• Breaking News

    Friday, January 1, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dead strip appeared on my iPhone 11, currently on 14.3 but don’t know if that is the cause. There is no visual damage to the phone but there is no response to any form of touch to that strip no matter the orientation of the phone. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:27 PM PST

    My moms iPhone 7 has the option of this NFC chip reader in the Control Centre while my 2nd gen SE doesn’t. Anyone knows why?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:04 AM PST

    Three buttons to turn the flash on. Seven buttons to text a video. What is IOS 14 about? [11 Pro]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:42 AM PST

    EDIT: Thanks for not attacking me guys. It's interesting to see what others think. I have learned a few shortcuts from y'all along the way.

    Why did they fix so many non-broken things?

    On top of adding excessive camera noise reduction(even with Smart HDR turned off), they have needlessly complicated setting times for alarms, turning your flash on, texting a video to someone, etc...

    Did they justify getting rid of the simple scroll wheel for alarm times, in favor of the world's smallest ugliest grey box?

    Or justify separating photos and albums into tabs, when selecting media to send over text? Now it takes SEVEN taps to send a video. Apps, Photos, All Photos, Albums, Videos, Add, then Send.

    Or justify adding a tiny arrow you need to hit every time you want to turn flash on?

    That's what I want to know. The face smoothing thing especially pisses me off as Smart HDR is already turned off.

    submitted by /u/avaail
    [link] [comments]

    Update from ios 12 to ios 14?? (iPhone 8)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:31 AM PST

    Hi guys Happy New Year! I have a question: I have an iPhone 8 with ios 12.4. 1 week before ios 14 launch I downloaded ios 13 but I forgot to install it :(. So now in the settings I can only download and install ios 14. Is it so bad? Cause I'm afraid especially for the battery autonomy (wouldn't be a problem to buy a new battery, but I need to know how much battery power drain) . Or is it any chances to download somewhere ios 13?? Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/ElleV3
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Doesn’t Connect to Some Wi-Fi Signals

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Hi,

    Ever since updating to iOS 13 on my iPhone 6S, I haven't been able to connect to some Wi-Fi signals. This is the only device that can't, saying "Unable to join the network 'network name'. "

    I've tried forgetting and reconnecting, turning on and off Wi-Fi, and even Network Reset my device to no avail.

    Is this because of the outdated hardware, or is this a software bug? What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Timonado
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Xr and after latest iOS update, my Apple TV app on the phone just doesn't pick up the AppleTV. I turn on plane mode then reactivate to cellular and wifi on, and it still doesn't pick up

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:12 AM PST

    so it's stuck on searching. Any recommendation? We had little problems using our apple tv remote app on our phones prior to this.

    submitted by /u/raisly_questions
    [link] [comments]

    How can i download an older version of an app ?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:28 AM PST

    Iam playing a game which recently got an update that made it nearly unplayable, so i want to go back to like 2 versions before , is it possible ? ... by the way my iPhone is 7 plus and is updated it to the latest ios version , thanks in advance .

    submitted by /u/Hasanain77l
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech G603 extreme mouse lag when connected via Bluetooth to my IPad Pro, any fixes?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:20 AM PST

    I have been looking up for fixes for quite a while, but all the "solutions" i found were like "forget and pair it again" or just "reconnect whenever it lags" Is there, currently, any viable solutions?

    submitted by /u/Sweepcow125
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have an issue with youtube (in safari) not playing audio?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:30 AM PST

    I've had this issue now for a couple of months where when a video starts, be it clicked on manually or next up in a playlist, does not play audio. I need to refresh the page or minimize safari and then re-open to get the audio to kick in. This is intermittent not every video. My gut is telling me this is some sort of glitch to do with that "tap to unmute" function but it happens whether it says tap to unmute or not.

    I've tried:

    • clearing all safari data, including youtube data
    • closing safari and rebooting phone
    • even completely wiped the phone
    • happens when logged in or logged out
    submitted by /u/jack_hof
    [link] [comments]

    When I go into messages on my phone and delete a text message then I go to my iPad the message is still there. How do i get it sync up?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:53 AM PST

    It makes no real sense why it doesn't sync by default.

    submitted by /u/andrewta
    [link] [comments]

    Safari can’t open local https pages

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:03 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I run many web servers on my nas and I noticed that safari refuses to allow me to navigate into them. No problem with edge or chrome.

    I'm new to iOS, can someone please tell me how to change it?

    TY

    submitted by /u/jokerigno
    [link] [comments]

    How to accept Media Services Terms and Conditions? When clicking OK it brings up a white screen which doesn’t load even in 1,5 hours. Have tried signing in and out of iTunes account as well to nothing.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:40 AM PST

    Can’t change default audio file app iOS

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am on the latest version of iOS and have somehow set the default app for audio files to Amazing Slow Downer. I transfer audio files from my MacBook all the time and need it to go to Files instead. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set it back. Any help would be great.

    submitted by /u/darkr0b
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max randomly doesn’t allow me to change network settings or make calls

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:19 AM PST

    Hi! I'm running iOS 14.3 on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. As the title suggests, my phone randomly won't allow me to make calls or open contacts (either from the phone or contacts app) or open about or cellular section in the settings app randomly. Going into any of the mentioned settings panel, the app freezes. Same if I try to make a phone call from favorites or the dialer. iMessage works but media doesn't go through. This happens out of nowhere & doesn't fix itself unless I restart the phone (airplane mode toggling doesn't fix it). The network bars show they have coverage, although toggling cellular data from settings does nothing. WiFi works, however. I've tried resetting the network settings, but it did nothing. This wasn't an issue before 14.3. Anyone else experiencing the same issues or know any workaround?

    submitted by /u/Pro_96
    [link] [comments]

    Is this one of the ios 14.4 bugs?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:48 AM PST

    All apps I had installed before are moved app library 'extra folder'

    Are there people like me?

    submitted by /u/comjy00n
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any other IOS application similiar to iVerify but free to install?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Hi

    Is there any other ios app similiar to iverify but free of charge? I just wanna try an app that scans my whole iphone for security related issues.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cloudstrife677
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Calendar having troubles with 2021... leap year??

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:19 AM PST

    Headphone Safety Notification

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:34 PM PST

    Hello!

    I just got the new IPhone 12 Pro for Christmas and I just ran into this problem. When I was listening to music in the car i got the headphone safety notification and it started to turn down my music, then i proceeded to get 20+ more immediately after that. This is brand new as I haven't even been using the phone for more than a week. Now the notification will pop up even if I'm not playing anything and the volume is all the way down. I have already been told that I can't turn these off so is there any possible way to fix this because it is horrible to deal with, or do I need to just downgrade back to my old phone. Please please help me out.

    Have a good new year guys! <3

    submitted by /u/dctxr
    [link] [comments]

    Why messaging apps don’t have dedicated folders?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:27 PM PST

    I use both iOS and Android, and one of the features I love with Android is dedicated media folders for different messaging apps and camera apps. I use Messenger, Viber and Telegram. All the photos/videos sent and received from those apps have dedicated folders inside Gallery. Why do their iOS version don't have this functionality? Is there a way to force it?

    submitted by /u/bbibbiboi
    [link] [comments]

    Allways on top cpu ram temp monitor?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    Allways on top cpu ram temp monitor? When I had my pc and android phone I liked to have something like this running to keep a eye on things

    is there a always on top app for the iPhone that do the same thing

    submitted by /u/Conscious_Panic841
    [link] [comments]

    I use 2 SmartDNS Providers to bypass Geo-Restrictions - Is there a App that I can easily switch between them rather than manually inputting them each time?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Hey Guys,

    I use 2 SmartDNS Providers and my own ISP DNS on my IOS Devices. The problem I have is 90% of the time i'm on my ISP's DNS which is fine but when I want to watch Geo-Restricted content I have to Manually input the DNS Servers each time. Is there a App that allows me to input all 3 DNS Servers and I can freely select the one I need at any given time?

    EDIT:

    I use this for Android. So something similar would be awesome.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aykutcevik.dnschanger&hl=en_GB&gl=US

    submitted by /u/Ecr24
    [link] [comments]

    When messaging and sending photos this problem arises. The keyboard fills half of the screen and only a small portion of the picture I am sending is shown. The "To" section is almost 1/4 down. Only is corrected for a short time by restarting iPhone. Is there any other way to fix this?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Need Help- Super slow app store downlods

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Hi folks... So bought brand new iphone 11 and iphone 11 pro max during the boxing day sales but I'm seeing that the app store downloads are... Very very slow.. On both these phones. I have no clue how to fix it. Websites work proper, streaming and everything else works fine, except app store downloads. I've tried sign out/sing in, mutliple taps at the bottom of app store, changing dns servers.. But nothing seems to be helping. Anybody here who can help?

    submitted by /u/ownliner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel