• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 29, 2021

    Apple TV Will you upgrade to the new Siri remote?

    Apple TV Will you upgrade to the new Siri remote?


    Will you upgrade to the new Siri remote?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Apple profit soars in latest quarter on higher iPhone sales

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Any good alternative app to infuse ? (free or paid)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    I was a happy customer of infuse 4 Pro, but recent update in ios 14.5 killed the app and can no longer even open it. I guess this will eventually come to tvOS, hence my question. Any good alternatives to infuse?

    I tried infuse 6 and it always asks for subscription whenever I try to play a few specific videos (probably because of AC-3 sound). I have no issue buying an app, but I don't like subscriptions hence infuse is (sadly) no longer an option for me.

    My needs are very basic:

    -->play almost every video (mkv, avi, mp4)

    --> play Dolby / dts sound formats

    --> play videos from NAS

    Many thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/jjp81
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube on both Of mine AppleTVs ignoring my premium account and are showing ads.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Yes... both... since two days. Berfore that everything was fine. Also with other devices I have no problems using YT Premium.

    I thought maybe it's possible that there are new clashes between apple and YT?

    please can anyone help ?

    submitted by /u/mickroh
    [link] [comments]

    Outputting PCM to my atmos receiver?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    I have a new Sony 7.1 atmos receiver, and an Apple TV HD. I'm aware it doesn't output atmos, but I am wondering what output setting I should have it set to. Should auto format be off or should it be set to Dolby Digital? Previously I had it set to Dolby digital and whenever watching Netflix or Disney + it would say DD on my receiver display but since changing it to Auto format to off, it always says PCM on the display. Which is better?

    submitted by /u/hisnherscanucks
    [link] [comments]

    Apps listing Apple TV Remote (1st gen) required

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    As the title says. I was installing Infuse and it showed this. Checked a few other video apps and same thing. Not all did though. I assume we will see this mostly for games that need the gyroscope.

    submitted by /u/soyboyshawn
    [link] [comments]

    If I airplay to my apple tv can I use Bluetooth headphones for the audio??

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    Suggestion for couch co-op games?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    What games on the Apple TV can you suggest, that can be played in multiplayer mode while sitting next to each other?

    submitted by /u/nameage
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Apple TV 4K 5th Gen support Dolby Vision 60fps?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    I'm in the market for an Apple TV. But I'm considering saving some money and finding a used Apple TV 5th Gen for cheaper.

    With that said, the only thing that I'm really worried about is support for Dolby Vision 60 FPS. And I've seen some people say that the 5th Gen already supports it...but I don't have an Apple TV around to test it.

    Can anyone confirm this for me?

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveSnow966
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use AirPods on AppleTV while also using them to FaceTime?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Say I wanted to watch a movie using the group feature on Disney+ while FaceTiming the person I'm watching with. Can I connect my AirPods to both? Or something?

    submitted by /u/SmokinMagic
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have this issue watching Unforgiven with Dolby Vision?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Around the 14:13 mark there is some noise in the picture, horizontal white static lines. It clears up about 2 minutes later and plays fine the rest of the way. I turned off matching frame rate & range, changed the format to both 1080p SDR and the lines were no longer present. Changed it back to 4K SDR and no lies either. Turned DV back on the lines popped up again.

    A few months, maybe a year ago this same thing happened with one scene from The Dark Knight and there were a few posts about that here. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue

    submitted by /u/DarkDomer
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple Abusing Its App Store Dominance? Check Out The Latest News! - The Next Hint

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    Type to Siri on ATV

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to remove the "type to Siri" option that comes with tvOS 14.5?

    I just don't like the extra "done" click I have to do for search because of this type to Siri

    submitted by /u/Mmrisho
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 Adjust Color Balance on iPhone 12 Pro not working with Samsung 55" Class KU630D 4K UHD TV

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:17 PM PDT

    I have 2 AppleTV appliances. The Color Balance sync'd up in no time on the 47" Vizio 4K in my bedroom. It refuses to sync up with my 55" Samsung in the living room. Both Apple TVs are identical versions of the 4K model. Any idea if this is a known problem with Samsung? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MiamiInfidel
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get my HomePod to play music on my Apple TV the first time I ask?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:49 PM PDT

    Hey all, new Apple TV owner here! (I know, I know, new one coming out – if I can get this to work I'll return the current one and buy a new one). I'm writing in the hopes that someone out there might be able to help me finalize my dream living room music setup .

    The Dream: I ask Siri (via HomePod Mini) to play music in my living room. It turns on the Apple TV and starts playing the music through the soundbar. (I personally don't care whether it turns on my TV or not – ideally it wouldn't, but if it has to, that's fine too.)

    The Reality: If my TV is off and I ask Siri to play something in my living room, she agrees... but the only thing that happens is the Apple TV & TV turn on. I have to repeat the command once more to actually get the music to start.

    I'm assuming this is because by the time the Apple TV powers up, the HomePod's request to play music has come and gone. Any solutions for this?

    My HDMI setup is: Apple TV -> Soundbar -> TV (LG OLED CX)

    submitted by /u/sharethelove
    [link] [comments]

    I regret buying the GEN 3. Is the 4K much better than the HD?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    I recently purchased an Apple TV Gen 3 (2012) and really liked the interface and how it can play audio through the HomePod mini instead of the usual TV speakers. But the old Netflix interface is just garbage today, YouTube is now completely defunct, and there's no App Store.

    I'm looking to pick up a used TV HD (2015), or TV 4K (2017) today. 4K, HDR, and Atmos do not matter to me (at the moment), and I don't see myself adopting a 4K TV in the near future as we're always moving. So I guess the only thing TV 4K does better for me is the better A10 chip. Should I go for the 4K for the processor speed or is the HD still fast today? Is there anything else I should take into account?

    submitted by /u/Templeridge
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Apple TV remote

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    I tried to search the sub, but could not find an answer.

    Is there a way to turn off the Apple TV remote? My toddler daughter loves to hold the remote but it's highly sensitive so it's difficult to watch a movie with her.

    Any help, or alternative recommendations are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Inclaudwetrust
    [link] [comments]

    What are "wakeups_resource.ips" files?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    I apologize is this has been answered, but I could not find it with a search. I have a bunch of these files showing on my ATV HD. They are there with YouTube, TCM, stacks+, and other identifiers in front of the "wakeups". They also have a date and time appended to them.

    Should I delete them? What do they do?

    submitted by /u/tjcanno
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    I know I would probably get a different answer on the Google site but I am interested to hear what you all have to say.

    I recently got a Chromecast with Google Tv streaming device and I like it much better than the Firestick I was using and the UI of my Tv.

    However just yesterday to my surprise, my Tv ( Sony X900H) had an update that added the Chromecast with Google Tv UI to it. Now I kinda have two of them, plus I can still use the Firestick if I wanted.

    I never had an Apple Tv but this new version really has me intrigued. I am considering getting rid of my CCGT and Firestick and getting this new Apple Tv to use as my primary UI on my Tv. I also am intrigued by the Apple Arcade. I am OK with the price increase compared to what I already have , so forgetting the price aspect, what would you guys do? I trust your advice because you already have experience with the older model and I know very little about the Apple Tv...Thanks for any advice or info you can give me.

    submitted by /u/oldmanonsilvercreek
    [link] [comments]

    HFR

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Is HFR a new feature on the new Apple TV 4K like this website claims? I am able to chose Dolby vision 5K 60 hz on my old Apple TV 4K's settings.

    submitted by /u/vhua
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy the Apple TV HD, just for 160€

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    ...and I don't want to go to Google for their 70€ entrance to Apple TV.

    So, is there a chance that they lower the price soon? Actually I really don't get their pice policy. They could at least sell it for 99€ to gain customer momentum (like with the HomePod mini).

    Or will Apple properly just discontinue the weirdly priced HD device and refer to the ability of the 4K to also play 1920p content? Then at least I can use the aftermarket.

    The problem is that I really want to avoid the prior Apple Remote. That makes it hard to go to second hand devices which are around the price it should initially have. Really, Apple is killing the market. TV is the only thing that I am basically forced out of their eco system.

    submitted by /u/thmonline
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel