• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    macOS Ready for the new year

    macOS Ready for the new year


    Ready for the new year

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:26 AM PST

    My mind clicked

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:31 PM PST

    Anyone else notice the display image sharpening filter on M1 MacBooks?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:38 PM PST

    How's Big Sur now?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Is it still buggy? Should I expect issues in an upcoming brand new 13" 2020 MBP with Intel CPU (2.3GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz), 32 GB of RAM, & 2 TB SSD?

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. )

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    weird right click

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:04 PM PST

    weird right click

    for some reason when i right click, there is an option that says "fuck it" ... im not exactly sure why but its kind of annoying, i can include a picture. i am not sure if it came from something i downloaded but does anyone know if there is anything i can do to remove it? i know its really random but i tried looking it up and nothing came up, please lmk if anyone knows what i can do lol

    https://preview.redd.it/h5lv9lei7o761.png?width=171&format=png&auto=webp&s=4fbee387649d12a15120a536b004dce6e64ba540

    submitted by /u/briannafromvenus
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16" (2019) Stuttering / Lag with Text-Input, Safari scrolling etc.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:47 AM PST

    Hello,

    my Dad's MacBook Pro 16" (2019, Intel i9 2.3GHz, 1 TB SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB) has really annoying stuttering with simple things like text input in terminal, safari scrolling and other things. The issue existed on MacOS 10.15 (shipped OS) as well as Big Sur (newest update).

    We are 99% sure that it is because of downclocking of the integrated Intel GPU, because the issue only happens when this GPU is active. As soon as the dedicated AMD Card is activated the stuttering is gone.

    Things we've found / tried:

    - Uninstalled Chrome / Keystone (https://chromeisbad.com)

    - Reset Bluetooth

    - deactivated BetterTouchTool

    - reset SMC, PRAM, NVRAM etc.

    - Safe Boot

    - Reinstalled MacOS from USB Stick (over existing OS)

    - Formatted the whole SSD and reinstalled MacOS completely from USB Stick > Fresh Installation, tested right after first boot, stuttering was immediately noticable

    Every tip we found was pointing to the UHD Graphics 630 clocking down and not reacting fast enough / clocking too far down or something like this.
    Running on the dedicated GPU only fixes the issue but is not acceptable as battery life drastically decreases.

    The MacBook is brand new, bought it early October this year and the issue is there since day one (birthday present so the 14 day return was not valid on my dad's birthday at the end of october).
    But this is definitely unacceptable on a notebook priced at over 3500k €

    Any more ideas? Or should we contact apple support to replace the device (any chance that the problem is hardware-based?)

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/philipz794
    [link] [comments]

    Folders mysteriously wiped on an external HDD

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Alright, this is very tough, I'm still in shock as I never experienced such a thing before... I need help to figure out what happened with my files.

    Yesterday, I was organizing my media library (photos, music, backups from my phone, and other documents) using 2 external HDDs attached to an OWC drive docking station. At some point, I decided to move a big folder (about 400 GB) from drive 1 to drive 2 while I was looking online (hiclipart.com) for some transparent PNG icons to customize few folders. I downloaded a bunch of PNG icons, and then I moved that Icons folder from Downloads to the external drive 1 to one of the folders there. Well that's the time disaster happened: 3 of my folders (one with photos, one with resources, and one with music) suddenly vanished with no warning or any notification!!!

    On drive 1 I had 9 main folders and the 3 ones that got vanished had a "+" character in front of the actual name (ex. /Volumes/MEDIA LIBRARY/+ DIGITAL MUSIC LIBRARY/) (I have named it like that to be easier to identify while organizing my stuff). I didn't notice the actual wiping out immediately, only after a while (I don't know, 10 to 30 minutes maybe)...

    The storage of the missing folders (about 600 GB or maybe more) is now shown as available on drive 1 like it was deleted and the trash emptied. I have not a single clue what happened, and you can imagine that I wasn't that idiot to delete my own files. 6 of the folders which are now left on the HDD are intact and contains RAW data that I used to extract and organize into the 3 folders that I mysteriously lost.

    Besides that, when you delete such a big amount of files

    1. you'll get notified and

    2. it will take a while to be completed

    3. with a regular delete process will go into the Trash and then

    4. you should manually empty the Trash for files to completely be gone.

    None of these steps occurred! In fact, I'm always careful when I'm deleting folders and files from the trash looking always at the size of the files and folders that I will wipe.

    After this scary event, I immediately stopped working with the drive and I installed a few recovery apps in this order:

    Recoverit Data Recovery and then EaseUS Data Recovery, both totally useless as none of them discovered any deleted folder. Not even a trace, like never been there or existed! The hard drive is NTFS formatted, and I'm using it on Mac with the help of Paragon NTFS for Mac.

    Right now I'm scanning it with Runtime GetDataBack (on my Windows Notebook) but to be honest I have no hope anymore. The scan will take like 56h to be completed using the Level 5 - Deep Scan (first 3 levels discover nothing but only the remaining folders). The HDD is brand new (Seagate 16 TB HDD Exos X16, ST16000NM001G - retail, verified, with genuine SN) and is working flawlessly - I'll check later for bad sectors, but I doubt I'll find any - I've checked it also with CrystalDiskMark and looks good.

    Where can I see the event viewer on Mac (like a log for when files were moved, copied or deleted) to see exactly the moment when it happened? I had installed Bitdefender and I did also a scan with Malwarebytes but no virus or anything suspicious has been found...

    I'm really desperate, and I have no idea what can I do to recover my files...

    Please help!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/vstancu
    [link] [comments]

    That 1 pixel gap between a maximized window and the menu bar annoys me on a daily basis.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:12 AM PST

    Tools for checking Internet stability

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:04 AM PST

    hey.

    Can you guys recommend any tool which helps me tp check the stability of my connection? Because sometimes it feels like there are certain hiccups.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rezku__
    [link] [comments]

    Bored so I did this . I am gonna change it later

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:01 AM PST

    M1 macbook pro running 144hz 2k doing better than I expected running ios apps.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    How can I fix this, I’ve tried restarting nvram erasing the startup disks and everything I could think of I don’t know what to do. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro please help. Please I don’t have the money to replace this.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:19 AM PST

    Scaling makes UI looks bad

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:29 PM PST

    I have 27 in 4k (163 PPI) monitor and when I scale to 1440 (because default settings make everything too small), UI elements look not as crisp as on Windows.

    After some searching, I came across this article saying that if PPI of your screen is in range of 110-220 PPI then you will have a problem because

    macOS will render the entire screen to a virtual canvas, then bitmap scale it up or down to the desired size. The result is blurry pixels, higher memory usage, more work for the GPU to do, and shorter battery life for laptops.

    https://bjango.com/articles/macexternaldisplays/

    That's why interface looks bad and with laggy animation.

    Does anyone have this problem?

    submitted by /u/snownny
    [link] [comments]

    Any app like Netflix Party/Teleparty but for saved movies?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:23 PM PST

    Download a movie and watch it together with somebody who has the same movie. Is there any app for that?

    submitted by /u/KesoReal
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone found Big Sur to be terrible on memory when left on for any period of time?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:11 PM PST

    I have an iMac Retina 5K 2019, i9 with Radeon 580X. Up until recently, I would restart my computer only as needed - a few times a year.

    Since upgrading to Big Sur, I have experienced massive memory problems if the computer is left on for a day or longer. I have 40gb memory, and according to Activity Monitor, I have 30.54gb used right now. I only have Google Chrome open. I can't see any application that is taking up several gigs of RAM... My computer is laggy as heck, and the only thing that fixes it is a restart.

    I've tried working with Apple Support but I found that my Corsair keyboard doesn't work in the boot sequence, so I can't clear NVRAM or enter recovery mode. When I entered recovery mode via Terminal code, I couldn't control my computer at all (no response to keys or mouse).

    Has anybody else had something similar, even with a different OS, and might know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/optmspotts
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recording with audio is now impossible

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:55 PM PST

    Needing to screen record my wife's grandfathers funeral (never thought that would be a thing, thanks 2020)

    Using QuickTime will only let you use internal mic using system audio is just mute. Tried loopback which is the only thing that worked but they want $99 to record more then 10 minutes. Tried ishowu audio capture, a few others with no luck.

    I think the issue is these programs all worked for older OS and I'm now using Big Sur.

    Truth be told I'm just gonna break out the old thinkpad to get this problem solved but if anybody else has had this issue please let me know how to fix.

    submitted by /u/JeepyMcfly69
    [link] [comments]

    Screen flicker on M1 MBP

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Just not too long ago some strange thing happened when I was using safari. The blinking cursor in text fields disappear and I couldn't click on e.g. the google search bar to fill out some text.

    I minimised and then maximised safari and that issue went away.

    But then a few minutes later I noticed a flicker on the screen so I'm not sure if these issues are related. But now there are two flickering 'g's or maybe '3's or 9's, I don't know, they're faint and just left off centre of the screen. Each one maybe a centimetre in size. It stops flickering whenever the mouse is moving but starts again as soon as the pointer is stationary.

    Does anyone know what this could be or have any fix ideas? It persisted after a reboot.

    submitted by /u/6b6b9
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone getting pop up ads on Http sites?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    I've tried everything I could from using Ad Blockers to reinstalling macOS. But I won't stop getting redirected ads on http sites. Some of them are government sites for colleges so ads are very unlikely but it keeps happening..everytime I visit the website and click anywhere, a new tab opens with an ad. This happens on a lot of http site..

    submitted by /u/ravingelectron
    [link] [comments]

    Safari browser sound/speaker is always blue even if there is no sound. Is this normal?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:47 PM PST

    External Monitors - Best USB-C Adapter To Use For MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Hello Everyone,

    I am currently trying to find a working usb-c adapter to use for my WFH setup with my 2018 MacBook Pro. I have an external monitor I need, and would like USB-C power pass-through and a few USB ports would be ideal. I tried using a cheapo amazon usb-c adapter, that had all these features, but unfortunately it randomly has issues detecting my external monitor correctly.

    Request: If anyone has a usb-c adapter (I do not need a huge hub) they would recommend, primarily for connecting and using external displays (and USB-C Power-Pass through, USB ports, HDMI, etc.) with a 2018 MacBook Pro, it would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance everyone for your time and help!

    submitted by /u/A4orce84
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I have this strange usage in screen on time, while the MacBook is closed and charging, however I didn’t visit none of this websites ever. Can someone help me ?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:05 PM PST

    Is it okay if I delete these files?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:11 PM PST

    Is it okay if I delete these files?

    I've been trying to update to Big Sur on my 2017 128GB Macbook but it's been quite a challenge due to the storage constraints, I only need 2 more GBs and I think I have deleted everything I could but I was wondering if there was an issue deleting these 4 files specifically...

    https://preview.redd.it/zrnwujzckl761.png?width=391&format=png&auto=webp&s=de73c1b529098a474c87712d78f01bc92019a5e2

    submitted by /u/pureheroinexcx
    [link] [comments]

    True Tone and Night Shift not automatically turning on for external display (thunderbolt 27UN880)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:47 PM PST

    It's been several weeks since I updated to Big Sur, and man I wish I didn't have.

    One of the myriad of bugs that I've encountered was True Tone and Night Shift not automatically urning on for my external display after I wake my 16" Macbook pro 2019 from sleep. I have to go over to the control panel, and toggle the true tone and night shift buttons off and on to turn them on for my external display. Also, I keep my Macbook lid open when using my external monitor.

    This was not the case in Catalina - when I opened the lid to my mac while the external monitor was connected, true tone and night shift would automatically turn on for both displays.

    I heard that True Tone is only supposed to work on select displays, such as the old Apple Thunderbolt display or the ridiculously expensive LG - Apple Ultrafine Displays, but it does work on my external display that is not on the compatibility list -- the feature just doesn't automatically turn on when I wake it from sleep after I updated to Big Sur.

    Can anyone offer any suggestions? (yes, I have tried restarting my mac)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/primalmeme
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else gets very annoyed by external HDDs?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Sometimes I am near to hitting my iMac with my fist because once again my finder dialog totally freezes up because MacOS JUST NEEDS TO SPIN UP THE HDD THAT IS NOT EVEN NEEDED. Sometimes that shit happens also when I try wake up the Mac from Sleep.

    Is there any way to fix that instead of always needing to unmount the HDDs?

    submitted by /u/johnnyXcrane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel