• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    iPhone Unable to unlock my phone.

    iPhone Unable to unlock my phone.


    Unable to unlock my phone.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:39 PM PST

    Yesterday I bought an iPhone 4S off of Marktplaats.nl (kind of a Dutch eBay/craigslist) and it had the original owner's iCloud account on it. I didn't know the activation lock was on, so when I connected my phone to iTunes, I accidentally updated it and it locked me out of the phone. At this point, I'm kinda freaking out, so I contact the seller to get the IMEI/Serial number. She doesn't know them (I'm guessing the phone was her son's), so I'm kinda stuck. By some accident, I figure out you can get your serial number by connecting your iPhone to iTunes in recovery mode. I try to start a support thread, and quickly find out I need a photo of the original receipt. I ask the seller, she has nothing. She suggests I call the Apple support line, I get told that they can't do crap without the receipt, and now I'm stuck. Is my phone even unlockable at this point? I'll take any solution.

    submitted by /u/KanalQ
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone not working (iOS 14.4 iPhone 7)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:46 PM PST

    Recently my phones mic just stopped working, sometimes it comes back, the other times I can't make calls or recieve them because they can't hear me and I can't hear them either. I used the voice memo app to troubleshoot and I just hear this constant clicking sound if anything at all. Really wanna know if I should take my phone to the tech shop or not. Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Ric0chetR1cky
    [link] [comments]

    Really Weird Spam Texts

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:16 AM PST

    I started getting spammed with these texts a couple months ago, they all look similar to those I screenshoted they even don't have phishing links in the message sometimes. The number changes every time, I had to get a app to make a spam filter based off keywords to get them to stop coming I get 3-5 a day, and occasionally I will get constantly spammed with them. Not sure why I keep getting them any ideas would be great.

    submitted by /u/OutsideApprehensive5
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone black screen white circle

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:49 PM PST

    Hey everyone I'm not sure if this is the right place to post if it is I'm sorry.

    I have an iPhone 12 Pro running the latest version, I recently used the chrome app and was in some sketchy website. After closing a few pop ups my phone went into a black screen with a white circle in the middle for about 5 seconds. Am I infected by a malware or virus ? Is it anything to be concerned about ? Thank u all

    submitted by /u/PoopFace922
    [link] [comments]

    iPod touch locked

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Unlocking old iPod touch

    Hello, I am new to this sub so please forgive me for any formatting errors.

    I have found a very old iPod touch device with some very valuable memories on it I wish to retrieve. However, I do not remember the passcode. I do believe I could guess the passcode if given enough tries, but since there's a limit of 10 failed attempts and I have already used 9 of them, I am out of luck there.

    I do not recall backing up this device. I took it to the Apple store and they told me they can't unlock it and I have to reset the device completely, erasing all of the data.

    I have googled this issue for months now to no avail. It is becoming extremely frustrating. There are many many sites that claim they can retrieve data from a locked iPod touch however I do not know which sites I can trust and worry they are all scams.

    I find it hard to believe that all of my data is completely unreachable by anyone what so ever. However it is beginning to appear like the device is a lost cause and I am just wasting my time.

    I was wondering if anyone at all has any idea if this is possible? Or if there is any way to continue guessing your passcode after 10 guesses. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Anonymousworryfreak
    [link] [comments]

    Hide alerts issue in group chat

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:01 PM PST

    I've been having issues in one of my group messages where after I open the chat, it automatically turns on hide alerts for that chat. It doesn't happen with any of my other messages or group messages. I constantly have to turn the notifications back on and I can't figure out why it's doing this. Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone have and troubleshooting tips?

    submitted by /u/lowkeylola
    [link] [comments]

    Live Photo Wallpaper going black

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PST

    So I'm trying to set a live Screenshot that I set as my lock screen and every time i go to activate it after setting it as my lock screen it just turns black. My phone is up to date on the current IOS and its the 12 and not on Low Power Mode?

    Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/mass1080
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR screen turns black for hours

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PST

    This has happened twice. I got the phone last week. It will be fine, then suddenly turn off and will not turn back on at all. I'll hold the power button down, press the volume up then down then power to try and reset, nothing. Then it will eventually turn on randomly when I try it at some point several hours later. This happens regardless of charge.

    submitted by /u/thehol
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone came with SIM card

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:59 AM PST

    Just bought a new iPhone 12 and it came with a SIM card in it already? Not sure if I should use this one or the one in my old iPhone XS

    submitted by /u/Fatalshadows
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: iPhone stuck on Apple logo, restarting itself occasionally

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:56 PM PST

    So I tried to restart my iPhone 7 about 2 hours ago and now it is stuck on the Apple logo, and occasionally restarting itself only to go back to the Apple logo. I called Apple Support and they told me to charge the phone for an hour, but nothing changed. Has anyone else had a similar problem before?

    submitted by /u/year_of_remy
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision quality on non Apple devices?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:41 PM PST

    I just realized that I had the high efficiency toggle in the camera settings turned on, on my IPhone 12 mini. So as I know, all my videos are recorded with Dolby Vision due to this setting (beside of the 60fps that are only allowed on the pro models). If I send these video clips to an android device no or to my PC, what quality will they have? I know that these devices won't be able to show me the Dolby Vision content but are they going to be just the next highest level of quality under Dolby vision instead?

    submitted by /u/Covast
    [link] [comments]

    Missed calls not appearing after taking my iphone off airplane mode?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:38 PM PST

    Not sure what's going on but people tell me they tried calling me while my phone was on airplane mode, but when I take it off airplane mode I don't see missed calls.

    However I do still get text messages as soon as I turn off airplane mode.

    Can anyone help? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/spencer_whiteout
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro screen pop sound

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    So when I press with just a bit of force (like a 3D Touch type of force) the screen seams to make a pop sound bottom of the phone (stainless steel and glass) sometimes it's quiet and sometimes it's just loud

    submitted by /u/Matthewallapple
    [link] [comments]

    'Books' app offloading my books to the cloud

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:51 PM PST

    So the problem is that the Books app keeps offloading my apps after uploading them to the cloud. I don't want it to stop it from using the cloud (because I read on my iPad too so I want to know where left off), I want it to stop offloading them. Is there any way to do this?

    p.s: the "offload unused apps" option has been turned off for a long time and I have about 9 GB left on my phone (out of 128 GB)

    submitted by /u/BurningDara
    [link] [comments]

    Phone app instantly crashes

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:43 PM PST

    Whenever I try to open either the phone app or the FaceTime app they instantly crash. Also, when getting a phone call, the screen that pops up where you answer the call instantly crashes making it impossible to answer any calls on my phone. I can still make calls through Siri and also by going through someone's contact on iMessage. The only problem is the apps. I can even answer calls through my car because I'm able to click the answer button on my car where there isn't one on my phone. Have tried shutting off and back on multiple times and I've even reset my phone but both were to no avail. Does anyone know how to help or at least know what could be wrong? All answers are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/beaut1fulb0obies
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 s displaying no service

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:39 PM PST

    My friends iphone 7 S is saying no service however she has wifi, she's done a network reset but that isn't the issue, people in her family are on the same network in the same house oh iphone 6 s and whatnot, and all have service, anyone got any idea what the issue is?

    submitted by /u/kitchikeme
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring contracts to new iPhones

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:59 PM PST

    My parents both upgraded their phones from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 12 and 12max plus. Everything has transferred from iCloud (photos and stuff) except for contracts and iMessages. Is there a way to transfer the contracts without using iCloud?

    Edit: I meant contacts, my phone autocorrected

    submitted by /u/0anotherthrowaway1
    [link] [comments]

    Importing from iPhone to Windows 10 - why are there sometimes 3 files per photo?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:34 PM PST

    Hi,

    I'm trying to import all of my photos from my iPhone to my PC but for some reason there are 3 files per photo, for example:

    • IMG_001.JPG (the original)
    • IMG_001.AAE (the edits)
    • IMG_E001.AAE (the edited version)

    The AAE files aren't the end of the world since I can just delete them, but having the edited photo and the original just means I've ended up with hundreds of duplicates. Even worse, going through them manually is not an easy process since the 'E' is before the number rather than at the end, so I can't even glance through and just delete the file before the edited version.

    Is there anyway to just have the edited version? No original or AAE file.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/blizeH
    [link] [comments]

    New phone, managed to disable it first day

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:10 AM PST

    Hello there,

    We have a new employee starting on Monday, so we thought we would get them a new iPhone 12.

    I went through the setup procedure (language, wifi, etc) and entered in the lock code. I thought I had typed it in correctly, but now I am at the 'iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 hour'.

    I have found all the 'methods' to re-start your phone available online...I am looking just to reset it to factory and start again.

    I do this:

    Press volume up, press volume down, press and hold the side button.

    When I do that, the 'slide to power off comes up' and I ignore that. A few seconds later, the screen goes black, then shortly after the Apple logo 'flashes' (like, less than a second) and that's it. I have held that side button for up to three minutes with no affect.

    Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special way to press the buttons? Should I be letting go of something earlier? *Can I only do this when I have the opportunity to type in the passcode, ie. it doesn't have the disabled notice?*

    Any help would be appreciated. I only ask not to provide the links that come up with a general search, because I think I did all of those (unless there is something specific you think is the way to go).

    Thanks for your help on this,

    Tony

    submitted by /u/TonyN1701
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Kik iPhone; camera keeps opening when I select a conversation, can’t use keyboard

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:31 AM PST

    tl;dr: Issues with Kik iPhone; camera keeps opening when I select a conversation, can't use keyboard

    I was wondering if someone had any insight as to this, or perhaps even experienced this issue. I recently switched from Android to IPhone, and logged into Kik. Every time I tap into a conversation, the camera function turns on. I keep closing it,but it keeps coming back, over and over again. The keyboard is thus unable to open. What's weird is that it worked fine at first.

    Anyone ever deal with this? Is there an errant setting to blame?

    I've tried a bunch of the obvious troubleshooting fixes, such as deleting and reinstalling the app, changing the keyboard (even removing third party ones I downloaded), and even a factory reset of the phone. Nothing has worked.

    submitted by /u/underneaththeground
    [link] [comments]

    . Can’t seem to find my subscriptions anywhere. It’s not in its usual place, any ideas?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:11 AM PST

    [HELP] HOW TO KEEP IPHONE 12 PRO BATTERY CAPACITY AT 100%?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:28 AM PST

    Hey Everyone,

    I'm finally planning to buy the iPhone 12 Pro on Monday, however, how do I go about using the iPhone and keeping the battery capacity at 100%? In addition, what are the step(s) when you first boot the phone? Do you let it discharge or charge it fully to 100%? I watched some videos that recommend the 40-80% rule, but I feel like that is not doable, since use my phone constantly.

    Also, I was planning to get the 20W brick, wireless charger, and the 2m cable, but don't know if they're worth it. Some say to avoid fast & wireless chargers whereas others say you could charge it overnight and not to stress about it. I currently have the "slow" brick and cable from my iPhone 6.

    submitted by /u/Rumcajs23
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Mini purchased in December 2020 from Verizon

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:30 AM PST

    I can not access some of my old photos, they show up black with the message "Unable to load photo, an error occurred while loading a higher quality of this photo" This happened on my last iPhone 7, but I could never figure out how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/DanthaHam
    [link] [comments]

    Help navigating IPhone 11 Max Pro and ICloud storage issues from photos

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:11 AM PST

    Hello,

    My partner has an IPhone 11 Max Pro 64 GB with the current software, 14.4. She takes a lot of photos for her job. Currently, her phone regularly gets an error of storage being full. It's gotten so bad a couple of times that the phone will crash (she has about 45 GB of photos on the phone and about 300 GB on the cloud). We have 1 TB of ICloud storage and the phone will upload things to the ICloud, but I'm at a bit of a loss of how to get it off the phone and stored only on the ICloud. She loves her photos so she doesn't want to lose them but I've noticed if we try to delete them on the phone, it says it will delete from ICloud as well. If we change the settings so that the phone does not automatically upload to the cloud, then we're free to delete from the phone and not lose them off the cloud, but then all of her new photos are not being uploaded. I've done a lot of research but I can't seem to find a good solution.

    I've read about just trying to get them off the phone/cloud and into something like a google drive but we live in rural Vermont (United States) and our internet is pretty awful. It's an option to download from ICloud then upload to Google Drive but it takes hours (upload speed here is 2 mbps and download is 18). So I would love to find a solution that avoids going through the internet if possible.

    Finally, we do not own a Mac, we have a windows PC. Apple's site says I can use ITunes to move photos from the phone to the PC but I'm not seeing that option. All I can seem to do is backup the phone from ITunes.

    In the past I've just downloaded them off the Icloud and then onto my computer. Then deleted them from the phone. Is there a better path forward though? I feel dumb for paying for upgraded ICloud storage as it doesn't really feel like it's helping.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/Imperial_dorn
    [link] [comments]

    TTRS Recording issues..

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Hi, I've been recording video using my gaming headset and I wanted to upgrade to a mic and small mixer. I've tested the mixer into another source and it works fine but when I use a TRRS into my iPhone 6s, it defaults to the internal mic..

    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

    I've tried 2 different TRRS adaptors and they both do it, I've also tried a CTIA converter and that hasn't helped. How is it that my headset mic works fine but the cable doesn't?

    Please help me..

    submitted by /u/BlatantAl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel