• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I have a black spot not a blue one?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:21 PM PST

    Travel to Berlin Next Week in the new Mario Kart Tour

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:49 AM PST

    Regarding Optimized Battery Charging

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:13 AM PST

    Hello, so I have a simple question regarding OBC.

    Does OBC only works for iPhone users who tend to leave their phone to charge overnight ? In my case, I always charge my phone manually when it's at about 40%, and then charge it up to around 80%, and this whole process of charging from 40 - 80% takes less than 30 minutes.

    So if I am manually charging my phone from 40% to 80% ( at any time of the day ), with a duration of less than 30 minutes, even if I have Optimized Battery Charging turned on, it will still not be activated for me right ? Because my charging method itself is already beneficial to the battery so iOS will not interfere with it hence OBC will not activate for my case regardless ?

    submitted by /u/Sotsotzaii
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips to speed up an old device?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:27 PM PST

    Hi all! I've got a Mini 4, Wi-Fi model, 64GB, and since July of last year when I got my OnePlus 7T, it's been sitting in my drawer. I took it out and updated it to the latest version with a clean install, but now iPadOS 14.3 is utterly and horribly slow, and the iPads lags by A LOT.

    Does anyone have any tips or ideas to speed it up a little, for basic productivity and a little YouTube?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/macospro_bably
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Profile with JVC KW-X830BT

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Hello everyone 👋🏼 I need a little bit of help with troubleshooting the bluetoothconnection between my iPhone and the Cars Bluetooth radio... I have a iPhone Xs running iOS 14.3 and a JVC KW-X830BT. I can connect to the radio via bluetooth but I got a little Issue: When I connect my Xs (or any other iOS device) the JVC is recognized as a headset. This results in malfunctioning Do not Disturb while driving as well as navigation volume handling while listening music. Please help me to fix this one 🙈

    submitted by /u/C0deQ
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable automatic grant of mobile data permission?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    Hi,

    I hope you would be able to help me with my question.

    I have noticed that when I install a new app some permissions, such as mobile data or background app refresh, are granted to the apps by default.

    I have tried to disable the changes to that permissions from the Settings > Screen Time > Content and privacy restrictions but when disabled, it just grants the permission by default and doesn't allow me to change it, until I re-enable the change.

    One more thing that bugs me is that the mobile data permission won't be visible until the app tries to access it at least one time, so for example if i'm on wifi and install a new app, to restrict mobile data for that app, i will need to first turn off the wifi, open the app, then go to settings and turn mobile data off.

    I was wondering if there is any way to have a whitelist type permission granting, where app doesn't have the permission until explicitly granted?

    submitted by /u/chekh
    [link] [comments]

    https://9to5mac.com/2020/12/01/iphone-12-dropping-service-unexpectedly/

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:08 AM PST

    Message photo favorites. How come when I take a picture I have favorites pop-up that I can text to (see pic) phone on right. On my wife’s phone when she takes a photo there are no favorite icons?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:17 PM PST

    There is a new “RAW” section for the iOS/iPadOS Photos app. As someone who loves importing from the DSLRs this is a welcome feature. :)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    Music apps on ios 10

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Hello.

    My mom has an old iPhone 5c and is wondering if there's any way to get music on her phone.

    She tried Spotify but it says it requires ios12, so if anyone knows a different app or way it would be very appreciated.

    Sorry for the question but I'm not familiar with ios.

    submitted by /u/falppy_bird
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean if there’s an image from me (thati didn’t send) in an iMessage group chat that says ‘From GIPHY’

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:09 AM PST

    I picked up my phone and replied to a message in the group chat.

    This image was there when I replied but I wasn't really paying attention and I thought somebody else had sent it. I looked later in the day and it turns out that that message came from my phone. When I long click on the message I see those words From GIPHY, but the giphy app isn't on my phone.

    The timestamp is the same as my reply, but it's not clear to me if the image is already been sent to the group chat or if it was just cute up in the reply text.

    Any ideas? I haven't interacted with this gig recently and the copy/paste buffer was empty.

    submitted by /u/azeotroll
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm app that ignores Do-Not-Disturb mode like the system alarm does

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:54 AM PST

    I keep my phone in do-not-disturb mode all the time, like 24/7, and have it set so calls from anyone will still sound but any notifications are silent. It's perfect for me and has brought me great peace of mind because now I check my phone when I want to, not when it makes a sound.

    Anyways, I also want an alarm app with better functionality than the system clock app. I've tried two the past few days and they both are silenced because of the do-not-disturb mode! I would've thought Apple would provide the ability to override this mode if the app labelled the notification as an alarm or critical type event.

    If it's not possible, that seems kinda anti-competitive since Apple is giving special functionality to its app that no other app can use.

    Is anyone aware of an alarm app that ignores do-not-disturb mode?

    submitted by /u/the_joe_flow
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook Messenger calls bypass system Do Not Disturb

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:18 AM PST

    Has anyone else noticed that even when their phone is in do not disturb that it still vibrates for Messenger audio and video calls? Is there an easy fix for this short of blocking them?

    submitted by /u/benjamin_manus
    [link] [comments]

    [New Feature Suggestion] show normalized %ge / hr usage for each app

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:19 AM PST

    The battery usage screen shows information for last 10 days how much battery is used per day and how much percentage of it is consumed per App. However, this is not very useful.

    iOS could have an option of showing per App usage in (%/hr), this would provide a normalized value for apps and could be really useful to pin down which app drains more and which app is in general more efficient.

    Also, it makes more logical sense to show stats since last charge instead of last 24 hours.

    I'm not sure if someone from iOS development team actually reads this if they do I really hope they consider it as a feature request.

    submitted by /u/veneno11
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to put movies onto iPhone

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:29 AM PST

    So I have been trying and failing for the last one and a half hours to transfer movies to my iPhone.

    Since it does not work through iTunes anymore I tried figuring it out via the finder under iPhone but still can't figure out a way to add a folder to the list under movies/tv shows.

    Then I read about the Apple TV app being the place to go so I tried to import a folder but nothing happens and it all just stays blank. This is using the mkv format which I believe shouldn't be an issue.

    I am now in the process of uploading it all to iCloud and then downloading it on my iPhone but it seems like it's going to take a while - does anyone know how to do this efficiently?

    submitted by /u/Cryptohaas
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: You can disable system app notifications in Screen Time! (How-to in comments)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:45 PM PST

    Anyone experiencing keyboard lag lately?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Across the entire system, all apps. I'm on the latest OS on an iPhone 11. Been happening for weeks and it's driving me a little crazy!

    submitted by /u/webbedgiant
    [link] [comments]

    Analytics Data just vanished?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:10 PM PST

    So I've been meaning to make a post about my bizzare phone activity and I kept procrastinating to export all the analytics data but I often checked it to see if anything was responsible at a moment when something weird happened.

    Anyways today I was doing a lot of searching on sysadmin and netsec stuff and I just go to check my analytics data and it's been wiped and there's only a WebKit Networking entry that was done moments ago..

    Is there a way to recover that information thats now been wiped?

    And also, I haven't cared to stay up to date with this for years, but are non jail broken iPhones still malware proof and such? I thought I had RAM issues mainly cause storage of 256gb was filled up so I cleared a good 20-30gb yesterday and now it's been even buggier, the phone gets so hot I could fry an egg as they say it's a little bit excessive imo lol for it to be that hot anyways

    submitted by /u/greekdished
    [link] [comments]

    Equivalent meme maker app for iOS

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    Not really the type of post that's on this subreddit, but I'm going from Android to iOS and I'm trying to find an alternative to the meme making app I've been using (Zombodroid Meme Generator). I know there's a version on iOS, but it's an old version of the app, with it's last update being from 2017. Any other apps that could work?

    submitted by /u/_lifeline_
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked number but still got a text message from them. How do I fully block them?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:57 PM PST

    So I blocked my exes number becuase she was being crazy after we broke up and after I blocked her I got a text message (not iMessage) from her. I then unblocked her and reblocked her and put my phone on airplane mode and turned off iMessage. And just have my phone just completely cut off from the world.

    I blocked her through the messages app.

    In my blocked contacts it has her number and name saved but the number has no spaces between them like this xxxxxxxxxx unlike my other numbers that are like this xxx-xxx-xxxx.

    Any ideas on how to fully block her so I can use my phone and not have to be harassed? Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/waitwhatdidisayagain
    [link] [comments]

    How many iphones can be on one Apple ID

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Because on my Apple ID their is 7 iPhones 9 iPads and 2 macs and 5 watches and a few AirPods. And they are all completely separate but I was wondering if this is too many and I should create everyone a different account as all the messages and phones keep going through everyone else's. and if I turn music of my AirPods then my little brothers music will play through and I think there might be to many. Will explain in more if needed.

    submitted by /u/Travisholdsorth
    [link] [comments]

    Control centre volume

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:17 PM PST

    So I've noticed that my control centre volume slider is not changing the sound for anything it will move up and down but will not change the sound on things like YouTube twitch FaceTime does anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/rsevans21
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know an app that can do this?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:30 PM PST

    Is there any app in the App Store which does the following things - you would be able to shade in boxes in a grid- for example a school timetable, I could tap a specific lesson and shade it if I have some extra work to do for that lesson. Then after I finish I would be able to tap it again and return it back to its unshaded state - this may be pretty obvious but I want it to retain what was shaded even if I swipe off and close the app. -optional but useful would be to add notes to that lesson - also quite obvious again- a way to input your timetable into a grid- (the grid should be Formatable)- I would be change the number of rows and columns...

    So that is what I desire from the app- does anyone have or know any apps which fit this vague description and requirements

    submitted by /u/Nano-Watch
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel