• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Apple TV How I find my remote

    Apple TV How I find my remote


    How I find my remote

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:59 PM PST

    How I find my remote

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:27 AM PST

    Posting a photo of my favorite Apple TV remote and the best way to stop complaining about the size, grip and lost remotes

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:26 PM PST

    LG C9, Apple TV 4K, Sonos Arc LPCM lip sync issues

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:58 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Anyone else got the same set up and also having audio out of sync when the Apple TV is set to output LPCM to the Sonos Arc?

    Audio is arriving too early and the delay is inconsistent. Some shows it's huge. Some it's small. For example, sound city on Amazon prime is massive. If I set the Apple TV to DD5.1 its fine.

    I also can't correct for it on the Sonos app because even at +5 it's not enough for some shows.

    Also, Atmos content seems to be fine. It's just the LPCM.

    submitted by /u/Bjmort
    [link] [comments]

    Remote app volume controls disappear and reappear randomly

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:42 AM PST

    As the title states. I have an LG SN11RG and LG CX. The Apple TV is plugged into the sound bar and occasionally I have volume controls that I can use on my iPhone 12p Lock Screen and then other times I don't. Nothing is changing, why does this happen?

    submitted by /u/BismoOVO
    [link] [comments]

    How I find my remote

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:40 AM PST

    Does the system refresh rate matter if Match Content Framerate is enabled?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:08 AM PST

    I live in Denmark where 50 Hz is the standard (PAL) so my Apple TV defaults to 50 Hz.

    But since I have Match Content Framerate enabled so the ATV always outputs the content's own framerate anyway, so I'm guessing that the global refresh only applies to the menus and apps that don't use Apple's video player and doesn't support the framerate matching (e.g. Youtube).

    Since a majority of the content I watch is American, wouldn't it make more sense to set it to 60 Hz, so the TV doesn't have to change format (which takes a second) every time I start something on Netflix?

    I assume there isn't a problem with using a non-standard refresh rate on a PAL tv. Modern TVs can show both equally well anyways, right?

    TL;DR: Isn't it better for the refresh rate to match the majority of the content you watch regardless of the refresh rate standard of your region, when using the Match Content Framerate feature?

    submitted by /u/Imperial3agle
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple TV 3rd Gen. support TV OS 14.3? (For fitness +)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:58 AM PST

    Happy New Year everyone!

    Do y'all know if I can stream fitness+ on Apple TV 3rd Generation?

    submitted by /u/Gmedic99
    [link] [comments]

    Please help! Sony x900H + AT4K + Vizio SB46514

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:49 PM PST

    PLEASE HELP! Apple TV 4K + Sony X900H + Vizio SB46514 - Atmos missing.

    Anyone have a setup like this and able to get Atmos working?

    Apple TV 4K > Sony HDMI 4 Vizio SB > Sony HDMI 3 (ARC)

    I switch sound on Sony settings to TV Speakers, Apple TV settings show Atmos available... I switch sound to external speakers which is how is has always worked before adding the Apple TV, settings on the screen change so no Atmos is available.

    Worse than that, there is a recurring bug where the center channel plays no audio.

    submitted by /u/musiccitymacguy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone users - Can you put the AppleTV remote icon on your home screen?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Meaning I don't have to swipe for control center and then click the remote? I want to be able to just click the remote.

    submitted by /u/ridge9
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV won’t automatically play next show in series?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:22 PM PST

    I just bought the office on Apple TV since it left Netflix but I have to select the next episode and press start each time.

    Is there not an auto play next episode feature?

    submitted by /u/Obizues
    [link] [comments]

    Does this have enough to be your only streaming service ?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:47 PM PST

    I'm looking to cut Hulu I'm paying for live tv but rarely use it except to watch local news here and there and sometimes sports which doesn't seem worth it for $60 bucks a month. I already use other apple products and I'm wondering if Apple TV plus is worth getting? Right now it's the cheapest option I've seen now sadly it doesn't have any live tv but I think I'd survive without that but does it have enough content for a family?

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    Does Amazon Prime no longer offer 4K?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:20 PM PST

    Hi, I'm hoping someone can clear some things up for me. I've tried Googling but couldn't find an answer. I upgraded my TV to a 4K OLED and an Apple TV 4K but I cannot find or search for any 4K content on Prime Video (I searched via the Prime Video apps on my Apple TV 4K, iPad, iPhone and at primevideo.com). Every other app has 4K and I have the Apple TV set to 4K SDR with Match Content set to on. Does Prime Video no longer do 4K?

    After a bit of Googling, I can't even find any official references to 4K anywhere. In fact, only reference is on the 1st page search results with a primevideo.com page called "Movies in 4K UHD" but when I open it, it says it is unavailable:

    https://www.primevideo.com/storefront?_encoding=UTF8&contentId=uhd&contentType=merch&merchId=uhd

    The only websites which mention 4K are unaffiliated blogs. In fact, the App Store doesn't even mention 4K. However, the App Store screenshots do show a UHD icon above the Prime icon on the top left of some show cards. Those UHD icons are nowhere to be found on any of the show cards in my apps though.

    On my old Apple TV HD I remember they used to separate the content e.g. I would need to select "The Boys" rather than "The Boys (4K UHD)". I can no longer find these separate 4K versions. Did Amazon roll them into a single version like Netflix does? Or did Amazon remove the 4K options due to COVID in some countries (I'm in New Zealand).

    Interestingly, the Amazon Originals do show HDR icons next to the 5.1 audio icon but no 4K icon. I find it odd that they would have an HDR icon but not a 4K UHD one. Will I be getting 4K HDR or 1080p HDR?

    My TV also has a Prime Video app and no 4K content there either...

    submitted by /u/Gigstr
    [link] [comments]

    I wish we could add movies to our upcoming list that are not currently available, like movies in theatres etc or not on the platform.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    This would mean we could have an actual list of movies we want to see and as they become available.

    submitted by /u/Sach4913
    [link] [comments]

    Can AirPlay to my AppleTV, and can’t control media on Apple TV.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    Picture occasionally freezing for a few seconds - need troubleshooting advice. (ATV 4K)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:49 PM PST

    Having an issue recently where during playback across a variety of apps the image will freeze for a few seconds (audio is typically fine) before returning to normal. Seems to happen on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet, and my connection is rock solid on all my other devices.

    Have had this Apple TV 4K for years with no issues, this started happening in the past few weeks.

    Any advice? Thinking about doing a full system wipe, would prefer to avoid that if I can.

    submitted by /u/MiloRambaldi
    [link] [comments]

    Which Generation Apple TV should I get

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:16 PM PST

    Which Generation Apple TV should I get?

    Hi, I own an LG TV that is 1080p but doesn't have Airplay 2. I would like to get an Apple TV but I'm not sure which generation to get. I just want it to be fast when I airplay Spotify or Netflix or YouTube. And also to connect to my AirPods Pro. Thanks

    submitted by /u/SomeDudeInABasement
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K with a VPN?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:34 PM PST

    Does anyone run a Apple TV with a VPN? My in-laws are wanting to get news from another part of the state so I was wondering if they could run an Apple TV with a vpn. If anyone has done this it would be great to get some info.

    submitted by /u/Bryan_7982
    [link] [comments]

    How I find my remote.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:18 AM PST

    Star Trek Discovery through CBS All Access via Apple TV Channels

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:26 PM PST

    Shows as unavailable. I switched over to using Channels after CBS broke their app with profiles.

    Picard shows up fine.

    submitted by /u/redstorm_jde
    [link] [comments]

    Oh we’re doing lost remote solutions? This has been the best one I’ve found

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Samsung TV remote Up/Down directional buttons not working with AppleTV

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    Hi there. Out of the blue, the Up/Down directional arrows on our Samsung TV remote no longer work with our AppleTV. They work just fine everywhere else. However, on the AppleTV, only the Left/Right and Back/Menu button work.

    I unplugged both the TV and the AppleTV - no change. I did a hard reset of the AppleTV, as this seems to be the issue since the buttons work on the TV and in other apps - that did not change anything. CEC is enabled. I attempted to "learn remote" on the AppleTV, but it was not picking up the Samsun remote. Any information/help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    Samsung TV - 55" Class Q7F QLED 4K TV

    AppleTV - A1625

    Both the Samsung and AppleTV are running the most up to date updates.

    submitted by /u/sinatrafsc
    [link] [comments]

    TV 4K: crashing during playback

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:13 AM PST

    I don't buy too many movies on iTunes, but couldn't pass up the good deal for the 6 Hobbit/Lord of the Rings films.

    During playback, each of the 6 films would just stop and crash/boot me to the Home Screen after 20-30 minutes, then again maybe once more towards the end. I've restarted the ATV4K, but the issue persists. I haven't had this happen ever before, doesn't seem to ever happen with Netflix, Amazon Prime.

    Hardware: Apple TV 4K to LG B7 (4K Dolby Vision).

    Anyone else have this issue? Is my hardware going bad, do I just need to accept it as part and parcel of movie playback in the future? Anything I can do to fix it in the future? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Saltank
    [link] [comments]

    Show playlists in “Audio and Video” don’t show up

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:32 PM PST

    Hey all, I made a playlist for a tv show to auto play the next episode and as I understand it, you have to go into Settings and in "Audio and Video" select "Show Playlists" to "All" except that setting doesn't exist for me. I've searched everywhere in Settings and nothing. I have Home Sharing on on both of my ATV devices but nothing. I have the 4K Apple TV. Hoping someone here can help me out. I asked in the Apple Support community but no one has replied. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/livelytofu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel