• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    iPad Apps That Should Be On iPad But Are Not...

    iPad Apps That Should Be On iPad But Are Not...


    Apps That Should Be On iPad But Are Not...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:58 AM PST

    No Legitimate Substitutes:

    1. Health App: I think this is pretty self explanatory. Having the ability to view your health on iPad should be a no-brainer.
    2. Watch App: I get that the iPhone is meant to be a companion to the Apple Watch and is needed to set it up, but at least having the ability to access the Watch app on iPad to customize Watch faces, complications, and other things would be nice.
    3. Fitness App: Right now the Fitness App on iPad is basically just Fitness+. You can't even view your rings, progress, or achievements. No reason why this can't be added to iPad.

    Others:

    1. Calculator
    2. Weather

    (These don't matter as much because you can use other apps to access the same info, and iPads do have a weather widget. But it's still embarrassing that Craig Federighi made up the excuse of "What would be a GrEaT calculator or weather app for iPad?"

    Get on it Apple, an ECOSYSTEM means you should be able to access your stock Apple information/apps across ALL your devices.

    submitted by /u/TenAvatar
    [link] [comments]

    Pascal's Wager now supports keyboard/mouse control on iOS 14 and later

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Access Widgets everywhere

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:20 AM PST

    I'm another teacher looking for how to cast from an iPad to a TV (but I also have to be in Google Meet)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:12 PM PST

    I've searched and seen variations of my question....I have had a SMARTBoard for many years that is being replaced by a TV, so instead of writing on the board I'll be writing on an iPad. I need my lessons to show up both on the TV for the students in the room and also for students accessing remotely.

    Currently (with the SMARTBoard), I'm able to open a PowerPoint document and Google Meet on the same computer. Then the Presentation gets displayed on the SMARTBoard as a second monitor, and I share my screen to Google Meet.

    Any ideas on how to do this with an iPad? We've done some testing, and nothing is as smooth as before.

    • I can cast to a Chromecast from the iPad, but can't simultaneously join Meet.
    • I can cast to Meet, but this doesn't help students in the room.
    • I have the PowerPoint App on my iPad, and I can write on the documents and have them show up with ~5-10 second delay on the web version of PowerPoint. This has been the most successful method, but it's still pretty annoying. The delay is bothersome to students. The document only shows live syncing in "editor' view (rather than presentation view), so animations don't work. Plus a lot of the screen real estate is used up by the editor (ribbon at the top, slide sorter on the left that can't be minimized).

    Since I have something that "works", my IT has called it good enough, but I'm not sure it's tolerable long term. If there are ideas about apps or dongles, I'd love to hear them.

    submitted by /u/imatschoolyo
    [link] [comments]

    Picking up 8th Gen and Gen 1 Pencil Today

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:56 AM PST

    Hi all. I haven't had an iPad since the first gen many years ago. I'm picking up today an 8th Gen iPad with the Gen 1 Pencil. I'm wanting to use it for mostly simple basic stuff like browsing, Microsoft Office, some card games and such. The most intensive thing I think I would be doing is editing family photos and videos. I was just going to get the Adobe suite of apps but I was wondering if there were any other\better options? Also making sure it is powerful enough for these tasks. I am assuming it is but figured I'd ask since I have been out of the loop for so long.

    submitted by /u/QPCloudy
    [link] [comments]

    CollaNote Review (and link)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:53 AM PST

    Hey everyone! A little birdie told me y'all liked apps. Maybe not? Oh, stupid birdie then.

    I do have an app to share with you today. It's called CollaNote! It is a cross between a virtual whiteboard and google slides. That's the best way I can describe it, anyways. The reason they are similar is that they all have the same features (real shocking, right?). The one feature CollaNote has that google doesn't is good collaboration. And a ton of different pens and colours to draw with.

    You may be wondering what I meant when I said that CollaNote has better collaboration. In truth collaboration is collaboration. Live collaboration is something that we take for granted now. Guess where your data that you give out in almost every situation on your phone or computer goes. With all the other services you have to give emails and fork over the rights to your firstborn child for advertising purposes, but with CollaNote, you have a more private and secure experience. Although you can sign in with google, once that's done it's all good with absolutely no tracking besides diagnostics that aren't even right half the time.

    Did I mention it's free? It is developed part time by a University student, who really was finding it hard to collaborate with peers during the pandemic. The obvious solution when you are studying software engineering? Create a whiteboard app. Honestly I think that's really cool- if you need anything you can just make it- but that's not all.

    It's not one of those apps where you have ads or banners that take you to Chinese dating sites either. It's like it should cost something, but it doesn't. If you want to join the beta, please join at https://testflight.apple.com/join/isSJVuXJ. It's much appreciated by the developer, and I think you will really enjoy it!

    Bottom line is that if you need to do anything with other people, don't go outside. Set up an audio call and use CollaNote.

    r/CollaNote for more

    submitted by /u/Aerospace3535
    [link] [comments]

    Pronged rides again : My latest outing on Procreate

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:17 AM PST

    iPad Mini 4 won't find Apple Watch SE for Fitness+ workout

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:21 AM PST

    My wife has an Apple Watch SE and tried to do a Fitness+ workout on her iPad Mini 4. She clicks the button to start the workout, but it then just says it's searching for her Apple Watch for ages until eventually saying it can't find it. Can anyone help with this issue?

    I have an AW6 and when I do a Fitness+ workout on my iPad Pro 11" the watch is found immediately when I start the workout.

    For reference, all my wife's operating systems are up to date, bluetooth is switched on for all devices (the watch is connected to her iPhone) and are all on the same wifi network if that matters. All devices are also signed into her Apple ID

    submitted by /u/Matt___James
    [link] [comments]

    found a way to get the search bar in app without a keyboard

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:11 PM PST

    hope this helped, it's not the best way but it works

    https://youtu.be/34Y55JSrjRE

    submitted by /u/horridemperor11
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung T7 not showing up in files

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Hey guys I recently bought a Samsung T7 SSD for my iPad pro. For the first time today I connected the T7 with my iPad but it doesn't recognize mine. I opened the files and it just shows my device storage and not the SSD. The blue light is static in the T7 after I connect with my iPad. At the beginning it blinks and then it gets static. Have you guys faced similar issues and could you help me solve this.

    submitted by /u/Tridentgaming77
    [link] [comments]

    What do YOU use your old iPad(s) for?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 02:27 PM PST

    I picked up a first generation 64gb iPad today for €10,-. Seems in great condition. The previous owner found it in the attic, plugged it in and was too impatient while it was charging so I could pick it up for real cheap.

    I bought it first for nostalgic reasons, played so many games on it back in 2011/12/13, but now I'm wondering what I could use it for in this day and age.

    Thought about using it as a touchpad, music player, youtube streaming etc. The app doesn't work anymore though so I may have to find my way around that in a different subreddit.

    Curious to see your comments!

    submitted by /u/hommelbips
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting a Seagate5tb external HDD to my iPad Air

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:41 AM PST

    Can this be done? I have a 5tb HDD full of my favorite shows and movies and I would to be able to plug it into my iPad to watch them while I'm at work... Is it possible to plug an adapter into the ipad, and then the HDD into the adapter?

    like one of these for example:

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNXRX5T

    EDIT- Specifically, this external HDD:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MY44VNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    with this iPad Air:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J61FCVN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/BoxFabulous
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Call/Audio on iPad with VPN

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:52 AM PST

    I often select the option to transfer a phone call from my iPhone to my iPad because of its better speakers when on speakerphone. I seem to have lost that option when I started using a VPN. Is there way around that or is it just a side effect of using the VPN?

    submitted by /u/Matt_Shatt
    [link] [comments]

    Android SMS on iPad

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:18 AM PST

    Love my iPad. However, I'm a Windows and Android guy. Is there any way to text and receive notifications for Android SMS? I use Messages on Android and have the web app in Safari, but can't get notifications. I've tried mirroring notifications via IFTTT but it's almost always delayed/doesn't work.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/syrupflow
    [link] [comments]

    Import bookmarks on Safari via .html file

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 02:58 AM PST

    Hi guys, I'm using an iPad Pro and I need to import on Safari my bookmarks, saved in to an .html file.

    I don't want to use Google Chrome, I prefer Safari, so I'd like to have all my bookmarks there.

    What can I do to import them?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Oxygen_O2
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a stupid question but can I import prproj and or drp files in luma fusion

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:15 PM PST

    Thinking about buying it with the logitech folio to help my work flow and It's important that they can use files from Premier pro and davinci resolve

    submitted by /u/the-cutest-girl
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft excel features w data analytics

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:16 PM PST

    Hi, I need Microsoft excel for my data analytics class but I can't edit Microsoft apps on ipad without subscription (so it prompts). Any suggestions?

    PS I researched that Apple numbers would do for most part but it lacks data analytics like complex features. I would like to use microsoft office as a whole but paying for subscription don't seem worthy w being short on cash. TIA :)

    submitted by /u/varunten1
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech Folio Touch & Remote Desktop App

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:31 PM PST

    I have an 11-inch iPad Pro with the Logitech Folio Touch Keyboard.

    I also have a Mac at home which I would like to "Remote Desktop" from anywhere (not just local network).

    Does anyone have any recommendations how to best achieve this? Essentially want to use my iPad as my "laptop" when I need to remote into a desktop interface.

    submitted by /u/ravjay
    [link] [comments]

    I played the Pokemon TCG Online so much that my iPad has suffered screen burn-in

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:44 PM PST

    I think the term for this is ghosting, but we don't use that word anymore because it has a different meaning nowadays.

    I'm also pretty sure that this is the reason screensavers were invented: to prevent an image from becoming permanently stuck on a screen due to the same color pixel being stuck in a position for a long time without changing.

    Well, I've confirmed that it's not just my eyes that are messed up from staring at the screen for too long. My iPad has a faintly visible Poke Ball in the center for the middle of the play field from playing this game too much. It's clearer on the home screen and on the web browser when the background is all white. When I go on Google Maps and zoom in on the ocean where it's all a solid dark blue, I can see the outlines of the Pokemon cards and even read some of the text.

    I guess this is a fault of Apple and not so much of PTCGO. But is there any way to fix this? Other than not letting the same screen sit for too long, of course. I'll be careful to prevent this from happening again, but is there a way to remove the ghosted image without sending the iPad to Apple, or is it kind of just stuck there?

    submitted by /u/Agniflame
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel