• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    iPhone Why does iPhone screen time is over 8 hours but the total sum of each individual app is a little over 3 hours?

    iPhone Why does iPhone screen time is over 8 hours but the total sum of each individual app is a little over 3 hours?


    Why does iPhone screen time is over 8 hours but the total sum of each individual app is a little over 3 hours?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:57 PM PST

    My screen time according to settings is 8 hours 33 minutes on average everyday however the total sum of each app that appears there is around 3 hours 15 min.

    I definitely do not spend 8 hours on my phone, I FaceTime my boyfriend everyday for a long time (between 5-8 hours everyday) but as far as I know FaceTime doesn't count as screen time.

    Edit: I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max if it matters.

    submitted by /u/fitinthemaking
    [link] [comments]

    What’s eating my battery running in the BG?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:46 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/bCmfXKi

    As you can see, on Christmas Eve my battery was used heavily by the background. Almost 7 hours. However, none of the apps are reporting heavy background usage. Why would this be?

    submitted by /u/n_alvarez2007
    [link] [comments]

    What was this strange notification?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:54 PM PST

    I left my phone open on a tiktok video while I left to go do something and when I returned, I noticed that the video had paused and my screen was about 80% filled with a notification unlike anything I had ever seen before. It looked like the notification pop up was in dark mode with a black background even though my phone is on light mode and had a regular text message bubble in the middle of the black background you would get in the message app in that greyish colour from the sender but I have no idea why the whole screen got taken up by it.

    It was talking about how I received an SMS message about some employment opportunities and to call some number if interested with a whole block of text that I didn't read and I quickly dismissed it thinking it was a scam (which it was).

    When I pulled down my notifications, I could not find the message anywhere, not in my messages app or any other messaging app that I had on my phone, including social medias and tiktok. I even checked the message app on my macbook and it wasn't there either.

    It was just rather strange how the notification was in dark mode and forced me to click out of it before I could return to my phone. I don't have any notifications on my phone that enable anything but banners and it was different than the usual Amber Alert notifications that I get (those are on banner mode too). I've never seen a persistent almost full screen notification before and I know what expanded long messages from notification centre look like and this definitely wasn't it. I wish I had taken a screenshot but I dismissed it before I could even think to do so.

    I've scoured the internet and couldn't find anything similar to what I received. What was that and should I be worried?

    iPhone XS Max ios 14.2

    submitted by /u/veiledge
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X screen randomly goes black

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    I recently bought an iPhone X and after 3 days the screen started going black randomly but the phone is still on it stilll vibrated and plays music but the screen is black, is their a fix to this and would it be expensive , I contacted the seller but he said it was my problem

    submitted by /u/coolteito82
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s multiple issues

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:02 PM PST

    EDIT: no longer multiple issues as I've found permanent solutions for em, but the power button doesn't work at all

    submitted by /u/27WOWZER
    [link] [comments]

    Huge black pixels glitch on iPhone XS screen

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:58 PM PST

    Recently I have bought a renewed iPhone XS at Amazon. After using it for a week I started noticing that dark gray and black colors started to glitch (large and asymmetrical areas of pixels started to appear) not showing right how they should be. I tried hard reset but it didn't work for me. Should I pay for a new screen for this iPhone, what causes such problems? I would really appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/a_agaba1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 turning off alarms by itself

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:52 PM PST

    I've had this problem before and I just assumed that I had slept through it but after setting seven alarms last night I wake up late without any of them going off. When I checked my alarms they were all turned off. I know that they turned off by themselves, and there was no way that I somehow turned them off with Siri or something in my sleep. Is anyone having the same problem because this has been going on for a very long time and I rely on my alarm to wake up

    submitted by /u/lousyrookmain
    [link] [comments]

    is my iphone infected with a virus?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:44 PM PST

    Hi so basically I was looking through my dms on instagram and i accidentally clicked on a link someone sent me. (I sound like an old person) Anyway, it took me to a website and I obviously exited out right away. After it happened though my phone started glitching and it froze for like 2 minutes. It then restarted and it is perfectly fine now. Is there anything I should be worried about? Or is it maybe because it recognized a threat that it was trying to restart that whole time.

    submitted by /u/michaelj022077033
    [link] [comments]

    App for checking an iPhone

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Hi, I wanna buy a sh phone for a family member and I was wondering if its an app out there for this job.

    submitted by /u/BSebi
    [link] [comments]

    Fake iPhone Battery Health

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:56 AM PST

    My sibling has an iPhone 7 and it is 4 years old. But the weird thing is the battery health is still 100%. It brought it to a pop up store with replenish battery health I didn't know what it was but i bought the service. They open the her phone and inserted the cable of the battery to a small device and somehow the battery health returned to 100%. Now my question is how do i know what is the real battery health and how do i know when to replace the battery???

    submitted by /u/Ancient_Fail1313
    [link] [comments]

    AV adapter not working with HDMI

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:35 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.3. I am trying to mirror my phone onto my LG tv through an Apple lightning AV adapter using an HDMI cord. I recently purchased the adapter refurbished from a very reputable seller on eBay out of New York, US, who I've purchased from before and who offers 30 day warranties on everything (in other words i didn't buy it from some random guy who just joined last month and has no feedback and is selling counterfeit adapters). I sent them a message regarding the problem but it is the weekend and I haven't heard back. I have been trying to stream a mobile game to the TV (tried AirPlay but it lags and I've heard people have success with the AV adapter). It's frustrating because I originally bought an Apple TV to do this and the seller took 8 days to send it, it arrived 7 days after that and by the time I bought this adapter and it finally arrived, I am going on 3 weeks of trying to resolve this issue. So it's a bummer that this too doesn't work. I will share my message to the seller with my attempts at resolving the issue in case anyone here can help me:

    Hi, This HDMI AV adapter i bought to work with my iPhone 11 Pro Max w/ iOS 14.3 isn't working. I tested the HDMI cable and it works fine. I've unplugged the HDMI cable from the tv, from the adapter and the adapter from the phone multiple times to reset it. I've restarted the TV several times. I tried the adapter with another phone on iOS 14. I also tried it on yet again another phone with iOS 12. I gently cleaned off the contacts. I tried it on another tv (LG smart TV). Nothing works. Most of the time the phone is not even recognizing it and if it does, it recognizes it briefly with the blue indicator and then it stops. I've been able to get it to come up on the TV a couple of times briefly but then it stops working. When I plug in a charger to the adapter, the charge is recognized immediately on all phones so there is no issue there. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions, otherwise I guess I would just like to return it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kptins
    [link] [comments]

    How do a block all emails from texting me

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Some how wife has gotten onto someone's list.

    Each day she gets a fishing text from an email with 18 other people added. All phone numbers get blocked but the email changes every time so can't just block it.

    So how do I block all emails from sending a text to block this.

    https://imgur.com/a/XWWwgwR

    submitted by /u/mettsfan85
    [link] [comments]

    Can we backup phone data from a locked iPhone?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:20 PM PST

    I recently locked myself out of my iPhone and do not vividly recall any conscious effort to backup my data. However, all my photos were backed up, just the notes and voice memos are not. So if anyone has ever faced such an issue and been lucky finding a solution to back up while your phone is inaccessible or generally any method of unlocking your iPhone without losing all your data, please help a fellow out. I am very upset, more than I should normally be. It is causing a lot of stress and anxiety, please drop down some solutions or any software or tutorials that could help. Thank you.

    iPhone model: 6s

    submitted by /u/nabihafaiz_61
    [link] [comments]

    Documents by Readdle backup

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Hi all!

    I wanted to ask if data from the mentioned app can be somehow extracted or backed up from iPhone 6s in case your phone is locked and you can not remember your password. Because I do not have a solid backup of my important voice recordings but I have used this app to keep a "backup" of some of my more important voice memos. However, I have been locked out of my own device. SO, is there any way I can get my recordings from being erased completely? As well as my Notes. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nabihafaiz_61
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone really should have some tolerance to human errors. Help needed in unlocking my phone please!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:11 PM PST

    Hi all,

    First time here,

    This ended up way longer than expected so please buckle up and do not skip it just yet. I apologize for the drag but I hope you read it through to the end. It will mean a lot to me.

    Recently, I changed my password on my iPhone 6s in extreme sleep and work stress that I could not even be able to realize what a stupid decision I was making. It was an immediate reflex action to my siblings stealing my phone, causing me to oversleep and miss my class. Well.

    I used some random, but smoothly aligned, digits to set up my 4-digit password. They are all in the numbers 1,4 and 5. This along with the FACT that, 44 come together, is CERTAIN!

    But when I tried the combination I so confidently thought as right, it did not work. Lack of ability to make decisions, I carried on about 3-4 times, each time believing it would work, but how unlucky I was, that it didn't and instead it locked me out for 1 minute. Anxiety starts settling in, as I realize, I can now never access my phone until I get it right. But I wasn't too worried as hardly 30-40minutes had passed since I changed it.

    I try again, it locks for 5 minutes.

    I try again, this time keeping in mind what sequence I am using, instead of randomly taking a guess at it like before, clearly I have lost trust in myself at this point.

    It is wrong again and again, and my phone gets disabled for 15 minutes and 15 again.

    Now I had two consciously crossed out passwords from the 6 possibilities, leaving with only 4 possible options. And well, just 2 more tries left until I would be totally disabled. I had to just cross out 2 more and I would've had my answer. But my brother, not aware of any of this, used my phone and disabled it for 1 hour.

    So now, only 1 try is left. It must be right or my phone will be disabled forever, leaving me to resort to all these "all your data will be erased" methods.

    This is where I am currently. It has been 4 days since. I have that last try still saved up for when the memory hits. So here's finally what I want to ask, now that you all can hopefully feel me.

    Two things: I want help in trying to remember things from muscle memory, for which I need professional advice since all by myself, I haven't been able to "crack the code". My real password lies in the "set new passcode" section/area in the "change password" tab. Because that is where I subconsciously typed the true password, and, given that I haven't gotten it right a single time, so that is the ONLY place that I can recall my memory from, but it still gives me at least 2 possibilities. Other way could be to remember at least some of the wrong ones so I can cross them out, but that just seems impossible since I did them randomly, no thought involved. There are a few things though, a) I feel as though I haven't yet used 5 as the first digit, b) I felt like I began with 4 when I wrote it down in my "Notes" App (I know dumb move but I was being over-confident) but my muscle memory says it begins with 5. (I can talk in length about this with anyone interested in helping me "solve this case".)

    Anyways, the second thing I need help is, trying to find ways through which I can unlock my phone without having to lose my phone's data. Just my photos are backed up, through Google Photos, not iCloud or iTunes. And the only other things I care about are my spontaneous recordings and notes, data that involves some of my deepest memories, memories of people that no longer live with us. I can not afford to loose such important things over some stupid decisions. I have hit a stage of deep self sabotage and self loathing, guilt, and embarrassment. Altogether and so fast, it hurt my head, literally. New year began and I felt like crying rivers and oh, my exams are also coming up, one is next morning and I am here writing this article of a question.

    To conclude, firstly I am so so sorry to have written this much and wasting your time and secondly, thank you so much for reading it this far. If anyone has any advice, please help. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/nabihafaiz_61
    [link] [comments]

    Moving pictures to flash drive

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Is there any way to transfer pictures from photo library to flash drive?

    submitted by /u/Foxxo_Nick1984
    [link] [comments]

    On screen notification misplaced

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:16 PM PST

    iPhone 6s IOS 14.2

    When I get a notification to tell me my battery is at 10/20% and anything else that shows up on my screen comes up in the bottom left of the screen instead of the middle, the darkening overlay also shows up bottom right too

    submitted by /u/PepsiMaxT
    [link] [comments]

    Camera flash being weird

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Normally when I take a picture with the flash on, it should last a few seconds so it can focus with the flash on then take the picture. But now, it flashes for like half a second then takes the picture instantly when it isn't focused and the picture comes out bright and blurry, and idk why this is happening or how to fix it. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Noxta_
    [link] [comments]

    Airdropped photos have disappeared

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Hi all, I am seeking your help.

    So I did research online before coming here, and could not find a resolution. Two iphones, both are 6s. Photos & videos from iphone 1 were airdropped successfully to iphone 2. A few days later I performed a complete phone reset of iphone 1, then all the photos/videos I had successfully airdropped to iphone 2 DISAPPEARED! I did not have any of the content backed up on aircloud because I ran out of space there.

    Any idea where the media content went? How can I retrieve it? I will even buy apps if I have to. I appreciate all the feedback, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-me
    [link] [comments]

    High pitched voice recordings on Snapchat on iPhone 11 “sounds like in under a tunnel” but then if I take a video on Snapchat the audio is how it should be and same with every other app , anyone know can this be adjusted ?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    iCloud photos battery save power

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:02 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 12 pro max running the latest iOS version. Every time that I open the photos app at the bottom it says upload paused (power battery save). Although the power save mode is not activated and the battery it's almost full. I can resume the upload buy only for an hour. I already restarted the phone Please help me. In advance thx

    submitted by /u/irubikcube
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless charging problem with iPhone 12 Pro Max

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:19 AM PST

    Hello, just renewed my xs max for the new pro max but it does not charging on my ESR Qi charger anymore ?!? WTF ?

    submitted by /u/exstasi92
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm is silent

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    When the alarm goes off, it does a pulse, but the sound is silent. I've tried making sure there is a sound selected, making sure the volume is on, resetting the phone, changing the alarm sound, using bedtime and standard alarms, nothing has worked

    submitted by /u/AlexIsNotYou
    [link] [comments]

    camera roll

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    i took a photo on ft and it's not showing up in my camera roll any other time i've took a ft photo or any photo for that matter it's popped up in my camera roll but this time it didn't anyone know why ?

    submitted by /u/OutlandishnessHuge53
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading handset on SIM-only contract.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:31 AM PST

    Hey, I just wanted to check here before I make a stupid mistake in upgrading my iPhone!

    I currently have an iPhone SE 2016 (ie 1st generation) and a sim-only deal with EE in the UK. If I buy a new iPhone SE 2020 directly from Apple, will it accept the old sim and allow me to continue with my EE contract? Is the switch simple to do?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheWinterKing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel