• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Apple Macbook I just migrated to MBA M1 from MBP 16 inch, and it’s awesome

    Apple Macbook I just migrated to MBA M1 from MBP 16 inch, and it’s awesome


    I just migrated to MBA M1 from MBP 16 inch, and it’s awesome

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Apollo on M1 is AMAZING

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Just saying 😊.

    I couldn't find any good client for Reddit on Mac for years… and now this post has been created directly from my MacBook Air M1 in Apollo that I installed on it and it is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S.

    The window is natively scalable in the app and also I use it with a Magic Mouse that you can use comfortably with gestures. Try it if you haven't yet.

    submitted by /u/misteriousm
    [link] [comments]

    What MacBook do you use

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:32 PM PST

    Most reliable battery for a 2010 13"?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:56 PM PST

    Mid 2010 core 2 duo model to be exact. Current battery has been shot for years, making it just a glorified desktop for me since it always needs to be plugged in.

    submitted by /u/xMoosey
    [link] [comments]

    How can I keep my Macbook protected?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I'm a new macbook user, I've been using Dell laptop for the past few years and now I decided to buy the new Macbook Air M1. I was just wondering what the dos and don'ts of macbooks. I was about to buy a hard case for my mac but they said it's not recommended cause it'll make scratches. I then checked using soft case and they said it'll increase laptop temperature. I also wanted to buy the keyboard silicone cover, but they said it also increases the laptop temperature. I just wanted to know what I should use?

    submitted by /u/Ohlexis
    [link] [comments]

    New to macOS

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Hi,

    I am a new user to macOS. I am wondering if things are normal but I made another Admin account to fix some issues for my current Admin account. I logged out my Admin account then log in to the new Admin account (I have to do the set up screen). This is where things not seem right for me. So I logged out the other Admin account when I finished so when I logged in my current Admin account, I have to do the set up screen. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/gensweg
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air vs Macbook Pro Suggestion Need

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:56 PM PST

    hello, im thinking about buying this new m1 macbook...
    my budget is limited .. around $1400 , which is i can get between macbook air 16GB / 512GB ..Or.. ( macbook pro 16GB / 256GB ..Or.. 8GB / 512GB )
    my primary use on this new macbook :
    1. Photo editing, ( photoshop,lightroom, luminar, etc)

    1. Video editing .. ( finalcut, premiere pro)

    2. and i will use this macbook at least 5 years

    please suggest me which one from above suit my workflow ... thanks.. guyss !!

    submitted by /u/wiwioppa
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade the CPU but can't find the compatible modules

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking to upgrade my iMac 4K Retina Display 21.5 2017 CPU from the standard 3.0GHz quad-core i5 processor it came with to an i7. I don't have a budget for the top-of-the-range i7-770 one (the highest in the series) however I want one that is in budget that will make a good difference. What specific modules are compatible with this model of iMac? any that don't have a 'k' at the end? or are some of them compatible also? I can't find much info on this online so would really appreciate the help.

    Thanks so much!

    Harvey

    submitted by /u/Antidotebeatz
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I get 144hz output from my M1 MacBook Pro on my 1440p LG monitor?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:04 PM PST

    I am using this cable to output to this monitor.

    Within the display settings on my MacBook, the highest selectable refresh rate is 100hz. It won't go up to 144hz (not even 120hz either).

    I've tried it with the MacBook's lid closed, of course using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I've tried disabling adaptive refresh rate within the LG monitor's settings.

    What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Fencing_Response
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook - M1 or i5? Confused.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Sorry, I'm a PC guy, and trying to understand MacBooks for my wife.

    She currently has a ~2013 MacBook pro with retina display.

    I got gifted a $1000 gift card for Apple, and am looking at a new 13" MBP for my wife.

    I see there are basically two options - Apple M1 or Intel i5.

    I don't know if the two options are the same "generation" or if Apple are selling old models and new models side by side.

    I have heard horror stories of apple's butterfly keyboards, are the keyboards fixed with these models?

    I'm a "get the latest tech and make it last" kind of guy, I expect a laptop to last 5 years or more. I feel that buying the M1 will bring me into longer apple support.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/anothernetgeek
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook charging issues

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:21 PM PST

    I apologize if this is in the wrong subreddit.

    My MacBook recently stopped charging the battery (only runs using the direct power). I assumed it was the charger because the lights on my old one had started to be on when not connected to the laptop, etc. I just bought a new charger and it is still giving me the same issues (not charging - just pulling power directly.)

    What may be the issue? I have tried the command, shift, control, power button for 10 seconds.

    Editing to add its a MacBook Air I got in 2013. 13"

    submitted by /u/rstoud
    [link] [comments]

    I sold my early 2020 mba to get the new M1, should I wait until summer to get the student promo or until they release the refresh?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    wireless/bluetooth keyboard options?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:42 PM PST

    Coming from windows (I've had my m1 air for 1 week) my current wireless keyboard doesn't have the right keys and it requires a usb dongle to connect to the computer and given that that would require using the usb to usb-c connector which I'd prefer to avoid I'm looking for new options.

    Ideally it'd be cheap, although now I'm debating just shelling out the money for the magic keyboard simply because that I know will work well. I do know I want/need a keyboard that has the number pad.

    Other perks would be the ability to adjust the tilt a bit, I hate typing on ones that are flat or near flat. I have small hands so keys that are smaller/closer together can be helpful. I honestly don't care if it's noisy, but do want keys that are more sensitive/require less pressure to register.

    One that comes with a mouse is a bonus as well because I'm going to need on of those as well!

    Are there other decent options or do I just cave and get the magic keyboard?

    submitted by /u/dreamingjes
    [link] [comments]

    which macbook is best for sims 4 (with DLC’s)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:13 PM PST

    I will also be using this for editing as I do photography, however I like to play sims in my free time and already have it for Mac through Origin (so switching to another laptop brand isn't an option) and it sadly is starting to phase out my DLC's & I dumbly bought a new one today without realizing it wouldn't run on the Legacy edition.

    EDIT; Is there a way I can upgrade my macbook? it's the Pro late 2011 on MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

    submitted by /u/HellishHaven07
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air vs Pro

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:48 PM PST

    Hey apple people.

    Long term windows user here. So my surface pro is dying a slow death. I have final year college exams starting in two weeks (microbiology) and I'm worried it's gonna crap on me so looking to buy a new laptop. I'm using a iPhone and iPad for note taking so was going to but the MacBook Air.

    My local store doesn't have the new m1 version but the intel i3 is on sale for 875$. The base model 2020 MacBook Pro m1 chip is 1300$.

    I'm stuck between being frugal as I don't use my laptops for much more than writing papers and Netflix ect. And getting value for money as everywhere online is crapping on the airs i3 processor.

    If anyone has any advice, experience or words of wisdom it would be hugely appreciated.

    Hopefully this isn't a mega stupid post. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

    submitted by /u/EquipotentGin
    [link] [comments]

    USB C Dock Bandwidth 5Gbps, 10Gbps or Thunderbolt

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I'm looking for a dock for my MacBook Pro 15 2018 to connect to my 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor, usb peripherals (webcam, mic and keyboard) and ethernet. My question is wether this can be achieved on a 5Gbps or 10Gbps or wether I will need a thunderbolt dock?

    Does both display and USB use the same bandwidth? I've heard of cables having different lanes for data and video so I was wondering if I had a 5Gbps connection that I could still have 5Gbps of bandwidth to connect USB devices even if I was also displaying video on that same cable?

    submitted by /u/cohrrris
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the magic keyboard+mouse and my desk is complete! (march2020 MBP 13")

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:43 PM PST

    MacBook Pro M1. Any good facts why am I lucky to have it?!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Hello guys,

    I would be honest, this is my first laptop I have purchased in 10 years. And the only reason why I got it is because I am planning to start online school which is basically requiring me to have a one. My question is - what should I be focused on and what can I do to maximize my usage for this product.

    Appreciated ❤️

    submitted by /u/Judd2020
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook - "Failed to write key to SMC with error code 86"

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:41 AM PST

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/flooded-console-failed-to-write-key-to-smc-with-error-code-86.2274687/

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252086955

    Does this happen to you? Kernel_task is constantly occupied because of these errors. You can check it from the Console.

    It's something like this "Failed to write key XXXXX to SMC with error code 86". It happens like 10 times in a second.

    submitted by /u/Kyon-kun-denwa
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Notification Bar Appearance Bug: Any way to fix this? (CATALINA 10.15.5)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:17 AM PST

    Bought my first MBA (M1, 16 GB, 512 SSD) to replace my 2012 ASUS!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I actually bought the 2020 MBP (intel) late October, then one day before my return window closed Apple announced the M1 Macbooks so I promptly returned the MBP and got an M1 Air! Ordered it once I got the refund for the MBP around Nov 27, received it Dec 18 (delivery was supposed to be Jan 6, but it got moved up!).

    The only issues I've encountered was the first time I booted it up and was casually browsing and a bunch of my apps I had open froze up and I had the rainbow pinwheel pop up, force quit was not working. After updating to the latest version of Big Sur I haven't had that issue anymore, HOWEVER, a persistent issue I had was my wired headphones/airpods disconnecting when I received a facetime call where the audio from the call went through the internal speakers but everything else that required sound went through my headphones/airpods. I have not been able to remedy this yet... Is this worth exchanging my MBA if there's a chance it might be defective? I think it's a small issue that should be fixed with the next software update, but I'm not sure.

    submitted by /u/Bakinghero76
    [link] [comments]

    This is maybe obvious but which has a better resell value between MBA and MBP? Both of them have decent configurations.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Do I still get an year of Apple TV+ free when I buy a brand new M1 macbook Air

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:47 AM PST

    Is the M1 Macbook okay for Computer Science in University?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:19 AM PST

    So I checked this website. https://isapplesiliconready.com/for/developer

    Most of the applications seem to be good to go at least using Rosetta 2, but I have heard about bugs and apps being slow or what not. I do not want to face some incompatibility issues in school. I'm currently using windows and I hate it. Anyone with the M1 macbook studying in Computer Science or Software Engineering know if it is ready?

    submitted by /u/COFFEE_KEEPS_ME_SANE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel