• Breaking News

    Monday, April 19, 2021

    Apple Macbook M1 MacBook Air is the real deal. Very happy with my purchase 💻❤️

    Apple Macbook M1 MacBook Air is the real deal. Very happy with my purchase ��❤️


    M1 MacBook Air is the real deal. Very happy with my purchase ��❤️

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    Help with downloading update on MacBook Pro 2018

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Accidentally deleted "health" siri suggestion in Apple news

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    I open Apple news and on the sidebar there is a section called "Suggested by Siri". I accidentally deleted "health" and would like to get it back, please help.

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Charger and water

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    Left my Mac charger on the floor and the fridge leaked. The end of the usbc charger was in water overnight. Blew some air in it and water came out, otherwise looks dry. Safe to use it should I chuck it?

    submitted by /u/Status_Ad5103
    [link] [comments]

    Battery on the M1 MacBook pro

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    I just got a new M1 Macbook pro and the battery life although good but isn't close to 18 hours what they promised.

    I am a developer and used it moderately heavily and should probably get 12 hours.

    Here's the breakdown Close to 2 hours using google colab along with other tabs open on safari. Downloaded xcode 1.5 hours on atom (through Rosetta) Then 1 Netflix movie, a few episodes along with colab and PowerPoint close to 3.5 hours.

    The battery was at 40% after this. Is this normal? I get atom drained the battery faster than normal but the rest of the stuff, Netflix and all was on safari and PowerPoint is optimized for apple silicon. Is this normal? Don't get me wrong this is a great battery but it isn't what I expected .

    submitted by /u/teut_69420
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations for an external keyboard for M1 MBP

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    As stated in the title! I am just a common user with little knowledge about computers, does anyone have any recommendations for external keyboards that work well with the M1? Preferably something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, mostly used for typing (I'm a student!).

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/aoyde
    [link] [comments]

    Recycling old, spoilt macbook

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    will local repair service providers be willing to extract 2 things from the mac: keyboard and hard drive?

    hard drive's for storage (obviously) and keyboard for reuse.

    the mac's bottom panel is ripped apart due to 2 swollen packets inside. i dont know what they are. all i know is i want the its storage at least.

    submitted by /u/throwaway92838838282
    [link] [comments]

    Showcase the stickers on your MacBook!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Just interested to see what kind of stickers people have on their MacBooks, don't have any on mine yet but I will soon

    And if you're a MacBook purist and don't have stickers, I understand. That's cool too.

    submitted by /u/arct009
    [link] [comments]

    did you know why i got the date and hour in grey low luminosity mode ?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    Trying to run two monitors on MacBook Air

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    I've got a newer-Gen MacBook Air, one of the ones with two USB-c ports and little else. Is it possible to run two monitors from this comp? I've currently been split-screening from the laptop and an additional monitor, but I wanna get a second monitor if I can.

    Won't be for anything too serious, mostly just vtt and discord/zoom chats

    submitted by /u/YARFMEISTER69
    [link] [comments]

    11% off New Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB Storage, 2.3GHz Intel Core i9), on Amazon today

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    macbook air m1 keeps forgetting airpods pro bluetooth settings

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    every day I disable the automatic ear detection on my airpods pro but the macbook refuses to remember the settings.

    does anyone have a fix for this? or maybe an app that manages my airpods pro as a fix?

    submitted by /u/oren_BA
    [link] [comments]

    What Mac model this could be?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    MacBook Recommendations

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    I am finally deciding to buy a MacBook after resenting them for a long time. I am looking to buy something for around $700. I am in school so I would be using Office 365 products on it as well as some minor coding assignments. What model/year do you guys recommend for me? I have seen backlash against models with the butterfly keyboard, but that is not much of a concern to me.

    submitted by /u/minijimmy3
    [link] [comments]

    Policy issues with Apple- How to fix this?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    I'm a tech consultant and fix/break shop that specializes in educating the elderly and disabled. A client (78 years old) sent me his Macbook Air 2018 A1932Retina from a city 1000 miles away. It does not turn on. He has Apple care and it's under warranty. Conundrum as follows:

    • He forgot passwords on both old and new ID's along with his security questions
    • Was able to figure out one of his passwords and saw that the computer is not in the account and probably never was as it's been unable to turn on
    • Will be wiped without a password when sent in for warranty repair
    • Can't access the original account to see if it's in that one and Apple won't help
    • Had him on a conference call with Apple to verify his ID but they still wouldn't help
    • Have proof of purchase also but that didn't please Apple enough
    • No 2FA but because he can't remember his security questions we can't get past that barrier

    Where to go now? I've spent nearly 15 hours on this and am ready to burn this thing down.

    submitted by /u/TweakedMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    If I buy a MBA M1 from Amazon Warehouse will it still have the Apple warranty? Can I get apple care?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    They have base 8/8 MBA M1s on the warehouse in "good" condition for $831USD I need a laptop and think it's perfect, but I'd like a warranty.

    submitted by /u/sansermine
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone running dual monitors on M1?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    I am looking to sell my PC and pick up a new M1 Macbook air or pro. However, I have found out that the M1 does not natively support dual monitors. Is anyone using their M1 Macbook with dual monitors? What software are you using and how does it feel compared to native support of two monitors?

    submitted by /u/Brutal_Boost
    [link] [comments]

    Lost data.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    So today I opened my SD card on MacBook Air m1 after a long time and three folder changed into something that open in terminal and inside is that:

    Last login: Mon Apr 19 20:22:26 on ttys000

    /Volumes/ESD-USB/Zdjęcia/Jaszczurki ; exit;

    MY MAIL AND PC NAME ~ % /Volumes/ESD-USB/Zdjęcia/Jaszczurki ; exit;

    Saving session...

    ...copying shared history...

    ...saving history...truncating history files...

    ...completed.

    [Process completed]

    "zdjęcia and jaszczurki" is Just my titles. On windows these folders are just blanks. After "get info" there is "Kind:Unix Executable File 0kb" and it should be a lot of gb of photos, text folders and other stuff.

    What happened and I can turn it back or prevent happening it again?

    submitted by /u/empiu
    [link] [comments]

    Opened my Macbook Air to this- advice? It was white before, now is colorful. Can still use keyboard and log in but obviously can’t use it since I can’t see.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    Help my MacBook froze so I tried to start in safe mode and now it’s flashing this on startup. Any ideas?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    can i run dual monitors on the m1 MacBook pro?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    hi so im getting some conflicting evidence as to whether I can run dual monitors (extended display, not mirrored) on the M1 Macbook Pro.

    This says I can (although they may be talking about the Intel versions) but this says I can't.

    So can I run dual monitors on the M1 Macbook Pro? If not, can I run dual monitors on the Intel version?

    submitted by /u/yestyleryes
    [link] [comments]

    Hi I want to buy a 2011 Macbook Air. Is it worth 200 dollars?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    That's in good condition. I want to do basic coding web surfing and maybe light video editing for 1-1.5 year. Is it worth the hustle or should I just buy newer model?

    submitted by /u/Anotherdayw-nerds
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new MacBook

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    Currently I have a 17" mid 2010 mbp that I bought off of Craigslist a few years ago. It's still kicking but I definitely need an upgrade. I'd really like to buy a new M1 but I'm afraid the difference in size will be too jarring. Should I wait for a bigger sized MacBook? I definitely don't need something THAT big but I feel like 13" is too small

    Have any of you made a similar switch?

    How do you like the 13"?

    submitted by /u/Compy486
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my macbook. What happened and how much/where to fix it?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel