• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    macOS Ok I get that the diagonal line is over the length of the whole icon, but did you really have to make ever line over a different angle?

    macOS Ok I get that the diagonal line is over the length of the whole icon, but did you really have to make ever line over a different angle?


    Ok I get that the diagonal line is over the length of the whole icon, but did you really have to make ever line over a different angle?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:59 AM PST

    FYI Reddit actually runs smoothly in Safari Technology Preview 118

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:52 AM PST

    What kind of UI is this?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:27 PM PST

    Recreated icon of Creative Convert

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:17 AM PST

    Any programs that will let me disable Discrete GPU like GFX?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:10 AM PST

    GFX doesn't work for doing so. Tried using an older version. It states that my Mac only has "one GPU" despite having two. Basically I can't turn on integrated only, and my Mac still crashes if I try.

    Need help. Don't want my 2013 Mac to go to waste. Can't do any terminal/file based changes because I don't know the file name of my NVIDIA GeForce 650.

    submitted by /u/YaBoiMirakek
    [link] [comments]

    Clicking the desktop doesn’t bring Finder to the front anymore -- What setting did I change?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:59 PM PST

    My brothers computer has done this and I don’t know how to fix it. Please help

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    Big Sur still bricking older Macbook Pros? Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch Early 2015

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:31 PM PST

    Currently have a Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch Early 2015 and haven't updated OSX in ages.. Just kept putting it off and here we are. I've been running El Capitan since I got the laptop in late 2015. Did some research and saw that Big Sur's been bricking some older Macbook models like the 2013 and 2014, sometimes the 2015s..

    Has it been long enough that it's been sorted out, and worth updating from El Cap? I'm realizing Big Sur will likely be the last update before they phase out 2015s for new OSX eligibility, which is why I'm thinking it may be a good idea to upgrade it now.

    submitted by /u/here2learntings
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to see battery percentage without clicking on the icon on Big Sur?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:28 AM PST

    Just a minor inconvenience but still

    submitted by /u/BillTheRedneck52
    [link] [comments]

    Why Can't I Find Anything?!?!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:32 PM PST

    Using Catalina and cannot find the files or folders I'm searching for in Finder or in Spotlight. Once I dig through my hard drives I am able to see the file/folders but I have to go digging. I type the exact name of the file/folder into Finder or Spotlight again and it does not show. This never happened in older versions of the MacOS. Is there something I can do or download to help?

    submitted by /u/SicklyManMagazine
    [link] [comments]

    There is nothing left. ��

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:15 PM PST

    Hi Guys, I have MacMini M1, I am facing this previewing issues with .mov files. Screen recordings and any .mov file. When i press Spacebar i see a quicklook like this image. Can anyone guide me how to fix this ?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:20 PM PST

    Deny a previously allowed Mac extension (High Sierra)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    I granted permissions to an extension, due to the installation of a program to try to recover lost/deleted files. Now I have uninstalled the program and I would like to deny the previous permissions, but it seems that there is no way to do this. I saw that in Big Sur there are functionalities to disable extensions (https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/mchl8baf92fe/mac), but unfortunately I'm on High Sierra: is there any equivalent functionality that I could use to revoke a previous permission granted?

    submitted by /u/sr1921
    [link] [comments]

    anybody having this super high CPU usage on Control Center?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:11 PM PST

    Is the "Time Remaining" in Activity Monitor accurate?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:03 PM PST

    I bought Microsoft 365 subscription which isn't available

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:41 PM PST

    Hi.

    Today I was trying to install Excel from App Store.

    Everything was okay, until I realized that I forgot my Microsoft password and I can't get it till Monday, so I clicked on 1-month free trial to use it with different account.

    After process app redirected me to iCloud Subscriptions, I had to confirm my bank details, so I did it.

    Now I can see in Subscriptions "Microsoft 365 Personal" and it's available till next month.

    The problem is, that I can't login into app to use it.

    I was trying to use my email connected with Apple ID, and few different mails, which I was trying to use while subscribe process. No-one works. I can login, but I'm getting a message that there's no subscriptions connected with my account.

    It's really weird, because when I logged using this details on my iPhone to excel, it does work.

    Does anyone know, how can I realize this trial? Is there a different login website for Apple ID/Sign with Apple ID users?

    Thanks a lot! Have a great day guys.

    submitted by /u/ogrudy78
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for a free antivirus program that can do individual file scans?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:04 PM PST

    I've been using Avira antivirus but there was an update and it no longer does individual file scans. They say they are working on it and blame it on Big Sur, but it's been over a month and still no fix. Are there any other recommended free antivirus programs that will do individual file scans?

    submitted by /u/kodiuser
    [link] [comments]

    Need your help with volume control for system, apps, and devices

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:08 PM PST

    Hi all, I'm on a 2017 iMac with Mojave installed. Here's my situation that I would love the correct advice on how to manage these variables best.

    I have 3 options for listening to sound: a bluetooth speaker, bluetooth headphones, and internal speakers

    I have 4 things to listen to sound from: system sounds, MS Teams meetings app, Pandora app, browser window for Spotify

    - I have sensitive hearing and prefer my sound volume to be pretty darn low

    - Through internal speakers, I keep the volume to 1 or 2 squares for my system sounds

    - I have Pandora and Spotify volume sliders most of the way down

    - When I use headphones or external speaker, I need to turn my system volume up several squares but the system sounds are still a lot louder than music volume

    Anyone have thoughts on how to manage this? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Artistic_Appeal
    [link] [comments]

    Where is this notification coming from?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    Hi team,

    I got this notification from safari even though I have safari notifications turned off. Does anyone know what program is issuing this and if it is possible to turn them off?

    https://imgur.com/a/CeVZcrg

    submitted by /u/duquesne419
    [link] [comments]

    Macos M1 reinstall everything automatically + ntfs support ?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    hi all

    How do you do to reinstall your Mac m1 but with everything on it ? like all the apps (office, creative cloud, somes apps, etc...)

    I come from the Windows world, and we can do that, especially with intune and autopilot. or we have some tools like ninite, patchmypc, chocolatey,.....

    i've seen some programes on Macs (like Jamf, or MDS) but

    • for Jamf, you need a ABM (apple business Manager or school) account.
    • for MDS, it doesn't work with M1 (the install everything part)

    I saw here and there that some of you are talking about homebrew. Maybe a solution like chocolatey in windows world to reinstall all the programs ? I tried homebrew, but i was getting nowhere....

    do you have others solutions that does not require an ABM account ? like ninite or patchmypc ? (commande lines are not my friend :-( )

    Also, how do you do to have access to ntfs (read / write) ? i tried multiple programs (paragon, iboysoft, and macfuse+ntfs-3g (with homebrew) but....nothing works.

    Thanks :-)

    ps : sorry for my english (not my mother tongue !)

    submitted by /u/doudoufr
    [link] [comments]

    Odd Sound Effects in Mac OS

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:29 PM PST

    Edit: After notice a lag in one of my keyboard input sources, I restarted the machine thinking the sound effects had something to do with that, and it fixed the issue. I'd like to still understand the explanation if anyone has any.

    For some reason I am hearing sound effects whenever I use a few combinations with the Command key. These combinations, as far as I know, are Cmd+1/2/3/etc. (any numeric key for when I'm switching tabs in Chrome or Safari), Cmd+R, Cmd+X, Cmd+W, Shift+Cmd+T.

    This is recent, as I don't recall ever hearing these sounds. I checked my Preferences > Sound and I didn't have anything in there checked (no user interface sound effects, no feedback when volume is changed).

    The odd thing is it's not every key combination. I've tried a few others also with the Cmd key but there's no sound effect for those (Cmd+T, Cmd+C/V/Z, Cmd+Space, Ctrl+Cmd+C). This seems to be software-agnostic, since the sound effects are heard in Chrome, Safari and Twitter.

    I can't figure out what the pattern here and so don't know how to trace the source. My laptop is 13" MBP 2015 running Big Sur 11.0.1. This just happened today. Does anyone know what this could be?

    submitted by /u/snomec
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Recovery Fails

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:36 PM PST

    Hello

    I erased my whole sdd for clean install. Now i wanted to install again thru internet recovery but i keep getting the error code -2003f with a warning globe sign.

    Can u help me fix this?

    I made a bootable drive before the erasing of my ssd with catalina.

    I got 2020macbook pro intel

    submitted by /u/maracaibu
    [link] [comments]

    Lost text file on crash (High Sierra and atom editor)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:36 PM PST

    I was working hard on a text file using the atom editor. My computer crashed and, on rebooting, the text file was empty (zero bytes). It had contents before and I saved the file just a few minutes before the crash but now all seems to be gone. I have lost a lot of work. Probably this is due to some big issue with Atom, but is there anything I can try to see if the contents of the text fil are available/recoverable somewhere in the Mac System? I have High Sierra, and I have no contents in Time Machine related to this particular file.

    I already tried with TextEdit reverting to a previous version but it says that there are no previous versions available.

    Thank you for any suggestion.

    submitted by /u/sr1921
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel