• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    Apple Macbook How are the speakers so good on the Macbook?

    Apple Macbook How are the speakers so good on the Macbook?


    How are the speakers so good on the Macbook?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:22 PM PST

    I just got a M1 air, first apple product and man these speakers are great. I heard the 16 inchs are even better because of the larger chassis so I'm super impressed. I ran a tone generator and found out mine goes all the way down the 25Hz before bottoming out. That's impressive!. Both my portable and bookshelf speakers bottom out around 60Hz. I have no idea how this is possible considering the size difference. Anyone in this field could explain it to me or comment?

    submitted by /u/Jsee_101
    [link] [comments]

    Get a Macbook air now or wait?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:57 PM PST

    Hi.

    It has been 4 months since the release of Macbook air with M1 chip. I was just wondering if it is still worth it to buy a MBA 16+512 now since rumor says a redesigned successor will be released later this year.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/leozianliu
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Air key problems + USB-C thing

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:22 PM PST

    Not sure what to do?? I got my MBA M1 from Curry's. The keys keep going (stuck) and the USB-C port has gone too. Should I ask for it to be swapped or for a refund??

    submitted by /u/Jealous_Ad945
    [link] [comments]

    Luis Rossmann repair in Europe

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:49 PM PST

    I send in my MBP to a company for repairs and all they were able to tell me is replace the main board for 1000 Euro... So I was wondering if we have some sort of Luis Rossman here in Europe?

    submitted by /u/Xtasy0178
    [link] [comments]

    Solve base Macbook Air limited storage

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:26 PM PST

    What’s better?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:34 PM PST

    MacBook Air M1 or MacBook Pro M1 for a university student? Also what is the difference between a MacBook Air and a pro?

    submitted by /u/rixishardofhearing
    [link] [comments]

    Can I used google extensions on safari?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:36 PM PST

    before I got a MacBook I had Opera on my laptop and they had an extension that allowed me to use google webstore extensions. Does this exist on safari?

    submitted by /u/MrNudeGuy
    [link] [comments]

    upgrading 2017 MacBook Air storage

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:41 PM PST

    (i'm a beginner on this topic so any advice is appreciated)

    right now i have the 128gb 2017 A1466 Air model, i got it about two years and don't really have any complaints other than the storage starting to get too small. with that being said, i'm a little torn between upgrading the SSD (256, 500, or 1T) or just looking for another used model with more storage. obviously the former will be a lot cheaper, is it worth it? if you have any advice on adapters and SSDs to consider using please do let me know!!!

    submitted by /u/hobibibi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that can force open and close apps running in the background?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:09 PM PST

    I recently got a new M1 mac and it rocks!!!. I've installed a couple of tools for my needs.

    First i've installed Aldente a battery limiting tool to prolong the device, I usually dock my laptop so this app is a must. Then I've also installed an app called smoothscroll, because when I am using a mouse, for some weird reason scrolling is so glittery, it's terrible so I installed a 3rd party app to fix that. (No issues with the trackpad tho). My question was that is there an app that could force open and close these apps depending on whether the macbook was plugged in to a charger or not. The reason why is to save system resources and the fact that theses apps only serve their purpose when plugged in. Or if force closing these small apps make no difference at all (To battery life that is)?

    submitted by /u/Jsee_101
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time for a new Macbook Air?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:55 PM PST

    I was given an old Early-2014 Macbook Air, with i5 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage.

    It's served me well but is beginning to slow down and lag between tabs. It also overheats when there's too much activity. I'm about to go back to school, and need something that's a bit more robust.

    I'm looking at getting the new Macbook Air M1 base model. With the student discount and trading my current computer in, my total cost would be USD $800.

    Should I do it? I feel like my current MBA is fine, but the thought of starting fresh is also really appealing. Considering my computer is now 7 years old, would this be a good time to upgrade?

    My current use is pretty light to moderate. No gaming or heavy editing. I am dabbling in a coding course though.

    Thanks for all the input.

    submitted by /u/molo90
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a usb-c hub like the one linked below (hub with externsal ssd, directly attached to mac) but with a few more ports (mainly usb a)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:55 PM PST

    Macbook Pro Replacement (x3 Repairs)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:50 PM PST

    After 3 separate keyboard repairs (+another for a flex cable), Apple replaced my base 2016 Macbook Pro with the $1,300 M1 Macbook Pro model. Just got it in the mail today and super stoked to get a fresh daily driver. Bought AppleCare+ as soon as it booted up (more for the peace of mind than the actual cost savings down the line).

    If you have a Macbook Pro with butterfly switches, don't be afraid to send it in for repairs. They replace the entire top case, so you get a new battery, speakers, and TouchBar. In the 3rd repair, they replaced my logic board + flex cable as well for free.

    If you're in a similar position, please note, the keyboard program only applies for 4 years after your initial purchase. In my case, I had my 2nd major repair a month before the 4 year mark, but got a seperate 3 month warranty after the repair.

    Side note, the scissor switches on the Macbook Pro remind me a lot of my old Macbook Air from 2011/2012, in the best way possible. No more accidental key presses, and a way better tactile feel.

    TL;DR 3 major repairs on the same part = replacement. Make sure to ask for a senior advisor, and be courteous.

    submitted by /u/classic_goody
    [link] [comments]

    Help Buying a MacBook?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:48 PM PST

    I need a MacBook for college and this is probably going to be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway

    I will be taking a media centred course and so will be using video editing a bit, which of course means longer performance and not just short bursts. I was either looking at a 2020 MBP 13" intel core i5 10th gen 16gb ram 512 gb ssd for around 800-900 or a MBP M1 base model. Or would a MacBook Air m1 base be good for video editing despite the lack of fan and worse battery and thermal throttling. I know all will throttle I just wanna know the best one for my situation

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/nin-josh
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good cool surface to put my macbook air on to stop it from heating?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    Where to find deals on new M1 macbook air

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for a good deal on an M1 Macbook Air with 16gb of Ram, 256 SSD storage. I have access to an educator discount which is $100 off the listed price. Additionally, I can get $20 off of the expanded memory options with this discount. Anything better is welcome :)

    If you guys have any suggestions about where to purchase this I'd love to hear it.

    submitted by /u/onionypeppers
    [link] [comments]

    Something I feel I need to let people know.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:39 PM PST

    As a certified apple technician I will miss being able to upgrade peoples machines. Its coming to an end and I will be nothing more then a puzzle monkey. ARM "computers" are nothing more then iPads in a computers clothing. Changing the architecture seems like there has to be some down side. My thoughts are honestly that the M1 devices are cheaper because they just cant last as long as a real x86 computer. An iPad poops out around 5 years or so with daily use. Using an ARM device like a computer seems like we are going to be seeing alot of failures around that mark to me. Now I do not know anything more then anyone else about testing or how long the devices are said to last but from the heavy use people are putting these ARM devices through just cant be sustainable. The usage of an iPhone or an iPad just aren't the same as the usage a computer gets. Now maybe im way off base here. I hope I am but from what I know about electronics the M1 "computers" will either be industry changing or something you will be replacing every 5 years or so. Now maybe some of you do that but I for one have been more of a 7-8 year guy when I spend 2 grand on a COMPUTER. I guess for 999 you can cut that in half and have the latest and greatest 2 times in 10 years. But I have a 2019 13 inch and I upgraded from a 2012 Retina model. I know intel models are going to be offered. But I just think we are really seeing a transition from a great computer company to a nice device making company. IMO ARM architecture changes the game and the definition of a computer. Just looking for casual conversation on the topic.

    submitted by /u/BOBBYTURKAL1NO
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with damaged MacBook Pro ?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:47 PM PST

    Hi guys, in 2019 I bought my MacBook Pro 13" and it was around €1400. In the beginning of 2020, my computer fell and cracked on the black part of the screen (where it says MacBook Pro). It has been broken since then and I've considered repairing it however it is around £600 which is almost half the price of the computer.

    I will am currently at school and in some months I will be starting university. My worry is sometimes my computer freezes so I am starting to contemplate if it will better to just buy another one with more memory since my current one only has 8GB. I am now worried about what to do with this computer if I buy another one and I really wanted some advice.

    Please, don't judge me from wanting to buy another computer. I recognise that this feeds into capitalism and so on, but I also just want help.

    submitted by /u/wezita
    [link] [comments]

    Black/white one click ? Accessibility

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:25 PM PST

    Hey guys I use the black/white/grey color scheme to focus on work. But sometimes I need to switch it back to color- is there a way I can do this with a key combination? Maybe with automator or so? The taskbar shortcut also not offer a switch. Just likes to the main menu if "accessibility" and than I need to click to color scheme and turn it on/off

    Appreciate your help Cheers

    submitted by /u/RamboRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 7C 16GB RAM vs MBP 8 GB RAM

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Quite simply: Which will be more powerful? The most taxing thing I'm doing is video editing in Davinci Resolve/Fusion. In addition to that, I dabble in Blender, programming, and I use Maple for uni.

    Where I live, and within my budget, my options are:

    • The Macbook Air 7C GPU w/ 16 GB RAM
    • The Macbook Pro w/ 8 GB/ram

    They cost practically the same at 256 GB SSD - the MBA is a little more expensive.

    Which do you think would perform better?

    submitted by /u/redditer_nr_2
    [link] [comments]

    MBA M1 vs MBP M1 for development

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hi all, I can't seem to decide if I want to buy the air or the pro mainly because of the fan. I will use my laptop for development mainly on weekends and sometimes run intensive data science code that can last a few hours (training neural nets mainly). My budget allows for a 512gb ssd 16gb ram MBA, or a 256gb ssd 16gb MBP. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/generic_name95
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe Premiere Pro MBA M1

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Hey, I've got MBA M1 with the basic configuration. I want to try to cut some 360 videos in Premiere Pro. Is MBA capable of basic editing in Premiere pro with 360 videos, or would I need MBP?

    submitted by /u/Whiefull
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a “new” MacBook

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:20 AM PST

    Hello All!

    Besides Apple's Refurbished computers, what is another good retail outlet for buying a MacBook on the cheap?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DefinitelyChad
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 shipping weight

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hi There!

    How much does an M1 Air shipping box weights?

    I'm worried my 1.5 kg UPS box from Apple Store doesn't include the device or an iPad Pro 12.9" was shipped instead.

    Previously I've ordered an M1 Pro which BH's reference weight for shipment matches exactly at 2.8 kg, BH states the Air M1 should weight around 2.3 kg.

    submitted by /u/_davidquinones
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel