• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Apple Help I was setting up my new Macbook and noticed and noticed that my old Apple watch comes up as an option to unlock my Mac. How do I remove the watch I no longer need? I deregistered my old watch from my Apple account, so not sure why this is happening.

    Apple Help I was setting up my new Macbook and noticed and noticed that my old Apple watch comes up as an option to unlock my Mac. How do I remove the watch I no longer need? I deregistered my old watch from my Apple account, so not sure why this is happening.


    I was setting up my new Macbook and noticed and noticed that my old Apple watch comes up as an option to unlock my Mac. How do I remove the watch I no longer need? I deregistered my old watch from my Apple account, so not sure why this is happening.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    How do I update my apps now? The button to do it is gone now

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:35 PM PST

    AppleCare replacement headache

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:20 PM PST

    So around august my wife's Apple Watch was stuck in recovery mode after an update. Apple told her to send it in and then send her a replacement watch. This was the second time her watch got stuck like this so she was pretty frustrated. They told her that they would send another watch and put a hold on her account for the watch price and then remove the hold once they received the old watch.

    We get the new one and send the old one and get confirmation that Apple received the watch. A could of days later, her chase bank account gets charged for the watch total and she's been fighting both chase and Apple about the charge since. Apple says we shouldn't have used a debit card for a hold, we were not told this beforehand, since it'll charge the card instead of making it a hold. Chase says that Apple took the money and there's nothing they can do.

    We've tried putting a dispute in chase to no avail and Apple keeps telling us that they never took the money while chase tells us that Apple took the money.

    Does anyone know of the next steps to take in order for us to have this issue resolved? We've been on the phone with Apple, and chase many times, twice with both at the same time, and no solution has been made. We really don't want to be out $600 for an AppleCare replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/drano1024
    [link] [comments]

    over 3000 notes disappeared!!!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:56 PM PST

    I have the Iphone 11, and I'm using IOS 14.0.1

    my notes app had about 3,300 notes synced to icloud, and i was using it to type something when suddenly i was kicked out of the note i was typing in and 3,000 of my notes disappeared. i now have 373 notes.

    The only ones that didn't disappear were the ones in other folders. everything not in a folder disappeared !!!! i don't know what to do ????

    i had so many valuable things in there

    submitted by /u/zanetingz
    [link] [comments]

    I intend to add AppleCare to cover my iPhone 12 mini bought recently. Apparently I can have two “incidents” per year & my battery will be replaced once its health drops below 80%. Does Apple commit itself to replace my battery TWICE within those two years if its health drops below 80% twice?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Recently I have bought iPhone 12 mini. It has a very small battery, yet I intend to use it heavily, with lots of SOT. With that in mind, I have invested in a top quality power bank which carries a lot of energy and should be able to recharge my iPhone 12 mini from 0% to 50% in thirty minutes or so. I will try to always have it within arms reach. It will certainly put a huge strain on battery though, which is one of the reasons why I wish to add AppleCare to my new iPhone. (I can do so within sixty days of my purchase date.) It costs 169€, I am allowed two incidents per year, I need to add 29€ for screen replacement or 99€ for anything else. It is said that my battery will be replaced once it drops below 80%. But can I profit from that offer TWICE within those two years? (Say I overuse and abuse the small battery on my 12 mini, it deteriorates rapidly within a year but is luckily replaced by Apple. Into my second year, we have the same scenario reoccurring. Will Apple replace my already replaced battery which dropped beneath 80% once more?) If so, it makes AppleCare an amazing value for money. Also, does it count towards my two incidents per year or not?

    submitted by /u/thewanderingasian99
    [link] [comments]

    What’s faster the new iPad Air A14 or iPad Pro A12?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:49 PM PST

    What would be faster in real world scenarios and likely to receive iOS updates longer?

    submitted by /u/Rcrez
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable 'Ignore Limit for Today' Option on Apple Screentime?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:20 PM PST

    In an effort to control my phone usage, I have set up Apple Screentime on my phone to block most of the apps from 10 PM to 6 AM and asked my wife to set up a password that is not known to me. While the screentime does get activated, it is easy to bypass it using the Ignore Limit settings. I frequently end up bypassing the Limit for 15 minutes or for the day, defeating the entire purpose of this feature.

    How do I disable 'Ignore Limit for Today' Option on Apple Screentime? I do not want an option to bypass this block. I know there was an option to block this bypass before, but lately, I do not see this option. Help! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rawgabiludbrizwoder
    [link] [comments]

    Apple refuses to fix my mbp 2016 keyboard under the replacement program

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Apple refuses to replace my mbp 2016 keyboard, what should i do?

    I have a 2016 mbp that's eligible for keyboard replacement program. A few months ago, i visited Apple store to request a fix on my popping 'A' key that would occasionally make sound and get stuck. They did some minor cleaning and refused to put it under replacement programme. Fine.

    Now that same key is stuck to the body, and I'm unable to use it. However, my touchbar has a noticeable crack on it because I accidentally dropped my iphone on it awhile back. And just because of that, they once again, refuse to accept it under the replacement program due to, quote 'physical damage unrelated to keyboard'. If i wish to fix it, I must pay $500 to fix the touchbar, then they will take a look at the keyboard again. But I thought the whole bottom case are connected??

    This doesn't make sense to me because the keyboard is obviously faulty, and the touchbar has little to no effect on the overall functionality. So shouldn't they focus on the bigger problem? I've been a long time Apple consumer, and I'm very disappointed right now at how they are handling it. What should I do? Any advice? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/lkrispykrem3
    [link] [comments]

    I just got 3 home pod minis and, having trouble setting them up

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:55 PM PST

    I got them for my brothers and my mom, and need to set them up music wise, personal things, and intercom. I tried looking this up, but always get like stuff regarding the "stereo" option. Can someone help me out here?

    submitted by /u/Demon_Usamaro
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a normal amount of battery drain?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:26 PM PST

    I don't use my MacBook Air (2018/2019) very often, I usually log in every few weeks to check emails, print something, etc. I thought I noticed my battery being different from when I last shut it off so I noted what percentage it was at when I last used it and what it was at when I turned it on today.

    Between the times it was used (two or three weeks) it dropped about 7%. Is this normal? It's getting cold where I am, I do have my heat on but it's noticeably less warm in my drawers and closets.

    submitted by /u/coldhoundoom
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook people, what problems have you encountered after updating to Big sur?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:23 PM PST

    I'm tryna see something here, since I've heard a lot of stories. Mind if you comment any issues you've encountered?

    submitted by /u/mailseuuu
    [link] [comments]

    I have iOS 12.2. Without updating, how can I stop webpages from automatically opening with the wrong web browser?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    I must've set chrome as a default browser or something a long time ago but I don't really remember doing so and I certainly don't know how to set safari as the default browser once again.

    i'll be using Safari, what's up buddy go boy go Johnny

    Oh my god I was just talking to my cat with voice to text still on,

    (and NO his name isn't johnny that's not even what I said)

    I'll be using Safari and click on something and it'll open with chrome.

    Oh my god , wait no. this only happens in read it. Holy shit. I just drew two into together. I have to change it within the Reddit settings itself. Fuck.

    Well, there's still use for this—— once I free up some phone space and am not 99% full, I'll want to have Chrome as default once again. Chrome's ideal for my uses, except when it gets 'buggy' around full storage, unlike Safari). how can I make it so Chrome is my default browser and not Safari? For when I click on links through all sorts of other apps and such.

    submitted by /u/Throwaway567864333
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean and what do you recommend me to do?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:55 PM PST

    I want to factory reset my 2015 macbook pro, is this the disk that I should erase? Or should I select something else?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:56 AM PST

    So, M1 does not have a backdoor like Intel ME or AMD PSP?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:28 PM PST

    No home user wants or needs Intel ME/AMD PSP, but they put those anyway without a way to disable them. M1 does not have such a thing?

    submitted by /u/evolution2015
    [link] [comments]

    How do i put iPhone 6s into DFU mode without using buttons?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:26 PM PST

    So, My cousin recently got a new phone, and gave me his old 6s. only problem is the screen is busted (like very bad) and the home button does not work. how can i restore it with itunes without having to enter in the lockscreen password? he already removed the device from his account, but all the apps i try need me to unlock the phone to restore. i have a screen replacement on the way, i was just gonna get the resetting part out of the way. any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/coolasomewb14297
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone: looking for a "robust" way to back things up

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:03 PM PST

    I feel I'm always going in circles when it comes to having a multi-layered, robust backup strategy for an iPhone.

    What I seek is something that that will confidently store all of my precious photos well after all of the current wave of technology is gone. I have HDD's from 20 years ago with digital photos. And I'd like to ensure photos taken over the next 20 years are properly store. But I feel that things are getting harder, not easier. Worth noting is I'm trying to make albums or anything fancy. Just plain-and-simple file storage for safe keeping.

    At the heart of the issue is the fact that I use MacBooks, and their internal storage is understandably limited. So I opt for large external HDDs. And this leads me to my current backups strategy:

    • 1) have an iPhone, a MacBook and a TimeMachine

    • 2) connect the iPhone to MacBook to back it up

    • 3) open Photos or iTunes to back things up using the TimeMachine as the storage device

    • 4) manually "mirror" the TimeMachine to another HDD for redundancy by clumsily copying things over once in a while.

    This poses a few problems:

    • Photos is such a pita. We all know it works in references to photos and is a pain to "export" photos. So as I upgrade laptops, I'm left with a single export which I trust contains all of the photos. And this is unnerving.
    • the backup is slow because it's wireless with TimeMachine since the iPhone is connected to my laptop, and it is backing the photos up over wifi.

    There was a few years where a friend convinced me to switch from Photos to Lightroom for file management. But Lightroom began choking with the large number of photos. But this was an optimal solution at the time. Just connect my iPhone and a HDD to the laptop (over USB), and back the iPhone up.

    While Photos and Lightroom both feel limited, it's nice to have a program which knows "where I left off". Otherwise we get lots of duplicate photos. I suppose I could be a more rigorous with maybe creating folders based on dates or something like that.

    So that's my conundrum. Any chance someone can guide us through to a better, robust, reliable, "multi-generational" solution?

    submitted by /u/NoobPwnr
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade the CPU but can't find the compatible modules

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking to upgrade my iMac 4K Retina Display 21.5 2017 CPU from the standard 3.0GHz quad-core i5 processor it came with to an i7. I don't have a budget for the top-of-the-range i7-770 one (the highest in the series) however I want one that is in budget that will make a good difference. What specific modules are compatible with this model of iMac? any that don't have a 'k' at the end? or are some of them compatible also? I can't find much info on this online so would really appreciate the help.

    Thanks so much!

    Harvey

    submitted by /u/Antidotebeatz
    [link] [comments]

    Can somebody provide me with an answer to my question on trading/switching iPhones

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:31 PM PST

    So I have a iPhone 5s US Cellular 12.5 and I'm getting an iPhone 6s straightalk 14.2 would it be possible to swap phone numbers and messages

    submitted by /u/Mostcoolkid78
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 15” 2013 Won’t Turn On After New Charger

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:26 PM PST

    Bought a new charger and accidentally got the 60W model instead of the 85W I normally use. A day later my MBP stopped turning on, even with the charger plugged in showing it's charging. Is this an issue related to the charger or something unrelated? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Adnw66
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know who to fix this

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:01 PM PST

    Better Alternative for iCloud Photos for PC?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:55 PM PST

    iCloud Photos for PC is so primitive- I have so many photos it takes forever to load, making it unrealistic to filter by date. You can't even access any albums that are on the iphone.

    Any photo organizer programs, sites, or apps that are compatible with or sync with iCloud Photos for PC to make the photo viewing and management experience more user friendly??

    submitted by /u/bobosgirl357
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 7 software version has a bugged storage issue! What do I do?!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:54 PM PST

    TLDR; my iPhone 7 has a bugged storage version. I am always out of space on my phone and because of this (even though that's clearly wrong! I should have space with all of what I've been deleting), I do not even have enough space to update my phone software to a NON BUGGED version. Essentially, I'm just trapped in this vicious cycle. What do I do?!

    I have an iPhone 7 and it's running 13.3.1. Apparently, this is one of a handful of versions that have this major bug with the storage. It seems that no matter how much I delete and free up space, storage usage keeps going up. Now, I am completely maxed out on my storage (the entire 32 gig is "being used" 🙄).

    The simple solution would be "just update it" or "factory reset it" But in order to update my phone, I need to have SOME amount of space available, but I don't have any space because of the bug and ughhhh it's just so frustrating! Wtf am I supposed to do?? I would think my best option is to take it to an Apple store and have them do everything for me, BUT, the closest one to me is like 40 minutes away 💀

    Has anyone encountered this bug? If so, what did you do to fix it? What are my options here? Any help you have to offer is GREATLY appreciated because I am truly at my wits end!

    submitted by /u/AdoptedSpaceCow
    [link] [comments]

    iPod touch 7th gen restrictions issues

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    I have an iPod touch which I've had since I was a kid. My mum had put a restrictions password to block various things but has now forgotten the password. Due to this I cannot factory reset the device. Would it be worth it to sell how it is or is there any way to factory reset the device. Would there be any use for the parts even if the device can't be used?

    submitted by /u/131GoTime131
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 slow data iOS 13.5.1

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:51 PM PST

    I have a new iPhone 11 on new Verizon service and it's on iOS 13.5.1 and my data is slow. Any reason why?

    Link to Speedtest https://i.imgur.com/fTFxwlS.jpg

    submitted by /u/JHTech937
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel