• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    macOS Photoshop Logo is larger than the others 😩

    macOS Photoshop Logo is larger than the others ��


    Photoshop Logo is larger than the others ��

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:45 AM PST

    My complete setup :)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:52 PM PST

    M1 MBP Kernel Panic

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:36 PM PST

    Brave released their M1 version

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:37 PM PST

    Ad-killing native support, yay! https://brave.com/download/#mac-options

    submitted by /u/Neekofab
    [link] [comments]

    Any reviews of the Satechi USB-C Stand & Hub for Mac Mini

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:52 PM PST

    .pub editing alternative

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:44 AM PST

    Hi,

    I want to edit a pub file (or convert it to something compatible and send it back to some windows pc owner). What are my options?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ThenBanana
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics glitch on MacBook Pro Retina 2013 Late and iMac also

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:20 AM PST

    Graphics glitch on MacBook Pro Retina 2013 Late and iMac also

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Mojave to Big Sur is it worth it?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:57 AM PST

    Hi all

    I have a late 2015 27" iMac and i have been toying with the idea of updating to the latest OS Big Sur. I skipped Catalina but now i would like to take advantage of some of the newer features like side car (if it actually works well) that i'm currently missing out on with Mojave.

    I've heard and read about various issues people have with Big Sur but im not to put off by it as im sure there are people out there who's systems are fine with it. Should i hold fire and wait for a more stable Big Sur release or would i be good to give it a go do you think?

    I have a good CCC backup of my current install just to be safe

    Appreciate any advice

    submitted by /u/iamtherufus
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help? I’ve just redownloaded

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:06 PM PST

    Catalina Reinstall MBP mid-2012 - 14 Minutes Remaining for 10 Hours

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:06 PM PST

    Hey guys, my MBP mid-2012 was getting clunky so I formatted the whole hard drive and am now trying to reinstall the OS on a completely clean drive. After the first part of the installation, I am now on a white screen with an Apple logo and a progress bar stuck in the middle. I left it all day yesterday before getting impatient and doing a hard reset. Unfortunately that has just taken me back to where I was at and it switches between "estimating time remaining" and "14 minutes remaining". This has been going on throughout the night.

    I'm really stressed as I feel like I've bricked my macbook for no reason! I really don't know what to do next apart from leave it longer to install. Really inconvenient as I have work to do. Any help would be really appreciated here!

    submitted by /u/LunarCookie
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for anApp or script that can grab lost windows on duel monitor setup?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    Looking for a simple App or script that will grab windows that get lost on an external monitor. Thanks

    submitted by /u/buzlink
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else has the same issue after update to Big Sur?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:20 PM PST

    PDF files opening up blank in Preview (Big Sur 11.1)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:48 PM PST

    I'm unable to open PDFs sent to me by a firm I work with. This has happened on several occasions with PDFs they have sent to me but not with respect to any other PDFs. The subject PDFs are sizable (10 - 15mb each) and are able to be opened by everyone else on e-mail chains, but I believe I'm the only one using a Mac.

    Saving the files to Box and opening them directly on Box.com within the browser opens them just fine, but I'm unable to open them in Preview in order to modify and/or interact with the PDFs.

    I see that this has been a problem for others in the past (e.g., https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/esjgv3/pdf_files_opening_up_blank_in_osx_catalina/) but it doesn't seem like there are any real solutions posted online.

    I'm stumped and open to any ideas out there.

    submitted by /u/The1percenter
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Spotlight Preferences

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:35 PM PST

    I use the spotlight regularly for finding local files and launching apps. I do not use it to search the internet. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable the web search suggestion and its annoying as its the top suggestion to come up. I have a 2020 MBA running Big Sur. Any help appreciated please and thank you

    submitted by /u/beholdbenefit
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fix this logo prob in my MacBook. I need help

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:14 PM PST

    [TIL] Change wallpaper on multiple displays in a flash

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Got an M1 Mac and used the Migration Assistant? Don’t forget to download Chrome for “Mac with Apple Chip”.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:02 AM PST

    I was pleasantly surprised at how well things migrated from my 2017 MBP, but didn't even think to reinstall chrome.

    submitted by /u/zimmbo
    [link] [comments]

    Most recent macOS and AirPods updates have made my AirPods 2 absolutely unusable on the Mac

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    For context, I'm using the MacBook Pro M1 on the latest macOS. Every time I try to watch a new YT video, the video will be buffering, and my AirPods (Which I've already connected) will lose connection. This is with each time I try to watch a new video. Maybe it's the AirPods' update of being able to "seamlessly" switch between devices and/or some software issue with macOS (Since I didn't have this issue with my 2017 MacBook Air), but I am seriously considering getting some other wireless earbuds for using with my Mac. Anyone else has this issue

    submitted by /u/Non-Polar
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic reload almost made me fail my online exam on Safari

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Our uni has online exams going on and i had this exam on Google Form but around 15 minutes before the submission time I get this error "This webpage has reloaded because it was using significant memory" on Safari14, all my answers got erased and had to redo all of them but just made it in the nick of time. Im guessing this problem is Safari specific as i have had this before on there but my question is why would they not give me a prompt before reloading? Automatic reloads are super inconvenient. How can i solve this issue from happening in the future other than using chrome or other browsers? Just FYI, i have MBP 13" 2020 with 16 gigs ram (not M1).

    submitted by /u/Namanx15
    [link] [comments]

    Password prompt when downloaded file moved to trash

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:27 PM PST

    The file is supposed to be design assets which I determined to be sketchy and I didn't open after downloading. When trying to remove from download folder I noticed it has a red circle with white dash in the corner. Since I've never experienced this before I'm wondering if there is reason to believe this would be recording my password and compromising my security?

    submitted by /u/DontNameUser
    [link] [comments]

    What is the purpose of the last tool in QuickLook?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:38 AM PST

    macOS updates stuck on Checking "(null)"

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:43 PM PST

    I'm trying to update macOS from High Sierra 10.13.6 and as soon as I accept the terms of the update a box comes up that says Checking "(null)". It's been "checking" for 30 min for both newest Catalina and Big Sur. Nothing is happening (i'm a rookie at mac).

    submitted by /u/bassefrasse
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Sleep & Lock On Big Sur

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:03 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel