• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Apple Macbook Is it normal to have memory usage at 7-8GB already after turning on my new Macbook Pro M1 16gb?

    Apple Macbook Is it normal to have memory usage at 7-8GB already after turning on my new Macbook Pro M1 16gb?


    Is it normal to have memory usage at 7-8GB already after turning on my new Macbook Pro M1 16gb?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Found out this is normal because 16gb doesn't compress stuff like 8gb version m1.

    submitted by /u/Javascript_Jesus
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a Mac - Have Questions, Need Help

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    I'm wanting to buy a Mac book but I'm not sure which one would be best for me; air or pro

    also not sure what's the best processor, memory or storage for me.

    I would be using it for school, writing, web browsing etc.

    Would someone be able to help me?

    Should I get one with a i3 processor or no? Is there a big difference between i3 and i5?

    submitted by /u/jennihaay
    [link] [comments]

    Best external monitor for MBP 16”

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    I am searching for an external monitor for my Macbook Pro 16" 2019. I primarily use it for web browsing and occasionally some gaming, but I have a gaming desktop for more demanding titles. I want a monitor that supports USB-C so that it can charge my Macbook (or atleast keep the battery from draining longer), and Im not limited to any specific resolution but atleast 1080P. I am not into graphics or video editing, but I cant stand washed out or over saturated picture, so something in the middle would suffice. I like the idea of the LG UltraFine 24" 4K that Apple sells, but I feel that it might be more than I need. If anyone can help me find a monitor I would appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/SwiftLeo
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air: Displaylink supports dual monitors in clamshell mode now

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    I haven't been able to find this anywhere online, but I am getting display link to work with two monitors in clamshell mode. Hope others find this helpful!

    submitted by /u/deezwalnuts93
    [link] [comments]

    Is the i5 Macbook Pro (2020) worth it?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    I can't get the M1 because I need to run bootcamp for school, so that isn't an option. Is the intel still a good investment?

    submitted by /u/_YeezusOfNazareth_
    [link] [comments]

    Replaced logic board, now what?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    mid 2010 13" macbook pro. Coffee was spilled into the computer and it sat while plugged into power for a few hours. It refused to turn on after. After opening and drying out, the board looked pretty nasty from the coffee. I've since replaced the logic board and the dc power in and still can't get the laptop to turn on. Charging cable won't show any lights when connected to the laptop and the battery status indicator won't illuminate. For a few minutes after the logic board and DC power in replacement I saw a VERY faint green glow on the power cord light that went away.

    Is there anything else I can replace on this computer or things I can do to try to fix it? I thought I would at least get to a boot screen after replacing the logic board and DC power in.

    Are there any chances the spill took the battery out too?

    submitted by /u/400K_LBS_OF_FREEDOM
    [link] [comments]

    Bridge OS crashes while starting Windows 10

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    Bridge OS crash while starting Windows 10

    Hi, everyone! I need your help. I have got MacBook Air 13 Retina, 2020 with Intel Core i3. It was bought October 2020, and the original preinstalled version of MacOS was Catalina. While having Catalina I installed Windows 10 Home with Boot Camp. After updating to Big Sur I started to get kernel panic while starting Windows. The later is the version of Big Sure the more often kernel panics happen. Usually it looks like: I reboot Mac, press "Option", choose Windows, I see classical Window's start. And then I see locked screen when I am supposed to enter password but mouse and buttons don't work and then screen turns back for awhile. In the end MacOS starts normally and shows me the crashlog with message about error of BridgeOS. I used to check my hard disk with safe mode, I used to update MacOS. On Windows 10 there are only official drivers installed with Apple Update. And honestly I don't know what to do. Technical support told me to try to delete and reinstall Windows but I doubt it causes any problem according to crashlog. In case they told me to reinstall MacOS but it also doesn't cause anything since while running Windows it's just off. Probably some of you have faced such problem. And I would like to ask your help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/novsof02
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall operating systems to 'vintage' macbook

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    I've recently got a hand me down Macbook A1342 ( 2009, using OS X El Capitan ) and me not understanding how macbooks work ( having only really used windows before ) I've intended to factory reset the computer not knowing it would also wipe the operating system. I've tried for literally weeks to reinstall, through official install in disk utilities, to downloading the software from apples website and creating a bootable drive on windows, everything but the only real option seems to be downloading it through OS X utilities. Problem with that is, everytime I try to download through there, it just says item is temporarily unavailable. I've read after this on many websites but haven't found anything useful besides alternatives that don't really work. As far as I know the original OS was snow leopard and I'm fairly certain only one person used it before my sister ( she bought it second hand ). I'm honestly lost on what to do hence why I'm requesting help here.

    submitted by /u/OriginalBorn8633
    [link] [comments]

    Considering the new M1 Macbook air

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    So currently I have a 2010 Macbook pro and I'm considering upgrading. I don't use my computer for much, mainly school writing essays and smaller stuff but I also want something that can do more if needed. So I ask, people who own the M1 how is it and can you please describe your general experience with it?

    submitted by /u/Minnesotan-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Software compatibility concern + which MacBook should I buy for running Parallels?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    So, I want to buy a M1 Macbook (I will be new to MacOS), but I'm a bit worried about software compatibility, as I might need to run software which is only compatible for Windows or not, I don't really know... (that depends on my future job)

    I have seen some videos on Youtube about how to run x86 software on Windows ARM through Parallels, but, will all x86 software be compatible with it?

    I'm talking of videos like this one: https://youtu.be/pVfQ9e1PhAY

    Can someone confirm to me if Windows ARM on Parallels will run any x86 software or might I face some incompatibilities still? As far as I know, Windows ARM comes with an emulator which is able to run x86 software on the ARM version of Windows, but I would like to know if it will work on any x86 software... I know that Rosetta2 cannot run some x86 software like Docker, so I wonder if it will be the same for the x86 emulator on Windows ARM.

    Also, which MacBook do you think I should get for using Parallels? Will the MacBook Air be enough? Will it have high temps while running Parallels and Windows 10 on it?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Adrii2026
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook stickerssss �� let me see yours ��

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    The neck of my usb c charger near the connector has turned a strong yellow-ish brown color. Is this cause for concern?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    It's the charger for the 2019 macbook air.

    I have been bending it a bit in that area when I'm charging my phone. Do you think the internal wires are fraying and burning the casing? Does anybody else have this issue

    submitted by /u/twilightbreakin
    [link] [comments]

    How to Reset & Correct Days-Since-Last-Backup Counter?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Apparently Time Machine isn't seeing / acknowledging my regular backup activity. I keep getting these notifiers saying it's been 300+ days since last backup, although it's not true and the external HD shows evidence of numerous successful backups. Help? 2018 MBP 15", LaCie HD.

    submitted by /u/AnotherPint
    [link] [comments]

    USB C Hub's for M1 (or newer) Mac's - Advice on what works?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Just got my macbook air - using it primarily for music production. So far so good with Ableton 10 and the 1 plugin I use for guitar. I've been eyeing a USB hub to connect my monitor, ethernet, various midi instruments, etc.

    The CalDigit TS3 Plus has stood out from a # of reviews I watched but I'm having trouble finding it in the city I live in. Ordering on Amazon will take a few weeks. Does anyone have experience with similar hubs that have quite a bit of functionality? The main reason I'm asking is I heard about some hub's bricking new M1 macs but that it may have been resolved with an update.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/rashado
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MBP external monitor eye strain? no problem with Windows machine

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I'm relatively new to MacBooks, and MacOS in general, so am wondering if this is something you might know about.

    ca. 3 weeks ago I've bought a new monitor - LG 32UN880-B (32", 4K, HDR). I used to work on it connected to my Windows 10 Pro Dell laptop via USB-C since then. No problems whatsoever - [4k@60Hz](mailto:4k@60Hz). Today I've decided to connect it to my M1 MBP. I've set scaled resolution, as for monitor's default everything was far to small. After ca. 30 minutes of playing with my monitor (working, actually) I've noticed my eyes start hurting. I've tried switching some options on and off in settings (e.g. HDR - that made the colours brighter), but nothing seemed to help...

    Is there anything MacOS specific I should be aware of? Everything looked super crisp, it was working in 4k@60Hz as well, but for whatever reason I could barely stand looking at it after 30 minutes... Any hints?

    submitted by /u/va55ago
    [link] [comments]

    Macos update stuck on 15 minutes remaining.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    I have a old 2009 mid MacBook and I replaced the HDD with an SSD. I tried updating to el capitan from snow leopard and it's stuck on 15 minutes remaining. What do i do?

    submitted by /u/klodinkodl
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI Mini DisplayPort

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    I'm not an expert so I might be doing something wrong. The adapter has been checked (I had two) and one worked with another laptop. However when I plug it into my MacBook and then hdmi from TV into the adapter, the laptop shows that the tv is plugged in - but nothing shows on TV. Should I change anything in tv settings to make it work?

    submitted by /u/paulaxw
    [link] [comments]

    Woke up to an incorrect password

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    I have a 2017 MacBook Air that I use every day and love.

    This morning when I woke up and put in my password, it said incorrect. I typed it in multiple times and made sure caps lock wasn't on, etc. It gave me the option of going to OS X Utilities so I did that.

    I went to utilities and then firmware password utilities and changed the password. When I reset the computer it went back to the same page. I have no idea what to do.

    I have been careful to never click unknown links or anything like that so I don't know what happened. I use this computer for school and many other important things so I need to get back into it. I'm also a child who can't drive (I told my parents but they're busy and can't really drive me unless it's crucial) so I need to figure this out on my own

    Anything helps

    submitted by /u/Sara_the_bi_bitch
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime showing up on my dock

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    There's already two instances for the past week where the FaceTime app on my MacBook Air M1 suddenly shows up on the recently used side of my dock even if I did not use it.

    I'm pretty sure that the green light beside my camera never lit during those two instances though.

    Anyone with a similar experience?

    submitted by /u/yoonchae
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel