• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 20, 2021

    Apple Macbook Any reason not to get LG UltraFine 4K?

    Apple Macbook Any reason not to get LG UltraFine 4K?


    Any reason not to get LG UltraFine 4K?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" and I mostly use it at my desk. I would like a monitor with stunning visuals that is also capable of charging my MB. I keep coming back to the Apple recommended LG UltraFine 4K. Is there any reason not to buy it? Besides price.

    submitted by /u/SwiftLeo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to unlink an Apple ID from a used Mac?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    I just got my first ever Mac and I got it from Swappa. 2020 MBP. While I was setting it up, it was saying the "Find My" feature is linked to another Apple ID even though I already logged in with mine. So the previous owner could hypothetically lock it down or wipe it anytime.

    Is there any way to replace that Apple ID with mine?

    submitted by /u/dxxmsdxy
    [link] [comments]

    My dream come true

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13 with Intel 10th gen cpu

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm looking to buy a MacBook Pro 13 with the Intel i5 10th gen cpu with 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD this week and I wanted to see from the community what/if any issues I should be aware of that current users are facing with this particular model of the MBP. Issues that I've been reading about online are heat and battery. But this seems to be general to MBP machines and I haven't seen much specifically about the 10th gen cpu MBP 13.

    So please do share your experience whether it is positive or negative on the 10th gen Intel MBP 13!

    PS: the reason I am not considering the M1 models is because I will be using this for development - virtualbox (windows, Linux) and docker. The plan is to use this as my main machine for 4-5 years until a suitable replacement comes out from Apple or virtualisation issues are solved.

    submitted by /u/MrTokamak
    [link] [comments]

    back to school sale

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    im going to be starting school in july and i was hoping to buy a macbook. i dont want to miss out on the free airpods (or whatever they may offer in addition to the student discount), so does anyone know when the back to school sale will start this year? im hoping it starts in june so that im able to take advantage of it

    submitted by /u/ahplis
    [link] [comments]

    How to Install any old/new MacOS into USB Drive or internal hard disk of MacBook

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    purple dot appeared on my Mac screen. It doesn’t go away ��

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Am I ruining my Macs battery?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    I have 2020 MacBook Pro the 13 inch one, any how I have had it for maybe 9-0 months. My max charge is 4296 mAh. I have built a full desk top dock for it and it some times spends a few days plugged in because I don't need it any where else. Is this ruining it battery? I'm not sure what it was supposed to be at but it seems to only last like 4-5 hours now 😬

    submitted by /u/crsrgo
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be any new updates on the current line of MacBook Pro's/Air later on in the year?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    Curious to know since I have a 2015 MBP. It is time to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/TacobellOverdose
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook ethernet connectivity issues

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm using an ethernet connection through a dock connected via USB-C to my mac book. The connection is very unstable and I often lose connection completely. The same problem occurs when connecting wirelessly, I am assuming due the issues with USB-C devices interfering with the 2.4GHz wireless band. As I'm using ethernet and not using any wireless connection, I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Could the dock be affecting not only the wireless signal but the network card itself?

    Any help would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/We_are_all_Rent_Boys
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth waiting for the 2021 macbook air?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    I have decided to buy a macbook air for this upcoming school year but based on the last few years it will most likely come out in november. Now I dont need a macbook air desperately i have a laptop i can use for college (a 17 inch gaming one so battery life and portability dont exist in it) and with the current gen M1s being as amazing as they are I am not sure if its worth waiting. The current m1s are powerful, sleek, and have good reviews, plus I can get it far sooner than waiting till November. When the release comes out i expect maybe a little wait as people rush to buy it and stock runs out but based off of todays apple event and rumors the new Macbook will be even better. But the current gen would do beyond amazing. So should I wait or just buy when I have the money saved.

    submitted by /u/American_Dreamer98
    [link] [comments]

    Dual HDMI adapter Macbook Air M1 2020

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    I recently received a 2020 Macbook Air with an M1 chip through my new company. I was previously using a 2019 Macbook Pro with two monitors hooked up via HDMI cords/adapters to USB-C.

    My Macbook Air, however, only seems to support one screen at a time with the extended setup. Does anyone have a recommendation for HDMI to USB-C adapters that will support two Lenovo screens with the extended setup? Can the Macbook Air even run two monitors simultaneously?

    submitted by /u/ienjoyalmonds
    [link] [comments]

    Which would you rock? Late 2013 MacBook Pro 15" or M1 MacBook Air 13"?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    I inherited a Late 2013 15" macbook pro. It's fully loaded - 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM, 2.3GhZ quad core processor.

    It needs a new battery, which'll cost me 200 bucks, and it'll need a new magsafe charger for another 50. So to get it it "usable" it'll cost me 250 or so. It's vintage status according to Apple, so support is winding down.

    I can also trade it in - because it was such a spec'ed out MacBook, Apple'll give me 350 to trade it in. I'm a teacher so I get the edu discount, and so I could get a base Macbook Air 13" for 900-350 = 550.

    Pros of the 15: big screen, tons of RAM SSD space - cost effective Cons of the 15: it's 8 years old

    Pros of the 13: brand new, M1 Chip, long battery life Cons of the 13: smaller screen, costs more - 300 in addition.

    This would be a secondary computer that I'd use when I'm not working from home. When I'm at home, I have a 3 year old mac mini connected to a 27" monitor.

    Both devices would be used for general writing and nothing processor intensive.

    Which route would you go?

    submitted by /u/rev_run_d
    [link] [comments]

    Need help understanding how Apple M1 GPU's TBDR works

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to write a bit about the tile-based deferred rendering (TBDR) technique that Apple uses in their integrated GPUs. Specifically, I would like to relate it to parallel processing. I figured this next quote from Apple would help, if I could understand it.

    "TBDR allows the vertex and fragment stages to run asynchronously—providing significant performance improvements over IM. While running the fragment stage of a render pass, the hardware executes the vertex stage of a future render pass in parallel" from Understanding GPU Family 4.

    I believe that quote is related to the way they show their workload scheduling in this video at 4:20 😏. But, I still don't understand.

    Based on the quote and diagram in the video, I am thinking that it is a bit like pipelining. In the diagram, the vertex stage is running for one tile, the render stage is running for another, and the compute stage for yet another. Then, each render/compute pass (0, 1, 2) would be like pipeline stages. But, I may be way off base here. And I still don't know how that part specifically compares to IM.

    I'm still very new to all this, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/imasian1231
    [link] [comments]

    Problem w/ my 2017 MacBook Air (13 inch, 8 gb ram)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    On 2018, I decided to change my old MacBook 2009 model to new used one. since then, I used it everyday, since it was lighter, and had better screen quality. (touchpad was the thing I appreciated the most, since you could click and move the arrow at the same time) However, recently I've noticed that there were some problems. the batteries got low very quickly (but charged back to full in short time), it took quite a time opening a software, even if it was made by apple like keynote. and most of all, the laptop randomly gets turned off, even when the battery has more than 20% left. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/smombienation_
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my app store look like this?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    Bought a second hand macbook pro. Here's a photo of the specs

    The first issue is the app store. Why does the update tab look like this. It never seems to fully load, even though the other categories (featured/top charts/etc.) seem to work perfectly fine. The wifi is okay so I don't think that's the issue.

    The other problem is that I can't seem to upgrade the OS to Catalina 10.15.7 even though after some research, the model I have should be able to support Catalina

    Been using windows for +20 years and decided to switch to Mac so I apologize in advance for my ignorance

    submitted by /u/throwawayfor_4
    [link] [comments]

    I was looking through igpu bench marks of m1 8 core GPU and vega 8,11 and uhd 750 and m1 destroyed them in practically all cases yet it performs much worse in gaming, how much of it is the lack of optimisation for games on Apple laptops and how much of it is emulation toll?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Is Apple planning on giving love to the gamers for there laptops?

    submitted by /u/onedaddyman
    [link] [comments]

    How to save in Apple Notes?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    There is no option at all, and if I cmd save, it creates a sound implying cmd save does nothing.

    How do you save in Apple Notes?

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad Edge of the new MacBook Pro M1 looks scratched, is this normal?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel