• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    iPhone Blocked microphone

    iPhone Blocked microphone


    Blocked microphone

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    So I had lost my iPhone XS a while back and left it at a beach for like 3 months. It survived with no damage whatsoever except that the microphone is extremely muffled. When I try recording anything, it's all white noise. If I do something loud like snapping or clapping or yelling into the mic, you can faintly hear it so there is some response. I tried clearing the physical holes with a cotton swab and a toothpick and not much changed. Any ideas on how to get this working again?

    submitted by /u/jacob_n228
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix the photos widget. It says no content available.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Link to pic Here

    submitted by /u/NxBLord
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X suddenly stopped working completely

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Hi everybody! This morning I started to notice an issue with my iPhone X and everything has gone downhill since :( I would appreciate any help!

    This morning when I arrived at work I realized that none of the buttons (power, volume) were working on my phone. I turned the phone off to see it rebooting it would make it better, and the phone did not turn back on. When I plug it into my computer or the wall, the apple symbol briefly flashes twice, and then I get a message to restore the phone. I went on my mac and tried to both update and restore the phone through iTunes, and it looked to be intalling on the phone until it powered back on, and was back at the "restore device" screen. At the same time my Mac says that the updates were installed or that the device was restored.

    I have contacted Apple support several times and they have been very unhelpful, I have no idea what to do and am becoming very frustrated :( I only bought this phone a few months ago with money I saved from my summer job, and as a student I can't afford to pay over $700 to send it to Apple and have them look at it. I have no idea what to do and how I can make my device at least usable again even if I lose all the data! Any help would be very appreciated!!!

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/RawmanPolak
    [link] [comments]

    Widgets stuck in iOS 14

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Does anyone else experience troubles with the widgets being stuck/frozen/not updating? Sometimes it happens randomly, but I can also provoke it by adding or removing home pages. Seems like the only solution for now would be a complete restart. Hope they fix it soon, cheers!

    submitted by /u/scanrace
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about potential virus

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    So recently I was downloading music from one of those converter sites, and every time I would finish downloading a song it would redirect me to some other sketchy websites with those scam ads. The reason I am worried about the virus is because when I opened safari earlier today it would keep on crashing but the problem has seemed to go away now. Also when I shut the phone off by holding the power button there is a spinning wheel for a couple of seconds before it turns off (I don't know if that has to do with anything).

    I know iOS is extremely secure, but could I have a virus? I have been worried sick.

    submitted by /u/rihan-kabir
    [link] [comments]

    Error 14 whenever i try to update - but I can't figure out what's wrong

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm desperately trying to update my phone instead of restore as I have important content on my phone, I have tried to update it, but it has come up with error 14 twice. I looked up what error 1 could indicate but I have deleted most of my pictures and have over 45gb space, my USB is apple approved and I have a windows 10 laptop. I'm baffled and don't understand why this has happened? I could use any advice thank you. I tip generously.

    submitted by /u/confusedbabi
    [link] [comments]

    Contact photos always revert back

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    If I change a contacts photo it takes for a few seconds, and then reverts back to the one it had before. This happens on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 2nd Gen. I have tried iCloud contacts both on and off. If I turn on airplane mode the contact photo sticks, until I turn data back on and then it reverts back to the previous one again.

    Both devices running iOS 14, and this had been an issue since I switched to iPhone when the iPhone 11 came out.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/BalingWire
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Storage Crisis

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    What is a good solution for deleting photos from iPhone but keeping them in the cloud?

    If I delete photos from my iPhone device, they will be deleted from iCloud too. If I turn off iCloud sync and delete photos, photos will remain in iCloud but as soon as turn iCloud sync back on those extra photos will reappear on my phone taking up space and the photos in iCloud that were not on my phone will be deleted?

    What's the point of iCloud if you can't delete photos from your phone but keep them in the cloud?

    My iPhone shows 0 storage remaining yet I have 100 go available in iCloud even with photos optimized

    https://imgur.com/gallery/n1CMlHW

    submitted by /u/P4ULUS
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to pause your location across all apps that allow others to see it?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Without going into too much detail, my girlfriend and I share our locations with each other through iMessage location, Life360, snapchat, and google maps. Is there any way she would be able to pause her location, then go somewhere without me having anyway of finding out? Meaning i wont get any notifications, and checking her location would show where she says she is?

    Also, when i checked her location through google maps a few days ago, it said "offline" When i asked her about it, she said it was because she hasn't opened the app for a week or two. She then opened the app and her location updated. She showed me that location was set to "always share" but i have no way of knowing if she changed it that setting when I told her. It doesn't make sense to me that if it's set to always share that it would ever say offline. Please help!

    submitted by /u/socalwelder96
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone8+ microphone doesn’t work

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Hello!! I need some help. My parents got me an iPhone8+ not to long ago from a repair shop. The only problem I having with it right now is that the microphone does not work when I record a video on the camera but it work on Snapchat, Instagram, Tik Tok, voice memo, etc. I already try restarting the phone, turning off noise cancellation, and I blow air into the mic to try to get off some dust and dirt that might be in the mic. If you had the same problem or you know what's wrong with it, can you let me know how to fix it!? Please and thank you<3

    submitted by /u/Maridont
    [link] [comments]

    Safari slow and delayed - with Fix!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I was having so many problems with safari, was super slow and delayed. Ran Speedtest and speeds on WiFi's were fine. I would always have to goto airplane mode and back to WiFi and it would work temporarily. Then later on would encounter again. I restarted iPhone Using shutdown, deleted cache, nothing worked. So I then downloaded chrome and it was super fast. Then I knew it was not my ISP. I was about to reset settings when...

    Resolution: A hard reboot - I have no clue why but safari is back and super speedy again. No longer have to goto airplane mode 3 times a day. After using with mask I also found the option to enter password is much faster now. It was sometimes taking 8-10 swipes up before displaying number keypad to enter password with mask.

    On Latest iOS 14

    Hopefully this helps someone else!

    submitted by /u/skeletor_nj
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 running 14.0.1 will not let me search.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I go on chrome and try to search, apparently google.com is an unsecure website and it wont let me connect to it. I go on fishbrain and try to respond to a comment, user does not exist and nothing loads. I go on youtube, error loading retry. I go on among us however and I connect just fine. I go on playstation messages, connects just fine. Google classroom doesn't work either. I have a fine internet connection, I've rebooted my phone multiple times. Do I have a virus? It just wont allow me to search anything no matter what app. Please help. EDIT: SOLVED. I accidentaly set my time back and it messed up eveything

    submitted by /u/HawgsUSA
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Weird Noise

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14.0.1 and I've noticed a random bloop noise that seems to have no connection to any notifications. It does it both when my phone's unlocked and I'm using it, and when it's locked and sitting on the counter or in my pocket. It sounds almost like a cartoon water drip noise. It's driving me nuts cause I have no idea where it's coming from!

    submitted by /u/strawberri-slut
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s sudden death

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    So what happened was I lost all cellphone service, the phone said it needed to be updated or restored. When to iTunes to restore a backup, saved all my files first, it couldn't complete the restore from not being able to activate the phone from no SIM card being found. Tried roommates SIM in it, no go. Tried my SIM in roommate's phone, they could call my other roommate on it. Spent 4 hours chatting to apple on it to hear the phone was dead from being hardware locked to not being able to activate. They wanted $300 for another 6s, I paid $220 for this phone 3 years ago. Also during all of this, the phone's battery kept going dead plugged into my PC. Had to use the wall mount to get it to charge to try restoring it, and while charging it got extremely warm. Something in it died for sure, but it randomly did it during normal use at my desk. Had only updated to iOS 14 a few weeks ago, I am so unsure why this died, but it really sucks.

    submitted by /u/kingofpikachus
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6+ keep giving me a pop banner to call a number and wont let me do anything

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    my phone keeps giving me a pop up banner to call a random number and it keeps coming back even after i decilne to call the number. please help

    submitted by /u/ty_prinme
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp storage usage

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    I'm trying to clear up space on my partner's iPhone and specifically looking at Whatsapp. On my own phone, an iPhone 5S, Whatsapp takes up very little space -- only the app data plus a negligible amount of data. On her phone, an iPhone 6, whatsapp takes up several GBs, mostly data. I presume this is chat and media content (which we don't want to get rid of), but I can't understand why her Whatsapp consumes her device's storage whereas mine doesn't.

    I have several chats >1GB but for whatever reason they don't use my device storage and all the media is still accessible in-app (presumably through the cloud). It'd be ideal if my partner's app did this as well.

    I've compared every option in settings side by side, I don't have an iCloud account, I've never performed a back up and can't for the life of me understand why the two apps are behaving differently. Everything I google tells me to do a backup or delete chat media (again, not preferred). I can't find anything to help me reproduce what happens on my phone on my partner's.

    Any ideas appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Comfortable_Worry560
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard issues at iOS 14

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Hi, I just have some issues at my iPhone XR lately. The keyboard becomes unresponsive and constantly switches from emoji to numbers section. The space button also sometimes do not work. Then, rarely, some apps automatically go back so I get returned to the Home Screen. Is there anyone that experience this type of issue? I hope that it's related to a software one, because I had never drop my phone or anything for it to react this way.

    submitted by /u/johann71304
    [link] [comments]

    How to let iphone stop showing photos before we unlock the phone?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    In the new update, you can swipe to the left and a random photo appears from your library, without even having to enter your passcode. How do I stop this? thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Maolt
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X screentime

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    I have a limited screentime on some apps since like March i guess and the only person that knows the password is my gf. Now I tried to remove one of those limits and the password is incorrect. And to change it with the Apple-ID also doesn't work. Is it somehow possible, that it's bugging? And does someone know an answer for this? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/holy-monthly-rules
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel