• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Apple Macbook My bulletproof banana skin for my new M1 Air finally came in!

    Apple Macbook My bulletproof banana skin for my new M1 Air finally came in!


    My bulletproof banana skin for my new M1 Air finally came in!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:17 PM PST

    I think I bricked my M1 from trying to factory Reset it.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    Has anyone had this problem before? I thought it would be a such a simple process like the other macbooks.

    submitted by /u/GREIGEMONEY
    [link] [comments]

    Is Macbook Air good in sunlight outdoors?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:20 PM PST

    Has anyone used macbook air outdoors with bright sunlight? How was your display experience?

    I'm a windows laptop user and have 300 nits anti-glare display right now. Macbook air has 400 nits brightness but doesn't have an anti-glare display. It'd result in tons of glare probably even indoors if you sit near a window.

    Please share your experience with MB air display. How bad is glare? How bright/sharp is display outdoors(i.e. at a sunny beach)?

    submitted by /u/brat3
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro TrackPad Question!!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    So I was cutting pieces of paper and I guess a tiny piece feel between the gap of my trackpad.

    Is that gonna cause any issues with my Macbook or is it gonna catch on fire or explode? Its like the tiniest piece of paper. It's a NEW Macbook so I hope this doesn't cause any issues. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tsmc223
    [link] [comments]

    Is battery drain while my MacBook is off normal?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:57 PM PST

    I turn on my MacBook every week or so to log in to some stuff. I haven't used it as much since graduating college. Something I noticed was that the battery percentage is always less each time I turn it on. For example, a few weeks back it was at 85%, next time I logged in a few weeks later it was 76%, and the other day it was 65%.

    Is this normal? I'm only on it for a little while, usually not long enough to lose battery.

    submitted by /u/coldhoundoom
    [link] [comments]

    Future Apple devices including, Macbooks may support reverse wireless charging

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:46 PM PST

    Macbook Pro i5 16GB 2017 vs Macbook Air i5 16GB 2018

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:20 PM PST

    Which MB is better and why? It would be used for xcode, android studio and other programming stuff. Is MB Air enough for programming with i.e. android emulator?

    submitted by /u/RebeliantMonster
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got a question for the people who have bricked M1 Mac or any other Mac!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:41 PM PST

    I did some research on this reddit and the Macrumors forum and it seems like a lot of Macs got bricked when they used "PD charge thru USB C hub". I want to dig more in to this issue and probably it can help future users to avoid their Mac to be bricked.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/nayo95
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for moving to M1?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    Hi /r/macbook! I've got an M1 MacBook Pro coming on Tuesday and I'm super excited. I've currently got a 2016 MacBook Pro I'll be moving from - is there anything I should know or things I might have to get used to or things you wish you'd known re: the new chip? (I'm a CS student and I mainly use the PC for programming, writing docs and playing games)

    submitted by /u/cusmx
    [link] [comments]

    Data Transfer question - Switching from MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) to the new MacBook Air M1

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:31 PM PST

    Memory: Old Macbook Air = 128gb (pretty much maxed out) New Macbook Air= 256gb

    I'll be getting the new M1 Macbook Air next week and I'm planning on transferring data from my old MacBook air using the Migration Assistance feature. The issue that I'm having is that I'm currently using a transcend storage expansion card (goes into the card reader slot) to store iPhoto, iTunes, and Photo Booth library data.

    Will I have the option to transfer that data through Migration Assistance or would I have to manually add it in through a usb-c hub card slot? I just don't wanna have problems with the files not routing properly to their respective apps if I do it manually.

    submitted by /u/gcdeluna
    [link] [comments]

    Why no SFTP in Finder?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    Is there any reason why SFTP connection's are not possible through Finder? All other types are possible..

    submitted by /u/Akroma188
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make keyboard brightness automatically turn on/off depending on ambient brightness?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:29 PM PST

    I have the M1 MBA and I find it a bit inconvenient that keyboard brightness can only be controlled through the control center. At the same time, I like the new functions of F5 and F6 which replaced the original buttons for keyboard brightness, so remapping those buttons is already not an option.

    What I'm interested is if there's an option or tool that automatically turns on keyboard backlight when the surrounding gets dark, and turns off when the surrounding gets bright enough? Currently, the built-in auto brightness adjustment toggle in Settings > Keyboard does the opposite: when the surrounding gets brighter, the keyboard backlight also gets brighter, which doesn't make sense because brighter surroundings means you don't need the keyboard backlight, until a certain very very bright ambient light has been reached which then triggers the backlight to turn off.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    EDIT: corrected some info in the original post regarding auto brightness. And to add to my question, maybe you can suggest a tool that can modify, specifically lower, the max ambient brightness that triggers the backlight to turn off. I just noticed that only very bright ambient light (I emulated with a flashlight) triggers the backlight to turn off.

    submitted by /u/FirmNaringenin7312
    [link] [comments]

    "There was an error preparing the Time Machine Backup Disk" using 8TB Seagate External USB with exFAT

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:36 PM PST

    I'm trying to use a 8TB Seagate External USB formatted to exFAT for my Time Machine, brand new drive, but I get the error "There was an error preparing the Time Machine Backup Disk. POSIX Reports: The operation couldn't be completed. Invalid argument."

    Anyone know how I can get this external drive to work with Time Machine?

    So far I've tried:

    - Disk Utility: First Aid and Erase the drive

    My system:

    - High Sierra 10.13.6 MacBook Pro

    submitted by /u/KillerTofuGrindz
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t Update MacOS on New SSD

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Hey!

    After getting advice from this forum about getting an SSD for my mid-2012 MacBook Pro, I did it!

    However, now a new problem has come up. I can only use the Mountain Lion OS, and I can't find any way to update it. I'm posting here as my last resort, but if this doesn't work, I'm just gonna go back to the old HDD. I've spent many hours trying to figure this out, and nothing online seems to help.

    When I try to download a newer OS, it says I can't. Even when I get a combo update to try to get it on my flashdrive, it says I can't. With Mountain Lion, I can't even support Word.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Pack_81
    [link] [comments]

    Low-End PC?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    So currently, I own a 13" Late 2009 MacBook. Heres the specs:

    OS: macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

    Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

    Please let me know if it's decent!

    submitted by /u/BigBobbyE141
    [link] [comments]

    Need help figuring out my options

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:13 PM PST

    So I bought a 2013 MacBook Air and I've had it for quite a while now, so it's getting on. It's dual core i5, 4gb ram.

    I use it hooked up to an external monitor, smth like this

    So most of the time I've got maybe a few safari tabs and a word document open, but increasing I've got photoshop open and I'm working on project on there. It gets very slow, and loud.

    I understand it's old kit, but is there anything I could do to give it a last lil kick? I've heard a clean install helps, so could that be an option? Or is it time to reinvest?

    submitted by /u/fsd12334
    [link] [comments]

    No fan in the macbook air?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:04 PM PST

    I read the Pro has a fan and the Air does not.

    I was thinking of getting the Pro but I kinda like the idea of no fan. My old laptop and my friends gaming laptop the fans get loud and annoying.

    Is it strange to view no fan in the Air as a good thing?

    submitted by /u/HS_ALtER
    [link] [comments]

    Survey: What is your most PIA part of the MacBook disassembly / reassembly processes?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:39 PM PST

    I am not talking about the ID(ten)T part, like my realization of not reconnecting the battery as I was screwing in the final screw of the back cover!

    But the part that gives you the most grief!

    My candidate for #1:

    Reattaching the keyboard ribbon cable

    submitted by /u/RetiredCADguy
    [link] [comments]

    Do I upgrade to the new MacBook Pro M1?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    I currently have a MacBook Pro 2019 128GB (I wished I got more at the time 128GB is ridiculously small as I develop).

    I'm seriously looking to selling my current MacBook to either get the new MacBook Pro or wait for the newest (speculated) MacBook Pro 14" coming out later this year.

    I know Apple Products don't tend to lose their value at stupid rates but I'd like to sell my current MacBook before it's value does get under around £800.

    Anyone advising not to do this and stick with what I've got for the next couple of years or ?

    submitted by /u/nathan12581
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recording app

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:21 PM PST

    Hi all, I have a MacBook Pro 2012 with Catalina running (updated parts via a friend) and I'm trying to find the best free screen recording app to record my slack meetings for work. Any suggestions? Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/tinyquestions2
    [link] [comments]

    Printing Question

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:30 PM PST

    When I try to print from Google Docs or Google Slides, I do not get the print options window, but instead it downloads my document to Downloads, and opens up the PDF file in Preview. I get no options to select a printer or export file type. How can I change this so I am able to print?

    Thank you!

    Info: Using MacBook Pro M1, Safari.

    submitted by /u/jaaelliott
    [link] [comments]

    So my 2019 128gb MacBook air doesn't have enough storage to install big sur even though I barely use the storage

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    I should've taken everybody's advice and went with the 256gb model. I thought I wouldn't need the space since I'm just a programmer. Didn't think ahead that it couldn't even handle it's own operating system.

    It seems like "other" is what's hogging up all the space, whatever that is.

    submitted by /u/daybreakin
    [link] [comments]

    Visual Arts in Macbook Air

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:19 PM PST

    I wanted to know that, Can We do Graphic designing on New Macbook Air M1 or not? Feel free to comment your views and experiences😉!

    submitted by /u/realumeribrahim
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel