• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Apple iOS [Thread] Best Sleep Apps for IOS?

    Apple iOS [Thread] Best Sleep Apps for IOS?


    [Thread] Best Sleep Apps for IOS?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:02 AM PST

    For most of my life I've used whatever sleep tracker came with the phone and wasn't until recently that I've started downloading and testing sleep apps from the App Store.
    As a former insomniac, I'm on a mission to improve my sleep and would really appreciate some solid sleep optimization app recommendations.
    Currently using Rise Science.

    (no affiliation)

    submitted by /u/bourbonwhiskey09
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else dread the moment you realize you need to move an app around on your Home Screen?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:34 PM PST

    Literally every time I edit a Home Screen icon something goes haywire, and I have to do an additional 3-5 clicks/drags to get everything back to normal. Ugh!

    submitted by /u/tdason444
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max on 14.4 has overnight battery drain caused by stuck Backup app

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Last night, I went to sleep at 12am with the phone at nearly 100%. When I woke up at 7am, the battery was down to 50%. I noticed that the Backup app was constantly running while the device was locked, on wifi, but unplugged from power.

    https://imgur.com/PGit67f

    It looks like there is some issue with the automatic iCloud backup. The last successful backup was a month ago, around the time I got the phone new. It gets stuck on "Estimating time remaining...". I can sync with my mbp, imac, and air without an issue.

    https://imgur.com/SsMur8Y

    I signed out of iCloud, hard reset, then signed back in, but it still will not complete. Turning off iCloud backup appears that it may prevent the abnormal idle battery drain, but I will have to let it sit tonight to verify.

    I didn't grab a screenshot of the last backup size before I signed out of iCloud, but it was small. Maybe around 155MB. While it listed an option for "Next backup size," it would not display the size. It only said "Loading...".

    Any ideas as to why this is occurring and how to fix are appreciated.

    Overnight edit:

    On suggestion from /u/JazzySpazzy1, toggled iCloud Drive / Whatsapp backup off:

    https://imgur.com/j7ZHc8e

    Let iCloud backup try to run about an hour before going to bed. No change, no estimation of time, nothing. Turned off iCloud backup and went to bed @ 100%. Woke up this morning down to 40%. Now the abnormal battery drain now logs as being caused by App store.

    https://imgur.com/xfHbvnF

    Morning edit:

    On suggestion from /u/Archvile7, deleted only existing iCloud backup from one month ago. iCloud backup continues to get stuck on "Estimating time remaining...".

    Trying to backup to my imac also gets stuck.

    https://imgur.com/kyUJ8wf

    submitted by /u/completej
    [link] [comments]

    Still getting text messages from someone I blocked

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:34 AM PST

    Just like the title says. I know this doesn't make sense but when they were still coming through last night, I thought it might have something to do with iMessage and still being connected to the same wifi network. However, today we are definitely not connected to the same wifi network and their messages are still coming through. I have double checked and triple checked that they are blocked—they are. Messages still coming through.

    iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.4

    submitted by /u/Uncle_Samoyed
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to sync notification clearing better?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:51 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this feature exists, but is there a way to sync notifications that clearing it on one platform (my Mac for example) will also clear on my iPhone and iPad? I find it redundant to clear my notifications on every device every time.

    submitted by /u/metamorphosis4862
    [link] [comments]

    EPUB Reader with Google Team Drive support

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:04 AM PST

    I'm looking for a Ebook reader that I could read my EPUB books right from my Google Team Drive without having to download them, just like I do with my PDF using nPlayer Pro, without having to download any files on my device and streaming them instead. The reason because of that is that I only have 32GB of internal storage on my iPad and I've backuped my entire library there. Thanks for the help guys.

    submitted by /u/pulgalipe
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know what kind of black magic is in this iPhone I just exchanged my first defective unit for, but I haven’t charged it since I got it yesterday, and it refuses to die. Help me.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:39 AM PST

    I've updated multiple apps, used GPS, been on Reddit for a few hours, taken multiple videos, among other things and it's only now at 78%. What is going on?

    I traded in my first iPhone 12 Pro I got 6 days ago because of a myriad of weird issues including crazy rapid battery drain, dropped cell service, overheating, all the typical Apple issues. Needless to say they exchanged it no questions asked and now the only issue I see with this phone is that it came new-in-box with a micro-scratch on the screen about 2mm in length, and the Apple logo seems like it was misprinted three times over, but the battery just refuses to die, and I've only dropped connection once yesterday. Did I get lucky here, or do you think this is only a temporary convenience?

    submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallTwo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is this message popping up way too often? Usually it’s a few times a day but today it appears every 5 minutes

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:32 AM PST

    Use of mobile phones and iOS & applications has become primary requirement for young population

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:14 AM PST

    Recover old iMessages (not backed up)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:45 AM PST

    Hi guys, my girlfriend is trying to recover some messages from her mother who sadly passed away last year, however it only goes back to 2019.

    iMessage backup was not turned on so she can't access them through iCloud.

    I was just wondering if anyone could help with this, or if anyone knows how to get the old messages back.

    I know it would mean so much to her if she could get them back so any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks for any advice in advance :)

    submitted by /u/joyousjabba
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Photos take up so much storage? I have less than 500 in total after clearing most of my gallery.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:39 AM PST

    question regarding lost mode

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:29 AM PST

    I left my phone saturday night at a restaurant and put it on lost mode the next morning. The restaurant does not reopen until tuesday. I need a phone for work so I went to the apple store and bought another iphone hoping to return it when I recovered my lost phone.

    Around the same time that I activated my ATT service on the new phone, it stopped showing its location. Is that possibly because someone took it from the restaurant and turned it off? Or because it stopped having ATT service and GPS once I activated the new phone? Thank you for any information about this.

    submitted by /u/winterpark
    [link] [comments]

    Translate app broken

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:11 AM PST

    I go into the translate app, type in my text of choice, click go, and nothing happens. How do I rectify this?

    submitted by /u/somethenmore
    [link] [comments]

    On and off loop

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:04 AM PST

    Hey my phone keeps shutting off and turning on in a tormenting loop. I cant even backup my files. Help plz?

    submitted by /u/bebo77
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get apps automatically updated even when I restrict download apps by Screen time on iOS?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:59 AM PST

    I'm thinking about getting restriction on downloading apps by using screen time on iOS. I once turned on restriction to see what happen, and App store had gone from a device. So I'm wondering if I can still get apps automatically updated even when I have the restriction. Apps automatically update setting is turned on. (I'm willing to ask my friend to set screen time password for me, so I should not restrict downloading app if I can't get apps updated without entering screentime password)

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/Hakuhyouu
    [link] [comments]

    All photos in iCloud duplicated

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:44 AM PST

    I'm downloading my iCloud photos album to my laptop and every photo is duplicated with an "edited" version. I have realized that all photos can be reverted back to a previous version inside the Photos app. I have never edited anything and this is happening for every single one. Of course my iCloud storage has been consumed like coke. Is there a way to revert all photos to original versions without doing it manually one by one? Thanks

    submitted by /u/gunsnricar
    [link] [comments]

    Minimise / Turn-off chances of data useage

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:09 AM PST

    Hi,

    Bought an iPhone for an older family member so they can video call family abroad. Want to set it up so data useage is minimised / off in the background.

    Have turned off automatic iOS updates and app updates. Location services disabled. Anything else I am missing?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Alivebrush
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 and 12 Pro Camera flickering

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:00 AM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I hope almost everyone are facing flickering issues while shooting videos under artificial lightning conditions like ( florescent and LED) from their new iPhone 12 and 12 Pros. I found that the flickering happening only on the higher FPS like 30fps, 60fps under 4K and under 1080p. (Except 24FPS)

    I think  is going to fix this camera flickering issues in the upcoming iOS update. But just wanted to know whether anyone replaced their iPhones for this particular reason and also wanted to know whether they are facing the same issue even on the replaced devices ?

    The science behind the flickering is the lights turn ON and OFF so fast that our human eye cannot recognise it. But these high end cameras can capture the light in higher FPS than regular 24FPS. But it should be fixed, otherwise all our indoor shootings will be majorly fucked.

    Please drop your views and experiences below. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Ravitejartm
    [link] [comments]

    Can Snapchat and other apps access the files in the files app?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:25 AM PST

    According to spyware . neocities . org the android version of Snapchat asks to see uses files and uploads all files from the phone to Snapchat's servers. IOS does not have such a permission only location, contacts, photos, camera and microphone. Can Snapchat see my files on iOS? Currently I only have photos, camera and microphone turned on. If I have to disable photos is it safe to have it on select photos meaning Snapchat can only share select photos on snap? Also without permission the signal messaging app can access files I select so does this mean signal can see my files at all times?

    submitted by /u/1-1-19
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:58 AM PST

    I have had an iPhone for years, and over the years taken many photos, sent many messages etc aswel as obviously deleting the ones I don't need / want over the years....out of pure curiosity and reading a few things online I downloaded

    Iexplore, Decipher backup browser, Decipher text message.

    I downloaded the back up and loaded them up in each one of these apps...

    Messages that are currently on the phone are displayed in decipher textmessage and when I try to recover old ones it doesn't recover any which is great and what I want!

    When I load up decipher back up browser and open camera roll photos... well on my iPhone it says I have roughly 4500 photos... when I load it in decipher it manages to pull 20,000!!!!!

    Scrolling through I have only managed to open 1 or 2 as I only have the free version of the app but I can see the thumbnails of these photos and some of them should have been deleted YEARS AGO... can anyone help me to understand why this may be? And also can you help me to remove them completely?? Thanks

    I also understand that these photos could be being pulled from another Apple device I own maybe that is logged into the same iCloud account? Would it pull all photos together and place them in one backup?

    submitted by /u/dibz442
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Strava icon missing?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:52 AM PST

    iPhone SE 2020 battery optimization

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Every day i charge my phone at night. Frequently I found the phone at 35% of battery in the morning. If i try to re connect the cable the phone start charging only for 2 second and stops again. I don't know why that happen only in the morning, that could be the battery optimization that calculate my wake up time in wrong way?

    submitted by /u/MasterPen6
    [link] [comments]

    Some apps are gone from sharing suggestions list

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:11 AM PST

    Does anyone else have this issue? I don't know since which version it started. But if I go to Photos app and I click "share" button, I am unable to choose Messanger or Signal app. Even if I click "more" button, those apps are not even in suggestions list. The only way I am able to share an image is if I go to the app and share it from there. I don't have this problem if for example I use share option from Reddit's app.

    submitted by /u/adwinsky
    [link] [comments]

    We multiple instances of apps (don’t confuse with Multi-task)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:53 PM PST

    We need the ability to run two instances of an app in iOS. I don't mean split view, or like how iPad allows you to have two same apps at the same time. I mean like how Samsung allows you to literally have "two Snapchat's" on your phone. That way on one you can have your primary/personal, and second you could have your business one without signing out/in between them.

    submitted by /u/SnooPets2395
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel