• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 22, 2021

    Apple Help Lost my phone, it shows up in the iCloud devices tab but not on find my iPhone? My iPad shows up on the map though.

    Apple Help Lost my phone, it shows up in the iCloud devices tab but not on find my iPhone? My iPad shows up on the map though.


    Lost my phone, it shows up in the iCloud devices tab but not on find my iPhone? My iPad shows up on the map though.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Is it okay to delete this data?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    My paranoia got the best of me this week as I was combing through some of my Mac files and permissions and I saw fpsaud stubbornly remained as a full disk access option to give permission to despite deleting practically everything Adobe flash related. In a panic I went full cleaning by attempting a factory reset (with the APFS setting chosen on the disk deletion).

    When restarting everything it asked me to create a user profile (For this example let's call the original user profile UserName and this new user profile username) alongside a new password. On the desktop screen, it had me login to about three different accounts one being iCloud, and I forgot the other two but the odd thing was one of them asked for my password to my old user profile, which I promptly made the login with. Anyway, feeling satisfied after checking the pesky daemon disappeared on permissions I noticed that this pathway has practically all my old data:

    Macintosh HD - Data > Users > UserName = Everything my old profile had from applications to downloads to all types of scripts and settings.

    My main question is can I just go ahead and delete that entire file of UserName? Bad idea? Is there a solid way of deleting my old user profile and all contents within so I am never prompted for my old user profile password or information again? Just want to make sure my wipe is as clean as possible. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Bosphoratu
    [link] [comments]

    Repair Bricked T2 Security due to Big Sur

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    Anybody familiar with fixing T2 bricked Macs due to Big Sur update? Running into problem where after attempting to restore or revive from the WORKING Mac Mini using Apple Configurator 2; it switches from DFU on screen to a Padlock on screen and then any further attempts get me "Can't restore device in this state - Please reboot into Recovery or DFU"

    Once again I turn the BROKEN Macbook OFF then Power on into DFU Mode.
    The BROKEN Mac once again shows up on the WORKING Mac Mini in Configurator 2 and on the screen it shows the giant DFU symbol. After attempting to Restore or Revive once more it shows the loading bars and after step 4 gets 99% finished the loading bar disappears and the DFU symbol changes to the Padlock symbol once more.

    I can't seem to find a lot of information regarding these issues so if anyone is familiar that'd be very helpful.

    I am using a 2018 Mac Mini. I am using an official Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable. The damaged Macbook is a Macbook Air late 2018 A1932.

    I suspect it may be an EFI/Firmware Lock. This hopefully will not be an issue, I just do not see anywhere to input a password associated with the EFI/Firmware Lock if that is the case.

    Thanks in advance for any help. I understand I may not be using the correct jargon in order to more adequately search for this problem, however in my hour of searching I can find no mention of a padlock showing up in configurator 2. Also apologies if formatting is awful I do not use Reddit too often anymore.

    submitted by /u/Thechuzzler
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Order repeatedly cancelled by Apple

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    My dad is trying to buy me a MacBook and the order keeps getting cancelled. He's talked to customer support on multiple occasions for numerous hours but to no avail. They're as confused as us. I'm not from the US and our delivery address is set to the address of a freight company so I'm not sure if that's playing a role in the issue. Any advice??? I can't buy from Amazon as I want the fully specced out version which isn't offered.

    submitted by /u/peppapigsupremacy
    [link] [comments]

    Graphic issue with Chrome and macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    Creating a new account on a fresh install of Big Sur on M1 MacBook Air failed with this message. Any ideas?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro restarts at Apple logo and progress bar

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    Hi, my 2017 13" MacBook Pro keeps restarting at the apple logo/progress bar screen. The progress bar only shows a very small amount of progress before my computer shuts down and then restarts after a few moments. I've tried starting it in safe mode and disc utility but nothing. The OS is up to date. No peripherals were attached except power and my AirPods via Bluetooth. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/chickenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Screen protector on iPad Air 4

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    Hi! I got an iPad Air 4 a week ago and have been using it to take notes via writing very intensely with the Apple Pen. I was wondering whether I should get some sort of screen protector? And whether getting one would affect the sensitivity of the screen to the Apple Pen because I'm really liking how it feels now.

    submitted by /u/danleeaj0512
    [link] [comments]

    Whats going on with my keyboard? Please

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    Apps crash... minus the “crashing” part...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    So a couple nights ago, I was on discord on my phone, but then discord crashed, but it didn't "crash," it just exited to the Home Screen. I've tried it on other apps like Safari, Netflix, etc., same issue... I didn't accidentally "swipe up," I didn't drop my phone, the apps are updated, tried restarting my phone, no luck. Any suggestions or thoughts... (Also, I didn't jail break my phone) 😭🥺

    submitted by /u/Admirable_Bus_1052
    [link] [comments]

    brand new ipad air 4 (bought about a month and a half ago) looks like it has water damage at the top, and when i press down on the screen gently it sounds like it’s sticking like tape? is this going to harm it in the long run? or should i see if i can replace it?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:32 PM PDT

    What is this “File Provider Storage” folder and why is it called that when I use get info on the “On my iPhone” folder?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    Can anyone explain why an Apple TV is running this type of OS? Or is this just the way the router identifies it?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    MacBook air slow even after OS wipe

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    My wife 2013 MacBook air was very slow, it made sense she had been using it for a long time. So I wiped it started over from scratch, did not restore anything, absolutely clean unit. Within a week it is painfully slow again even when doing almost nothing.

    What are the most common things that would persist through an OS wipe that would cause it to still be slow? I'm at a total loss on this one...

    submitted by /u/jduffle
    [link] [comments]

    Brothers wife passed away, need to restore videos and photos!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    My brothers wife passed away 2 days ago and left behind 2 young children (2yrs old and 5yrs old)

    Right before she passed they were able to record some videos for their kids to watch when they get older.

    He changed his iPhone password during all of it and forgot it. He is now locked out. After so many attempts it now says his data has been wiped.

    Already checked iCloud and there isn't anything in there.

    He still doesn't have a phone and is losing it. It's already been hard enough but to lose the last 2 yrs of videos and photos that he'll never have again

    I know someone is out there who can help us. I am desperate.

    PLEASE HELP

    submitted by /u/RIIIDx
    [link] [comments]

    Problem moving files to flash drive

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    I want to take a folder of a tv show I really like and put it on a flash drive off my files app, but you know fucking Apple does not like the fact I'm using something that doesn't cost me 20000000 dollars and that I'm using my school Crome book is there any other way that does not involve me fucking buying a Mac book to put the folder on the flash drive

    submitted by /u/boil-cryptic_ipk9
    [link] [comments]

    Payment method question

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    I just put $25 onto my Apple ID but I also have my card on it, I'm confused if it will use my card if I purchase and app or add on for a game or use my Apple ID money. It's confusing for me to understand, I thank you all for your hell in advance.

    submitted by /u/SovietWild
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad is covered with AppleCare+ and I'm trying to get an express replacement for it, but I don't see the option on Apple's website. I only see options for repairs

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Pretty much what the title says. I'm trying to get a replacement but it's not letting me. Please help

    submitted by /u/Blakk_exe
    [link] [comments]

    My cellular is broken.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I have had this issue before but my cellular says it is searching and can not connect. I have iOS 14.4.2 and I have an iPhone 7. I can fix it by hooking it up to a computer that has iOS or Mac downloaded on it but after about 2 and a half weeks it stopped working again. I tried to add a picture but I'm not sure how to. It has 4 dots fading in and out like a loading screen. It is at the top left by the wifi indicator and it says searching next to it.

    submitted by /u/Open-Anybody-8007
    [link] [comments]

    I get calls from certain contacts and it goes straight to VM

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    Hi all, I looked at all the steps here to make sure I didn't have something turned on: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

    I've checked and rechecked and checked again that nothing is blocked. But still, certain phone contacts go straight to VM when they call me. Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/freshcheesebags
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth randomly turning off/on

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure out why my bluetooth keeps dropping on my Mac. My Magic Keyboard/Mouse/speaker will just all suddenly drop their connection. They will be come back anywhere from 30 seconds to 2-3 mins. I've already reinstalled the OS and saw zero change. I thought maybe it was related to my WiFi. So I switched to the 5GHz band to eliminate potential interference. No change.

    https://preview.redd.it/bk8g3v5mwsu61.png?width=522&format=png&auto=webp&s=5a7a4548b20f74f630dfdadead5d9b2ac2dedb3d

    So I finally found a program(BlueSee) that can help me monitor the state of my bluetooth connections.

    Not sure if Keyboard or Mouse

    It was interesting to see it decided to turn off and on by itself.

    So, anyone have any thoughts as to why the Bluetooth would just decided to turn itself off/on/off/on....

    What is interesting to note is to see the power cycle every hour after midnight and all the way till 8am. I had just only closed the lid of the Mac while I slept.

    submitted by /u/dragndon
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to use an alcohol swap on iPhone screen?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    Just got a new iPhone 2 days ago and I should receive a dbrand screen protector today. I never used a screen protector before. I know alcohol can, and will remove the oleophobic layer on the screen so I want to avoid using it.

    Any alternative to clean the screen before applying the screen protector? Maybe a damp tissue + dry with the cloth that comes with the screen protector then apply it?

    submitted by /u/MRizkBV
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Back Glass Spider-Webbed

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    I have a pretty bad case, and my phone slipped out of my pocket and the back glass is cracked. Screen and camera are fine though thank god. Should I get this fixed at a repair shop or should I just get a better (non-clear) case?

    submitted by /u/WoolyRhombus22
    [link] [comments]

    AOS Customer Account Service, what is that?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Hi, i downloaded my apple data and in the "apple signOninfo.txt" it mentions AOS Customer Account Service, what does that mean?

    submitted by /u/zopikl0n
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine backups not being recognized.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    I have some Time Machine backups on my hard drive. A year ago my MacBook Pro was repaired and the OS was reinstalled (or maybe they replaced the internal) anyway it's a "new" Mac. The backup I think is named backups.backupdb.

    However, when I plugged in the hard drive on this new laptop and set it as the Time Machine backup drive, it said I don't have any backup. My old backups are not being recognized.

    Solutions?

    submitted by /u/4O4-N0T-F0UND
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel