• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 2, 2021

    iPad Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread

    iPad Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread


    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!

    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you, or if you should buy one in the first place? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard/mouse should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? Are you looking for shipping information? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assist you.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread.

    You may be able to find similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are, someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Click here to see past WSIB threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assit you, so consider helping out others in the thread while you wait for assistance.

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related, but not post worthy.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or by using the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before. You can also contact Apple directly and freely through their Apple Support live chat, for real expertise.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread


    Click here to see past D&TS threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After owning my iPad for just shy of a week, I can’t fathom why there’s no capability to have three “full” screen apps open in multitasking. I decided to create a rough concept of how it could look. PLEASE APPLE!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:21 PM PST

    Are mounts that “squeeze” the iPad bad long term?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:10 PM PST

    I've recently started to use an adjustable arm mount that "squeezes" my iPad Pro 12.9 to hold it in place. From what I can tell it squeezes the iPad with a considerable amount of force. Furthermore, I can't fit my normal case on the iPad when using the arm mount. Could constantly squeezing the bare iPad for the majority of the day cause any problems later down the line? Any help is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/dairykid3
    [link] [comments]

    (Shower thought) when Apple finally overhauls external display support. I really hope they allow iPads to act as external displays for other iPads. Sidecar for ipad please wired and wireless.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:31 AM PST

    Two iPads side by side running apps where you can drag and drop between them would be amazing.

    In particular I'd love to connect a 12.9" ipad docked to a magic keyboard to a 11" iPad over USB-C and have a latency free video editing experience with full screen external monitor in LumaFusion.

    submitted by /u/Portatort
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get Siri to respond when connected to google nest only as a speaker

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:00 PM PST

    My iPad iOS 12.5 when i connect to google speaker only as a speaker to play Apple Music at first Siri will play the first song of playlist but after it won't talk I can only see the Siri suggestions screen I tried on my iPhone and it's working fine is it an iOS issue or maybe some settings

    submitted by /u/ConstructionWooden92
    [link] [comments]

    Got a controller called the 8bitDo SN30 Pro for my iPad, works great with the iPad and it's compact as well

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:35 PM PST

    Problems with Apple Pencil (and MediBang)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:52 PM PST

    [removed]

    submitted by /u/reallool3
    [link] [comments]

    Best E Book reader

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:52 AM PST

    I want a reader for ipad which supports the following formats : pdf , mobi , epub , azw3 , djvu. (All in one app)

    I would also like to add bookmarks, comments, highlight.

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Ok_Palpitation_211
    [link] [comments]

    Using iPad as Audio Output on PC, is it possible?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Hey guys, I have the following problem:

    I`m editing constantly on my PC and I have a Airpods Pro that doesn`t seem to work very well with PC, I was wondering if there`s any good method to use my iPad as stereo for my PC and then pair my Airpods Pro with the iPad in order to listen the PC audio. Is there any software or workaround using cable that may resolve my issue?

    And I know, would be better to buy a decent bluetooth card/dongle, but I`m just looking for workarounds before I buy something.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/guilhermesimoncello
    [link] [comments]

    are you happy with the Air 4 display?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:33 AM PST

    there is something different about the new air 4 display i cant tell what it is. This is not noticeable with a colored image but with white backgrounds if you tilt the screen forward it gets slightly pink-ish and if you tilt it back wards it's slightly green-ish. The same I noticed with iphone 12 compared to the SE model.

    Both displays are LED but something is definitely different. One youtube reviewer said the viewing angle on the Air 3 was actually better.

    The anti reflecting coating is a plus, but the viewing angles are not an improvement. Whats your opinion?

    submitted by /u/floatontherainbowtw
    [link] [comments]

    Do you jailbreak your iPad and why.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:03 AM PST

    Used to be a jailbreaker a few years ago but honestly don't see the point anymore, apart from theming what does Jailbreaking give you that the standard OS does not. What tweaks and apps make it essential for you.

    submitted by /u/LunaPuggle
    [link] [comments]

    Running (a non-official client of) Minecraft Java Edition locally on an iPad!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:03 PM PST

    How do I upload a CD to iPad w/o cd drive or computer?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:20 PM PST

    My father has an iPad but no computer or CD drive. He wants an out of print cd loaded into his iPad. He doesn't have a computer or cd drive. Cd not available in iTunes.

    Am I able to connect his iPad to my computer and then transfer the files to his iPad without distributing my iTunes account?

    Can anyone get me in touch with a good source it site that may answer my question?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Steinbe3
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Keyboard changes to language default keyboard

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:45 AM PST

    I've recently purchased the MK and I'm really happy with it, just one thing that's ticking me off.

    I have three keyboards installed in iOS:

    • German
    • French
    • English

    Now, all of them are set to have a German layout but are still language specific, this is important since I don't type any special characters or accents in French. Yes it's a bad habit and no, I won't change it. ;)

    Thing is, the keyboards default back to their default layout after every unlock until i manually change the keyboard once. If I do that all is fine again. Any way to avoid this though? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LeDocteurNo
    [link] [comments]

    Password manager to work on Safari iPad ?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:06 PM PST

    So for a lot of sites i like to use the web version instead of the app. The problem is i can't get my password manager (Bitwarden) to work on Safari, it will only auto-fill when using apps.

    So is it possible to make it work with desktop versions of sites ?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, my autistic daughter is very dependant on her ipad for communication but im having issues with it dying. Does a product exist to help?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:26 PM PST

    My daughter is a bit of a control freak and doesnt like using her ipad while it's plugged in. Her old tablet had a case with a big built in battery, that would charge the tablet ad she used it and would last for many days on a single charge. She currently uses the ipad 10.2 version, which I think is a 7th gen model. Im trying to find a device that will charge it while she uses it that doesnt use a cable to connect to the charging port. A case that covers up the port completely and has a built in battery would be perfect but I cant find ANYTHING that fits this model, everything seems like its for the older versions. Does anyone know of a case with a built in battery? doest he 7th gen ipad support "wireless charging" in the sense that the case could charge it wirelessly through the back of the ipad?

    Alternatively, are there such a thing as a "cable lock" that would lock the cable into the charging port so it cant be pulled out?

    submitted by /u/ajrc0re
    [link] [comments]

    Zugu Case: Apple pencil charging issue

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone tried to alter the case to fix this issue? If so what did you try and what were the results?

    I'm considering trying to just cut off the rubber edge just where the pencil would lay.

    Originally I thought I just got a dud case, so I returned it, tried a few other brands cases, ultimately ended up repurchasing the Zugu case. I've only had it for 5 hours, and its doing the same thing. I'm making sure the pencil is facing the correct way and really pushing it into the holder and a few minutes after I let go the edge is slighting sagging already.

    submitted by /u/Kaylascreams
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel