• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    Apple Help MBP 2019 & Dual Monitor adapter

    Apple Help MBP 2019 & Dual Monitor adapter


    MBP 2019 & Dual Monitor adapter

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I got my mother a 2019 MacBook Pro awhile ago and she loves it. It was hard for her to make the switch but now she can't live without it. Problem is she needs dual monitor as she's having issues with her work using just the monitor that's built in. I got her a dual monitor adapter off of Amazon for 50$ I believe the brand was pergo, I kinda didn't do my research on it I just went by reviews. I have two older Ish dell monitors that I connected using display port to HDMI cables as they don't have just straight HDMI. Now the issue is the mbp doesn't even detect the monitors at all. I have tried un plugging everything and re plugging it in and that doesn't seem to work. As a background I've worked IT for about 8 years but moved to a different profession (I'm only saying that because I've tried all of the basic stuff). That being said, I am out of practice but this one is scratching my head.

    submitted by /u/Madassassin98
    [link] [comments]

    How can i clear “others” in iphone storage

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    AirPods no longer reading incoming texts?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    It automatically did this when I got my AirPods a few months ago, but suddenly it isn't happening anymore.

    I have seen online that I am supposed to turn it on in Settings-Notifications-Announce Messages, but I don't even have that setting available to me.

    submitted by /u/MsAndDems
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Mini: Time Machine Backups destroy CPU.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Hi,

    My little one was playing Roblox in the browser and experienced whole Mac UI freezes. I took it over and saw the same. I saw kerneld burning up some CPU, nothing over %50 but the UI lag was dreadful. I finally decided to kill the Time Machine backups and the machine is perfectly fine now.

    When I setup time machine I created automatic NFS mount of the NAS share at login. On that drive I have created 1TB a sparse volume dmg file which is also auto mounted and I use as the destination for the backup.

    Any thoughts on why Time Machine is killing my processor?

    submitted by /u/rtfmoz
    [link] [comments]

    PLS Can't transfer photos from iPhone XR to PC Windows 10

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    My iPhone is full for the first time, and I am trying to transfer photos from my phone to my PC. I've never had issues in the past, but now when I'm transferring, I'll have ~800 some photos on my iPhone. Then, when I ctrl+A and copy and paste only about ~60 photos are successfully moved to my PC. I have tried everything I can think of including transferring the folder instead of the individual files, and still only a fraction of the files get copied.

    Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution? I think it's so dumb how apple wants me to pay monthly for using iCloud.

    I appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/789_clubpenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Default Apple apps wont redownload? iOS 14.4.2 iPhone 7

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    I deleted some apps like iTunes and Mail to save storage and now I can't redownload? They will just sit on the loading screen and the only thing I can do is prioritize or cancel the download. This is my first iPhone so I don't know how to fix it or if I did it to myself. I spoke to support briefly and they said it could be storage issues but I don't think thats the problem. If theres any way to fix this please tell me (if i accidentally violated the rules let me know/i cant add images to a text post)

    submitted by /u/snail-slurper
    [link] [comments]

    My sibling's 2020 iPhone SE has been stuck on this blurry screen after they used the home button. The device cannot be shut of by holding the power button. The screen with the flashlight, Bluetooth, camera, etc. can still be accessed, but no features actually work. How do we fix this?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Phone restarts when watching stuff in safari

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    Whenever I watch something in safari my phone resets for no apparent reason, it cuts to black with a white circle thing. I've seen people ask this before and they never got an answer, I'm on the latest update and its been constantly happening please help

    submitted by /u/IMsorrywrld
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook not starting after deleting <username>.plist

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Device: Macbook Pro Retina 2015

    System: macOS Mojave (latest patch)

    So I recently wanted to delete an old admin user on my machine. I went through System Prefs and tried deleting it - it asked for the password for that user and didn't accept the correct one. So then I tried to delete the plist file in /private/var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/users/ (based on a few web searches), and then rebooted to be safe.

    I am now stuck at the loading screen, the progress bar completes and then nothing happens (waited for a couple of hours). I suspect this has something to do with the files I touched in .../Default/users/ as mentioned above.

    Going into recovery mode shows that my current admin user's plist was modified after I started this entire thing, which is weird since I haven't been able to boot. I still have the plist for the deleted admin user, however putting it back into that folder didn't change anything. Also, I haven't yet deleted that user's home directory, if that changes anything.

    Please help. I would strongly prefer not to lose data by reinstalling macOS, and I don't have another mac lying around for target disk mode recovery. Booting into safe mode also doesn't work, the progress bar just stalls earlier.

    EDIT: I did downgrade the admin user to a standard user before removing the plist

    submitted by /u/danzilla13
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to lock the orientation mode to landscape....Is it a lost cause?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    Won't let me back up my phone saying my storage isn't enough even though I have barely any iCloud storage?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    Mac won’t turn on, but when plugged in, fan goes on and off about once a second.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2012 Mac Book Pro that will not turn on. When plugged in an hitting the power button, the fan (I think?) briefly and quietly turns on for about half a second, turns back off, and repeats. But the screen will not turn on.

    Edit: I've tried resetting it, holding power, etc. but can't get any response :(

    submitted by /u/aksers
    [link] [comments]

    iOS calendar: Overlapping vs side-by-side events?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    I've Google this but I can't figure out why events sometimes overlap each other and sometimes appear side by side and what causes this. I'd like different events that are under the same time to overlap

    submitted by /u/AdAromatic4347
    [link] [comments]

    AppleCare+ coverage

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Hi, my situation is a complicated one so I hope I can find answers here.

    A couple months ago (December) I bought a second-hand iPhone and it was IMEI blacklisted, completely my fault and I accepted it. Before I found out it was blacklisted, I bought AppleCare+ since I figured the money I saved from buying it used paid for the coverage. Anyways, after it got blacklisted I just accepted it since nothing could be done and just used it as an iPod basically. Anyways, since the it wasn't useable as my main phone my nephew uses it a lot to watch youtube kids and this time he ended up using it in the bath. He dropped it and didn't tell me about until an hour later and it won't turn on.

    I know AppleCare+ covers accidental water damage, but my isssue since this was a blacklisted phone, it never occured to me that they might not even take it.Would this be a problem? What would they end up doing since it was blacklisted? I'd go myself but the Apple store is a far drive away from where I live (Canada) so I thought I'd ask here before I commit to a drive down there.

    submitted by /u/maegarciar
    [link] [comments]

    Q: Recommendations for an M1 compatible gaming controller.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    I have an M1 MBP and want to use Geforce Now, but the trackpad is not good for gaming.

    Any recommendations? Cost isn't an issue, comfort and reliability are.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Modokon
    [link] [comments]

    Just restored an iPhone but can’t connect to wifi. The toggle is greyed out, I reset network settings, all settings, and then erased all content and settings. Nothing worked, wondering if its something internal?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    I have downloaded discord about 10 times. When I try to load it up, it stays on the loading screen. I have an iPhone 11 and this is the only app I have an issue with. Nothing I’ve tried has helped including using WiFi.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    Apple phone using email instead of phone number

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Hello, i recently got a new phone. I noticed when i text my daughter, she recieves it from my icloud email. I went into setting and tried to change it to my number, but it says it cant activate. Ive tried everything on the internet. My daughter has also tried messaging me through my number but i dont receive it at all. Please help, i need my number to work asap.

    submitted by /u/heyyourekindacool
    [link] [comments]

    Verification required for free apps?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, when I try to get a FREE app on the App Store I get a message saying "Verification required". And after I put in my password to verify myself it takes me to the payment method settings tab... Am I required to have a payment method for free apps? And if not how do I fix this? Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/NOAARadio
    [link] [comments]

    Payment methods not working?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    This has to be included so I have an iPhone 7. I was trying to buy something in a game (a micro transaction) that was $7. My TD debit card wasn't working so it put the money into my Apple ID. This is not an accepted form of payment for micro transactions only App Store purchases. Everything from my bank info to Apple ID and info on the TD app is the same. Why is my card not working? It has sufficient funds and the info checks out.

    submitted by /u/GroovySquiddy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhoto Access Without MacBook

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    I have saved about 10 years of photos (my kids' baby photos) to the iPhoto app on an old MacBook. I never backed them up anywhere else (I know, dumb move). My laptop is now broken, and I don't plan to buy another. How can I get access to my iPhoto account and all of my pictures without a MacBook??

    submitted by /u/fenix_ash
    [link] [comments]

    Phones linking and Bluetooth

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    An example: my sister is listening to music with her AirPods using her iPhone. My dad tries to start playing music through a speaker but instead it connects to my sister's AirPods and his music starts playing thru her AirPods. My father has pressed "forget this device" several times but it always forgets it on his phone and my sister's phone. They are on the same Apple ID idk If that changes anything

    submitted by /u/jacksonrocks42
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to separate work and personal on one Macbook?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    I've been using my personal 2014 MBP for my remote work for several years now, but I'd like to separate my digital work and personal life. Right now everything's mixed together since I just have one user account on MacOS , alongside Chrome logged into my Gmail account. I also have a new windows bootcamp partition, which is empty except for a few games.

    I know a separate work laptop would be ideal, but I can't get one from my employer for some time. I'd also like to keep things convenient by just depending on one device since I travel frequently.

    What would you all recommend? I was thinking of splitting work and personal between my partitions, but I really prefer MacOS for both things. Would creating a new user account and Chrome profile for work on my Mac partition be good enough?

    submitted by /u/MagicMoa
    [link] [comments]

    Recently switched back to Apple Podcasts, and the app is showing a bunch of random episodes as "played." Any idea why?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    I just downloaded Apple Podcasts yesterday, and after adding all my shows, I noticed a bunch of random episodes in some of the shows are already marked as played. These are episodes as recent as last week, when I 100% wasn't using this app.

    I really value my played episode info being accurate. Any idea what would cause this? It might be a dealbreaker for me, but I'd like to be using the app for other reasons.

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch SE Spotify streaming data cellular

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Hi,

    A couple of months ago I bought an Apple Watch SE GPS + cellular thinking I could stream Spotify while running without having to carry with me my iPhone. As it turned out it's not possible, so I returned it and waited for this to become possible, maybe with an update or new Apple Watch series.

    However, as I was looking for some news about it, I found some posts from the last November stating that you actually could do that from that moment on.

    I'm confused. If I tried that it simply didn't work. Is it possible to do that now or not?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/100gamberi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel