• Breaking News

    Monday, April 19, 2021

    Apple iOS iPhone XS, latest iOS, rendered unusable by “ghost touches/clicks”.

    Apple iOS iPhone XS, latest iOS, rendered unusable by “ghost touches/clicks”.


    iPhone XS, latest iOS, rendered unusable by “ghost touches/clicks”.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    I can no longer use the phone because of this autonomous behavior; Apple Genius Bar says not a hardware problem but their only solution is to wipe the phone.

    I don't want to just wipe and restore the problem.

    Any help, much appreciated.

    https://imgur.com/a/Daq0ePC

    submitted by /u/dhbuckley
    [link] [comments]

    Balloon reflections

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    I'm amazed to see that, when you send a message with a balloon screen, you can see the reflections of the surrounding messages in the inflated balloon.

    submitted by /u/hungry-jos
    [link] [comments]

    Signed out of iCloud but Photos are still there

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I signed out of iCloud because I am experiencing the "Cannot load" bug where I cannot download/see the full resolution pictures/play videos stored on iCloud. However after signing out, my pictures are still there and when I want to sign in again it says that I have 150GB of pictures on my phone and cannot activate iCloud Photos because I am lacking storage (which is definitely not possible as I only hat "Optimise Library" activated and around 5GB of pictures on my phone before I signed out).

    Anyone any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Vincenzo_K
    [link] [comments]

    Mail app not able to access Gmail

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Hi. I've been trying to sign in to Gmail using the mail app but it keeps returning to the add account page. I have enabled IMAP from Gmail account settings. How can I get about this?

    submitted by /u/Perfect-Preference74
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone able to send me the background of this screenshot?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Friend changed by background and I can't find the image that it used to be.

    https://i.imgur.com/oaL5T0z.png

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/DipperDolphin
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp, snapchat and instagram notifications not working

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    I tried everything, i even updated to iOS 14.5 beta but still cant receive notifications from these apps.. Does anyone else have this issue? Or is it a hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/Meerkatch
    [link] [comments]

    Question about email push notifications

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I have an own personal domain email address hosted through one.com.
    When adding the IMAP details to the default mail app on iOS, push is not available which is a deal breaker for me.
    I have tried several email clients and only one or two works, like Email by Edison.
    I just don't understand why this app can handle push notifications but not others?
    It does not work in Outlook or Gmail either.

    Can anyone ELI5 please?

    submitted by /u/trebag
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max won't restart if I choose the "restart" option. I had to actually hold the power button after the "restart" because it actually shutdown instead of restarting.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 03:46 AM PDT

    It also happens after a software update. I'm on iOS 14.5 Public Beta 8. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pokemonxdigimon
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t locate person on Find My app

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    Hi there, my aunt shared her location with my mom and me. However, we can't see her location. I even tried the option where it sends an invitation and I didn't get that. If my mom and I go to the "Find My" app, the "people" section is blank (I'm not sharing my location with anyone), so it has the "start sharing location".

    How do I see my aunt's location? Her location settings are all set (she has location services on, and fine my iPhone on, etc.) and all our iPhones are up to date.

    Help please!

    submitted by /u/xoxo225
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to access and use an app no longer on the app store?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    In 2010, Tactile Entertainment released a game called Pocket Creatures, that I was obsessed with as a tween. The company has since moved on, actually now producing things like Lily's Garden and whatnot, and took all of their old apps down from the app store. Is there any way to access those? I'm pretty nostalgic for it, and I'm sure other people feel similarly about other apps.

    I tried the obvious things, firstly just going through the app store, and reading through various articles on both the game and restoring old versions of apps, and I even emailed the creators (sadly, I just got an automated 'we got your email' response with no way to proceed) I'm sure this is 100% a dead end, but I'm hoping someone out there knows something.

    Usually, help articles mention going through your download history, or having a friend with that app, but sadly, as my parents were very strict, I was not allowed to own my own phone until high school, and the game in question only existed on my mom's old generation 4, which is at this point long, long gone.

    Thanks for any and all help, advice, or commiseration!

    submitted by /u/aratofunusualsize
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to browse the App Store seems impossible

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Is there a way I can browse the App Store to find the latest apps that have been added? I remember before the new curated App Store it used to be fairly simple. I find now with this new design I can only see apps that's have been curated and of course the Top Free and the Top Paid games and apps. There are literally millions of apps on the App Store but I can't seem to be able to browse them freely. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/bhInstaller198
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good place to get a recommendation for a clock app to replace the standard iOS app ?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 01:10 AM PDT

    Please point me in the right direction if it isn't. I'm looking for an all-in-one the same as the standard one but would like multiple timers. I can only find separate stand alone timer apps.

    submitted by /u/Thatsthebadger
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else experience this when trying to seek while trimming videos? It always grabs the end part unless if there's adequate space to be able to move the white bar around

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:09 PM PDT

    Can I turn my iPhone screen off?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 12:19 AM PDT

    My iPhone screen randomly turns on while I'm out for a run (notification or some other reason) and my bag will rub against the touch screen. It will either call my emergency contact, call emergency, or it it will enter incorrect passwords till it bricks the phone.

    Is there a way to turn the touch input of the screen off? The best case scenario for me would be having to triple click the power button to wake the phone.

    submitted by /u/RyleySmithson
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having spotlight issues? Mine either doesn’t want to load like this, or when I search for something it takes longer than 10sec sometimes to load. iOS 14.4.2 / iPhone 11 Pro Max

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    [Help] can’t verify passcode of old phone, sits on this menu and nothing pops up

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    Deleted apple id

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    So just out of curiosity i tried logging in with an apple id I'm (pretty sure?) i deleted months ago, for an email that is also deleted, but to my surprise it prompted me to enter a password? I tried getting in but when I couldn't, i went to the forgot password page and entered the email, and then it then says that apple id doesn't exist/not supported... so is it deleted or not? There's no way for me to check because that email account is gone. Is this normal? Is it possible im remembering wrong and didn't delete it but instead changed the email on that id? If thats the case, why would it still prompt a password like an apple id exists for that email? My apologies if this doesn't make any sense!!

    submitted by /u/Disastrous_Winter_69
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook always listening?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Yesterday I was randomly talking to my brother about the car insurance (all I said to him was to keep it in mind that In August we have to pay the insurance) nothing more nothing less, Bam in the morning all the ads on my Facebook are about car insurance, Now that I think about it lastly I was talking to my brother about changing my sim operator and I was getting a lot of ads related to that (although I once searched on google about it but the ads were there before) What are my options here to here?

    Apps related to Facebook on my phone * Facebook * Massager * Instagram * WhatsApp

    (Facebook don't have mic access at all but Instagram and WhatsApp do)

    submitted by /u/RokitRide
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an App Store-equivalent of Kodi for local video playback?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    There's many forks of Kodi since it's open-source.

    It's pretty much one of the best video players out there (ease of use and feature rich) but there's no Kodi app on the store which is... odd.

    I don't know much about video players on the App Store. So there might be an exact clone, or something, I don't know. Which is why I'm asking here.

    submitted by /u/MegaAcumen
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 - Mail app don’t update automatically

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Hello there!

    I am struggling with a little frustrating problem with system Mail app - despite setting all up, the app doesn't update mailboxes automatically (I have 2 gmail accounts connected).

    I've tried following solutions from apple support sites, but nothing worked yet. Anyone have faced the same problem and have the solution?

    Many thanks for any ideas and answers!

    submitted by /u/Wyspiansky07
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    Keep having to toggle WiFi off and on again

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    I've had a strange issue that only happens on my home network (as far as I know, I'm rarely on any other networks for an extensive amount of time). My phone will show connected to a WiFi signal, but even though it shows fully connected, there's absolutely zero network traffic. I can't visit any sites or do anything, everything just gets stuck. I have to then toggle the WiFi off and then wait a few seconds, turn it back on, and then it's fine for about 10 minutes, then it happens again. I thought at first it was an issue with my specific device, my old iPhone 8 Plus, but then I got a new iPhone 12 Pro, and the exact same issue persists. Let me be clear, it doesn't show that I'm disconnected from WiFi, it still shows a full normal connection at all times. This ONLY happens on my iPhone and no other device in our household that uses WiFi. Even if I turn the phone on and off again, it doesn't make any sort of difference. For reference, I'm running the latest version of iOS (14.4.2) and the phone has 128GB of storage with 78GB available.

    submitted by /u/DoctorStrife
    [link] [comments]

    Apps disappeared from App Library

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded from an iPhone 7 to 12 pro, and I have noticed that sometimes, many apps from the App Library disappear. They remain installed and I can open them through the spotlight search but it gets pestering to see an empty App Library. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/KrishPSingh
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make switch control recipes indefinitely?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    How to Open HTML files?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm trying to open documents which are in HTML? I can open these in MacOS using preview. But I'm not able to in iOS. What's the solution? Which app can I use to open these formats?

    submitted by /u/iamobvious992
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel