• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    macOS Little Snitch-What is it and why should I want to use it EL5

    macOS Little Snitch-What is it and why should I want to use it EL5


    Little Snitch-What is it and why should I want to use it EL5

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I have heard of Little Snitch for years but never enough to understand why I might want to use it. Please explain. Like I'm Five.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/JosefVictor3
    [link] [comments]

    how shall i backup my time machine disk?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    okay so i have been using an imac for last 4 years for work, we are not allowed to use time machine so i have never cared about it. last week i ordered my first personal mac, 512gb and i am trying to figure a constant, stable and as safe as possible backup.

    what i am thinking is, since i have a pc that is running almost 24/7 and i have backblaze personal on it, i was thinking of sharing a network folder to use for time machine. i read that backblaze ignores time machine disks, so i will automatically duplicate that folder, encrypt or change the file extension and backup to backblaze. is it overkill? would it work?

    i will also have a 750gb of portable hdd (if my old ps4 hdd is not broken now :D) and also thinking of using it as local time machine disk, either by manually attaching it and creating time machine backups directly from mac, or simply duplicate that automated data to it from my pc.

    any suggestions? am i thinking too much about it? since it will be a personal device only, all i am woried is about settings. i hate restoring os and losing every single settings, folder hierarchy etc. i wont use it for work at all (and i dont even have a job that needs any kind of file anyways) and i already have personal icloud photos and itumes music/match for years. shall i just go for documents for icloud and be done with it?

    P.S. we are also offered a 200gb icloud storage for personal use for free, mine has about 40-50gb but i can upgrade it to 2tb. would saving a copy of that time machine disk (either the windows folder or the usb disk) to icloud be practical?

    submitted by /u/ares0027
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Big Sur Public Beta - Yes or No?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey everybody,

    I googled and looked at other posts before creating a post about it, couldn't find any relevant recent information.

    I am very eager to use MacOS Big Sur, was disappointed like many of us that it wasn't released earlier this month.

    I was wondering if anybody could shed light (from experience only please) about whether it's safe and stable enough to install the current MacOS Big Sur Public Beta? Or still not worth the risk?

    Mention worthy: The machine I consider to update is my main MacBook Pro which I use daily for work and business management purposes.

    My main uses are browser-based, no Adobe Suite related tasks.

    Info about the machine: MacBook Pro 15", Late 2017. Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD.

    Thanks everyone :) Enjoy the weekend.

    submitted by /u/MrCroissant-23
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Print To HP Printers MacOS (Temp Fix)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    For anyone that is having an issue with their HP printers on their Mac computers not printing (possibly from an Apple silent update). Here is a workaround we were able to come up with:

    1. Remove the HP printer.

    2. Add the printer back but choose "Generic PostScript Printer" (Alternatively if you are adding the printers via terminal here is the location of the PPD /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GenericPrinter.ppd)

    3. Print.

    Keep in mind that when using the generic printer PPDs you will not be able to print in color or use printer features.

    submitted by /u/ITSignGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Malware warning on MacOS Catalina? Info in comments

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    iMac 2013 is laggy - Which OS to install?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Hi

    I just got an old iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), 3,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB and its sluggish as fudge

    I blew out the harddrive and installed Catalina on it figuring it would work but it can take up to 10 seconds after clicking stuff and navigating finder or safari

    Is there an OS that will work fine for this machine? Ran an 2015 MacBook Pro that could handle all OS´s and still be rapid and crisp

    Is there anything else I can do to make it function normally?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Jockeponken
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID causes slow WiFi

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    I have narrowed down my slow wifi issues to one single cause: Apple ID. My network is about 90 Mbps. I get that quite consistently on Windows, even on the same machine in bootcamp. On Mac OS as long as I am signed in, the speed drops to about 30-40 Mbps. As soon as I log out of Apple ID, the speed is back to about 86 Mbps (worse than Windows, but tolerable).

    Now I would like to use the benefits of Apple ID. Any idea what might be causing this?

    submitted by /u/elipsoid_cz
    [link] [comments]

    Preview just crashed in the middle of a big assignment. Can I recover the assignment if I quit preview?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    iOS Apps on Intel Macs

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I understand the fact that with the upcoming macOS 11 Big Sur on the new ARM Macs it will be possible to run iOS Apps natively.

    It might be a silly question, but what about Intel Macs? Will there also be a way to run iOS Apps on them via Rosetta or whatever? Or is that completely impossible?

    Thank you for any helpful answers!

    submitted by /u/nauii
    [link] [comments]

    No idea what to do

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    No idea what to do

    Hey guys, I have a problem - when starting Mac I get this message and it keep restarting. Tried to reinstall system, didn't work. Any ideas?

    https://preview.redd.it/aw3uf4ak9uu51.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b69660bb7059e4f1fd9e6b7219167fa525da11b3

    submitted by /u/ghidoreng
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete “other user data” from iCloud?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Messages keeps quitting. (Catalina)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Messages keeps quitting. (Catalina)

    Hey guys

    I keep receiving this error messages when I try to open my messages.

    Also my notifications panel doesn't seem to work. Any clue why I keep getting this message and how to fix?

    https://preview.redd.it/q8x476ei6vu51.png?width=2012&format=png&auto=webp&s=58860c8d915def59868d8b21c37e4e357bba6501

    submitted by /u/NeatReputation
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth connection "deteriorating" after some time, only restart helps!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have this really weird thing with my 2018 MacBook Pro where my bluetooth connection "deteriorates" (for lack of a better word) after a while.

    What I mean by that: After a 2-3 days of using my Logitech MX Master 3 I notice that the cursor seems to be lagging a bit, then after another 1-2 days the cursor starts skipping/stuttering when moving the mouse. Similar thing going on with my bluetooth headphone (B&O h8i) after a few days sound quality just gets worse and eventually the audio is stuttering...

    This has been going on for the whole time I had the MacBook, more than 1 year now and it's really annoying. Only restarting my MacBook seems to be fixing this. Reseting the bluetooth module doesn't help. A while back I tried resetting the PRAM, also didn't solve the problem. Obviously just reconnecting the devices also isn't helping.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Aire_Tari
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to open most internet on MBP

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    Relatively new to mac, Looks like it had the yahoo redirect thing so I installed malwarebytes to get rid of it. It found 2 instances and removed them. Started mac up for work this morning and unable to open any page in safari or chrome, can't open app store and unable to check system update. Time is set correctly. Tried to reset default keys in keychain. Asks me to login to AppleID again and it is unable to connect to allow me to login.

    Everything is showing an SSL error that I can see (Safari, System Update)

    I am able to connect to the work vpn and rdp into another computer. It is just something local I am thinking in the certificates but for the life of me I do not know where/what.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Axemead
    [link] [comments]

    Customize Automator Voice Commands

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I've been using Automator a bit and I'm trying to figure out how to customize the commands. I have the workflows I want, but I'd like to be able to say: "Hey Siri, start a timer" instead of "Hey Siri, open Start A Timer". This is easily done on Shortcuts in iOS, but I'd like to be able to do this on desktop. Any help?

    submitted by /u/yammanamma
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot update because I cannot convert to APFS

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    See screenshoots here: https://imgur.com/gallery/XIiMvBS

    I just don't get the option. If I restart on recovery mode, the disk utility just doesn't give me the option to convert to AFPS.It does appear but not available (grayed out) if I open the disk utility during normal work and right click on the disk.

    It is on MAC OS Extended.

    I don't know what else to try or do. If anyone knows why this is happening or what could I do to solve it, I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/cortacesped
    [link] [comments]

    iWork shortcuts struggle.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Whenever I want to make text smaller or subscript, I can use the combination of command (⌘) + minus sign and command (⌘) + control (^) + minus sign, respectively.

    According to Apple, bigger text / superscript should be obtained by command (⌘) + plus sign / command (⌘) + control (^) + plus sign. However, I simply cannot do that (I've tried every combinations possible).

    Does anyone experience similar issues?

    submitted by /u/iBo0m
    [link] [comments]

    Mac book air reset lost my notes not time machine back up

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    My computer was having issues with the battery. Co worker said. Let me help you. Pressed the control R somethin then chose the OG OS and now I have an outdated OS. Not sure where is my desktop documents. Not sure where are my notes. Not sure how to recover my computer. I want to throw up

    submitted by /u/tomasita8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel