• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Apple Macbook I've always been team iPhone and team Windows, but I finally sprang for a MacBook. Couldn't be happier!

    Apple Macbook I've always been team iPhone and team Windows, but I finally sprang for a MacBook. Couldn't be happier!


    I've always been team iPhone and team Windows, but I finally sprang for a MacBook. Couldn't be happier!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:06 PM PST

    I am trying to clean up my macbook. I am just curious what the hell is in others.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:12 AM PST

    Improving a weak MagSafe 2 connection?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:17 PM PST

    I'm running an older MBA with MagSafe 2, and the magnetic connection is frustratingly weak - even the force of my shirt sleeve brushing up against it while typing will cause it to disconnect. Nothing is wrong with the charger or the port, it's just the nature of the T-shaped connector - I had the same problem with my MBP back in the day.

    Back then, the Snuglet was the solution for this, but it doesn't appear that they're being made anymore, and they aren't available secondhand through eBay and the like.

    Anyone know of anything that is still available today that accomplishes the same result?

    submitted by /u/br0deal
    [link] [comments]

    Best macbook choices for AMVs

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:41 PM PST

    AMV = Anime Music Videos

    I plan on paying for Final Cut Pro to be pre-installed in a macbook, to learn, get the hang, and eventually be good at video editing. Mainly though, I want to edit AMVs. What macbook models would be the best for this? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/NartoUzmiki
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI to USB C cable?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:25 PM PST

    double key issue? macbook pro 2016 15”

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:42 PM PST

    Recently bought a macbook pro and I received today. Everytime I type, for example "1234" it doubles the 3 so "12334" and it goes for any other number key. i'm not sure if it's just a feature. how do i stop this?

    submitted by /u/j_oshh
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air M1 - update *GLITCH/BUG* ???

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Can someone please help me explain how to fix this? Or what is causing my screen to flicker like this?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:05 PM PST

    Macbook Air Battery

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:26 PM PST

    Hi all, I've had my M1 MBA for a while now, and I've noticed little strange things with the battery since day one, but I'll stick to the percentage issue for now. First off, I've noticed that the first percentage point of the battery (100% mark) lasts waayyyy longer than anything else. This laptop can stay at 100% for over an hour straight at times, but once it leaves 100%, it'll only take an hour or so to get to 90%. That's a 10-fold difference in longevity. Furthermore, when using CoconutBattery, it shows what seems to be the "real" percentage, which goes down to 90% or so after an hour while my menubar still stays at 100%, or at other points shows how behind it is while it's doing its own thing (menubar says 60% when its really 52%, saying 70 when its 65%, etc.). What could be the reason for this? I have reset the SMC twice now, so that doesn't seem to help. Is this a software thing related to the Optimized Charging feature maybe? Or is it a hardware issue? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/matt-fin
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch to MacBook based on my specific requirements?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:20 PM PST

    I'm currently in college and going to graduate in the next couple of months. I'll be working at a big4 and I'll have a laptop from work to get my work stuff done. My current laptop is over 4 years old and it was a cheaper Lenovo when I got it, so it's dying out. It's about time to get a new machine and I've been thinking about switching into apple environment. Though I'll have work laptop, I'll probably use my personal computer to learn and practice tools like MySQL/SQL server, powerbi, tableau, R, maybe Python, and some cloud tools. Is it feasible to get a MacBook if I plan on working with those tools?

    submitted by /u/_casper__
    [link] [comments]

    SSD on M1 MBA

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Guys has anyone tested usage of SSD. What is yours percentage? Thank you for your feedback!

    And what do you think is it real issue or just a bug in drive reporting tool?

    UPD: M1 MBA 8/256

    submitted by /u/vitalyvoloshyn
    [link] [comments]

    Can the MacBook's USB-C port support power delivery and external USB-C display at the same time?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:16 PM PST

    I have scoured the internet and can't really find anything on this.

    I know ONE port can support power pass-through and external display via HDMI, DisplayPort if you use a USB Hub.

    What I am wondering is if the USB hub had TWO usb-c ports, can one be used for power delivery and the other for connecting to an external display e.g. a USB-C monitor -- all connected to ONE port on the Mac?

    See for example this hub on amazon which has 2 ports

    submitted by /u/A_142_Day_Hiatus
    [link] [comments]

    Dual External Displays connected to thunderbolt 3 dock stuck in mirror mode

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:55 PM PST

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018 i5 running Big Sur (11.2.2) connected to a Dell Thunderbolt 3 docking station. I have two identical Dell monitors connected to the docking station. I am using the computer in clamshell mode when docked.

    When I connect the dock to the computer it uses both displays but they are mirroring each other. The option to use them as separate displays is not available in the settings menu.

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/muff_puffer
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth mouse sometimes is jumpy / erratic

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    I have a MacBook Pro 9,1 (MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)) and I use a bluetooth mouse. The mouse is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-bluetooth-mouse/8qbx2w3xsp2h?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab (color mint). I've tried two other ones that had the same problem.

    Several times a day, the pointer will become jumpy and difficult to point precisely. The solution I've been using is to press the small bluetooth sync button at the bottom of the mouse, or remove the battery and put it back in. After a second or two, it works fine.

    Is there interference with my WiFi? Would changing the channel or other setting help me? Are there any kernel logs that may be of use?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/digispin
    [link] [comments]

    Custom MacBook!! �� �� | MacBook 2021

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:26 PM PST

    Hello, I need help. How do you work around this? I was about to fired off an email to a penpal I've lost contact with for 19 yrs and this pop up. Her email address has a @me.com at the back? thank you!!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:41 AM PST

    Upgraded 2019 Macbook Pro to newest Big Sur version, now it won't charge...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:39 AM PST

    A day after updating my 2019 Macbook Pro (touch bar) to the newest Big Sur version, it stopped charging. While trying to figure out what was going on, trying a different charger, resetting SMC, it ran out of battery and is now completely dead.

    I know I'm going to have to take it in for repairs, but any guesses on what the problem is?

    I will also note that for the past couple weeks, when doing something intensive on the laptop, the internal fan on the left side of the laptop was making a bit of a constant clicking noise. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

    submitted by /u/nogills
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + TypeC2DP + Samsung G7 27"

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:14 AM PST

    Hi,

    Anyone has experience in connecting intel+amd mac with Samsung G7 monitor?

    I purchased a G7 this week, successfully connected it with my Windows desktop. However, when I tried to connect it with my Mac using my Type-C2DP(DP version 1.4), my Mac says it's displaying at 2K240Hz, however the monitor says No signal instead. I also switched 144hz and 60hz, none works. I tested the typeC2DP cable on 2 other monitors, the cable functions well. I also tested using my TypeC2HDMI, which could only do 2K@144Hz, and G7 successfully, at least, display something.

    submitted by /u/Crear12
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] M1 MacBook Madness

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:21 AM PST

    So, my beloved and Ox-Like 2012 MacBook Pro is about to get replaced. I was hoping that the M1s would bring people's asking price for a ~ 2015 MBP down to reality but it doesn't look like that's the case. That being said, I'm looking for a little guidance. In order to retire my 2012 MBP, I was planning on going with a 2015 with 16gb of RAM as the 8gb that I have on my 2012 seems to be the weak point of the computer right now. With prices still pretty high around $700-$800 for the 2015, I might as well get a M1. I'm looking for real world use and not bench marks which seems to be what I'm finding when I try to find out if the base model M1 air will be sufficient or if I should push for a middle tier speck one with 16gb of ram. Is the 8gb of Unified RAM really performing as more than the 8gb that I'm use to on my 2012? Some little back story, I plan on starting a Computer Science program in the near future. As of now, I don't do any video editing, just minor photoshop, a good amount of coding/programming, Netflix, YouTube, web browsing, and things of similar nature! I appreciate all the advice in advance but I'm really hoping for some real life examples and not benchmarks or what some of the big youtubers are saying!

    submitted by /u/Tmlapi
    [link] [comments]

    SnapDrop: A Cross Platform AirDrop.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:17 AM PST

    Macbook Air M1 law degree (8gb/256gb ssd?)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:15 AM PST

    Dear fellow Apple fans,

    In August I'm going to start with my law degree. I am looking for a new laptop and was wondering if the Macbook Air M1 would be good. I think I don't need more than 8 gb of RAM, but the 256 gb SSD sounds not that much to me but I'm not sure about that, I don't exactly know if there is a difference between the storage of a windows laptop or a macbook, because I always owned a Windows laptop.

    I've heard that people also are using an external SSD sometimes , if you have experience with working with an external SSD I would like to hear what you save on it, especially if you have the Macbook with 256gb SSD because I would like to know if that would be an option for me.

    Thank you in advance, have a great day :)

    submitted by /u/yorboy88
    [link] [comments]

    When I using Safari to watch Disney+, it eat up so much memory and restart itself(I’m using MBP M1 base). Any idea why?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:10 AM PST

    Switching from Windows to M1, what to expect

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:53 AM PST

    Hi guys, I was wondering about some first hand experience (cant trust them youtubers...). Has anyone lately migrated to apple silicon from a windows machine?

    I'm mostly working with videos and pictures: Premiere, AE, Capture One (can consider switching back to lightroom), web browsing and doing normal everyday stuff. For obvious reasons the switch seems very tempting in upcoming future, I'm excited about M1X dropping later this year. I wonder what headaches this new ecosystem will give me.

    My biggest questions are related to storage. I've heard that external drives perform poorly (slower than on intel macs), lack of ports seems pathetic, hopefully card reader will be integrated. I remember dealing with other people's macs, it was impossible to put files on my external SSD. Does this mean that I'll have to convert file system and find somewhere 4TB to temporary move all my files? Can then windows machine read and work with mac external drive? The whole workflow of copying footage, moving it around, that seems potentially bad to me if I won't be able to plug my drives and start working, or pass my footage to other people. Will I be able to use adobe project files from windows version of their apps? Any random comments, first impressions, issues? Please do share! Thanks

    submitted by /u/HojackBoresman
    [link] [comments]

    Decrease size of display used in Macbook Pro

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:15 AM PST

    Decrease size of display used in Macbook Pro

    The screen of my Macbook pro cracked from the bottom left, and vertical + horizontal lines appeared. While waiting to repair it, is there any way to decrease the used space from the display to fit only in the non-damaged area?

    For example 90% width (right to left), 90% height (top to bottom).

    https://preview.redd.it/a7d2tpu4vdl61.jpg?width=2822&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=810657798c9a2ae8316c2a0376e59ca228b90b61

    submitted by /u/najibla
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel