• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    iPhone What is wrong with my phone/what should I expect?

    iPhone What is wrong with my phone/what should I expect?


    What is wrong with my phone/what should I expect?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    I was using my iphone XS casually and it suddenly went into a reboot loop with a flashing green screen like this - https://streamable.com/fcbr7x

    I tried a hard reset to no avail, put it in restore mode... got the dreaded 4013 error when both trying to restore from update and factory.

    Have genius appointment tomorrow. What should I expect? One person with similar error/flashing green screen said they had water damage and waited for battery to die out, plugged it in and then restore worked. The only thing I did earlier was wipe my phone down with a cleaning wipe (which I've been doing daily for months). In the past the speakers have temporarily stopped working I noticed after using lysol wipes but went back to normal in a few hours. I wonder if the cleaning has anything to do with it.

    Let's say it's a hardware error... what are the options? I didn't get AppleCare and my phone is a little under 2 years old. Get the new iPhone 12? Take it to a local shop?

    submitted by /u/allbir
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked on iMessage?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    so this person i call and it rings once then goes straight to voicemail. but that also may be them on DnD. then just recently i called and it half rang then went to a in setup voicemail. but i called a few seconds after that and it rang once then a second time and i hung up halfway through the second time. my messages are blue and say delivered, they have always said that then the person turned read receipts on but i believe they turned them off for me a while ago. am i blocked??

    submitted by /u/SnipeGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Speaker greyed out during calls

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Hi, I have an iPhone 7+. Last week when I answered a call, the speaker was greyed out and I couldn't hear the person on the other end. If I watched videos on YouTube the audio would work, just not for calls. Also, sometimes when I reset my phone, the Bluetooth and WiFi would also be greyed out with a line through it. This would be fixed once I restarted the phone.

    I decided to change to my old iPhone 6. However, when I receive a call, again the speaker is greyed out again and I can't hear anything. Does anyone know why I cannot hear anyone on calls anymore?

    submitted by /u/mitch_conner_
    [link] [comments]

    Does the yellow tint on the iPhone 11 Pro Max disappear over time?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    I just got the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the screen has a yellow tint (even when True Tone and Night Shift are both disabled). I researched about this online and found that this is a very common issue. I just want to know if the screen becomes less warmer over time or it will stay like this forever, unless I change the color filter settings.

    submitted by /u/rmstrd
    [link] [comments]

    charger

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    mine broke, the tip randomly broke off, this is like my 5th charger

    submitted by /u/Coolpokemon962
    [link] [comments]

    First time iPhone user

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    I just got my iPhone 12 and I've been stuck on the set up apple id screen for an hour this is worrying and frustrating

    submitted by /u/Jirachine
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro transfer error/problem- filled up phone storage

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    I'll keep this short.....

    2 phones:

    iPhone 8 on 14.01 & iPhone 11 Pro on 14.1

    Both phones had less than 100GB of 256 used

    Upgraded both of the above phones to the iPhone 12 Pro.

    Used the 'full phone to phone' transfer method which took about 2 hours for each.

    Looked at each phone after the transfer....almost ALL of the 256GB storage is full on each new phone.

    Going into the settings it seems the transfer somehow instructed the phone to pull all the original hi-res photo from icloud to put on the phone.

    Apple was contacted and I spoke to two extremely nice reps. They acknowledged this should not happen.

    Curious if others did this method and if you checked your storage yet?

    submitted by /u/Wis_en_heim_er
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Reboot Loop

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    So I had to get a new Xr because mine was cracked so i got a new one thru AppleCare. I made sure to back up the old one on my computer before getting the new one. I come home and do the restore. After the restore is finished the phone goes into a reboot loop. Tried everything so far, Really need help on this one.

    submitted by /u/calebc857
    [link] [comments]

    Questions from a former Android user

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    After some years I'm back to ios and after using it for a day I have some questions about the OS and the iPhone itself. This post doesn't have any intention to criticize the device or OS, the only outcome I expect is facilitate my onboarding.

    About animations The device looks like very fast indeed, but the animations feel a bit weird at this point. For example, looks like 8 need to wait the whole folder opening animation to complete before being able to open an app that's inside it. Since my brain kinda know where the app will be by the end of the screen, I press the app icon before the animation is completed, and the app doesn't open, requiring me to press again.

    Is there a way to remove the animations? I've already enabled the reduced motion and it se3ms better, but still a bit unnecessary slow.

    About multilingual keyboard I type in three languages in a daily basis, and often I use English words during a Portuguese chat. The same for some words in German. I used to use the Swiftkey in Android will all these languages enabled, and I was glad to see it is available for ios, but it's limited to 2 active languages, which doesn't fit my current use. The default keyboard does support more languages, but it's painful keep switching languages while typing.

    Is there a way to have multilangual typing with 3 or more languages with one single keyboard?

    Nonofficial apps opening links I've downloaded the Apollo app instead of the official Reddit app.

    I'm wondering if it's possible to make reddit links open in the Apollo app. AFAIK it's not, but I want to confirm that.

    submitted by /u/synchro___
    [link] [comments]

    Unresponsive screen

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys:) The left portion of my iPhone X screen is completely unresponsive and makes it a nightmare to do anything. Hardly a whiz so any advice appreciated :))

    submitted by /u/sxnbop
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues sending messages to androids

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Any other iPhone users have issues sending pics/long messages to Android phones? I've googled it and changed the settings on my messages, but I'm still having issues.

    My carrier is Boost, I have an iPhone 8 Plus, and I'm starting to wonder if it is a carrier issue vs a phone issue.

    submitted by /u/bountifulknitter
    [link] [comments]

    12 pro not receiving all messages

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    I have a group chat that includes one android phone. Since moving from XR to 12pro I have not received all messages in this group. Husband, who also made the same change, gets some of the messages that I didn't receive. And vice versa.

    Any ideas on what is going on?

    submitted by /u/8547692
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR mildly freezes.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    And by "mildly" I mean I can easily make the screen work again just by pressing the side button and unlocking it, no need to reset it. It doesn't freeze in any pattern (while opening new apps, etc) - it happens quite randomly. Yes, the OS is updated.

    Anyone experienced similar behaviour?

    submitted by /u/The_Revolver
    [link] [comments]

    Storage

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    My iPhone 6S Plus is using 60gb of other storage and have done what is recommended to delete it but it still is at 60gb. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/eotech2112
    [link] [comments]

    6S+ screen keeps turning on

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I have a 6S+ that has a broken home button. I've disables it and set up the virtual home button through accessibility options. I've turned of rise to wake, but every few minutes the screen will turn on. Any ideas why that may be?

    submitted by /u/Abevigodaschoda
    [link] [comments]

    Three Android users on my family plan (Ting) can't text my iPHone 7

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Other Android users can text me. My family can't. I spent three hours with tech support yesterday. Reset carrier settings. Completely wiped phone. turned SMS on and off. Turned Imessage on and off. Did the Hokey Pokey. Turned myself about. I'm just going to sell the phone and get an equivalent Android device.

    submitted by /u/Panopticola
    [link] [comments]

    iphone disconnected from wifi while updating?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    I hit download and install on the most recent available update for my iphone 7. Without thinking, I put it in my pocket and took the dog out for a walk. I just realized now that the phone would have disconnected from the wifi while I was out, and it now looks like my screen is stuck with the apple logo and progress bar. Will it reconnect and continue to download, or do I have a problem? I remember once that my Apple TV disconnected from wifi while updating and it was frozen and I had to replace it.

    submitted by /u/laur1111
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to see history of notifications I’ve actually checked? I’m being harassed and need screenshots of notifications

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.1. The person harassing me is deleting her social media comments before I can read them but fast enough I get the notification. They disappear when I check them. Thanks

    submitted by /u/themarajade1
    [link] [comments]

    how to view iphone screen on PC and control it using the PCs keyboard & mouse?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Theres a few programs that can do this for android phones I believe [eg scrcpy], is there any program that lets you do it for iphones or would apple restrict this from being done like they usually do?

    I want to be able to control the iphone from my windows pc screen

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting a new battery for my iPhone 6s?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I still love the phone but the battery drain is brutal. Max capacity is 87%

    submitted by /u/b100mpanda
    [link] [comments]

    My cellular says searching but never connects

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    Everyone else in my family can connect fine but I can't connect to cellular I've restarted and reset network settings and I can't update to iOS 14 because even if I'm connected to WiFi it says that it can't update because it's not connected to internet

    submitted by /u/Cyborgpencil
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime grayed out

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    Me and my wife have never had iPhones, always been android users. We made the switch. If I click her name in contacts, the video option is grayed out, and there is no dedicated FaceTime section. All my other iPhone having contacts have a blue FaceTime button. On my wife's phone however, I am showing up as having FaceTime, and I have a dedicated FaceTime section under my contact card.

    My wife can FaceTime me and we're good. The only way I can initiate a FaceTime with her is by going to recent calls and clicking a FaceTime call we're already had, or making a phone call to her and then clicking FaceTime, no direct FaceTime call. Any ideas?

    We're both using iPhone 11 on iOS 14. Phones were purchased at the T-Mobile store.

    submitted by /u/stew1411
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to your apps if you sign out of your Apple ID and create a new one?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    How to view live photos on a Windows PC

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    I know live photos are the pair of files (heic + mov, or jpeg + mov) after transferring to a Windows PC.
    I have to use 2 different apps (photo viewer and video player) to view this file pairs.
    I wonder if there is a sort of viewer for Windows which can open a photo and play related video (by click or something) - like in the iPhone photo app.

    submitted by /u/clever736
    [link] [comments]

    The skip backwards and forwards buttons on Youtube in Safari are 15 seconds. Is there any alternative app or way to get this down to 5 seconds? Ill often miss 1 word or phrase and want to listen to that. 15 seconds is excessive and its very easy to hit a 5 second button 3 times for 15.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Seems like a minor thing but when I do this 5 or 10 times in a day it adds up and makes the experience less than ideal. Any apps that allow custom time intervals for skips or that just use less than 15 seconds by default?

    Im coming from an Android where if I double tapped the left side of a screen on any video it would skip backwards (or forwards if I tapped the right side of the screen) by 5 seconds. This was infinitely better and I miss that feature now.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Cixin97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel