• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    Apple Help What is this? I found this at a old bookstore for $3 and I can't find much info or eBay listing for the Orange G3 US keyboard.

    Apple Help What is this? I found this at a old bookstore for $3 and I can't find much info or eBay listing for the Orange G3 US keyboard.


    What is this? I found this at a old bookstore for $3 and I can't find much info or eBay listing for the Orange G3 US keyboard.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:29 PM PST

    Very personal family iCloud photo sharing issue

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Hi there,

    Earlier this night I decided to save my photos to iCloud to save storage, as it said on the official apple support website that the photos would not be shared unless they were in shared albums. However once the iCloud sync finished, 1000s of my mum's photos appeared on my phone, despite shared albums being off. Furthermore, there is no shared tab in the photos app.

    My ability to go into iCloud to revert the backup photos to iCloud is locked due to over strict parents, but I'm stressed as there are sensitive pictures of my girlfriend in my photos that I'm worried might have been shared. Any idea if this would have happened?

    My mum is currently on an iphone XR and I'm on a 6s, both on the newest software possible.

    submitted by /u/joshmarkos15
    [link] [comments]

    2011 iMac fans running 24/7

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:38 PM PST

    Hi! I have an old iMac that I use almost exclusively to just toy around with my MIDI keyboard. It's running the latest High Sierra and doesn't have much else installed on. The fans are on *all the time*, even when I put it to sleep. They speed up and slow down variably, changing from minute to minute. It's highly annoying, and I can't just let it sleep, because the noise from the fans.

    Why does it do that? Can I "fix" it somehow?

    If it's just getting hot because there's dust, can I just blow compressed air through the whole thing and be done with it? Or do I need to do it differently?

    submitted by /u/Anna__V
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Files Being Counted Twice Towards Storage

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:41 AM PST

    Big Sur won't recognize locked iPhone 7

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:41 PM PST

    Hey there! I've got an old iPhone 7 that I can't get into, but when I plug it into my lap top (Big Sur) nothing seems to happen, it doesn't show up anywhere and nothing pops up on the phone screen either. And of course there's no iTunes on Big Sur anyway. Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/_blandrea_
    [link] [comments]

    My Iphone 6 became a black screen with a white loading circle in the inside for about 30 minutes now, what steps should I take to fix this?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:22 PM PST

    I have tried holding the home and power buttons, and I have tried holding both volume and home buttons(which made the phone vibrate once but nothing else).

    submitted by /u/Pretend_Math
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen with 'no' sign after time machine restoration

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:22 PM PST

    Please help! After time machine restoration the os cant start. And when I go into recovery mode, there are 4 sections, macintosh hd, macintosh hd, macintosh hd - data, update, to recover should i erase them all??

    submitted by /u/HammerSpeedster
    [link] [comments]

    Can't download older versions of macOS?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PST

    Can you have fullscreen website interface instead of iphone one?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PST

    Like for example youtube on safari when you go full screen i want the youtube interface not the iphone one. I've been searching for very long and did'nt found so i hope you will help me. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Elyesd213
    [link] [comments]

    On my iPhone the TV app icon appears too small

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:10 PM PST

    Does anyone else see this issue? The icon seems just a millimetre or so too short/skinny compared to any other icons. Curious to hear about other devices too.

    iPhone 12 mini

    iOS 14.4

    submitted by /u/jasonefmonk
    [link] [comments]

    Large Time Machine Backup

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:56 PM PST

    This isn't a problem, more like a question on something that happened to me. I use time machine with an external drive to backup my MacBook Pro. Today I performed a routine backup and was surprised to see it was going to be 45gb! Typically it is no more than 8.

    I backup pretty regularly (weekly at least) despite using my computer right now mostly for streaming Netflix and video chat only, so there were no new files, etc that I would expect to be large or explain this size backup. The only thing I have done on my computer since my last backup I think is use zoom and FaceTime a few times.

    The other peculiar thing is that this backup was very fast once done preparing — even with such a large size. It was done in less than 30 minutes. It did take up the space it said though, because my available storage went down the expected amount.

    Just wondering if anyone can think of an explanation for this or if you've had a similar situation and noticed anything.

    submitted by /u/birdsofaparadise
    [link] [comments]

    Removing MMAudio Devices

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:54 PM PST

    I was doing some "cleaning" of my Mac (just deleting files and unneeded applications). Eventually, I opened Quicktime and discovered that my microphone options include "MMAudio Device" and "MMAudio Device (UI Sounds)." Trying to use either microphone while using Quicktime causes Quicktime to shut itself off automatically, with NO error messages and NO saved data.

    Despite some internet research, I'm not sure what these sound devices are. Numerous posts mentioned "~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL", but no such file exists on my computer. The three folders that do show up under Plug-Ins are empty, and cannot be deleted for some unknown and concerning reason.

    I am concerned as to why I have these empty unremovable folders on my mac, and I am concerned about the untraceable audio devices that theoretically relate to them. How do I remove these devices? I have a 2015 MacBook Pro, running Big Sur 11.2.2. Thank you!

    https://preview.redd.it/y3351kpzf5l61.png?width=794&format=png&auto=webp&s=116d21a8043b78111b8f916caae2bef8a5f789e5

    https://preview.redd.it/eew00e0zf5l61.png?width=796&format=png&auto=webp&s=594bddf047313a9cfe43d5be7378aa0b66e39197

    submitted by /u/Metalborn9
    [link] [comments]

    Apps wont hide on startup

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:05 PM PST

    Hi

    So I have recently received my new MacBook, and I want Messenger and the mail app to open on startup but not pop up and just stay hidden in the dock. I thought I did this by checking the hide box like I have in the picture. Yet every time I boot up my MacBook both the mail app and messenger show on screen. Any fix to this?

    https://preview.redd.it/ytix3rs0c4l61.png?width=928&format=png&auto=webp&s=c73a2a558fbcf6ad86a4211b4219e5984e879921

    submitted by /u/galaga0
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air was running High Sierra, I erased the drive with Catalina installer and now I cant install OS

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:08 PM PST

    Macbook Air was running High Sierra. I used a Catalina Bootable Installer to wipe the drive and when I went to install Catalina I got a message "In order to continue to install Catalina , you need to log in as administrator." I wiped the drive, so there shouldnt be any accounts on it. I tried going into terminal and "resetpassword" but the prompt doesnt display any accounts. In terminal I ran the command to display all users and there are none that I recognize (they all look like system accounts)

    The computer wasnt encrypted and as the pic shows, the disk is unencrypted.

    Every account that was associated with this computer is written down and doesnt work.

    My only guess is something happened when I went from one type of drive type to APFS. Ive included pictures of all the messages.. Im stumped. How do I install Catalina?

    https://imgur.com/a/HrV3Oly

    submitted by /u/jondabomb
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to archive data from an app on iPad Pro?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:43 PM PST

    That's all I need an answer for

    submitted by /u/kirbyhasaflamethrow
    [link] [comments]

    I’m stuck on this screen

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:39 PM PST

    According to my iPhone I use YouTube every second of every day. Today, I even deleted the app and it’s still reporting this. As best as I can tell this started three weeks ago maybe after a new YouTube update? Any advice?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:20 PM PST

    Switching IPhones

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:34 PM PST

    I'm currently using an iPhone 7 on IOS 11.2.1 I've had for a little over four years now and am switching to an iPhone 11. When I add my apple ID and backup to the new phone, will my old phone remain the same? I don't want anything to change on it and to be able to use it the same, just without service (like an iPod). So I've been very hesitant to start using my new phone without knowing what I'm doing haha. Would any new apps I download or pictures I take on the new phone also appear on the old one because they're linked? Would linking them also automatically update the IOS on my old phone? Thank you so much for any help! I'm sorry if these are dumb questions!!

    submitted by /u/terrahouse
    [link] [comments]

    How to re-trust my computer on iPhone?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:17 PM PST

    I accidentally tapped "don't trust" when plugging my phone into my computer and the message no longer pops up. Can i fix this?

    submitted by /u/Aidan_Baidan
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot change app icon on macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:13 PM PST

    For some apps like surfshark, i am trying to change the app icon to fit in with the new icon design of Big Sur by pasting the new icon in the Get Info panel of the app. However, when the app is running, the icon reverted to the old one. It's is a frivolous issue but I wonder if anyone know a good fix.

    submitted by /u/galaga0
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of MalwareBytes? Is it worth downloading? I usually only use my computer for Youtube, email, and school, but maybe it could be worth trying?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:07 PM PST

    Has anyone used it before? Did it find issues?

    submitted by /u/Mariano_1
    [link] [comments]

    What if I’m already paying for Apple Music with Verizon/Apple One

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:14 PM PST

    Apple Music is included with my Verizon plan. Paid for by my office as part of my cell phone reimbursement. What will happen if I sign up for Apple One? Will I get a credit for Music or will I be paying for it essentially twice? I can't change it on my Verizon plan because I won't save any money changing plans.

    I searched Reddit and didn't find anything directly on point.

    submitted by /u/Mgoblue01
    [link] [comments]

    API for detecting playing media?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:55 PM PST

    I am developing a desktop application in electron, and I would like to add Mac support.

    One of the features of my application is to be able to detect, play, pause, and skip whatever media is currently playing on the system.

    On my Linux system, I can accomplish this rather easily with the MPRIS spec and the playerctl command.

    From my research, it doesn't look like MacOS comes with d-bus of any sort, and from my googling I was only able to find the Media Player page, although I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for.

    I don't want any sort of integration with apple music or other services, just the ability to play/pause media playing on the system. I'm looking into AVFoundation, but I'm not familiar with Apple APIs and I'm really just trying to interface at a high level

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Ken_Mcnutt
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with safari connecting to the internet (cross post)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PST

    App 'What The Golf?' shows up in iCloud storage as another app 'The_Otherside'

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:43 PM PST

    Bug observed on: iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14.4

    I downloaded and started app 'What The Golf?' for the first time today and observed that it shows up as 'The_Otherside' in iCloud storage. I have never downloaded or played the latter and do not share my iCloud account with other people.

    The expected behaviour is obviously to have 'What The Golf?' show up with the correct name in iCloud storage. So far I've tried:

    • Deleting the backup and restarting the app, and
    • Deleting the app and reinstalling.

    In both cases, 'What The Golf?' is nowhere to be found in my iCloud storage. Instead, an entry for 'The_Otherside' appears.

    Anyone have the same issue? Any ideas on how to resolve?

    submitted by /u/octos4murai
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel