaked my interest in this sub. I decided to make a review about the game to bring some attention to it and help others who may be wondering whether or not to take the plunge!

    I put a lot of effort into making this review as short and concise as possible (under 5 minutes long) while also packing it with as much detailed information about the game as I could! All feedback about the review is also appreciated! Thanks!

    https://youtu.be/fQQG3WV-qkc

    submitted by /u/TheKindMind
    [link] [comments]

    NORTHGARD - Rolling out now!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    ‎Zugbat - Free (No Ads)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:44 PM PDT

    Games like Sprout Idle Garden/Idle Garden Inc?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Ok, so I was reading somewhere else on r/iosgaming earlier about the game Sprout Idle Garden, which was sold (forgive me if I say any of this wrong, this is just what I remember from those like 5 comments) to a big company which basically killed the game.

    I found this game, which was supposedly just like the original game.

    I'm not completely sure if this game was just copied from the ipa files and reuploaded by some other developer, or if that's the original game that was just rebranded (less sure about the second one because I would expect the original link would work in that case)

    Now, to the issue with the one I found. The game seems super polished, except for some pretty big gamebreaking bugs. Things like progress getting reset after closing and reopening the game, buttons that you need to continue the game disappearing, etc.

    I joined the Discord that was linked in the settings (it seems to be the original one for the original game from a few years ago), and I found that people still talk about the issues every few days, other than that it's a pretty dead server. None of the devs seem to be active on the server, and people in the Discord are basically just shouting into the void without any response from the developers.

    HOWEVER, on the app store page, that last 4 updates are 5m, 1w, 5d, and 1d. The patches say that they've fixed these bugs, but they clearly haven't. With this paired with no responses, I'm not very confident about the future and stability of the game.

    For the few hours I've played after downloading it today, it's been a blast, except for those huge bugs. Are there any games similar to Sprout/Idle Garden Inc that would provide a similar experience that aren't absolute cash cows with ads after every action?

    submitted by /u/thesimg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel