• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Apple Macbook Thank you 2010 MacBook Pro for your decade of service. Now, on to the future!

    Apple Macbook Thank you 2010 MacBook Pro for your decade of service. Now, on to the future!


    Thank you 2010 MacBook Pro for your decade of service. Now, on to the future!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Some M1 Questions - Macbook Air

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:30 AM PST

    So I am a managed IT tech. Outside of my gaming computer, my mac laptop is my everything computer. I currently have a 15" 2016 with 512 SSD and 16 GB Memory. With the insane performance of the M1, I'm thinking of replacing my Macbook Pro with the Macbook Air M1 with 512 GB SSD. There are three things that are making me hesitate on if I should do it and some other options.

    1. What's the deal with multiple monitor supports. At both the office and home I hook up to two external displays and use the computer in clamshell mode or dual monitor with the laptop open with a USBC or Thunderbolt Dock. It seems insane that these computers only support one external monitor. I've heard there is some work around to get them both working. At the office I just have some HDMI/DP monitors. At home I have a Thunderbolt 27 and Cinema Display. I don't really want to lose this ability. I heard of something called a Displaylink that can allow more than one. Any chance this will change with a software update?

    2. Windows Use: It appears Windows support is partially working as of now and coming down the pipe. Being in IT most things are Windows based and occasionally I need a Windows app. Now I just load up a VM. From what I have read I can load a ARM-based Windows 10 from their insider program and run it in Parallels. I also understand that Windows ARM has it's a version of Rosetta essentially so I can run normal x86/x64 programs as well. This is not a common thing for me and never demanding so performance isn't huge deal as long as it works. From what I've read the performance is still pretty solid including a guy who even did light gaming like Rocket Leage inside a VM.

    3. What Ram choice do I go with. Right now on Intel 16 GB is a no brainer, especially with VM's, but from what I understand the SoC manages memory better. What seems to be the verdict on memory on these in terms of usage? Has the 8 GB been plenty. I know on my Wifes 2015 13" with 8 GB I can't survive. Normally I like to find open box computers at Best Buy, but since the 16 GB is only BTO that won't happen.

    submitted by /u/Bmied31
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro with flexgate issue possible trade in?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:15 PM PST

    I have a mid 2017 Macbook pro 15 inch with touch bar that had the flexgate issue in February. (When I open the laptop up over 30 degrees the screen will turn black. Basically the backlight turns off**)

    I was wondering if I can trade it in to purchase another macbook...

    submitted by /u/ryokkenohd
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for early 2015 MacBook Air 13” empty box!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Looking into selling my early 2015 MacBook Air 13" and hoping to find an original empty box for it. So far I've searched on eBay and Poshmark and can't find a box with exact specs as mine, which are : 128GB storage, 2.2GHz dual-core intel core i7 processor, 4GB memory.. please help!! Also, any recommendations or suggestions on where to sell/trade in are welcome!

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Nick_Ford512
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple increase the price of MacBooks?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:12 PM PST

    The new m1 MacBooks absolutely smoke the laptops (even desktops) in its price range. It will be really weird if Apple doesn't increase the price, since I'm pretty sure the market's demand for the machines are only increasing seeing the incredible performance. Do you guys think Apple will increase the price? Why or why not?

    submitted by /u/wakeupthisday
    [link] [comments]

    External Monitor

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Any recommendations for an external monitor? I have the New M1 MacBook Pro, and I want to find a monitor with a refresh rate above 60 Hz, any help?

    submitted by /u/theshow715
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro with an external monitor Question

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Hey guys, I have a question that might be dumb and I'm just missing something simple. I bought an external monitor today (27in Samsung) that I connected via HDMI with a USB Hub to my MacBook with the intention of using it in clamshell mode. However, when I close the lid of the MacBook, the display also sleeps. Is there any way to change this? I am running the latest Big Sur update. I had read that the app Amphetamine works, but I didn't know if I'm just missing a setting. Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/Bcordea1
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air m1 8gb vs 16gb video editing

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:51 PM PST

    So im buying one today boys! Switching from gaming pc because id like to actually sit behind a productive screen instead of a absolute rgb circus.

    Now my question for my fellow editors! Only programs im using are: Premiere, photoshop, lightroom cc, davincii and just the casual browsing stuff! The camera im using is a a7iii so jeah 4k shooting, 1080p exporting. I ordered the 8gb because 16 was a little out of budget and 10 weeks waiting time.

    This will work great right?? No stuttering or not enough ram? Please dont post comments like: 16 gB rAm iS aLwaYs bEtTer, i know. Im just a video/photography student using this as my main editing device hooked up to a 43" inch 4k monitor. ( jeah i know its large, once youll try it youll never go back trust me).

    Last question! Im thinking of the base version and not the upgraded storage, i have a 1tb t5 and it would be stupid to upgrade storage right?? Correct me if im straight up wrong

    submitted by /u/Rook_worst
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues with my Caldigit TS3+ DP display output with my M1 MBP - Any solutions?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:06 PM PST

    I recently got a Caldigit TS3+ for my MacBook Pro with an M1 chip, but its display output has been fairly problematic for me so far. Overal it works perfectly fine, but the image I'm getting is incredibly washed out. Not only that, but whenever I set the refresh rate to 144 Hz the display constantly flickers on and off. This doesn't happen with my Intel MBP.

    Using an USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter made the image quality much better, but interestingly capped the refresh rate to 100 Hz, which doesn't happen when you connect it to the Macbook directly (probably a bandwidth thing?)

    EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the the USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter only wants to output 100 Hz now. Not sure what changed...

    Has anyone else run into this same issue? Have you found any solutions?

    submitted by /u/JoshTheSquid
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air question

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    If I were to purchase a MacBook Air online, do the Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) come with it?

    submitted by /u/Yannic5
    [link] [comments]

    Crappy Webcams

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    Reason why the webcams are still 720p quality IS because FaceTime itself only bumped up to 1080p very recently... so Apple thought why bother?

    submitted by /u/Steve_Proffitt
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro 2020?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:24 PM PST

    I am a college student majoring in health sciences with a 2017 MacBook Air. I am unhappy with this computer because of the screen, keyboard, speakers, and how slow it has become. It's a relatively new mac so I'm being a diva about it but I love everything about my roommate's MacBook Pro 2018. Is it worth it to upgrade to the 2020 13" Macbook Pro? Should I hold out another year?

    submitted by /u/Superb_Organization2
    [link] [comments]

    Using external monitor with Big Sur?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    I have a Macbook Air 2018 and an external monitor. I am running macOS Catalina right now, and have just received the macOS Big Sur update.

    If I update to Big Sur, will I still be able to use an external monitor via usb-c to hdmi?

    Is it worth upgrading to Big Sur?

    submitted by /u/macker91111
    [link] [comments]

    Oops. Mid-2010 MBP that still works perfectly, but... oops.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Personal session

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    My MacBook arrived on the 15th, but I can't seem to schedule my personal session. It just keeps saying go to your order page and schedule...but there isn't any option for this.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/ManateeJamboree
    [link] [comments]

    How is the Intel 13 inch macbook pro? I want to run windows on bootcamp so I don't think the M1 is an option for me.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    I'm upgrading from a 2017 13 inch macbook pro. Would ideally want this one to last me several years.

    submitted by /u/racharya55
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2020 i3 Battery Life

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    MacBook Air 2020 i3 Battery Life

    Guys - I know that the new M1 batteries are insane, but I read reviews all the time about how the i3 is supposed to "easily" get around 8-9 hours of casual use. I can't get near that on my 2020 i3 and keep the brightness at half, and am literally just on Safari right now. Does anyone else experience this with their laptop? It says I'm at 90% and can barely squeeze out 4 hours of use...? It seems like I'm constantly having to charge this thing. This is the first time I've posted on Reddit, I've attached a screenshot of my Activity Monitor for reference if anyone catches anything that could really be draining my battery. Thank you!

    https://preview.redd.it/fxn9slfnsk761.png?width=1568&format=png&auto=webp&s=db038bc8c4467dc45ff405cc8521d1c8a42b3f16

    submitted by /u/nokiki91
    [link] [comments]

    [LTT] Apple made a BIG mistake

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Magnets in sleeve powers on MacBook Pro in Clamshell Mode

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:45 AM PST

    I just got a bellroy laptop sleeve for Christmas, with a magnetic clasp. Whenever I put my M1 MacBook Pro in it, it turns on with the lid closed (I can hear the boot chime). Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/ChrisWestDK
    [link] [comments]

    Would you guys recommend a MacBook Air or Pro?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:58 AM PST

    I'm planning on upgrading from a Surface Pro 5 since it's slowing down and running out of storage. I plan to get the M1, but I'm wondering if the touch bar is worth it. I have access to the Academic discount as I am a college student, any advice on what I should choose?

    submitted by /u/rshelver
    [link] [comments]

    dell external monitor/built in webcam with macbook in clamshell mode

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:10 AM PST

    I feel like an absolute crazy person trying to find the answer to this. Some forums say not possible, some forums say flawless video....

    I would like to skype/video conference with my external monitor that has a built-in webcam. The display is great, but the macbook doesn't recognize the camera.

    I'm using the apple usb-c digital av dongle (hdmi, usbc, usb) and have an hdmi cord from my monitor to the dongle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    many thanks

    submitted by /u/fratking
    [link] [comments]

    Large icons are pixelated - MBP 15" 2012

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Large icons are pixelated - MBP 15" 2012

    When I'm viewing a folder of photos, I like to use the icon view so I can easily grab the pictures I want all at once. However, some icons are showing up pixelated, like the OS can't render the icon properly. I've turned off the option to use the onboard graphics, so it should only be using the video card. That didn't help. It's pretty frustrating. 10.15.7. Screenshot attached.

    https://preview.redd.it/9hs47wy32k761.png?width=1051&format=png&auto=webp&s=fb93b04a3a5e49bc348240a686f79d9904225576

    submitted by /u/squierjosh
    [link] [comments]

    Looking forward to downgrade macOS

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Hi. I just bought a brand new MacBook Air, 2017 model. But surprisingly, it came with macOS Catalina out of the box. Is this normal? I thought you get older macOS versions with 2017 model MBA. I need to get 32-bit support back because there are many unoptimized and even outdated apps that I use. Is there a way to downgrade to Mojave without USB stick, or is it necessary? Can I downgrade even though my Mac came with a newer macOS out of the box?

    submitted by /u/legendarydaphne
    [link] [comments]

    I3 or m1

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:03 AM PST

    It will be my first laptop purchase and now the i3 is cost less $1000 is tempting while m1 is new and better

    I'm on budget on buying it

    submitted by /u/BOOMMARC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel