• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    macOS One of the first things I did on my new M1 Mac was to make sure the calculator app was installed

    macOS One of the first things I did on my new M1 Mac was to make sure the calculator app was installed


    One of the first things I did on my new M1 Mac was to make sure the calculator app was installed

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:30 AM PST

    Getting back the pre-Big Sur window style

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:36 AM PST

    Getting back the pre-Big Sur window style

    Hi there!

    You can get back the Catalina, Mojave, etc. window style back by running defaults write com.apple.Finder NSWindowSupportsAutomaticInlineTitle -bool false ; killall Finder in the macOS terminal. You can do this with any app you want by changing the com.apple.finder and killall Finder to whatever you want.

    https://preview.redd.it/qj6i8se0ezk61.png?width=1798&format=png&auto=webp&s=c81b7c4de51a7ada349cbcd86e408a51a9478ce7

    If you want to reverse it, you can simply run defaults write com.apple.finder NSWindowSupportsAutomaticInlineTitle -bool true ; killall Finder to bring back the Big Sur style.

    https://preview.redd.it/v72yx2axdzk61.png?width=1798&format=png&auto=webp&s=964d9b843a19114ba72429611631f56d757af5c7

    small extra tip: if you want to apply this to every app, replace the com.apple.finder with -g ;)

    submitted by /u/AUGPLAYER21
    [link] [comments]

    I have 100% maximum battery capacity on my M1 MacBook Air but it says that the battery capacity is reduced. Is this a bug?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:22 AM PST

    Help!Any Android emulator for m1

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:27 AM PST

    Hi!I've bought the new MacBook Air Big Sur m1. I used bluestack in my old MacBook Air but in the new it's incompatible... anyone can say me any alternative that rules in m1?? Thanks so much!!

    submitted by /u/No_Imagination_7245
    [link] [comments]

    Some applications in Big Sur do not respect DND

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:50 AM PST

    Hey,

    Some apps like (Viber, MS Teams and WhatsApp) do not respect Do not Disturb. I tried uninstalling with AppCleaner Viber and then install it again, but each time I have DND turned on, I'm still getting a sound notification for each message I receive :/

    Is that a known issue or is it just me?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/panosru
    [link] [comments]

    Creating an FTP batch script

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:42 PM PST

    Hi all - New MBA M1 user here coming from Windows. It seems Big Sur does not any FTP components out of the box which is issue one but beyond that, does macOS or any apps that I can get for the M1 allow for batch ftp scripting? Did some quick Google searching but did not find much.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/bennyblanco9
    [link] [comments]

    Best window switcher Alt-Tab

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:51 AM PST

    Hello everyone, as a longtime Hyperswitch user, I have lately started to experience multiple bugs on Bigsur and decided to try this app https://alt-tab-macos.netlify.app/ And so far it's by far the best experience of multiple window switchers that Ive tried. Highly recommended

    submitted by /u/mazurandy
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix my terminal? :(

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:27 PM PST

    Hellow guys, I have a problem with the terminal of mi mac with Big sur, i was instaling flutter in my device, and I go to this file ~. /zshrc to add flutter to my path, but unfortunaly I dont know why I cant use any command in my terminal, I dont know why For example I cant use mkdir, ls, nano, vim, etc, just cd. Any recomendation to fix this problem? :( Thanks for read my english is not so good

    submitted by /u/Killyrex
    [link] [comments]

    Should i update MacOS 11.2 before releasing of 11.3 version ??

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:12 AM PST

    I am using MBP 16 inches, does rossetta 2 effect intel system ? Should i upgrade to 11.2 or stay on 10.4.5( original come with MBP)

    submitted by /u/theeaglecoder
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Excessive Ram Leak

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:08 PM PST

    Big Sur Excessive Ram Leak

    Curious if anyone else has this issue... I have a rMBP mid-2015, 15-inch with 16G of ram, and over half of my RAM is going to bluetooth, but the kicker is my bluetooth module is fucked, bluetooth doesn't even function unless i have my earbuds touching the keyboard. Not half of the used RAM...HALF. 8 FUCKING GIGS. I once saw it go up to 10. Any idea whats going on here?

    https://preview.redd.it/7wrrui40hxk61.png?width=950&format=png&auto=webp&s=6f9fde26b3e9367087232bc7463bcec2b2f5f1cf

    submitted by /u/smithimitron
    [link] [comments]

    wait what

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:37 AM PST

    i use pixelmator pro and my ram is 8GB is that fine?

    submitted by /u/Forzaman93
    [link] [comments]

    How

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:35 AM PST

    okay whenever i update my mac the apple logo goes off center and when its locked the picture gets moved upwards showing me a dark abyss behind the wallpaper

    big sur will be installed in the night so after that i ill post some pics of it

    submitted by /u/Forzaman93
    [link] [comments]

    hmmmm

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:32 AM PST

    what has happened here

    (credits go to EvanDarkFire or evan on youtube)

    ![video](z1uej81p2zk61 "Programs Used: Audio : GarageBand for macOS Video : Adobe Flash CS6 Image Manipulation : Paint.Net Song by : IOSYS Edited By : GameRoof and Some Guy on Nicovids Song Name : [HQ|Full frame-rate] Meiko Stole The Precious Thing Remix (Full) 【初音ミク】魔理沙は大変なm(ry【手書きPV】 Song Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAuB...​ Swivel : Exporting Video ")

    original video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqdiGNzW1E

    i put feature there for fun

    submitted by /u/Forzaman93
    [link] [comments]

    Help! After I tried getting the update my MacBook Air has been doing this every time I put in my password! I’ve tried the key combos and none worked! I can’t press anything on the log in screen besides the off, restart, and question mark next to the log in bar. Thank you in advance��

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:45 PM PST

    MobileAsset macSoftwareUpdate folder size

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:20 AM PST

    MobileAsset macSoftwareUpdate folder size

    Hi, just realised, this folder is getting bigger and bigger and i'm not allowed to remove it. any suggestion how to reduce his size? it's on Big Sur 11.2.2

    https://preview.redd.it/mxbezr925zk61.png?width=1590&format=png&auto=webp&s=f1efff4df868b60791ba4509938fa5afc26b2039

    submitted by /u/Swedbone
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t Click Hard Drive When Trying to Reinstall macOS

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 06:20 PM PST

    My trackpad is broken and I can't select my hard drive, are there any commands I can use to select it and install the OS? I've tried tab, space and the arrow keys. Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/BigBlyKing
    [link] [comments]

    What is wrong with Big Sur?!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:33 PM PST

    Got my M1 Mac Mini last week and updated to 11.2.2 and have been nothing but glitches

    1. Screen Capture unable to click on options
    2. Black screen login after waking up from power save
    3. Safari crash when updating a password to keychain
    4. Stagnant icon artifact when downloading a file using Safari
    5. Difficulties with Bluetooth connectivity
    6. Can't click on connect button for incoming FaceTime calls

    So why have a fast system when the OS can't support good usability?

    submitted by /u/philsgu
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse lag

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 11:44 PM PST

    Hey guys i have recently bought a new mouse and i have the lag issue, i found the fix, change the polling rate to 125 hz, but sadly there is no synapse 3 on mac. Then i connected it to a windows pc, changed the polling rate, then plugged it back in my mac, i used a poll rate tester to confirm that the change didnt migrate, because my mouse doesnt have onboard memory. Any idea for a fix?

    submitted by /u/OkAd3091
    [link] [comments]

    Need help - Move all icloud drive storage directly to an external hard drive

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 09:06 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am stuck in a situation where my local disk is fulled (only 4gb left kind of) and my icloud drive is over 560gb / 2 TB plan which is more than my mac's storage capacity. I tried removing download from stuff on my mac locally but for some reason icloud drive keeps downloading others without asking.

    I've been searching the web for two days to force remove downloads for huge folders but it doesn't work. There is no way i can download any significant folder since i have no space left. I would have to go file by file which would take days and days and im already 3 days late in my work schedule.

    I went to the apple store today and they told me to use an external disk to make a time machine, desync desktop and documents from my icloud drive. So everything in my documents and desktop went over there, but didn't upload on the icloud drive nor my hard disk so i still have no space.

    How could I transfer and download all icloud directly to my external drive?

    I'm thinking i might go buy a 2tb macbook tomorrow , download everything, transfer to my drive and return the mac to the apple store... If I can spare that extra lost day and money loan i'd been keen for suggestions thanks!!

    submitted by /u/anthonylemay
    [link] [comments]

    Installing Intel-based packages using Homebrew on the M1 Mac

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:53 AM PST

    2015 Macbook Air on High Sierra upgrade to Big Sur?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:09 PM PST

    I have a 2015 Macook Air on High Sierra 10.13.6 still. I do not know why I never updated but it is super laggy recently. I was thinking about upgrading because before my old iPhone was on ios 12 still so I was synced in terms of features. I have a 12 pro max now with ios 14 and an iPad pro with iPad os. I am missing out on everything being synced now with features. I can't see my pinned chats. I don't have dark mode. I also can't do the group facetime.

    My mac is lagging out a lot. It keeps saying out of disk space but I restart and it shows 8 gb free. So I have to restart weekly.

    I am wondering if Big Sur is no longer buggy and if I should update. If not is there any solutions? I would like to update but I just want to make sure it is safe now because I saw things in the past where Big Sur made some macs messed up.

    Thansk

    submitted by /u/Suavecobraaa
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having issues with Finder being slow?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:35 PM PST

    Ever since I first got Big Sur, Finder has been fairly slow. For example, if I download a file (even one less than 1MB), then go into Finder and navigate to the folder I saved it to, it would take 15+ seconds for the file to appear in the Finder window (file was already fully downloaded, yet still not showing immediately). Navigation to the desired folder was normal speed though. However in the last day or two, navigation within finder to different folders is painstakingly slow. If I'm in one folder and want to navigate to another folder, clicking the folder name takes a good 45 seconds to switch to that folder. It should be near instantaneous. Same issue occurs if I'm using Finder by itself, or using Finder within a program (such as picking a file to Open). I believe the issue started prior to updating to Big Sur 11.2.2 yesterday. I thought updating might fix it, but it did not.

    Anyone have any idea why navigating within Finder would be incredibly slow, but every other program running is running normally?

    I've got a 2017 iMac 3.4GHz 8GB.

    submitted by /u/ifiranthezoo
    [link] [comments]

    M1 memory use

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Is it normal for ~12GB to be used from just having a few safari tabs and maybe an app or two open? Seems excessive. I have the 16 version, would the 8 allocate it differently or have to use swap constantly? New to Mac, also a Mac Pro Intel i have uses quite a bit less ram than my M1 with similar apps open. Any ideas

    submitted by /u/nabisco77
    [link] [comments]

    Making other Keys toggle like "Caps"

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 01:20 PM PST

    I was wondering if there was a way to make my fn1 key on my keychron k6 to toggle like the caps lock key. so when I press it I get all the F(1,2,3,....etc) key's secondary use instead of having to hold down the fn key.

    submitted by /u/JuanMacatich
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel