• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    Apple Macbook Won this M1 MBA at work raffle - any tips for transitioning from windows?

    Apple Macbook Won this M1 MBA at work raffle - any tips for transitioning from windows?


    Won this M1 MBA at work raffle - any tips for transitioning from windows?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    Upgrading from (late 2008 MacBook) To M1 MBA (base) I think I got all I could out of the 08! lol

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Upgrading from (late 2008 MacBook) To M1 MBA (base) I think I got all I could out of the 08! lol

    What you see in the picture on the left is a broken screen that happened to my 08 MacBook, 4 months ago. This power house still worked with a cheap TV monitor Unit Set-up 4GB ram would slowdown with 6 Chrome Tabs ope, Word, And PDFs open. Battery Life on a good day 1:30hrs. I take another photo of the one on the right after another 12 Years! lol

    https://preview.redd.it/njn407ee0ma61.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=502ed463746b53f4d3e1ca038c8162ab2de56836

    submitted by /u/Popular_Note448
    [link] [comments]

    My new MacBook Air's screen expands after charging. Has anyone encountered this problem?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:52 AM PST

    Monitor options with M1 air

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    Would love your thoughts on the best 27-29 inch monitor that I can pair up with the M1 Air that I just ordered. I would like to have the best viewing experience at my desk. USB-C with power pass through would be nice, 4K at minimum. I know about the LG ultrafine 4K/5K, but am wondering if others might do the job? Feedback would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Certain_Struggle_737
    [link] [comments]

    2020 MacBook Air vs 2020 MacBook Pro for GarageBand, iMovie and Netflix/basic computing

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:29 PM PST

    Hi there! So I'm debating between buying an M1 MacBook Air vs refurbished* intel i5 MacBook Pro and am hoping for some advice. I basically want to use it for recording vocals on GarageBand (and possibly making instrumentals in the future), editing basic videos with iMovie (I make cover songs for YouTube) and other basic computer usage like browsing, PDF documents, emails, Spotify and YouTube.
    I'm not rich but am willing to buy a pro if the differences really would be huge for what I wanna do. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/emilyxrose7
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointed with Macbook Pro M1 Performance in Premiere

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:38 PM PST

    Hi guys, I recently purchased a Macbook Pro M1, 8GB, 256GB and am getting really bad performance in Premiere, much worse than what online reviewers made it out to be.

    Issues include lots of dropped frames in playback but especially in scrubbing through footage.

    Video preview resolution is 1920x1080 but raw footage is 4K. Footage is locally stored on the machine. I also set the playback to 1/8th.

    Example: Type: MPEG Movie Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range)

    Has anyone experienced the same issues, is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

    submitted by /u/PoisonPanty
    [link] [comments]

    My uncle has an older MacBook, and wants me to get anti virus for it. I’m not a Mac guy at all. Can you recommend a good AV for Mac?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    He's very non techy, so he wants something for peace of mind.

    submitted by /u/arq25
    [link] [comments]

    Command-A (select all) shortcut not working after installing a usb keyboard?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:18 PM PST

    I bought a new usb keyboard to plug into my macbook pro 2015 and followed the instructions on now to set it up in settings. I changed the modifier keys to match the Apple internal keyboard and i might've changed something on the internal keyboard. I restored to default settings afterwards, but now when i do Command-A, it opens the bar on the side that shows stocks and the weather. Someone help!

    submitted by /u/vobamba
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a 2015 MacBook Air

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:16 PM PST

    My 2012 MacBook Pro is slowing down and on the Fritz. I've spotted some cheap MacBook Airs (2015 +2017) and the 2015 version is within my budget.

    Would I have any issues with it? I want a laptop that would last me another 4 or 5 years.

    Another concern is going straight from a Pro to an Air. I only ever use the Pro for watching shows and college work anyway.

    submitted by /u/A111223
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Wait to see this MacBook Pro 16-inch M1X Chip

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:57 PM PST

    Help regarding Find My Mac Activation Lock

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:55 PM PST

    A couple of weeks ago I bought a used Intel Macbook Air 2020 from eBay. Initially, the device came in without any problem. When I set it up, I was able to put my iCloud account (as the previous iCloud was removed). But after some days of using the computer, I noticed that the "Find My Mac" option was still activated and linked to the previous owner. I've been trying to contact the seller through eBay but didn't receive a response and already lost any hope to hear back from them. So basically, the computer right now is running my iCloud account but the Find My Mac is still linked to its previous owner.

    My questions are:

    1) Can the previous owner still access the computer location and lock it or erase it?

    2) If I reset my computer, will I be able to put again my iCloud account (or any other account) or the system will ask me first to unlock the Find My Mac with the previous owner iCloud and therefore brick the computer?

    Thank you in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/alejflores94
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air out of stock?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Is the Macbook Air out of stock everywhere? Seems like the only option is to get it shipped with a ~3 week ship time.

    Anyone able to pick up at their local Apple store?

    submitted by /u/MazdaDonuts
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MBA w/ 16 GB unified memory or base M1 MBP?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:10 PM PST

    I'm probably not going to be upgrading for a long time after this, so I want to know which one would be better for the long run. My first thought was MacBook Pro but I don't know if the extra 300 dollars is really warranted for an extra core and a little bit brighter of a display. There's also the fact that I prefer physical buttons rather than a Touch Bar.

    If this helps, I'll be using this for mostly video editing, animation, and programming. If you were in my position which would you pick out of the two, or, might you even pick the base MacBook Air?

    submitted by /u/DankPinnaple
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Operating Temperature

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:50 PM PST

    I live in a very cold environment, and my current laptop occasionally shuts down due to the cold temperature. I am looking at upgrading to one of the new M1 Macbooks, does anyone have experience using them in cold temperatures as I do?

    What is the ideal operating temperature range for the new line of M1 Macbooks?

    Should I be concerned about using a newer laptop at very cold temperatures?

    submitted by /u/bluesourpatch
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! Help buying the right MacBook

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:59 PM PST

    Hi! I want to get my very first MacBook for college in September as a public Administration student with little budget. I'm also a photographer so I need photoshop and video editing :) so I was wondering if a M1 MBA with 8gb unified memory and 256 ssd would be enough? P.s - I do not use a lot of apps at once, I would take my laptop around a lot, I hope to use it for 4-5 years and I use my laptop for long hours. So, let me know your thought please 🙏🏾

    Thank you so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/Tee_oj
    [link] [comments]

    is Microsoft Office for MacOS worth it?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:53 PM PST

    hey everyone! im going back to uni in september and decided i needed an upgrade so i got bought first ever mac and it should be arriving in about a week or so. i got a 2020 M1 MBA with 16GB memory and 256 SSD GB if that's relevant.

    i previously used a HP Pavillion i bought in 2013 and exclusively used Microsoft office for all of my writing assignments. i know mac's have a built in writing software but i've been going back and forth on if getting microsoft office for mac is worth it or not. i would only really be using word and probably powerpoint occasionally.

    if you have microsoft office for MacOS, do you think it was worth it?

    submitted by /u/soitgoes_9813
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas how to avoid this?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 02:34 PM PST

    MacBook Air M1 or Asus Zephyrus G14?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:05 PM PST

    Hi all, I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma and looking for some advice.

    Currently I'd the proud owner of a MacBook Pro 2019 base model. I'm a big fan of the build quality of both Macbooks I've owned but I'm looking to upgrade as I would be able to migrate to a machine around the value of £900 without much added expenditure by selling my current machine. I've narrowed it down to MacBook Air M1 (base model - £830) or Asus Zephyrus G14 (Ryzen 5 4600H & 1650Ti - £899). The Macbook also comes with a 4 year warranty.

    I value the long battery life each respective machine offers, and do appreciate the Air would give me a good few hours extra but I've read many good reviews about the G14 (such as Dave 2D periodically stating it's his laptop of the year). I don't currently game on my laptop, for that I have a desktop, but would certainly appreciate the ability to do so.

    I currently use my Macbook for general browser based activity, emails, and occasionally some Dev work. I do find the lack of ports slightly frustrating but have worked about this with a decent Anker hub.

    Does anyone have any added input to aid me with the decision?

    submitted by /u/TheKingOfCaledonia
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble upgrading

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:19 PM PST

    I understand this may be a hardware issue but I have asked other subs and have been unsuccessful. I am upgrading my 2017 MacBook Pro from 128G to 1TB NVMe M.2 2242 SSD. I am not sure if I have formatted the external hard drive wrong or not when I made the time machine but I have iCloud so I just went ahead without the time machine and used OS High Sierra. I am trying to update to Big Sur and I am getting an error that says "You may not install to this volume because it is currently being encrypted" when I select the 1TB SSD. I really don't know what else to do except insert the original 128GB back in and restart the whole process. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/motivated_sapper1029
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air to 4K monitor

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:24 AM PST

    I'm really struggling to connect my MacBook Air (2019 I think) to my 4K monitor, whilst also having 2 standard USB attached and on charge.

    Is this possible?

    Using an HDMI adaptor makes the picture look really blurry and, when using DisplayPort, I can't charge and connect to the monitor at the same time.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sansom123
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Pro vs Razer Book 13 | Review

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    Facetime won’t work through headphones - Macbook Air 2019

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:53 PM PST

    Currently using a pair of wired headphones with built in mic on my macbook air 2019, I've done all the latest updates. I can be chilling listening to music through them no problem, but the minute someone answers a facetime call the audio switches to the macbook speakers. I've gone into system preferences and made sure that the headphones are selected but it makes no difference. I've only noticed it since updating to Big Sur so I'm thinking it's maybe a bug. Has anyone else experienced this? And is their a fix?

    submitted by /u/RainbowWhale101
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an ergonomic wireless mouse that works with MB but does not require a wireless receiver?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:37 AM PST

    No luck finding one on amazon and the decision is keeping me from going forward with buying a MB air.

    submitted by /u/scrubzork
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard comparison

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:26 AM PST

    How is the typing experience on Macbook pro M1 compared to the first version of the butterfly keyboard on Macbook pro 2017.

    submitted by /u/Theodds921212
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel