• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Apple Macbook caps lock?

    Apple Macbook caps lock?


    caps lock?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    So I have a 2020 macbook air and I notice when I click the caps lock key it sometimes does not work and light up but other times it does. it always seems to work when I hold it down or give it a solid push unlike other keys so i'm curious what this is and why it is made like this or lol if I need to get my unit looked at but I doubt it considering the other keys work fine and it always works when i press it hard.

    submitted by /u/Mondo_dook65
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys clean this part?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Did anyone fix the horizontal lines on the Macbook Air screen?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Did anyone fix the horizontal lines on the Macbook Air screen?

    Did anyone fix the horizontal lines on the Macbook Air screen by yourself successfully?

    https://preview.redd.it/9dth18dxeeu51.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b59525ec8a165d53e86e787957940cc6a8ec95ad

    submitted by /u/raterjobs
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot decide between a Pro and an Air

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Long story short my current MBP (early 2015, i5, 8GB, 256GB) is about to crap the bed and I'm looking to get a new one to finish out school and for the years to come after. I definitely need 16GB of RAM, probably need an i5, but don't care so much about storage space. An upgrade Air sounds tempting, but all this talk of performance limitations due to thermals has me debating getting a Pro with upgraded RAM. Which one should I choose?

    For context my usual workload is 8-10 tabs on Safari, Fantastical and Mail in the background, lots of YouTube streaming, Zoom calls for about 6 hours a week, and occasional work in Illustrator and SketchUp. I'll also anticipate needing to do some work in Boot Camp since I'll need to use Windows-only programs I normally go to my department's lab for but because of COVID, the labs are closed.

    submitted by /u/probably_green
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor lagging

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    My cursor lags no matter if it's the trackpad or my mouse. Anyone know why and how to fix?

    submitted by /u/yaboigumball
    [link] [comments]

    macbook air 512gb or macbook pro 256gb?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    i'm indecisive between these two macbooks cause the pricing is the same but i don't know if 256gb will be enough... i don't download a lot of stuff as i pretty much only use streaming services for both tv shows and music, and documents don't take up much space. I may install one or two games but playing is not what i'm buying this laptop for (i'm buying it for school). Besides i have an icloud subscription but idk how it behaves and how much storage space it saves... help me out!!!

    submitted by /u/Elocres
    [link] [comments]

    Video Editor Keeps Crashing

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    I've contacted the developers of the video editor about this, and they said it's not a problem with their app (even though I think it might be). Basically my editor keeps crashing after about 20 minutes to an hour and my progress doesn't save, so I have to start over. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/NotRxchYT
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on where to dispose of an old Macbook in London?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Bit of a long shot but thought I'd try! Apple have told me they only deal with products at most 7 years old, my MacBook Pro is almost 11, has been in disuse for a couple months now, and its battery is swelling drastically (it is bending the frame; in fact I'm keeping it outdoors because it doesn't seem safe to have inside).

    I'm looking to dispose of it responsibly but places I've found/were recommended are charging £40 for battery removal alone? Seems a bit ridiculous.

    Does anyone have recommendations of places that'll dispose of it for free/low fee? Not that I don't love having a potentially explosive device on my terrace...

    submitted by /u/beckycoombs
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my fan so loud? As soon as I open something like steam or a game such as minecraft the fan starts spinning very loudly for an extended period of time, even after I close that app. The bottom of the laptop also gets very hot. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro A1278 (Mid 2012)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've recently come into possession of a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro. I've upgraded it to 16GB of RAM, 2TB SSD, and repasted the CPU.

    Right now I currently have it running on Catalina and it seems to be holding up well, but support for Big Sur isn't available on this line due to age.

    I primarily use the laptop as my no fucks given internet device. I keep the gaming to my PC and my financials/professional info on a secured/newer laptop.

    If all the device is used for is web browsing, excel/publisher/CS6, should I stay on Catalina and let it run its course, or would a Linux distro be a better option?

    I see elementaryOS has come a long way in the last few years.

    I just don't want the device to go to waste.

    submitted by /u/Pynapl
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible lag when using external Bluetooth devices

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    I used to have two Bluetooth devices before that I use with my 13" 2017 MacBook Pro: an MX Master 2S mouse and the Magic Keyboard. I've stopped using both recently as the delay has been unbearable.

    The cursor seems to "jump" from one point to another so using the trackpad is the only sustainable option (other than using a wired mouse which, let's admit, is not really a fun thing).

    There's a noticeable delay when typing with a Magic Keyboard too, or with any wireless keyboard I've used, for that matter.

    Has anyone dealt with this problem? I will be buying the new ARM-based MacBooks maybe 1-2 months after they're released (just to see reviews) but in the meantime, is there a solution to this madness?

    submitted by /u/9random_
    [link] [comments]

    Mac safari sign out

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    On my Mac book pro it has signed me out of all the websites I'm signed out of every website like YouTube reddit netflix is this a commen issue ? And should I be worried

    submitted by /u/the-faceofboe
    [link] [comments]

    CleanMyMac X

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    I have been using CleanMyMac X for a couple of days now. I can't say that I am feeling a huge difference but I am quite sure that there is smth going on. Anyways, I just visited some apple forums and people are saying that you should never download these kind of apps and etc. Is it true? And does it cause any harm to my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/PregnancyTestsByShaq
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air or pro for a multimedia course?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Hi all, am currently in my first year of a multimedia course which entails using my laptop for coding, editing, sound production and essays etc. I'm currently looking to get a new laptop as my current one just isn't cutting it.

    For the prior mentioned work and activites do you think a macbook air would do the job? I am on a bit of a budget, I know a macbook pro would be best of course but I'm just curious whether the air is a decent choice for this kind of work, is the the macbook pro substantially superior for this kind of work? My lecturers have said we can do our work on almost any decent machine and top of the line isn't entirely essential, however with all this year being online I'd want a smooth experience and little bother to deal with.

    submitted by /u/Conair24601
    [link] [comments]

    2020 macbook air or 2020 pro?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    hi, i just got the mba 2020 and there are some aspects that really bother me about it. i was thinking about exchanging it with the macbook pro. i was also thinking whether i should wait for the new macbook drop in late november and just trade in my macbook then.

    submitted by /u/grilledsquid
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2017 Battery Issues

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    when i replace/upgrade my ssd, do i need to transfer my files and stuff???? can someone explain this one:

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    from what i understand, ssd is like a memory card (SD card) once u remove or replace it, your macbook's content will be wiped out. which means i can just airdrop every pics and vids and files to my iphone then just put them back once the ssd is replaced right? which also means i'd have to redownload/install apps and softwares like for example: logic x pro, word, final cut pro, photoshop etc.

    is that right?

    submitted by /u/gkfosters
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! My mac shows this when I try to watch shows on Bravo how do I fix it?! I restarted it etc it’s driving me insane

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Will 8gb of ram be enoguh for a couple of years for everyday use?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    At least 5 years. Planning to get MBP base model. Can't upgrade the ram it's already expensive enough.

    submitted by /u/tthjns0
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Broken - Anyone know what is wrong with it?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Will 8 gb of ram be enough for informatics master’s degree?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Mouse lag on MacBook Pro 16in (while using external monitor)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, Unfortunately I have been experiencing this issue for quite some time and apple support has not been able to help me. I found this person having a similar issue ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250956075 ) a while ago, but unfortunately the suggested solutions have not worked for me. When I have my MacBook plugged into my external monitor (clamshell mode) I see a 0.5-1sec lag on my mouse (in 5-10 sec intervals). I have tried multiple mice, both wired and not wired and no luck. Also important to point out that if I open the laptop, the lag is also on the laptop screen. It also all goes away as soon as I unplug it from my monitor (dell SN2418NX). I am currently using an HDMI to USB-C dongle from UNI in amazon. I have also tried many different ones including Apple's. The problem remain. Sometimes, in what seems to be random, it goes away for a little while. But it always comes back. Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/Zeldus716
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel