• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    macOS When will they add system wide AirPlay 2 to MacOS?

    macOS When will they add system wide AirPlay 2 to MacOS?


    When will they add system wide AirPlay 2 to MacOS?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:50 PM PST

    I got 2 homepods for Christmas and it's just not Apple like to use. I have to create a new midi device leave tv app open etc. Why can't I just select my Stereo HomePod setup as a speaker :( very un Apple like.

    submitted by /u/paulkoslo
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple ever going to fix iCloud tabs?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:24 PM PST

    It's long been SUPER unreliable. Often it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it randomly does. Often when it does show sites, they'll be ones that I closed long ago. I've noticed now that Safari on macOS (on two different Macs) doesn't even give me the option to turn iCloud tabs on for the start page, like it's supposed to.

    The way it's stopped functioning and disappearing from Safari is making me think Apple is quietly killing off the feature. Which is stupid.

    submitted by /u/fsdbgsdszdfs
    [link] [comments]

    Apple shared albums are a mess

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:16 AM PST

    Hi there,

    Before joining the ecosystem, I was managing and sharing most of my photos on Google Photo. The service is very nice, but when I got my iPhone, I found the Apple Photos app good enough, and since most of my contacts have an iPhone too, I just create a shared album whenever I want to share good memories with friends or family.

    But I find the shared albums to be so bad:

    • You can't order photos chronologically
    • You can't edit photos
    • You can't identify people

    That is very nitpicky, but it is the kind of details that drives me crazy because the rest of the app is very good.

    Any idea on how I could ask for this kind of features, if it is possible?

    submitted by /u/Lyro_1
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Apple Music app on MacOS Big Sur basically like the music part of iTunes?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:42 PM PST

    I currently only own Windows machines so I'm used to iTunes but I also use the smart playlist, folders, ability to add your own music and artwork on top that. As well as reorganize your added music and add meta data and all that. That's something I use pretty consistently with music you can't get on Apple Music that can be uploaded to iCloud music library. I'm assuming that this is possibility but I haven't really been able to find any info on it

    submitted by /u/erclark99
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feel like Big Sur is hideous?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    It took me many, many tries, but I finally built a bootable installer (in retrospect, this is actually much easier than it seems) and restored my Mac to Catalina. What a breath of fresh air! The exaggeratedly large icons and bloated UI of Big Sur were enough to drive me to distraction.

    submitted by /u/locallynumb
    [link] [comments]

    Apple macOS Evolution + History (10.0 to 11 Big Sur)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:38 AM PST

    [HELP] Upgraded to Big Sur on 2018 MacBook Pro. Now my machine doesn't recognize my correct password.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    My machine is logged in, but I cannot access password-required features and settings. I've had my same password for several months, and now the Mac says it's incorrect. How do I address this?

    EDIT Ok, some real bullshit going on. I logged out and tried the solution offered below, but the password WORKED. However! When I try to access my saved passwords on Safari, my main password does NOT work.

    I'm not sure what to do here.

    submitted by /u/coffeeadaydoctoraway
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible that I accidentally erased my MacOS portion or am I just dumb?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:18 PM PST

    I just installed Windows on my Mac via Boot Camp and after doing so, I didn't get a pop up telling me to install Boot Camp or something and it doesn't give me an option to switch back to MacOS. If I have accidentally erased my MacOS portion, is there a way I can re install it?

    submitted by /u/ThiccLettuce11
    [link] [comments]

    dyld folder on 2017 MBP

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:32 AM PST

    My System/Library/dyld folder is 9.78gb on a 2017 128gb MBP. Is this normal, and if not, are there any programs that can safely trim down these?

    aot_shared_cache 2.61gb

    dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h 2.44gb

    dyld_shared_cache_x86_64 2.44gb

    dyld_shared_cache_arm64e 2.29gb

    dyld_shared_cache_arm64e.map 747kb

    dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h.map 576kb

    dyld_shared_cache_x86_64.map 575kb

    aot_shared_cache.t8027 0kb

    submitted by /u/RandmTask
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone still has the old .ipa for Netflix?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Hey,

    I tried to install Netflix on my Mac, but it crashed. I heard that only the new version does that, so does anyone have a compatible ipa?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/n00b90
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina dmg download

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:37 PM PST

    I want to upgrade to catalina. Can anyone give me the trusted dmg link? TIA

    submitted by /u/L_lawlet
    [link] [comments]

    Steam crashes on Big Sur after "Extracting Packages"

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:59 AM PST

    I've reinstalled Steam TWICE today, and I've only managed to get to the login screen ONCE - to which the program immediately crashed again. What's causing this? Why can't Steam work on my computer anymore?

    When I try to run sudo /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/steam_osx, this shows up at the end:

    zsh: killed sudo /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/steam_osx

    Why didn't the application continue running?

    submitted by /u/Kintsuta
    [link] [comments]

    Battery service recommendation on new M1 Air with 5 cycles. Is this a bug?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:26 AM PST

    Battery service recommendation on new M1 Air with 5 cycles. Is this a bug?

    Brand new M1 Air on 11.1 is showing battery service recommendation. Everything seems to be running as normal. Is this a bug?

    https://preview.redd.it/lrvh4lnl1w761.png?width=500&format=png&auto=webp&s=235ca20b521ca21607de36d1812ec9ef76cdcfed

    submitted by /u/jeph-dub
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to update my MBP 13'' Mid-2014 to Big Sur 11.1 now? Is there still a chance for it to get bricked?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:08 AM PST

    How do viruses work on Mac os?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:57 PM PST

    I was wondering do viruses run on Mac os just when you download them or do you have to launch them because I love Mac os because its so secure and linux because its open sourced and secure but I like the style and feel of Mac os more but I want to know this because if it does I have to test some applications on a virtual machine so I don't get a virus. Just in case

    submitted by /u/gussnassif
    [link] [comments]

    I closed my MacBook one day and opened it and it was loading with the apple but it would just keep rebooting so I restarted it countless times repaired hdd multiple times and it still didn’t fix.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I factory reset all my devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max, M1 Air, iPad Pro 2nd Gen) and none of them show iCloud tabs. It's been about 24 hours. Everything else seems to sync except tabs. Anyone else?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Optix MAG321CURV Thoughts and Opinions

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:37 PM PST

    I brought a Mac mini M1 and have been using my MSI Optic MAG341CQ monitor as it was my old gaming monitor but now I'm using the Mini more for photos and videos taking from the iPhone 12 Max Pro in ProRAW format and was thinking, is it worth replacing my current monitor with a 4K monitor like the Optix MAG321CURV.

    submitted by /u/AaronG85
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Big Sur 11.1 calls dropping when switching from iPhone to MBP

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:16 AM PST

    Hello,

    Currently when I start a call from my iPhone and want to switch it to my MBP the call is dropped.

    Does anybody else have this problem? I've found this thread where the issue was resolved by restarting the mac/phone, but it did not work for me.

    I can make phone calls from my mac and they work, but when the call is started on the iPhone and I want to transfer it to my mac the call is hang up.

    The iPhone/Mac software is up to date, the iPhone model is 11 and the MBP is the 2020 model with Apple Silicone.

    They are both connected on the same wifi network.

    Another issue I have is that sometimes when I start the call from the Mac and I'm calling an Android phone, the Android phone can't hear me but I can hear them, after hanging up and calling again it works.

    First I suspected the wifi network which is a dual band (2.4/5 ghz) and was thinking that the phone was on 2.4 and the mac on 5 and this would be the problem but, after disabling the 5 ghz band and connect both to the 2.4 ghz the problem still persisted.

    Thank you,

    submitted by /u/smartfridge2000
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade the CPU but can't find the compatible modules

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking to upgrade my iMac 4K Retina Display 21.5 2017 CPU from the standard 3.0GHz quad-core i5 processor it came with to an i7. I don't have a budget for the top-of-the-range i7-770 one (the highest in the series) however I want one that is in budget that will make a good difference. What specific modules are compatible with this model of iMac? any that don't have a 'k' at the end? or are some of them compatible also? I can't find much info on this online so would really appreciate the help.

    Thanks so much!

    Harvey

    submitted by /u/Antidotebeatz
    [link] [comments]

    Controlling macOS from Windows at 144hz?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    My setup is that I have a MacBook Air and a Windows desktop hooked to a 144hz monitor. I'd like to control the MBA from Windows but it's a little too slow/unresponsive for me. They will always be on the same local network.

    I've tried

    • Jump Desktop
    • AnyDesk

    but they are a little too slow, noticeable latency and doesn't take advantage of the 144hz monitor. Something like Parsec would be nice but can only host on Windows it seems.

    The alternative is to hook the MBA to the monitor and control the desktop, but since the desktop will mainly be used for gaming, this is not a preferred setup. I'd also need to buy a DP dongle for $35.

    submitted by /u/OleWedel
    [link] [comments]

    I currently have my macbook air hooked up to a monitor. i recently noticed that when the title goes away on Netflix the screen goes green/yellow tint. Anyone know of a fix? This also happens for other videos including youtube. I don’t think it needs to be color calibrated or whatever.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:30 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel