• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/30

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/30


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/30

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 12/30

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea what might have happened to my screen? Woke up and it looked like this. No cracks, didn't drop it, and definitely didn't get wet.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:29 AM PST

    I saw this tweet and I’m wondering if anyone (real) has done this

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:58 PM PST

    Apple's out-of-warranty repair plan is great. After the iPad battery efficiency falls below 80%, you can go to the Apple Store and pay $99 for a new one. But Apple will not replace the battery of iPad, it will only replace a new iPad for you.

    submitted by /u/Magnum3k
    [link] [comments]

    New Dbrand skin... too small... right? What should I do?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Getting my new iPad Air 2020 in a few days! Any tips?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:59 PM PST

    2020 was the year I said goodbye to my windows and Android eco system. I bought a Apple Watch, an iPhone 12, MacBook Pro 2020(not M1) and now the iPad Air 2020. I was wondering if any of you had any tips or reccomandations for good apps? I'm a history teacher for 12-16 year olds and I'm planning to use the iPad also as a second screen!

    I bought the 64gb one, planning to put all my documents into OneDrive. Any solution to put all my photos directly into iCloud? Or to not let my photos from my iPhone sync with my iPad? Love to hear from you guys!

    submitted by /u/svencp94
    [link] [comments]

    I record many audios on notability and the quality is low

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:02 PM PST

    I record many audios on notability and the quality of the recording is low compared to OneNote.

    I record my voice. So do you think the solution is buying a Lavalier mic?

    I've tried air pods pro mic and also Bose but unfortunately the quality sound is low

    submitted by /u/_afoan
    [link] [comments]

    Excel on iPad Pro - the good/bad/ugly?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:28 AM PST

    Hi all. Starting up a data analytics uni certificate that requires some Excel usage and I'm keen to keep my iPad Pro as my main device (have a backup MacBook Air if need). What are my chances on doing a lot of data cleaning, formulas etc. with Excel on the iPad? Is it pretty limited or can I get away with a lot of functionalities?

    submitted by /u/yehsurething
    [link] [comments]

    Kiosk App for iPad

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:10 PM PST

    I want to set up a Kiosk with an iPad for my business so that customers can view more information of products/services using the iPad in-store. Is there an app I can use to set this up?

    I've heard of the Kiosk Pro Plus but content management doesn't seem convenient. I need to be able to make changes at anytime and those changes automatically update remotely in multiple locations, much like when you update a website, those updates are seen by everyone around the world.

    Thanks, any input is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TakExplores
    [link] [comments]

    The ultimate pencil and paper replacement?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:36 AM PST

    I think I've tried just about every sketching app on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2018). I can't seem to find anything the feels as comfortable and as quick at a sheet of A4 paper and a pencil.

    I want to have my iPad ready for very quick design sketches.

    I feel like most apps I've tried are just too much faff, with too many features, or have poor finger/thumb rejection. The standard Notes app comes pretty close, but it's too easy to accidentally switch modes and end up with text insertion.

    Can anyone help? Just something super simple with best of class finger rejection is what I really need.

    submitted by /u/Motion-to-Photons
    [link] [comments]

    Back gesture removed in many iPadOS apps?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I recently got an iPad after not having one for several years. I noticed many apps no longer let me swipe from the left edge to go back. So far I've noticed it the most in Apple News and Music. Instead it seems either the back gesture is completely missing, or I get the sidebar if I am in portrait mode. But no longer acting like as a back gesture. Is this the case for everyone? Can I resolve it somehow?

    submitted by /u/AntiquatedAntelope
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil stopped working??

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I have an iPad Pro 11" with a gen 2 pencil. For some reason, the pencil is no longer connecting with my iPad.

    I've tried everything on Apple's website, made sure my software was up to date, and even did a content+settings reset, and it still hasn't worked.

    Any clues on how to solve this issue?

    submitted by /u/Mysterious_Weather53
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications from all devices

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:37 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I have a problem with notifications. When somebody calls me my iphone, watch, ipad and macbook start to ring like crazy and my whole house turns into a disco. I know turning off noticiations or do not disturb modes but sometimes I need my ipad or macbook to ring too. Is there a way to receive this notifications only from the watch if it is on my wrist and if it isn't from other devices?

    submitted by /u/RickDalton_9735
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an aftermarket Ipad sealed - Stolen questions?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:26 PM PST

    I'm planning on buying this Ipad from this guy, it's brand new sealed. It's pretty cheap, but he says he got it for christmas, and needs the money immediately for rent on the 1st.

    Believable story, but still could be stolen.

    Is there an easy way to check to see if it's stolen? Also - if it does happen to be stolen, does apple have some thing where I can never activate it because it's reported as stolen? I don't know how apple anything works.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Logical_Espresso
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel