• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Apple Help Early 2011 macbook pro usb ports faulty

    Apple Help Early 2011 macbook pro usb ports faulty


    Early 2011 macbook pro usb ports faulty

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:45 AM PST

    I deleted an application but it still says to update it in my App Store

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:44 PM PST

    I'm currently using a Macbook Air running on macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 and it's been bugging me out that when I deleted an application, I can't reinstall it because the Mac App Store just tells me to update the app I deleted.

    Is there any solution to this? I've tried logging out and in multiple times and changing accounts but it still appears in the update corner and won't go back to the cloud or install button.

    submitted by /u/WitchyAdobo
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI Splitter not working with M1 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:19 AM PST

    EDIT: MBP straight into HDMI into DVI adapter works fine.

    I have a new M1 MacBook Pro which when using in my home setup, I connect to an HDMI splitter (linked here). The output of this HDMI splitter is into a monitor with a DVI adapter attached (relatively old monitor). I also have a headphone jack output on the splitter which feeds into some desk speakers.

    When I connect my MBP to the splitter, audio works fine, the monitor appears in the Display Settings > Arrangements tab but I either get a blank screen or NO SIGNAL. Is there anything that can be done? I have read there are complications with the DVI element... Otherwise what kind of splitter will work for what I need.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ejhh97
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse Scroll Wheel On M1 Mac Is Delayed - Tried Multiple Mice

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:27 PM PST

    I've been scratching my head troubleshooting this for over a month and I'm not sure if its normal because this is my first Mac device.

    I've noticed the scroll wheel on my mouse ( I use a Surface mouse) connected to my Mac doesn't work the same as the scroll wheel on my Surface (Surface mouse). Normally, on my Windows devices when you scroll, each click down or up moves it naturally. On the Mac, it's delayed and doesn't recognize the first few scroll clicks or I have to aggressively scroll harder.

    I've tried multiple mice on the Mac and the scroll skipping is the same. Then I tried to adjust it using Steer and USB Overdrive. These didn't fix the scroll feel either. It can adjust the speed but it still misses the scroll clicks. The last thing I've done was adjust the scroll speed to the slowest which helped slightly.

    I'm confused if this is normal because of the way the Magic Mouse works with the scrolling inertia. I bought the Magic Mouse 2 but I didn't find it ergonomic or comfortable as traditional mice. I've read others use the Logitech MX Master but I don't know if this will solve the scroll problem.

    submitted by /u/234143214
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 2018 very random glitches after closing it without shutting down

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:41 PM PST

    No idea what has happened to my camera role, any ideas?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:49 PM PST

    How to tell if someone blocked me?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:42 PM PST

    How do you tell if someone has blocked you on iMessage? Bc I made someone mad and they unadded me on Snapchat and blocked me on insta. I think they blocked my number too bc it never delivere yesterday but I checked this morning and it says delivered now, how do I know if they've blocked me?

    submitted by /u/Chanceh1997
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 questions

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:33 PM PST

    I've some questions for fellow iPhone 11 users.

    So I wanted to gauge how good the battery is. I'm very paranoid about batteries as I haven't had much luck in the past. I think it's around 40% to 80% is where you should charge you phone I believe.

    So I monitored how long my phone would last from a charge. So I charged up to 80% and used my phone on 50% brightness and just used apps like Facebook Twitter Snapchat etc. By the time I got the phone back down to 40% it was just over 3 hours. Is this good for an 11? I've seen some ridiculous reports of phones last longer and I'm wondering am I missing out or is my battery like everyone else's.

    And also my battery health has gone from 88% to 83% in a month. (I got the phone a month ago already down on 88%). Is this a cause for concern.

    Thanks in advance for helping!

    submitted by /u/44MsA
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change the password with another apple id in the same family sharing as mine?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:10 PM PST

    Is there a way to change the password with another apple id in the same family sharing as mine?

    submitted by /u/wujufication
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t Open Files In Google Drive

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:16 PM PST

    So I decided to give the apple mouse a try and bought one today. Connected it to my MacBook Pro and tried it out. I decided I didn't really need it so I'm returning it. But now whenever I go into google drive to do school work I can't open any files or folders using the built in track pad. Any help or info on why this could be happening would be greatly appreciated. I need to access my files for school work and this is my only computer.

    submitted by /u/zach0630
    [link] [comments]

    Once its past processing and says preparing to ship its 100 percent guaranteed to ship correct?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:04 PM PST

    iPad Air charging/lightning issue

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:02 PM PST

    Hi All,

    My iPad Air A1475 won't charge any more, when lightning cable is connected nothing happened, before I was able to charge my iPad only at night when iPad was turned off, now is not working at all. I've changed battery for new, I've tried on different apple chargers and also with iMAC and MBP-nothing happened. Even hard reset couldn't help.

    My knowledge telling me this can be Tristar issue but maybe someone had same problem? and can help with some ideas.

    Thank you for any help and suggestions.

    submitted by /u/mike_gb
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop iTunes from re-syncing more songs than I put onto my iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:38 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 11. I occasionally download informational videos to my PC, remove the video portion in Premiere Pro and export as an .mp3 to put onto my iPhone to listen. For some reason, even though I'm only adding one "song" to my iPhone, iTunes also re-syncs 167 other songs which are already on my phone. How can I stop iTunes from doing that?

    submitted by /u/jon_D14
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s not working

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 6s 32GB on iOS 14 and recently while I was using it the phone froze for 10-15 minutes and I couldn't press or interact with the phone at all or with the power/volume/home buttons. After that it shut down. Whenever I now try to turn it on it shows the Apple white boot screen and then goes to a black screen (the screen is on, but showing black.). I tried connecting the phone to iTunes and press restore iPhone (as I cannot update it) and it completes the extracting software stage but as soon as it does it gives a "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. The device could not be found.". Sometimes it goes through to "preparing to restore" and "waiting for iPhone" but goes to a "This iPhone could not be restored. A unknown error occured (4013). Is it my iTunes or my device itself? Should I take it to Apple? Are there any ways to fix this?

    submitted by /u/adan11_
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Mac Suddenly Having Wifi Issues While Connected

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:04 PM PST

    Hey guys, my M1 Mac Mini out of nowhere started to have this issue where it can connect to my wifi networks, but it will be unable to upload and download things. Even with a wired connection, it does not allow traffic. Has this issue happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/sellosolde
    [link] [comments]

    Advice On Buying an Older, 32bit Machine

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:29 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm a creative who is interested in buying a second, older MacBook Pro for using Adobe CS6 32bit applications (I'd rather buy a set of Adobe CS6 install disks over paying for an Adobe creative cloud subscription for programs I don't use regularly).

    Is there a certain pre-Catalina MacBook Pro I should look for? I'm interested in as much processing power and graphics performance as possible for an older machine. My budget is about $500 but I'm comfortable replacing HDD, RAM, battery myself if needed.

    Are there any issues with older MacOS versions and SSDs?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/maxmfoto
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to undo without shaking? (iOS 12)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:07 PM PST

    Is there a way to undo on ios 12 for example a text in the note app without constantly shaking the phone?

    I know you can turn it off „Shake to undo" in the settings but who can I undo things then?

    submitted by /u/Mezzquit
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding backup images.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:04 PM PST

    So, I have made a backup image of my data (dmg file) through recovery mode due to some issues with no disk space thanks to the Big Sur update.

    How will I be able to access my data with this dmg file? I plan on erasing the hard drive, so I want to make sure I'm able to access my data again somehow through this backup image.

    submitted by /u/errortechx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for best solution to download CDs to MacBook Pro 2020 version

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Currently using Catalina. Looking for best option to be able to download cds to my computer, have read mixed reviews on apples SuperDrive and wanting recommendations. From what I understand a generic external cd reader is not compatible due to insufficient power source from the usb. Correct me if wrong, just wanting to buy the best option if any.

    submitted by /u/beequirk22
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro . 2020, luma fusion, youtube, mesh router, speed?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:55 PM PST

    I have a iPad Pro 2020 and I'm having trouble uploading my luma fusion games big file (35 minutes) up to youtube. I can get them up from another location(work) but I want to do it from home. I have over 600 videos uploaded from my home over the years all wirelessly, so I know how to do it. So I'm trying to check my WiFi. (Links wire mesh) I did a speed check on my WiFi, now I'm trying to hook it up with an either net cable to my iPad Pro. I'm using a hub. My question, do I need to change a setting to make it work with cable (hub)? The reason ask is after I hooked up to hub my speed reading didn't change. My next step will be to go to Best Buy and but a dongle to connect directly. Any help would be helpful, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Significant-Ad-7610
    [link] [comments]

    Server error when trying to reset password on imac

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    I've got an imac which has been in storage for the last couple of years. Turned it on, then realised I have no idea what the password is. Followed the steps to reset the password (as I've done in the past with a macmini I have), but no joy. I do not get this image...

    What you should see when you're resetting your password through Utilities > Terminal

    Instead I'm seeing this...

    What I'm seeing when trying to reset my password

    When I enter a new password, I get this...

    The error I receive when trying to reset my password. Apple seems to think I'm trying to sign in.

    So what's the server error? And although at the top of the screen it says "Reset Password" and "If you can't log in to your computer because you forgot your password, you can reset it now," it appears to think I'm trying to sign in, given the error message ("Try signing in again.") That's a bit of a mixed message.

    I tried putting in the password to my at me dot com account, but that didn't work (which I thought it wouldn't, but right now, I'm trying everything, you know?). I haven't forgotten my Apple ID or Apple ID password, so I'm not going down that rabbit hole of pain.

    The computer isn't connected to the internet, because I can't log in to set up an internet connection, so is it that? Am I just screwed from the get go? If there were a way to connect to an active internet connection, would that help? And if you think it would, how would I do that when I can't get into the computer?

    I poked around the internets and someone said they had a problem with an older mac that hadn't been turned on in a while, and they suggested the date needed to be reset. I check the date, sure enough it was displaying 2000 as the year. I updated that, so now the date is correct. Still no joy.

    If I have to, I'll look into how I wipe the whole thing and start again. The only thing on there I really care about is the iTune library, but I guess I can live without that now. However, before I go down that bumpy road of inevitable but somehow different path of pain, I thought I'd ask people with more know-how and patience than I have. I thank you in advance for any advice/help you can give me.

    On the off-chance it helps, here's what Terminal tells me, throughout the process of having tried what I've described above.

    Terminal. Exactly how I feel right now.

    Thanks again.

    submitted by /u/THATMD
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding backups in recovery mode.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    So I have recently updated my 2013 MacBook Air to Big Sur, though throughout the update process it ran out of disk space, so now I'm stuck with no space left.

    After some reading I decided that I would make a backup image of all my data and then erase the hard drive, though, I have a few questions regarding that.

    Is there a way I can get only certain bits of data from the backup image, or is it an all or nothing type deal? I know that the backup image is just one big file, and you essentially have to take all the files out from it to access it.

    submitted by /u/errortechx
    [link] [comments]

    I have HAD IT with the terrible multi monitor support in Big Sur

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:26 PM PST

    I don't remember it being this damn awful in past versions.

    I have a 3 displays, and 1 mirrors to my 4k TV in the other room. Anytime I use the Arrangement feature that's built in, it splits the mirrored displays up. Alright, just mirror again in the dropdown. As soon as I do that, it drops the scaling to the lowest setting. Alright, turn it up again. Then it moves the displays to the wrong arrangement. No big deal, move the 3rd display back. Then every time without fail, it splits the displays again. And I'm back to step 1.

    I then have to perform some seemingly random assortment of the above steps until it magically gets it right. And don't even get me started on how if you move a display in Arrangements to the "wrong" spot, it goes back to where it was and has to refresh all displays. So I get it lined up just right and it moves everything where it wants them.

    Any 3rd party tools to manage multiple displays or other ideas?

    submitted by /u/Bigmealplantime
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Magsafe Magnet Shifted?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:04 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    This may sound weird but the magnet on the magsafe port of my 2015 macbook pro 13" feels like its been shifted or something? The cable connects to it very weakly.

    I thought at first it may be the cable so I connected my cable to another 2015 macbook pro in the house and the connection snaps on strong. I used the other magsafe charger cable and connected it to my laptop and its really weak. Any slight movement will disconnect the cable immediately. It still charges fine but is annoying if I use my laptop while charging it.

    Any idea on whats up? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Voda14
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if you can’t access your Apple account if the only devices that would be used for two factor identification are inaccessible.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:15 PM PST

    A little while ago I lost my iPhone 2020 CE and Apple Watch in a boat accident. With no way to retrieve either device, I bought a new phone. And so, I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the two factor Identification access my old Apple ID in order to retrieve my photos from iCloud.

    submitted by /u/Ecstatic_Experience2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel