• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    iPhone Phone gets hot

    iPhone Phone gets hot


    Phone gets hot

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:03 AM PST

    I just switched to IOS for the first time and i got the Iphone 12. When I'm charging it its hot up until around 60%. Im using a 18W charger from cellularline. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/LaMbADa_BG
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage Question

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:10 PM PST

    Is sending iMessages to myself (ie- my own number) safe or could anyone else somehow access it? I sometimes iMessage myself to remind myself of a password or important date vs my notes app, but am wondering if that is a security risk? Only I use my iCloud account and I only have iMessages on my iPhone, don't have my Mac synced up. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/underwaterblanket
    [link] [comments]

    Return of the Dead (swiped)- Notifications

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:45 PM PST

    Has anyone seen this on their iPhone? You swipe away a notification (say, a shortcuts automation notification or an app alert), only to have it/them re-surface hours later for no apparent reason. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of this issue? Many thanks.

    iPhone 12PM running 14.3

    submitted by /u/DMZhu
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPhone X hacked and got a virus or not?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:28 PM PST

    Yesterday afternoon one of my friends messaged me with a YouTube video called 'it's you'

    I quickly swiped off and deleted my search history and website data. I entered no details but I'm worried in case my phone has been hacked.

    Has my iPhone been hacked and got a virus?

    submitted by /u/SnooPaintings2319
    [link] [comments]

    Leather case stretches?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:41 PM PST

    I would like to know if the case stretches over time, and if removing it and putting it back on sometimes will make it get loose over time. If it happens in the first year is it warranty protected? Or is it seen as "bad use/misuse"?

    submitted by /u/D1VE72
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 vs 12 mini?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    Is it even still worth buying an 11 in 2021? I want to buy it because it's purple, but it's the same price as the 12 mini, along with the fact that the 12 mini is tiny, which I like. Which phone is the better value?

    submitted by /u/MidnightMascara
    [link] [comments]

    My phone died while backing up to the computer, can I retrieve the partial backup somehow

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:05 PM PST

    most, if not all, my contacts are deleted among other things, but it's gonna be a real pain if I have to manually retype each contact. I don't have a cloud backup either. I was backing up via USB to iTunes on my pc. Is there any way to recover the backup from my pc or is it lost forever?

    submitted by /u/joshd523
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with error playing in video on iPhone!!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:35 PM PST

    I have this one screen recorded video from a while ago. I need it and click to play Josef on iPhone on bottom right corner there's an exclamation point (!) that says error in loading higher quality video and the video doesn't play. How should I go about fixing this? I can't even email the video to myself to try to fix on my laptop!

    submitted by /u/newyorklife22
    [link] [comments]

    All media not playing?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:15 PM PST

    No YouTube videos, Reddit videos, or Spotify songs will play. I have already restarted, updated, and deleted/reinstalled anything that isn't working. My wifi is working, my cellular service is working. I have an iPhoneXR on the latest update. Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/apie99
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for my neighbors to eavesdrop with their police scanner I have an 11

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:04 PM PST

    3D Touch not working after breaking back glass.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    The other day my iPhone XS fell off my bed and the back glass cracked a bit, the actual screen isn't broken at all yet my 3D Touch has stopped working. I've been through the settings and I can't seem to figure out the problem, maybe I missed something? Could something have shaken out of place or something when it fell? It's getting quite annoying so any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/JustinStrize
    [link] [comments]

    White dotted lines on pictures from front camera, anyone else had this?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:11 PM PST

    iPhone 12 Pro Max, Just noticed that my front-facing camera is showing a horizontal dotted white line in the centre, and a vertical solid white line that's less visible. Appears on both standard and wide angle, restart not helped, no drop/damage at all to phone. example picture

    Not sure if it's software issue or manufacturing defect?

    submitted by /u/visible_Ace
    [link] [comments]

    Record video on Iphone and save it directly on PC

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:15 PM PST

    Record video from iphone and save it direclty on PC

    Hello everyone.

    I want to record long videos with my Iphone but I need to save it on my PC since my phone doesn't have enough space (especially for 4k videos..)

    I don't own a Mac and need a way to do it on Windows 10 I know MAc users have a way to do it with Quicktime and was wondering if there is a similar solution for Windows, please?

    I have searched countless times on google but can't seem to find anything...

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/vaanolion
    [link] [comments]

    I can't send things to non Apple users when I don't have service but I still have a WiFi connection, but I can send things just fine to Apple users when I have no service but a WiFi connection

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:38 PM PST

    Also when I can send it takes forever or doesn't go through, anyone else have this issue

    submitted by /u/matt12992
    [link] [comments]

    Safari freezing issue

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:53 PM PST

    This was happening with my iPad and I thought it was because I was due for a clean install, it's been a couple of years. I reset a password the other day and when I clicked on the link in the reset email Safari opened as per usual but I can't input anything. It freezes. Power cycling the device didn't do anything closing and reopening safari didn't do anything, doing a clean install and not importing the backup did not do anything. I just tried it on my phone and had the same problem so I'm wondering if it's the latest iOS update as opposed to me. I have an iPad mini 5 and an iPhone XR. Both have the latest updates for apps and OS.

    submitted by /u/angelcake
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications unreliable after upgrading to new iPhone

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:35 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I just upgraded to iPhone 12, doing a device-to-device migration. After that, some of my apps stopped sending notifications – despite notifications being set up properly, verifying DND is turned off, opening and closing the app, logging out and in where applicable, reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, etc.

    Some other apps that did send notifications wouldn't light up the Lock Screen; I would only know about the notifications if I actively tapped my phone awake.

    Before I venture down the road of restoring from (iCloud) backup or starting with a completely clean phone, I decided to see if resetting all settings would work. It seemed to help some: Messages and WhatsApp, for example, are pushing notifications as expected. But (at least) Apple News isn't working properly yet – the notifications come but won't wake up the Lock Screen. Such notifications won't chime either.

    Before I restore from backup, which I would really like to avoid, do you all have any other ideas to get my notifications working proper again?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/richmlw
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone or Battery Replacement?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Question at bottom of post.

    Currently have an iPhone 6s 128GB running iOS 14.2. Purchased (rather given to me as a gift) new in the box Christmas 2017. I think my device was manufactured 2nd half of 2015 according to the serial number.

    Battery is toast. 79% battery capacity. Warnings in battery health, etc. It's at the point where it's annoying to maintain the battery.

    Should I replace the battery or get a new device? Basically, is an older 6s device even going to hold a decent charge with a brand new battery?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Timely_Argument
    [link] [comments]

    New IPhone 12 Pro Max is stuck on apple logo less than 24 hours after purchase

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Bought a new IPhone 12 Pro Max today and plugged into my MacBook Pro to charge. I synced my iTunes to it like I always do with my previous iPhones. The next thing I is see is a black screen and an apple logo that will flash every min or two. Tried the method of pressing the volume buttons before pressing holding on the right button but it's not working.

    Every time when the apple logo flashes before me it's as if it's mockingly reminding me that I literally just spent $900 on this 😭

    Will go down to the apple store tomorrow to see what can they do about it. I didn't drop the phone at all. I know there's a 1 year warranty (excluding human error) but part of me is really worried that I'll have to fork out more money to get this matter resolved.

    Am I screwed?

    Edit: It's still flashing after an hour fuck me

    submitted by /u/helpme7700
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Snapchat

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:38 PM PST

    Hey guys I have a problem with Snapchat, since this morning I can't open it, it appears just a black screen with a grey line on the top. I upgraded it, and upgraded the IPhone, I restarted it several times but it still goes like that. Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/blueberrysir
    [link] [comments]

    Passcode Software Or Hacks

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:11 PM PST

    Anyone know of any passcode software I can use to remove a passcode from my phone? I just need to get the data off of it, pictures, videos.

    submitted by /u/shutterxflash
    [link] [comments]

    Restored new phone from iCloud backup but forgot to include photos

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:12 PM PST

    I bought an IPhone X and restored it from a fresh backup I did this morning from my old iPhone 6s. However I didn't realize that camera roll wasn't included in the iCloud backup and so I don't have my photos on my new phone but I have everything else. Is there a way to share them or transfer them from my old phone (where they still are) to my new phone without resetting it and restoring it from new again? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/abadguy87
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR not receiving texts from a couple of people

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:53 PM PST

    I am having an unusual problem. I have an iPhone XR on Verizon Prepaid. My wife has a Moto G Power on Republic Wireless. My mother also has a Motorola phone on Republic Wireless. I am unable to receive texts from my wife or my mother. I can send texts to them and they receive them. I can call them or they can call me and that works fine. When they send a text it looks like it goes through on their end but I never receive it. My brother also has a Motorola phone on republic wireless and I receive texts from him without any issue. We have another phone at our house on Republic wireless that we call our "home" phone because the number used to be used with a landline but is now a cellular phone number. I also receive texts without issue from that phone. I also receive texts without issue from my son's phone (a Samsung on Sprint), my daughters phone (an Android phone on AT&T), and many other people. I have checked and couldn't find any reason that my wife or mom had become accidently blocked. My wife and my mom are not aware of any issues texting to anyone else. My wife frequently texts other people with iPhones and doesn't have any issues. I have tried rebooting all of the phones. I have tried toggling the WiFi on and off. I have tried with iMessage turned on and with it off on my phone. I was previously with a carrier called Red Pocket when I first noticed this issue. I spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue and talking to text support. I eventually switched to Verizon thinking the problem would resolve, but it did not. While with Red Pocket I put my SIM card in my old Motorola phone and the texts all came through immediately. I also tried switching SIM cards with my nephew as a test. He also has an iPhone XR. When I switched I then received text on my iPhone, but using his SIM card. I switched my SIM card back and I did not receive texts from my wife or mom. I did a "Reset All Settings" on my phone but that didn't help. I switched to Verizon, but that didn't help. I hooked the phone to my computer and did a complete restore using iTunes (didn't use any backups, just started new) and that didn't help. I'm running out of ideas. Logic tells me:

    - Switched my SIM to a Motorola phone and texts came through from my wife and mom so problem must be with iPhone

    - Switched SIM with my nephew who also has iPhone XR and then MY phone (using my nephew's SIM) would receive texts from wife and mom so problem must NOT be with iPhone

    - Switched to different carrier and problem persists so problems must NOT be related to my carrier

    - Completed restored iPhone and problem persists so must not be related to software or settings on the phone.

    Notice how the first and second test and conclusions resulting completely contradict each other. I must be missing something. I bought the iPhone recently from Amazon as a "Renewed" phone. My wife is using a phone that I was using prior to that. After my wife and I were both on our "new" phones, she successfully sent some texts to me. A day or two later I quit being able to receive texts from her. My mom has been using the same phone and carrier for more than two years. I haven't found anyone else that I am having an issue receiving texts from, but I couldn't say for certain that it is isolated to these two phones. I can say that I know for certain that I am able to receive texts from many people.

    submitted by /u/Alert-Chemist4373
    [link] [comments]

    Can I tell if screen is fake?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:33 PM PST

    Hello I recently purchased iPhone XS Max used . Diagnostics from Apple came fine. I wonder is there an option to know if screen was ever changed ? Or a fake screen was installed instead ?

    submitted by /u/Sharrps
    [link] [comments]

    Can't redeem AppleTV+

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:56 AM PST

    Hi! I just got my new 12 Mini, and I wanted to redeem the free year of Apple TV+. It prompts me to set up a payment method, so I fill out my credit card details, after which I need to verify with my banking app and confirm the payment of 0 euros. However, when I then go back to the Apple TV app, it's just back at the homepage again... Setting up the payment happens in one of those pop up windows that disappear after switching out locking.

    What's up with this? Is there somewhere I can pre-set a payment method or something? Seems like this stuff is supposed to be tested by Apple.

    submitted by /u/RedskinWashingtons
    [link] [comments]

    Do you still get an error message if you change your iPhone battery in a non official Apple Store?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:42 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 8 Plus with under 80% of battery health. Is already asking me for a new battery to keep the performance of the phone.

    Due to the COVID-19, I find hard to go to an official Apple Store. They're still closed here.

    If I change myself the battery or with a non-Apple technician, will I get an error message for using a non-official battery?

    submitted by /u/JayRosDJ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel