• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Apple Macbook Should I get a M1 MacBook Air?

    Apple Macbook Should I get a M1 MacBook Air?


    Should I get a M1 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I am going to be a student in IT pretty soon, and I can't decide over getting a macbook or a windows ultrabook. Is the m1 macbook air capable of programming? And if so, should I get the 8 GB or 16GB version?

    Edit: I probably will go through university and at least 1 or 2 years after that without changing my laptop

    submitted by /u/octaaax
    [link] [comments]

    Mac mini vs iMac for video editing

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Which is the better option for 1080p video editing? Approximately 8-12 min vids on iMovie.

    2020 Mac mini 8gb ram 250gb ssd New $699 Need to also purchase monitor, keyboard, mouse

    Late 2013 imac used 16gb ram 1TB fusion drive 3.5ghz core i7 $600

    I realize the ideal option here would be Mac mini 16gb, but that's out of my budget right now. Any advice here? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Oreditt
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 8GB vs 16GB subjective review

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    I work in IT, and I've been an on and off Mac user since 1990. My last Mac was a 2016 MacBook Pro that my work purchased for me. More recently, I've been using a new Dell XPS 13 10th Gen 16GB and a Ryzen 3600X desktop 32GB (new job is more Windows focused).

    Last week, I had a whim and decided to buy a MacBook Air 8GB for use as a primary work machine. For me, work consists of Outlook (50,000+ email in Inbox), Cisco Webex, Zoom, about 50+ Safari tabs, and usually Word and/or Powerpoint open.

    The 8GB MB Air was incredibly fast 98% of the time, but I noticed that my RAM used was reported as ~7+ GB at all times. I also got a spinning beach ball at times switching between programs. Finally, I noticed that waking from sleep, or transitioning from docked to unplugged would often cause the beach ball to spin for a while. Overall, it was not a perfect experience from a performance standpoint.

    In terms of form factor, weight, keyboard, screen, battery life, speakers, etc, everything else was a 10/10. Really a dream compared even to the Dell XPS 13.

    Due to these minor hiccups with performance, I wondered if 16GB of RAM would help. Well, it's been two days using the new 16 GB machine, and I now have zero beach balls. For what it's worth, most of the time I am seeing 10-11GB used on the new machine.

    I realize this is not a scientific test, but I am happy. And my assistant manager is getting an (almost) new 8GB MacBook Air!

    submitted by /u/ITdirectorguy
    [link] [comments]

    I was playing with the display color settings on my MacBook and now don't know what is the default setting.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    which setting is the default and which one should is use?

    im a student and I mostly use Notes, Pages, Word, PDFs, Word, Safari and occasional Netflix and YouTube.

    thanks in advance for any help✌🏻

    submitted by /u/i5ucked
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get the MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro? (M1)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    As the title says, should I get the base MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?

    As per "intensive work flow", all I will be doing is mainly using the MacBook as a means to side car for the iPad Pro I plan on picking up concurrently, to work on a full fledged photoshop. Sometimes I'll have several (20-40) layers including actions (several high pass layers etc, a total of 60 or more layers) etc in photoshop. I'll also be running programs like Indesign and illustrator.

    I might run virtualization to possibly run windows software like solidworks while on the go or even fusion 360. I might be using blender for product design rendering as well.

    I don't export 8k video or do any kind of video editing. Might do some after effects videos of rendered CAD models later on.

    Effectively, my laptop will be a means to side car for my iPad Pro. And anything really intensive (keyshot renders etc) will be done on my self built PC. But I'd like a very capable MacBook to do some actual work when push comes to shove and I'm away from my desktop.

    Was thinking of picking up the base model MacBook Air, or MAYBE the base model MacBook Pro. But I'm not sure how well 8 gigs works with the machines as they stand now.

    I have external SSD's so storage space isn't a huge issue for me.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/the_spookiest_
    [link] [comments]

    Command+C and command+v not working. It copies and pastes incorrectly or random text.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    MacBook owners where do you get your wallpapers from?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Do you get wallpapers from the web or do you just stick with the default?

    submitted by /u/Septiiiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to view canon or GoPro footage without importing?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Best privacy screen for MacBook Pro m1 13 inch 2020?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:29 PM PDT

    Macbook 2015 "12 vs macbook air 2017 which to buy

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    Which to buy both cost the same. Macbook has better display and lightweight whereas air is newer help me choose

    submitted by /u/TicketWeak2100
    [link] [comments]

    Does the M1 chip support virtualization?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    I'm looking to get an M1 MacBook Air as a new computer science student. However, my university claims that the 'M1 processors do not support virtualization and therefore are not recommended for the Computer Science program'.

    I did some research and found that Parallels, a virtualization program recently released an M1 version of there software and VMware is working on one too.

    Should I get get an M1 Mac assuming that it will fully support virtualization in the near future, or should I go for a Windows device?

    submitted by /u/freddy3434
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get an M1 MacBook Pro for $1,000?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    Hello,
    I am currently looking for an upgrade from my MBA 2017 and I would like the M1 MacBook Pro. I don't care too much if the MBP is used, but i would like to buy one for $1,000 as that is my budget. I would also prefer it to be a reputable seller. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/x-aeaxii
    [link] [comments]

    In need of a base 2015 MacBook Pro retina 15 inch receipt!!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Can anybody find a copy of their old receipt for a 2015 mbp? I originally bought my laptop off Craigslist and deleted my message thread with the seller. A couple years later I'm here with my mbp asking me for a firmware password. Apple is requesting a receipt in order to override the password. If I can get someone's receipt preferably electronic, I can make some adjustments to make it look like I purchased it. Please help me avoid losing this 1500$ purchase :( thank you guys in advance!

    submitted by /u/tajbeem
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MBP running Big Sur... should I go back to Mojave?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    I was happy with the performance of Mojave. Catalina slowed it down noticeably, and I've had a lot of issues with Big Sur. When I first upgraded, it was very sluggish. Boot-ups were slow. One day after not having used it for a while, I turned it on and apps wouldn't open and there was a pop-up with question marks instead of text.

    I tried reinstalling, but ultimately I ended up wiping the whole laptop (not intentionally). After a lot of grief, I figured out how to install Mojave from a USB drive. It was fast again. Then, I decided to upgrade to Big Sur just because of the new features. It's not as bad as before, but definitely slower.

    Should I just stick with Mojave? I was interested in sidecar, but the 2015 is one year too old to meet the requirements.

    submitted by /u/Tiernan1980
    [link] [comments]

    Touchscreen macbook late 2021

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    We can all agree that the higher end macs coming this year will likely be redesigned and support miniLEDs. I think we forget apple likes to keep things simple, so its not a stretch to think they will just stick the iPad screen onto the higher end macbooks.

    The simplicity of the ipadOS is still valuable for entry level devices and those familiar with iOS, so that's not going away anytime soon.

    submitted by /u/ninjacowboyluchador
    [link] [comments]

    Minimalist Desk Setup USB-C Monitor with Sound Control

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I have been doing a fair bit of googling on this, and I can't seem to find anything specific on being able to control the sound of the monitor with the keyboard controls.

    I am trying to clean my desk up and get rid of some things.

    I have a 2020 13" Macbook Pro with a caldigit TS3 dock, external bluetooth speaker, and an LG 32UK550-B monitor.

    I want a USB-C monitor that will charge the macbook, has a built in usb hub so I can plug in my webcam to it, my external time machine backup drive, and be able to control the volume of the speakers in the monitor with the keyboard controls.

    I'd like a nice wide curved monitor, and while I like the 32" I have now, it is pretty tall and I think I'd rather a shorter wider curved monitor.

    I'm not too concerned with budget, as it is a business write-off, but I really do want the speakers to work properly, and be able to plug in with 1 cable like I have now to my caldigit dock. I want to get rid of the dock and off the desk, hence the fussy nature of my monitor.

    The only things I do not like about my current setup are not being able to control the speakers and the bloody mess everything has on the desk. The single cable from the dick works great, and the monitor looks really nice, but it is really tall.

    Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

    submitted by /u/thakkrad71
    [link] [comments]

    TomToc 13" MacBook Air Protective Sleeve Review (not sponsored. Purchased from Amazon)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    Is a late 2011 MacBook technically 2012?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    A few months ago I got a late 2011 MacBook Pro. I was wondering if it's 2012 since it's late.

    submitted by /u/KiingDoge
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air won't fall a sleep

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I recently bought a new macbook air and It won't fall a sleep when I try to put it sleep. I've checked the "Activity monitor" and there's no apps what prevents it from sleeping. I've also ticked off the "Wake for network access" under the battery.

    Does anyone else have this problem or is there some kind of solution I am missing?

    submitted by /u/molusk1337
    [link] [comments]

    Do erased files from partitioning a passport be able to be recovered?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    I accidentally deleted the files in my passport because I accidentally clicked the erase option when the window pop up, and I don't know how to recover them anymore. Is there a way to recover the files that were erased due from partitioning the passport.

    Edit: I partitioned my passport and it got turned into a Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled) and when I clicked the erased button, my passport has no files anymore. I just want to know how to put them back. Thought I would add an edit for clarification.

    Currently using: MacBook Pro (Mid 2010s) OS X Yoshemite

    submitted by /u/NiceFox288
    [link] [comments]

    the top left part of my macbook feels warm even though it's off and unplugged

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    I splashed a glass of water on the left side of the keyboard but I immediately turned it off. After patting it with a towel, I put it in a tent position to let it dry. However, I noticed that even though it's off, the top left part near the charger socket feels warm. Has anyone ever experienced the same thing with water damage?

    submitted by /u/TOU633
    [link] [comments]

    How to print Custom macbook air skin? (Further detailed questions in description)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    I've been asked to design a custom skin for a client, they will then send the print to a printing company that specializes in printing phones and computer covers/cases. I've heard for printing, CMYK is the way to go, but from what I've seen people paint in RGB and then convert to cmyk. Why not paint in CMYK directly? What is the purpose of painting in RGB and converting to CMYK? I've also heard that the after conversion from RGB to cmyk it becomes dull, The peice Im asked to design include black dark blue blue turquoise cyan and stars. (I use krita) Is it nesscary to convert to cmyk for print?

    submitted by /u/Win_3000
    [link] [comments]

    Former HP Laptop users what do you miss most about your previous laptop?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    I've been thinking to switch from HP to a MacBookPro since I'm tempted by the M1 model because of its speed. I currently have an HP EliteBook 840 - G5, my main uses are basically editing stuff and online classes. I basically like to keep a lot of stuff open, for example I have a couple of word docs open, a couple of social media apps, editing software, etc. If anyone here has switched from an HP to a Mac, please let me know the pros and cons you encountered after making such a switch.

    submitted by /u/Hachinicygf
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to share aesthetic inspo?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    About to give my first MacBook it's first 'makeover' - coordinated wallpaper, case etc. A MacOver? please share your pics

    submitted by /u/allthedarlings
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel