• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Apple Macbook Transitioned into a macbook user after using windows for my entire life. This machine is crazy efficient! 🤯 hope to learn more from u guys here.

    Apple Macbook Transitioned into a macbook user after using windows for my entire life. This machine is crazy efficient! �� hope to learn more from u guys here.


    Transitioned into a macbook user after using windows for my entire life. This machine is crazy efficient! �� hope to learn more from u guys here.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    My Review after using Macbook Pro M1 for two weeks as an Android/Flutter Developer.... it sucks!

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:13 PM PDT

    My Review after using Macbook Pro M1 for two weeks as an Android/Flutter Developer.... it sucks!

    Hi, finally I gathered enough money (from freelancing) that I am able to afford a MacBook Pro M1 with 8GB RAM & 512 GB SSD. And today, after two weeks of purchasing and using it continuously for developing mobile apps using Android and Flutter, I am sharing my review. In one phrase.. IT SUCKS!

    DISCLAIMER: No, I am not saying that because Android Studio is not optimized for M1, or Android Emulator is not working at all. I saw those coming, my concern is bigger than that.

    I dunno why this hype is going on about the M1, everyone praising it as it is a super-computer. Here are the things that annoy me:

    1. Animation

    The animation you see when you:

    • switch between desktops by swiping three fingers on the trackpad.
    • Put the Youtube video on full-screen in Chrome (which is optimized for M1 btw) and vice versa.
    • Switch to maximum screen size any window.

    Previously I had MacBook Pro 2015 13" with 16 Gigs RAM, apart from its overheating problem and fan running continuously at maximum speed, it was kinda okay when it comes to the animation of switching between desktop, it was smooth. But now on M1, I am running VS-Code (M1 Optimised) and iOS Simulator on one desktop and the rest of the apps like chrome and finder, etc on a seperate desktop. Now whenever I swipe three fingers across the trackpad, it takes somewhere between 500ms to 1000ms to react. And GOD, that is embarrassing.

    Putting a video on fill-screen animation also goes in steps and the whole process takes like 2-3 seconds.

    Switch to maximum screen size animation also goes in steps. Not even close to the word "Smooth"

    PS: Screen-recording can be made on request

    2. Connecting Android Phone

    Now, I haven't tried connecting an iPhone to my MacBook directly coz I don't have any type-c to lightning cable, but what I do have is a Type-C to Type-C cable. I connect my Android phone for testing apps (as I can't do this on Virtual Devices)

    BIG SURPRISE

    MacBook starts charging from my tiny Android Phone, which seems cruel. I have never measured if it actually charges the battery or just displays it but what I do notice, it drains the Android Phone battery quickly. This leaves me no option but stoping my work, unplug my Android Phone, charge it and then put it back on. And this is a third-class experience that I expect from a 500$ laptop. Not from this tech giant and the product which is praised like God on the internet.

    3. Switching between Apps

    When you switch between apps via command+tab, it also sucks. It takes some time to pop up the new app. Remember, this is switching between apps. The apps are already loaded into memory. Not launching a new app.

    To summarize, the animations are the worst, the overall performance is slightly better than the worst.

    The only thing good about M1 is its battery life, but trust me that does not justifies the price.

    Thank you for reading.

    Ignore the background, I was travelling and I took this picture in a guest house.

    submitted by /u/davidkonal
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook and iPad production delayed due to global chip shortage

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    Apple has officially confirm about the delay in production of some MacBook and iPad models due to global chip shortage. According to report from Nikkei Asia, the shortage of chip could be one of the main cause of delay in production of MacBooks. Due to shortage of chip, one of the main step in production line is causing this delay. This step is the mounting of components on the printed circuit boards before the final assembly.

    Global Chip Shortage

    This report comes from the industry sources and experts, citing production delay. Read More: MacBook and iPad production delayed due to global chip shortage

    submitted by /u/impulkits
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2017 Macbook 13" only charges when on sleep and charging error pops up when in use

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    This issue suddenly popped up, whenever i'm actively using my MacBook I'll have it plugged in and it says "battery is not charging" with the cables that came with it. It only charges when on sleep, and it loses battery while in use.

    I've tried every USB c outlet port on the laptop and have reset the SMC multiple times. Would really appreciate some help!!

    submitted by /u/goblue4569
    [link] [comments]

    Time to launch Chrome, Edge, Word, Outlook, Photoshop on M1

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Chrome ~ 5 seconds

    Edge ~ 5 seconds

    Outlook ~ 6 seconds

    Word ~ 4 seconds

    Photoshop (newest version for m1) ~ 10 seconds

    The time to launch an application is horrendous. Makes this laptop feel extremely slow.

    Compared to my 3+ year old Surface laptop, it doesn't even come close to how fast that could launch the same apps. And that had an extremely slow ssd.

    Now if I quit and reopen it's a little faster, but I also see Mac OS doesn't release all the memory when you quit an app. Hence why I'm over 8GB of memory used after I've quit everything and sitting at desktop.

    I'm trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my Macbook Air M1. 16GB/ 1TB config.

    submitted by /u/Fwiler
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook SE

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    Picture this, MacBook SE: uses 12 inch Macbook body and M1 chip. 8GB ram, 128/256/512 GB SSD. Starts at 699.

    Maybe for a 799 starting price: Reduce the screen bezels Add touch ID

    What Are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Icy-One-7531
    [link] [comments]

    deleting garageband plug-ins

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    how do you delete third party plugins downloaded onto garageband? i've checked the downloads, library, package contents, basically everything i can think of.

    submitted by /u/acp3500
    [link] [comments]

    DROPPED MAC m1 AIR !!!

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    i just got my foot caught in my cable and dropped my mac from my desk onto the floor, it hit the chair on the way down.

    Im honestly amazed - it seems entirely functional and has no apparent physical damage outside of the tiniest scratch.

    should i be worried? how can i get my mac checked to make sure the internals haven't just been scrambled?

    submitted by /u/edwardfernandez_
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased a refurbished Macbook Air - Came with less storage space than advertised.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    New macbook owner here (Air 2017). I purchased a refurbished model from Back Market refurbished marketplace. The device was supposed to come with a 512GB SSD. What arrived was a device with 128GB SSD that Mac OS seems to recognize as "500GB Flash Storage." Is there a chance that this drive has been partitioned in some way? Or, (more likely) was this a lazy attempt to scam me by an unscrupulous vendor? (seriously - it takes 5 seconds to check storage capacity)

    submitted by /u/hotdog-water
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good time to buy a new MacBook Air? Or are they going to come out with a new one soon? Is 8gb ram enough for a MacBook or should I get 16gb?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:18 PM PDT

    Not sure if macOS uses as much ram as windows 10. Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur slow.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    So a couple of days ago I finally made the decision to update to big sir on my 2015 MacBook Pro 13inch. After this update my MacBook became very slow, especially with internet. It cannot even load a HD YouTube video without pausing to buffer again. Also (I play the sims) gaming became terrible. But it doesn't put the fan on flying to the moon mode. What it usually did on Catalina. On Catalina I could play the sims and open safari to look this up, now it's just not possible. I looked up the usage of the CPU and RAM, but it didn't use full CPU or RAM.

    What can this be 😕

    submitted by /u/BeneficialCup1
    [link] [comments]

    M1 AIR (16gb ram) OR M1 PRO (8gb ram)?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    a little background about me: I do photoshop, video editing on DaVinci Resolve, web design.

    I am torn between the 2. for the purposes I do above, which do you think is a better choice for me?

    price difference is about $200 with PRO costing more.

    submitted by /u/hamyng112505
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Thunderbolt 2 adapter to Usb-c on new Macbook M1?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Just bought a macbook Pro and Am quite disappointed in the connection ports it comes with.
    I have a Thunderbolt Display with a Thunderbolt cable and I can not seem to find a converter to allows me to use this as a second screen on my New Macbook Pro. Is this a screen completely obsolete at this point, or have I missed anything?

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Honeywalnutslimp
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help please? Currently running High Sierra 10.13.6 & every time I try to update it fails.. Update page looks like this too which seems kinda sus and makes me skeptical about trying to update again

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Nice yellow spot bro. Why do I keep getting this?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Price Drop - $100 Off MacBook Air M1 512GB, only $1,149 - $50 Off 256GB only $949 - Mother's Day Gift

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    It's amazing how old MacBooks have lasted

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    I'm still using my 13" 2012 MBA with 4 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. I'm really happy how long this has lasted. Although the battery needs servicing, even with diminished battery, I can still use this Macbook for 6-8 hours of heavy productivity tasks like browsing web (with tens of tabs on Safari), emails, notes/reminders app as well as media usage like Netflix/online_streaming and/or lightweight programming, that isn't resource intensive. I've also repurposed my sister's old 11" 2012 MBA as a desktop, which is like a clone to my MBA 13" 2013, that runs 24x7.

    It's amazing that these two Macbooks from 2012/2013 haven't quite been rendered obsolete for everyday average user, although I'm aware of EOL when it comes to software updates, particularly MacOS update on 2012/2013 devices.

    I's endearing how robust these old machines are compared to never ending regret of few of my friends who bough devices between 2016-2019 era. Whew.

    Who here is still clinging on to their old Macbook?

    submitted by /u/jdasnbfkj
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple repair or replace MacBooks?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    When you take the MacBook in because it's having problems, do they usually repair it or replace it with a new one?

    submitted by /u/Caroline_2002
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook randomly going standby

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    So I have a MacBook Pro (late 2017, basic model).

    My battery was pretty bad so I could only use it when plugged in. I went to a local repair shop and they recalibrated my macbook. It was working fine from battery then and I could use it without charging it with multiple peripherals (headphone, mouse, keyboard). So far so good.

    But as soon as he has to do some more powerful stuff (eg playing minecraft, even on lowest settings) he starts to randomly go standby and has to be plugged in to start again, but then it was just like before so no restart and he still has enough battery. as soon as I unplug it then it works fine again until it randomly does this again.

    What should I do? Do you need any extra info?

    submitted by /u/Firefox6_66
    [link] [comments]

    a hard choice ( sounds like a book )

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    hi guys, I am saving money to buy a new MacBook Pro, I just can't afford a brand new m1 MacBook Pro because they are so expensive in morrocco, so I am going to the used market so :

    2017 esc MacBook pro

    2019 base model

    submitted by /u/Ill_Purpose_5186
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Parallels for Mac for M1 chip available with $16 coupon

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that Parallels for Mac, for the M1 chip is out now.

    If you have email subscription with them, they emailed a discount code for $16 value.

    Taking it down from $80 to about $64 for 1 year

    submitted by /u/matt4493
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth mouse cursor has some choppy movement on MBA M1. Is this normal?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Hello,

    So i've just bought a Logitech Pebble Mouse for my M1 Macbook Air and I notice that the cursor movement is rather choppy and it also feels like it's movement is at 30fps at best. When I use the trackpad, the cursor is buttery smooth.

    The bluetooth mouse is new, battery is also new. I tried the mouse on a Windows laptop and it seems to work just fine.

    Am I missing something? Is there something I should know or I should do ?

    submitted by /u/kuddoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel