• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Apple Help I’ve never seen this before on my macbook pro - can someone explain why and how to know what’s causing it?

    Apple Help I’ve never seen this before on my macbook pro - can someone explain why and how to know what’s causing it?


    I’ve never seen this before on my macbook pro - can someone explain why and how to know what’s causing it?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    Recently cracked the bezel of my screen Apple said £600 I was able to purchase a bezel for £15 off eBay and managed to fix it myself

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    Disabling iCloud messages, I think

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    I just got my mom an Apple Watch for her birthday, and of course we enabled messages. The problem is, my mom is getting messages from my little brother's iPad now, on the watch and phone. My little brother's friends usually text him using my moms email, and not her phone number, hence the reason she doesn't usually get them on her phone. Now, she's getting messages from my little brothers iPad, as well as the messages she was getting before.

    So basically, my brother's friends texted him using my moms email, so she didn't get them on her phone. Now that we set up the watch, she has been getting the messages on her phone and watch too. Sorry if it's too confusing-it's hard to explain but I can try elaborating if needed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ArtyFarts
    [link] [comments]

    Is someone else pinging my iPhone?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Randomly my iPhone started to ping without being prompted. I do wear an Apple Watch but I was not touching my watch when my phone pinged.

    Also, the flash light started flashing as it was pinging. I do not have this functionality enabled! Is it possible someone else is pinging my phone? If so, how is this possible? I'm really weirded out.

    Background: I have the 8 plus and bought it brand new right after it was released. I have been the only user. I have iOS 14.4.2. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/willsux123
    [link] [comments]

    when iPhone rings, iPad will also ring, how do I stop this?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    when iPhone rings, iPad will also ring, how do I stop this?

    I thought I have disable this feature, but it does it again. I can't remember where I disabled it.

    submitted by /u/Shot_Strategy_5295
    [link] [comments]

    This is meant to be my Safari Home Screen. Is this a known issue or an issue on my end?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Removed the beta profile, but still can’t see GA version of iOS14.5

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    iPhone 12. Have had beta profile on the phone the the last couple of months and had the latest beta installed. I removed the beta profile yesterday and after restart it says the iOS is up to date. How do I get GA version now?

    submitted by /u/vmnomad
    [link] [comments]

    Question about speakers

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    Hello everyone I have a question is the earpiece supposed to be lower than the bottom right or are they supposed to match in sound?

    submitted by /u/SimplyVoke
    [link] [comments]

    can't access iphone without itunes, phone won't connect to itunes without accessing my phone.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Having difficulty pairing a Canon Air Printer with an iPhone 8+. I can’t get any insight, need guidance.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Something very strange. When I check devices connected to the wi-fi network the printer shows up every time. However, my iPhone doesn't seem to be able to see it. I'm extremely frustrated that when I really need this print capability, it fails. Please share your insights. Thanks

    submitted by /u/VisualSpace
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Audio cutting in and out while listening to music and then it completely stops playing audio?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    Does anyone else have this issue? It happens pretty consistently and has happened for months. In short, I'll be listening to music in Apple Music and then the audio starts cutting out then it cuts back in and it does this a few times.

    Occasionally, it'll go back to playing the music normally, but other times the AirPods will stop playing the audio while the device and music player still shows that music is playing through the AirPods with the set volume and wont play any audio until I remove the AirPod and put it back on.

    I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.5) with the 2nd Generation AirPods. I had this issue on my iPhone X as well. It's very frustrating.

    submitted by /u/CanaryRich
    [link] [comments]

    Boot loop/ restore update error 9006.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    My phone is at near full capacity so I tried to sync it so I could restore it. At some point during the backup, it errored out. I opened my phone and I got a repeating "Snapchat would like to access your camera" notification. So I restarted my phone, and it became stuck in a booting loop. I managed to get it to restore mode, but both the "update" and "restore" options are requiring me to download the ios update. At 2gb, each time, it gives me error 9006.

    I am fully stuck in this and have no idea what to do. Im leaving for work in a few days so I don't have time to send it in. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

    note: iPhone xr, yes iTunes is updated.

    submitted by /u/nudayz
    [link] [comments]

    Contacts on MacBook don't match

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    So I've had this problem for a while now, for some reason the contacts on my iPhone and my MacBook (M1) don't match. They're both synced to iCloud so it should but for some reason my laptop is missing a ton of people's contacts. Is there anyway to fix this? I tried fixing this a while back and it just merged the two resulting in a ton of duplicates and then everything went back to missing.

    submitted by /u/SepantaPayghamy
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 12 Pro network issues - Verizon

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I really can't find anything on the internet about it. My iPhone is having issues barely receiving data sometimes with low bars which I would understand. But it's also occasionally dropping to no service at all (now this is in a place where my iPhone 8 Plus worked perfectly fine). Then even when I have full bars and 5G it still won't load sometimes. I know there were issues when the phones first came out with network connectivity but I assume they were fixed by now. When I had talked to Verizon a while back they "supposedly" did a couple things on their end to help. I really haven't seen any improvement though. I'm curious if it's the device or if maybe I should try and get a new SIM card from them. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/SavageStove
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud iMessages

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if there's a quicker fix than waiting on apple. So I had an issue where iMessage would randomly just force quit itself when scrolling through long text threads. Opened an apple support case about it, they told me it was a known issue they were working on. Sure enough one of the iOS 14 updates resolved that issue but not before deleting entire threads from my iPhone. Opened yet another case in which they have been investigating and trying to figure it out for like 2 months now. I don't know what if anything I can do been waiting on engineering and I can't express my frustration from paying for a cloud service that has seemingly failed to the thing I explicitly paid for backups.

    submitted by /u/Pimsta08
    [link] [comments]

    When trying to downgrade to iOS 14.4.2 on IPhone XR. Right before it finishes it gives me this error. I have turned find my iPhone off and followed tutorials and still can’t get it to work. I am able to upgrade through iTunes though. Any fix’s or am I stuck with 14.5?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Networking & Wireless Setting Constantly Using Location

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    I was wondering if Networking & Wireless affects my iPhone in any way since it's always using my location. Would it be problematic if I were to turn the setting off? If possible I could use more recommendations on what system service settings to turn off to save battery life.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Skiouz
    [link] [comments]

    Restore safari tabs from iPhone

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Hi

    I hope this is the correct forum to post this in, also on mobile.

    I accidentally cleared my safari tabs (~200) on my iPhone (xs max) whilst trying to block cookies and ads, and am wondering if it's possible to restore these. I have an iTunes back up however this would wipe my photos and other recent data from my phone, as it hasn't been updated in around a month. Likewise I have an iCloud backup but I'm unsure if this is wiped after 24 hours or if it would do the same as the iTunes backup and wipe all my newer data?

    Are there any alternatives? For example just restoring safari using these backups?

    I've tried the bookmark/ recent history options on the safari app, and I've tried 'website data' on advanced safari settings. Neither of these have worked.

    Thank you in advance for any advice

    submitted by /u/planetariumfog
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with the Macbook 0S Big Sur Update!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have been trying to update my MacBook's "0S Big Sur" but it keeps saying I need more GB space, however, I have a lot in reality. I have tried researching and doing "Time Machine" or getting rid of useless space, but it still says I need space. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Or does anyone know how to update it?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/mintume
    [link] [comments]

    Camera black screen

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Hi after installing iOS 14.5 on my iPhone XS my cameras do not work anymore any idea how to fix it ?

    submitted by /u/Fantastic-Crazy5394
    [link] [comments]

    Testing Apple Pencil present

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Hi, I've bought an Apple Pencil as a present for someone and I want to test it on their iPad. Will it notify them on the iPad or connected iPhone that I've setup or used an Apple Pencil on their device.

    submitted by /u/JO5HZOL
    [link] [comments]

    Backing up my Macbook with time machine - 135 gigabytes - is it normal to get frozen at 15.30 GB and have 8 hours left?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    I feel like this is too long. someone help please

    submitted by /u/dylandoesredditt
    [link] [comments]

    Replying to message notifications

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Before one of the more recent updates for my MacBookPro, when a text message notification popped up you could right-click it and immediately press reply. I think now the only way to do that is to click "show more" then you can do it. It's not a massive deal but it was a little smoother and quicker before, I wonder if there is a setting I can change to go back to that? I assume not, just checking. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/JewishPotato811
    [link] [comments]

    Any other tips on getting My phone to stop getting 1403. Please read all of the steps I have already tried and don’t suggest them. So that anyone else having the same issue can see if there was a solution and not read the same thing please.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    My iPhone XS Max shut off then it got stuck in an apple logo boot loop and I left it doing the boot loop until it died which was like 7 hours cause I was like well f u then stay in your boot loop u pos, anyway then I got it out of boot loop and it boots only to the recovery mode and it will not update. It will not restore. It will not go into DFU mode and there's nothing else I can do that I know of. I get the 1403 error when I try restore or update so I tried 4 times 1403 every time. Then I tried a Brand new never opened genuine lightning cable 1403. So I did this same thing in a different computer 4 times 1403. So I decided I really don't want to use my old iPhone 7 nor buy another xs max because I'm going to get the new 13 pro max this year that I'll use for the next 3 or so years. So I literally did a fresh reinstall if windows 10 on my pc then I updated it with every single update downloaded iTunes again, downloaded the update again for the phone and 1403. So I don't know what else I can do or try.. any addition tricks or tips?

    submitted by /u/adamburdette2
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use independent instances of the same app on macOS using virtual desktops?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:40 PM PDT

    Device: MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 OS: macOS Big Sur 11.3

    I'm normally a windows person but got a MacBook from my work, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

    I'm trying to have two separate Chrome windows open. I have one set of tabs on one desktop and the other set of tabs on the other desktop. But if I right-click Chrome in my dock on either desktop, it lists all the active windows and just takes me to whichever desktop has the window I'm trying to open. What I want is for each window to be completely separate where each desktop only shows the tabs that are open in Chrome on that specific desktop, but not grouped all together. Like how Windows has it. Is this possible?

    I included screenshots to show what I'm talking about on Windows. Also for some reason the snipping tool wasn't cooperating on the second picture so I had to take that one with my phone

    Desktop 1

    Desktop 2

    submitted by /u/sleeplessaddict
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel