• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    iOS Beta We should be able to place widgets just as precisely as app icons.

    iOS Beta We should be able to place widgets just as precisely as app icons.


    We should be able to place widgets just as precisely as app icons.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:20 AM PST

    During the iOS 14 trailer that was shown in the WWDC20 keynote, there's a brief clip where the World Clock widget is placed on the Home Screen with only a single row of apps above it.

    As we all know, in iOS 14, widgets can only be placed in six possible locations on each page: top-left, top-right, middle-left, middle-right, bottom-left, and bottom-right. This makes the widget grid only half as precise as the app grid.

    Think of Windows 10; its Start Menu uses Live Tiles, which behave similarly to iOS 14's widgets. Windows 10's small tiles are roughly equivalent to iOS app icons, and medium tiles are equivalent to small widgets.

    Tiles can be placed in a very similar fashion to iOS 14 widgets; however, the main difference is that all tiles use the small grid, regardless of size. This makes it possible to move a medium-sized tile by half a space.

    What I'm wondering is: Why haven't we seen this functionality in iOS 14, even optionally? It would make the Home Screen layout much more flexible without disrupting it too much.

    submitted by /u/Scratch137
    [link] [comments]

    14.3 stable (18C66) - AirPods disconnecting when taking a picture

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:55 AM PST

    I'm not sure if this issue has been reported already, but AirPods (Gen 2; v1.9.1) disconnects and then automatically connects when taking a picture from stock camera app while on a call (or) playing music. Camera app also crashes without saving the image to the camera roll.

    I'm guessing the shutter sound file has something to do with the crashing.

    submitted by /u/iamvinoth
    [link] [comments]

    iOS beta general info

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:57 PM PST

    Hi there,

    Just wanted to get some more information on iOS beta testing. I've used iPhones for a long time now and consider myself to be very tech savvy, especially when it comes to Apple products. One thing I don't have a lot of experience with is iOS betas. I've downloaded iOS beta software a handful of times before big releases, usually before the new iPhone drops every year. I enjoy seeing what's new but don't have enough experience to determine if I want to continually download beta software. I have always been under the impression that it's going to be buggy and drain battery quicker. I also feel like when I download betas it's been difficult to revert to the regular iOS updates, mainly because if I delete the beta profile I then have to wait for the next public software release to get back on the regular software updates or restore my phone. In the past I have also had a hard time distinguishing between official software releases and betas when I have the beta profile installed on my phone. This may seem silly but I'm also wondering if the beta downloads are inferior to what I'll call a "regular" iOS update? I mainly bring up this topic because 14.3 has been very buggy for me and I'm considering trying out the beta for 14.4 to see if it resolves any issues I've been experiencing. Any info, experiences and advice is welcome. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bgranz10
    [link] [comments]

    [Bug] iPhone 12 Pro Max got stuck on app switcher with no way to reboot or shutdown (14.4 DB1)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:11 PM PST

    Long story short, I opened up the app switcher and then nothing responded. I tried to force restart (using vol buttons & power button method), force shutdown (hold power button down. Still nothing after 2 minutes.), etc. Luckily, my phone restarted/crashed after sitting there for 15 minutes, but this is still not a bug that I would like to see again.

    submitted by /u/delebojr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel