• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Apple TV The New 2021 Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) adds eARC support for the discontinued HomePod

    Apple TV The New 2021 Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) adds eARC support for the discontinued HomePod


    The New 2021 Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) adds eARC support for the discontinued HomePod

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:41 PM PDT

    Tip for those having issues with Color Balance on tvOS 14.5

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I've been struggling with the Color Balance feature on tvOS 14.5 on my AppleTV 4K with my iPhone 12 Pro since Apple released the RC.

    I read that many people have the same issue: the color balance popup shows on the iPhone but it gets stuck there and never shows the iPhone shaped rectangle on the TV to start the calibration.

    Turns out (for me) that it was an iCloud issue on my iPhone even though everything iCloud related seemed to be working fine.

    I can't explain what was wrong but after many failed attempts, I finally decided to sign out from iCloud on my iPhone then sign back in and my issue was fixed.

    Hope this helps…

    submitted by /u/Lordastase
    [link] [comments]

    Seems like many are having this issue but has anyone gotten past it?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Update in the middle of a video?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Watching a Music video and suddenly... why in the flying duck is my Apple TV asking me to update now or later?!?!

    submitted by /u/melbigsonasthebeaver
    [link] [comments]

    Siri Remote haptic question

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Does the new 2021 Siri Remote have a haptic motor? I would imagine a clicky-ness like Magic Trackpad 2 being quick nice in a remote.

    submitted by /u/renner_c
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Home Sharing to AppleTV skips all HEVC and h.265 videos

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Hi all, on macOS 11.3 here with tvOS 14.5.

    I setup up Home Sharing on my mac by going to SystemPreferences->Sharing->MediaSharing and making sure "Share photos with Apple TV" is checked, and in the Choose window, making sure "include videos" is checked.

    Everything plays perfectly. I finally don't need Plex at all to get full resolution, original quality videos from my Photos library. (the AppleTV's Photos app streams videos at less than original quality for some video types, especially GoPro videos, introducing very noticeable compression artifacts and reducing detail terribly.)

    Except... well, there's one giant problem: Home Sharing seems to be missing hundreds of my videos!

    Well, it took me a day but I finally realized it's skipping over al of my HEVC iPhone videos and all of my h.265 encoded home videos that are in my Photos library.

    So, does anyone else use Home Sharing to their AppleTV who can test this? I'm wondering if this is a known limitation or if it's something screwy with my setup.

    For what it's worth, the videos play fine on the AppleTV through Plex with no transcoding.

    submitted by /u/OdoriferousOddball
    [link] [comments]

    Steelseries Nimbus vs PS4 controller for Apple TV

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Is there any difference between getting a nimbus vs a ps4 controller for my apple tv?

    submitted by /u/DistributionFit5773
    [link] [comments]

    Fast and furious Tokyo drift movie voices go quiet for a sec and then back to being loud any solutions?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    It's from the Apple TV app btw

    submitted by /u/djwebbmaster
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV stuck on 576p

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    Well my ATV has downgraded after updating to 14.5. I can't get 4k, HD, or nothing. I've tried fixing it and man what a disappointment. I've restart it and I figured it has to do something with Sony's "enhanced hdmi" and the latest firmware. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Okatempt
    [link] [comments]

    Question: HDR 24/7 or no?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Hey peeps. When I first got my 4K tv I rocked the HDR always on mode without really thinking about it.

    Then I saw a bunch of people online recommending to turn from HDR and instead use match content.

    I was wondering what settings you guys use.

    submitted by /u/Nol188
    [link] [comments]

    Sound not working through soundbar with certain apps. ( 32g 4k )

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    As the title says, I have no audio when using certain apps. Apple music, my spectrum cable app, YouTube and Hulu have sound. Appletv and HBO max have no sound.

    I've reset my box, TV and soundbar. uninstalled and reinstalled HBO max but nothing has worked. Anyone have similar issues?

    submitted by /u/Omg-A-turkey-Sammie
    [link] [comments]

    TvOS 14.5, apple tv 4k and OLED CX Black Levels in Dolby Vision..still rises?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    Hi I have the (2017?) apple tv 4k and an OLED CX. I have noticed that with dolby vision the blacks are 'rises'..not true black. With new 14.5 update something change? I ask because i still prefer to use the tv in build app for watching dolby vision contents..because i prefer true blacks.. but i hope one day apple will fix it on the 'old' apple tv 4k..

    submitted by /u/Delsin_07
    [link] [comments]

    Can you hide select home sharing videos from showing up on one ATV while letting it show in another?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    I have 2 Apple TV's, one in the living room which my kid uses, and one in the bedroom. Both are using home sharing to get videos from the media library on my Mac Mini, (videos and anime either ripped or downloaded from the internet which aren't available from iTunes). Is it possible to hide videos and shows in one ATV, while letting it show on another? I like the living room one to just show movies and shows like Raya, The Hobbit, Inuyashiki, Dragon Ball, Sword Art, etc, while hiding the more violent stuff like It, Helsing and Elfen Lied. While on the bedroom ATV, everything is shown.

    submitted by /u/SandwichesX
    [link] [comments]

    LG CX and AppleTV 4K video settings

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    I have a LG CX 4K.

    What should I set the Format, HDMI Output, Chroma and Match Content?

    submitted by /u/Zog_130
    [link] [comments]

    Color balance not working

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    I tried to color balance my tv, but it won't get past the color white. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there any solution?

    Edit: I've tried it on all picture modes and none of them worked.

    submitted by /u/Bakery-
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV/LG CX controls

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    So my magic remote controls scrolling at everything on my lg tv when I'm using the Apple TV 4K but when I wanna get back to the main menu I have to keep hitting back. Is there a shortcut to getting back to the menu using the magic remote?

    submitted by /u/bluesfan1700
    [link] [comments]

    Factory reset my Apple TV, audio still out of sync when watching with Bluetooth headphones connected.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Yeah this is ridiculous. OG post here . All happened after the update today. Audio is slightly ahead of the visuals with AirPods and Bose headphones connected to Apple TV via Bluetooth. So annoyed. This is how they'll get us Apple TV HD owners to upgrade to the new one that is barely any better lmao

    submitted by /u/SuperLobster7
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having audio sync issues with Bluetooth headphones ever since the update? Can’t figure out a fix

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    I'm on Apple TV HD from 2015, maybe I shouldn't have updated today because now my Bluetooth audio is out of sync and ahead of the visuals. Works fine on my sound system but having a problem with both pairs of Bluetooth headphones. Tried the wireless audio calibration twice and it didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any tips for this?

    Edit: this is awful, don't update if you connect Bluetooth headphones to your Apple TV

    submitted by /u/SuperLobster7
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone audio help

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    I'm at an Airbnb and their setup has an appletv but the tv audio sucks. There is no headphone jack place to plug in anywhere. I was hoping I could use my headphones plugged into my iPhone, and mirror the iPhone display to the appletv (which is working) so I can have the video on the tv only. But when I try this it overrides what I want and just plays audio from the tv only nothing from my headphones..

    Is there a way to do this? I'm mainly interested in this functionality for twitch YouTube and Netflix. I tried both the twitch app and mobile site but got the same results.

    submitted by /u/Wavestrike
    [link] [comments]

    Color Balance not required because of Dolby Vision?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    Both my iPhone and a TV 4K have been updated to14.5. When I tried to use colour balance on the ATV, it said that it was not required. "Your television is using Dolby Vision and its color is accurate. It doesn't need to be calibrated right now."

    I suppose this is expected behavior? I haven't tried switching the video format as I am pretty pleased with 4K Dolby Vision. That said, do you think I would get a better picture if I changed it to 4K HDR or 4K SDR?

    submitted by /u/Cantech667
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to run TVOS on Apple TV 3rd gen

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    It would be fun do figure out if we can

    submitted by /u/minecraft11dude
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel