• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    iPhone Hi, my niece accidentally, permanently deleted a video of my mother (who has since passed) any way I can get that back? I checked the cloud it’s not there. Thanks for the help.

    iPhone Hi, my niece accidentally, permanently deleted a video of my mother (who has since passed) any way I can get that back? I checked the cloud it’s not there. Thanks for the help.


    Hi, my niece accidentally, permanently deleted a video of my mother (who has since passed) any way I can get that back? I checked the cloud it’s not there. Thanks for the help.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    iPhone Deleted or Un-Downloaded All my Music?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Hi all. To make a long story short, my music app unexpectedly had some issues running, so I restarted my phone. Upon restarting, I noticed that all my music I've downloaded directly from iTunes had been un-downloaded, and I suddenly needed internet to either listen or re-download again. This was not just for newer downloads, this is for songs I downloaded as late as 7 years ago.

    More concerning is that every piece of music on my phone that was not purchased from iTunes has been removed, no trace of it. This includes largely music downloaded from CDs (which, since I've been using Apple products for music for 15 years, shouldn't be. surprising), comprising thousands of songs. No other issues on my phone have been detected, and this didn't happen during a phone update or anything else.

    Is this a bug? Something common but easily fixable? Or just part of Apple's general changes to the music app?

    submitted by /u/Pinto74686
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I have my old iPhone to my niece, but if she takes or deletes a photo on my old phone it does the same to my current. How can I make that stop?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:52 PM PST

    New iPhone 12 mini battery draining fast?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I recently got an IPhone 12 mini after having an XR since early 2018, my battery on my XR was dying fast, within 2 hours, and i was tired of its large size as I have relatively smaller hands. - besides the point. I realize the smaller the phone, the smaller the battery. But I do feel like this guy dies fairly quick.

    I have watched videos, and read articles on what settings to turn off to help preserve battery life, as well as using low power mode when my battery's getting kinda low. It seems like no matter what I do, the little dude just drains fast. I'm not in an area with 5G either, I'll add. I've turned off background app refresh on pretty much all of my apps, and I've just done most of the things you could think of to preserve battery life.

    I've checked the battery health and it says it's at 100%. I can be on it for 30 minutes and the battery goes down by 6% ( I'm not sure if that's normal or not, maybe I'm being dramatic. ). My iPhone XR even seemed to die slower and it's battery life was at 89%. But again, that could be due to the battery size right?

    I dunno, do you think I have a bad battery? Should I get the battery replaced ? Or is it just due to the smaller phone and I'm being a whiny bag?

    Ty in advance!

    submitted by /u/lavloves
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 mini - internal speaker sound problems - everything sound synthetic, robotic, echoey, tin can like

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:28 PM PST

    I just got the 12 mini and while getting voice messages for Christmas I recognised, that my friends and family sounded like robots. On my wife's phone (iPhone SE 2020) everything was normal. I recorded myself with the memo app and here ,while playing the recording back over the iPhone's built in speaker, it showed the same effect.

    It's like a strange sound effect over everything. Also while playing music or audio books. Like a very hard compressor that's exaggerating attack of sounds. Especially on audio books it sounds like a robot is reading to you.

    Even my wife immediately recognised that something strange is going on when listening audio over the internal speakers of my iPhone 12 mini.

    When using my Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones everything sounds normal. It's just the internal speakers where the sound is so super synthetic.

    Is anyone else experiencing this?

    On iOS 14.3 already and also having the keyboard sound and lock sound problem.

    Already tried a restart and hard reset.

    submitted by /u/faxe-system
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram notifications only sending to old iPhone 7 after transferring data to new iPhone 12

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:25 PM PST

    Instagram notifications not working on new 12 after transferring data from old 7, only sending push notifications to the 7

    I genuinely have no idea what's going on here! Did the transfer thing from my old iPhone 7 to my new iPhone 12, and everything seems to be working /except/ Instagram push notifications!

    All Instagram notifications immediately go to my old 7, and even when I wiped it the notifications still didn't "transfer" to the 12. I tried rebooting the 7 and retransferring all my data back, just to test if it was really "attached" to that phone, and it IS! All the data back and Instagram notifications are only going to that phone! What! Is! Happening!

    It might seem minor but it's just really frustrating, especially because that's the app I use more than any other to communicate with my friends and partner. Any help would be super appreciated

    (Also yes I have all Instagram notifications turned on and on the 12 I specifically enabled push notifications in iPhone settings—it's just not working for some reason)

    submitted by /u/noahspraghetti
    [link] [comments]

    Need help transferring data to a new phone

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:05 PM PST

    I was stupid enough to not back up my phone to iCloud and now I need to transfer data. Currently my old phone's touch screen is a bit broken, there is one number on my passcode that I cannot press, and I've turned my phone on and off meaning I can't use touch ID. So because of me not being able to press this one number, I cannot do apples new method of data transfer wirelessly where you just put the phones next to each other, I can't use iTunes on a pc or mac because since I've turned the phone on and off it says I must log in to the phone to use accessories (the charging cord connected to the pc), and I don't have iCloud. Does anyone have any advice how I can either use this phone to transfer from without being able to get into it, or how I can somehow press this one button to get in where the touch screen doesn't work. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/aidanblack2
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max service issues/not working

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:56 PM PST

    Hi everyone.

    I have done a little research before I decided to post this, and could not directly find an answer. I have had the new iPhone 12 Pro Max for about a month now and not had any issues with it at all. I have loved it until today. I went to bed last night and the phone was working perfectly fine. This morning, I have been struggling to keep service for more than 2 minutes and when switching apps. The phone will not let me call or text and I am stuck with what to do. I have been to AT&T and they have done all they can to help me. Is there any other suggestions or does any one know what to do with this issue? I have photos hereto help my explanation.

    Thank you for all the time and help!

    submitted by /u/itisyoon
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 possible problem or is it the Haptic Touch?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    Got a new iPhone 11 and I have a problem

    Sometimes if try to like an Instagram post it won't like it or if I open a snap on Snapchat and try to close it to quickly it won't register that I touched the screen? Anyone have any ideas Thanks

    submitted by /u/Eoghan_20
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max not restarting and opening apps

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:43 PM PST

    My friend decided to update their phone yesterday and today it won't restart nor allow them to open any apps at all. Any help would be very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/wilson6705
    [link] [comments]

    How to have my android phone number carry over to my iphone 8?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:41 PM PST

    The phone was a gift from someone, used, it was factory reset but still seems to have the number of the previous owner. How can o get this number changed?

    submitted by /u/YacobJWB
    [link] [comments]

    I have recently bought an used iPhone 6s and I can’t get FaceTime activated, someone please help me out !!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Everything else works perfectly except FaceTime and iMessage

    submitted by /u/lucifer11ol
    [link] [comments]

    Help iPhone SE won’t charge

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:17 PM PST

    I have my first generation iPhone SE for two and half years now and recently it stopped charging. Last time i check it has 82% battery health. It does recognize when it is plugged in but it doesn't charge. I can't take it to apple store because the repair is too expensive. What should i do?

    submitted by /u/Ancient_Fail1313
    [link] [comments]

    My contact on my iPone keeps changing back to a random name even when i edit it

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:55 PM PST

    So I change my contact name on the phone app, and it changes back every time I change my name. I think my little brother did something because it changes back to "Youtube Kidzoo". This is on the contact page of the phone app for iOS 14

    submitted by /u/xZervyz
    [link] [comments]

    how do i keep consistent fps on my iphone

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:47 PM PST

    whenever i play a game i can usually average 60 fps but after maybe 2-3 games i drop to 30-40 fps and sometimes 20. how can i fix this if their is anyway to fix it?

    submitted by /u/ZeeZax1
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble backing up photos.. advice please?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:46 PM PST

    Hi! I am having such a difficult time trying to backup my photos. I originally bought an external hard drive which I used to backup my photos on my laptop. However, I don't have a cable to connect it directly to my phone, and IDK if my laptop is messed up but I also cannot connect my phone to my laptop.

    Is there an easy way to do this? I have 10,000 photos on my phone which I know doesn't help anything. I then was trying to upload to google photos (i'll pay for the extra storage, i don't care at this point) but it uploads like 5 at a time and then freezes. Please help I've been trying to do this for dayssssss. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Different_Sound
    [link] [comments]

    Reset/Change IP Address?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:32 PM PST

    I usually book bets from my phone, but when i tried today, the different sites that I use said i was in a different state that i live in. I thought it was one site but its all of them. Tracked my ip address using google, and it showed up in another state. anyone know what caused the problem or a fix? i dont use vpns

    submitted by /u/joeyoung2121
    [link] [comments]

    How can I transfer voice memos from a Samsung s8 to an iPhone 11?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:23 PM PST

    Random photo showed up on my camera roll??

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:35 AM PST

    This unknown & really random photo showed up in my camera roll at like 3am. It's low in opacity and looks like a poster? There's text on it & it reads: 'I have been made so you can use me again and again'. The date on the photo says the picture's from the 25th of May, 5:37am—it's currently 27th of December. Don't understand why a picture from that long ago comes up next to my recent photos, and I've scrolled up to see if I had taken any pictures this year on May 25th, and I haven't. so... um, help please. Should I be worried???

    submitted by /u/bloodydiors
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 6 doesnt detect any wifi networks.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:06 PM PST

    I factory reset the phone and it still cant detect any wifi networks and I dont know what to do

    Edit: iphone has weak wifi signal. only detects when near router

    submitted by /u/galacticninja145
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 wont let me turn off headphone volume warning in USA?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

    I live in Texas. My iPhone X (fully updated) lets me turn off headphone volume warning. My friend's iPhone 12 (fully updated) lets you turn off too. For some reason my iPhone 11 (fresh reset or fully updated) wont let me turn it off. From what I understand, this is only supposed to happen in certain parts of Europe. Any idea how I can fix this or reset phone location or something?

    submitted by /u/HepatitisShmepatitis
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Xs SIM Locked but not really?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:18 PM PST

    Hey guys, question for you. About 10 months ago I bought an unlocked Xs off Swappa and my wife has been using it since then with a physical AT&T Prepaid SIM with no issues, now running iOS 14.3. The AT&T service issues in the mid South have left her without phone service so I was looking to add an eSIM with data access as a backup - in this case, DENT. When I tried to add the eSIM through Cellular Plans, I get an error that "Cellular Plans from This Carrier Cannot Be Added - Your device can only use cellular plans from a different carrier." I checked SIM lock status and I was surprised to see "SIM locked."

    Well, the physical SIM is definitely not locked because I tried a Mint mobile SIM and a Visible SIM and both connected without issue. What is going on here? Do I need to connect to iTunes or something? Is there some way to force it to reconnect to the activation server without doing a full wipe and restore? I'm really confused because the phone should have never been locked and apparently the physical SIM is not. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LawHero4L
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone stuck in a boot loop!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I have been active in this subreddit for a while now, however today my problem is different unfortunately...

    Due to low storage (below 600mb) on my device (iPhone 6S 64Gb, iOS 14.3), I decided to back it up and clean the data like old messages from Whatsapp and etcetera which would result in more than a few Gb of free space.

    In the process of backing up, iTunes popped the message "iTunes Could Not Backup the iPhone Because the iPhone Disconnected". I checked the cable and everything was looking just fine (connected). After that iTunes crashed and I disconnected my iPhone, but the loading icon was still rolling. I didn't know how to stop it so I restarted my iPhone, or at least tried to. That's when the iPhone failed to boot.

    Recalling the events beforehand, I remember seeing that the storage on my iPhone was full, only moment before I disconnected it. I found that odd and proceeded along thinking it must be some false positive read since my iPhone clearly had 600mb of free space just a moment before I started backing it up.

    I immediately realized that a sudden (accidental) disconnect may have messed my iPhone's storage up, and therefore now it's stuck in a boot loop. Google says that an iPhone cannot boot with all the storage taken up.

    Now I am stuck with a phone worth no more than a brick. I tried to fix the problem by using "Reiboot" software which promises to restore iPhone without loosing the data.

    After the software was done "updating" my Apple Mobile Device Driver, I was unable to get iTunes to recognize my device in restore mode.

    Having uninstalled and reinstalled the iTunes I found out that a device needs to be connected (unlocked) for a computer to recognize a new device and install the driver properly.

    What can I do to install Apple Mobile Device driver on my Windows 7 computer with my iPhone unable to boot?

    Forget the Reiboot, now even iTunes can't see my device :( Any tips? Thanks Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Red_Forest
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Will only charge while it off and with a specific cable?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:47 AM PST

    So i have an iPhone 7, I replaced the battery a few months ago, but now it will only charge while its off and will only charge with a specific cable i have. I bought a new cable and tested that it works on other devices but will not charge my iPhone. Also sometimes the phone will charge when its on, but as soon as i unlock it, it stops charging.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Triconick
    [link] [comments]

    Rapid battery health decline iPhone 11 Pro

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Around 1.5 months ago I purchased a used iPhone 11 Pro that had 99% battery health. That battery life has since dropped to 93% in this 1.5 month period. I'm assuming that's not normal? I'm don't believe I'm doing anything in particular do make it worse. No extreme temperature changes and I try to prevent the phone from going to 0%-10%. All I can think is maybe my charger is doing it? Otherwise what could cause it? Did the seller sell me a phone that was somehow counterfeit? Refurbished with no oem battery? Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PassageShot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel