• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Apple iOS Why is iOS auto correct so infuriatingly bad?

    Apple iOS Why is iOS auto correct so infuriatingly bad?


    Why is iOS auto correct so infuriatingly bad?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:07 PM PST

    Why us iOS autocorrect so infuriatingly bad. I mean if I don't review each and every sentence it's usually wrong. I don't have this issue with Google or Microsoft. See "us" above as an example.

    submitted by /u/adb1146
    [link] [comments]

    A story how I developed an app to help people become better

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:09 AM PST

    Hey guys! I am a college student and as many others I often suffer from procrastination. A while back I read a book about the importance of building small habits each day. It talks a lot about consistency and staying on track with your goals. Our whole life is build around tiny habits that we don't notice - thus by changing them - we can change who we are. So, I decided to start improving myself but could not find a perfect app that fitted my needs to track my daily habits... so I built one myself. Here is my progress after a couple months of working on myself and using the app to keep me accountable:

    • My iphone screen time dropped from ~7 hours to ~3 hours a day.
    • I've been doing consistent pushups for 28 days in a row, struggling with 10 on the first day, and now I am comfortably doing 50.
    • I picked up reading which I always hated. I've been reading 41 days in a row every time before going to bed. Started with ~20 pages per day which felt like a chore, but now Im eagerly reading ~30-40 pages.
    • I started waking up early in the morning which was the biggest productivity booster. I've been waking up at 8am each week day, which at first was a nightmare (haha) but now I'm kinda used to it and feel terrible if I skip a day.
    • A bad habit that I so far failed to eradicate is (kinda personal) biting nails. I had streaks of 7, 8 days in a row, but would fail afterwards.

    I realize that my examples don't fit everyone, so everyone should find habits that fit their life and needs. For me its waking up early, working out, and reading, but for other it could be a majority of other things. I know people trying to get into habits like house cleaning, dish washing, morning showers, walking, running, etc, so everyone has a way to improve each day.

    Here is the link to the app if you guys are interested: link. There are many alternatives around the AppStore, but I built this one to stand out by being aesthetically beautiful, minimalistic and simple without distracting the user from building habits with heavy and unnecessary features.

    Welcoming discussion on both building good habits and suggestions for the app if anyone is into that :)

    submitted by /u/Finale151
    [link] [comments]

    Vanced

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:44 PM PST

    Is there any app on iOS that acts like Vanced on Android? Youtube with background play and no and?

    submitted by /u/TheFoxMan11
    [link] [comments]

    Keep iPhone on when tethered to computer

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:11 PM PST

    Over the course of my development on XCode, my iP8 keeps turning off (I have it at around 1 minute for automatic lock for daily use) but for development I'd like to just have it never turn off, is there any way to do this, or at least extend the amount of time it spends on without changing everything?

    submitted by /u/Shad0w_7
    [link] [comments]

    What is it called when in the ios home screen the app icons move with the devices motion??

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:43 AM PST

    Its a subtle but cool feature but for the life of me i cant find the name of it.

    submitted by /u/Throwaway16666228228
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to set Google maps as default?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:46 AM PST

    I've uninstalled apple maps but every time I click an address it still wants to open in apple maps. Is there anyway to change the default maps?

    submitted by /u/MostDopeVet
    [link] [comments]

    Best iOS 14 widget for weather bigger than small size?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:26 AM PST

    I found a pretty awesome weather widget if you're into the small size widget to display the weather https://apps.apple.com/us/app/weather-widget-custom-screen/id1536836018

    What makes it awesome is it lets you pick a custom background photo to display your weather on. Now I wish it showed a full weeks worth of weather on the larger widget sizes but it doesn't. Anyone know one that does?

    submitted by /u/GrandTarget
    [link] [comments]

    Foldable iPhone Prototypes Tested

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:26 AM PST

    International keyboard

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:13 AM PST

    I used to be able to have multiple international keyboards and iMessage would remember which contact used which keyboard, that way I wouldn't have to keep changing it. So I could just leave the keyboard Hungarian for my mom, and keep the keyboard English for my boyfriend and my friends.

    Now it just always uses the same keyboard by default for everyone and I always have to tap the globe icon to change it.

    Anyone having this issue? Thanks x

    submitted by /u/theseaprince
    [link] [comments]

    Sick of this “Other” issue how do i get rid off it? I tried itunes dfu restore stuff nothing changes

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:10 AM PST

    Shortcuta notification banner

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:54 AM PST

    So I did the screen activity trick to turn off notifications for shortcuts but they still show up? Does it work for you guys?

    submitted by /u/Flufington
    [link] [comments]

    Reachability but vertically?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:35 AM PST

    Reachability allows you to shrinks the bottom half of the display for one-handed use.

    Anyone help me out by explaining why the sides of my screen seem to shrink randomly?

    It looks like one (or two) white column and there is no way to remove it be refresh the page (browser), etc.

    submitted by /u/rossidor
    [link] [comments]

    Poor battery performance since ios14.3?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:30 AM PST

    Phone battery life on my iPhone 11 is now awful. Running as per the title, but battery performance is poor, and charging seems slower. Battery performance still showing 💯 and phone only a couple of of months old. Where to start troubleshooting?

    submitted by /u/Celestial_Twenty
    [link] [comments]

    This is the Apple store app. Any idea why I don t have options for all devices?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:42 AM PST

    IOS 15 Safari Concept- Inspired by macOS

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:13 AM PST

    Mega limited running in the background 24h a day despite never even knowing it existed till today, never mind downloading it. Can someone please help?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:12 AM PST

    Mega limited app running in the background even though I've never downloaded this app

    Can someone please help me? I got a notification on my phone today saying that my screen time is up by 16 hours a day this week, even though I've been using my phone only a few hours a day and catching up on reading for most of the day. I checked my screen time and saw that the reason for this is that this mega limited app has been running in the background for 24 hours a day!

    I put a limit on it for 1 minute a day to try and stop it but it's still bothering me that it may be some virus. Googled it and Mega limited is a cloud storage service but I've never downloaded anything from them, this is the first time I've ever heard of it!

    Could it be from one of the recent apps I downloaded or should I be worried that it's running in the background like that? Any help to what I should do?

    submitted by /u/MokaMaker
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with the camera!? All my photos are coming out with this weird incorrect cropping around the hair! Is this just how iPhones handle it, cos that's awful if it is! iPhone 12 mini for reference.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:05 AM PST

    What iPhone can do and my Android(Google Pixel 4) can not?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:03 AM PST

    My background : Android user for 10+ years. Mac user for 5+ years.

    Note that, this is not some android fanboy seeking for attention.

    Have been thinking about switching to iPhone just for sake of ecosystem. In my opinion, no company has nearly as good ecosystem as Apple.

    But, I enjoy my android way too much.

    -It's way more customizable than iOS(Custom launchers, lock screens, home screens, more icons etc..)

    -It has a back button and if you don't like it, you can turn it into a gesture(swipe left to right or the opposite). Which doesn't exist on iOS and kinda bugs me.

    If we compare phones instead of operational systems, they are both good. I don't care about CPU, RAM or GPU as long as it does it's job. Which means, no lagging or crushing.

    Long story short, I really love my macbook. There is no way I'm switching to anything else. That's what got me thinking about iPhone but things I described are stopping me.

    At this moment, Android seems like an iPhone with extra features. If there is anything that I'm missing please tell me - (Why) should I switch?

    submitted by /u/ChibzZz42
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time alternative

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:57 AM PST

    I've found that the default screen time app restrictions from the settings do not fit my needs well enough. Is there an alternative app that lets you turn apps on and off on demand?

    submitted by /u/alt-mk
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on verifying my phone number to my iPhone. So far, I’ve tried removing my phone number on iCloud and logging out iMessage and FaceTime.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:58 PM PST

    Stock Photos App Shows Wrong Location

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:04 PM PST

    So I was on a short trip over the last couple days and took several hundred photos, which were geo-marked correctly initially, but today I noticed that most of them have had their location changed to a random town a few hundred kilometres away from where I was. How does this even happen? The actual geotag itself seems to be correct still, and looking at the photos through Google Photos or the iCloud website as well as any other application shows the correct location. The stock photos app, however, does not. Is there any way to fix this as it's bugging me?

    submitted by /u/Asqures
    [link] [comments]

    This feature became available for me!! iPhone 11 Pro, 14.3

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:26 AM PST

    YouTube previews not working in WhatsApp

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:28 PM PST

    As the title says, people have to click the link then go to YouTube which of course most people won't. Iv watched all the recent videos about it and the only fixes are for Android and say to clear the cache which can't be done on iPhone. Both YouTube and WhatsApp are up to date. Anyone found a fix?

    submitted by /u/_Radioactive_Man_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel