• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    macOS Why no consistent setting for auto width of each column

    macOS Why no consistent setting for auto width of each column


    Why no consistent setting for auto width of each column

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Anyone know why Chrome takes up such a massive amount of space? I pretty much never even use chrome. Reinstalling fixes it for a bit then it gradually takes up several GB

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Presented without comment: Bag from Germany's RFT from the 1980s.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    [Help/Question] Is there a shortcut I can make or software I can download that will allow me to quickly switch between regular function keys/macOS function keys?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Instead of having to go to System Preferences every time, or holding down the fn key and then using the function keys like a madman, is there anyone to just cycle between the two with a shortcut or app?

    submitted by /u/orlikethis
    [link] [comments]

    When i try to boot windows I get some text then it restarts and goes into macOS.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I don’t have enough free space to download Mac OS

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I tried to factory reset my MacBook and now it won't let me download Mac OS because there isn't enough space on my disk. This is really annoying. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/ChunkyDunker_69
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an equivalent to windows+V in macos? Something that brings up a clipboard history and you can select what you want to paste?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Windows has something called a clipboard manager, where instead of pressing control v you can select windows + v, and it'll drop down your clipboard history, and you can select what you want to paste.

    IS there something like that for osx?

    Just so others don't end up like /u/yawn_zz , yes I did look up the top clipboard managers on google, but none of them fill those requirements. Most open from the top menu, and you have to move the whole mouse over there.

    submitted by /u/CockGoblinReturns
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages + Word Launch Errors + Safari

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! Recently I've been having some problems with my MacBook Pro (13-inch 2016, Catalina Version 10.15.7 ) and it's really inconvenient.

    1. Safari is up to date and running on the latest version, but it has been constantly crashing while I'm trying to get work done. It says that there's something missing from safari, but that's all that I know.
    2. Microsoft Word is crashing in the middle of me working over and over.
    3. iMessages does not open at all at times unless I restart my computer.

    Does anyone know what's going on, or has had similar experiences? Any advice? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/krishhkrishh
    [link] [comments]

    The app that you would be developing, would support cloud-sync. How would you approach this and what API’s would you use?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Mac OS Catalina Upgrade Disaster

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having problems with this upgrade? My carefully curated list albums I've been maintaining under ITunes is no longer accessible. Notes? Gone. Photos - not working properly either. MS Word, PPT, Excel? Don't work anymore. This is the worst OS upgrade experience I've ever had by far ever let alone with Apple where it's always been seamless. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/johclark29
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows why this keep happening even after seveal updates?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    iMac Pro + MacBook Pro

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I am in need of some help.

    I have an iMac Pro (2017) I was using for a longer time for work. I recently changed jobs and the new company supplies programmers with MacBooks we have to use.

    My question is: Can I somehow use my iMac as a display for the MacBook? I know it was possible in the earlier iMac versions, but it doesn't seem to work here. For now I was using the ScreenShare through Finder, but that gives some lag, which isn't a perfect solution.

    Thanks for the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/the_divine_banana
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete the Music app on MacOS

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    How do I remove the music app on MacOS?

    submitted by /u/prana32034
    [link] [comments]

    I need some serious help...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    So since I've updated to the latest version of Mac OS i've been living hell on earth.

    My apple music does not play my music, it does not let me search anything in apple music itself, it doesnt update my icloud music library, and the app itself doesn't quit unless I force quit it.

    The mac app store opens but it is completely blank for some reason that I can't comprehend.

    Safari has just completely stopped loading websites, they all stop at around 25%

    I've tried reinstalling mac os twice with no change.

    What is happeneing? Do I have a virus? Am I doing something wrong. This is beginning to seriously annoy me. So please help.

    submitted by /u/Abizoman
    [link] [comments]

    can't change homepage on safari due to safefinder

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    hi guys! new Macbook pro 16 i9 user here😎

    Loving it so much so far!!!! 😍😍

    one thing tho, I dowloaded some shady software through torrent (we've all been there pirating expensive software haven't we?) and during it it installed safe finder, which I had uninstalled since and went through countless guides on the web about deleting all of its files from all the different directories but still I cannot change my safari home page, and there is nothing left to erase or a trace of the software that I can find' using malware bytes, and avast premium antivirus + premium cleanup... had someone encountered that problem like mine? or any kind of fix? maybe reseting safari?

    either malwarebytes or avast hadn't find any kind of malware or viruses, and I haven't noticed any kind of odd things going on while using the laptop so I have that going for me.

    Thanks in advance to the helpers!

    submitted by /u/OgOl0c
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I eject ssd disk?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Is it possible to add some kind of Alias or something to Preferences in Spotlight so that typing "Settings" displays "Preferences"? I find myself always typing that in for whatever reason.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Photos can't find library?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Photos can't find library?

    I set up my new MacBook with Mac Migration and get this when trying to open Photos. Any ideas on what to do? When I try to select a Library I don't see any.

    https://preview.redd.it/q4btdccnmbr51.png?width=2594&format=png&auto=webp&s=ad9b1254a9669d96eb1752b256e040fd7769d91e

    submitted by /u/wine--mom
    [link] [comments]

    Need assistance - Can't reset users password, user is grayed out

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Does it mean I can delete this file to free up 32.6GB?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Keyboard-controlled timers?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Hello, I'd like to run two timers whilst I'm working: a 20-minute timer for pomodoro intervals (or 25 minute, whatever), and a 2-minute timer for processing my inbox (to train myself when to do now vs defer). I'd like to be able to restart the 2-minute timer very quickly/easily with a keyboard shortcut.

    Any suggestions for an app or configuration to do this?

    submitted by /u/mutedstereo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel