• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/07

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/07


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/07

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 10/07

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The new update just killed the whole reason of why I bought the iPad Pro. I take online classes by sharing the screen and use the multitasking features quite frequently. Now whenever I try to multitask while I’m broadcasting, it abruptly stops the screenshare and shows this error.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    Anybody else use their iPad as a speaker when not using it? I do this if I’m reading, playing, or working from my bed.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    Are you looking for a calculator on iPad? Use Spotlight!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Update on iPad Air release date: 13th-16th October!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Just spoke to someone from Curry's (electronics store in the UK) about the new iPad Air.

    Apparently they will be getting stock around the 13th - 16th from discussions they were having earlier in the morning today.

    Kinda looks that way as they only added the new iPad range a few days ago on their online store pages.

    Looks like not too long to go guys!

    submitted by /u/Vimitos
    [link] [comments]

    Three fingers tap over the keyboard, pop up an “edit” menu on top with “undo” “scissors” “copy” “paste” and “ redo” icons.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Just noticed this.

    submitted by /u/Alabamaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible viewing angles on my iPad Air 3 compared to my iPad 5th gen. Is this normal?(The second image is supposed to be pure black)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Apple event October 13!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Apple event October 13!

    Let's hope Apple finally releases the ipad Air 4 (for pre-ordering/buying in-store). Have been waiting for nearly a month!

    https://preview.redd.it/59c72lsk6lr51.jpg?width=591&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0ad04f09bc585a6738fc9f5f8a4b13960d4a494a

    submitted by /u/soproman3
    [link] [comments]

    LiquidText / MarginNote / Flexcil / RoamResearch -- Do you notice any potential problems with these products? If so, what?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I've recently come up with the idea of using some note-taking-and-e-reader tools for studying, namely for book annotation and mind mapping. I have stumbled upon LiquidText, MarginNote, Flexcil, and RoamResearch. A bit confused which one is better. So any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/YuliSer
    [link] [comments]

    We can’t horizontally do split-screen with current iPadOS, right?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Wondering if splitting apps horizontally is possible instead of current vertical split?

    Vertical-split is

    Application1 Application2

    Horizontal-split is

    Application1
    Application2

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aspublic
    [link] [comments]

    screenshot issue

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    Every time I try to crop a screenshot directly from the screenshot pop up and save it, it just saves the whole image. Also, sometimes, the share button just doesn't work as well. Does that happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/FitMarshmellow
    [link] [comments]

    Let down apps

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Can we get a list going of apps that don't perform well on the iPad that perform well on the iPhone? Please note, I'm not looking for poorly reviewed apps in general — but just apps that don't play well with iPad.

    For example, Instagram.

    I'm switching to iPad soon and am trying to get an idea of what apps simply aren't cut out for iPadOS or the iPad interface.

    Cheers!

    PS: I did try searching this in the bar but couldn't find what I was looking for.

    submitted by /u/kb8641
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Huion tablet be used with an iPad Air 2?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    I have a compatibility question; hopefully, this is the right place to ask.

    I'm looking to purchase a Huion tablet for my computer. However, I also use Procreate on my iPad. Since the iPad is too old to be compatible with an Apple Pencil, I draw with my finger. I'm curious if I'd be able to connect the Huion tablet to the iPad, so I could sometimes use it with Procreate. A lot of answers I saw online seemed dated, so I figured I'd ask.

    I really do like using Procreate, and if this workaround is doable, it just seems better than upgrading my iPad AND buying an Apple Pencil AND buying a Huion tablet (because I'd still want to use it for my computer's drawing software).

    submitted by /u/realmollygrace
    [link] [comments]

    Floating apps disappear when I tap on the full screen app

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Before I could run 3 apps at once, now as soon as I tap the full screen app, the floating 3rd app swipes away. Can I not use all three at the same time anymore?

    submitted by /u/alxmartin
    [link] [comments]

    Will the Logitech 11" pro slim folio keyboard fit the new iPad Air?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    Will the Logitech 11" pro slim folio keyboard fit the new iPad Air?

    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/tablet-accessories/tablet-cases-and-keyboards/logitech-slim-ipad-pro-11-keyboard-folio-case-grey-10207181-pdt.html

    Will this iPad Pro 11 slim folio keyboard case fit a 2020 iPad Air 4? I understand that the Touch ID will be covered but will the thickness be an issue to whether the iPad stays in the case?

    https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad/compare/?device1=ipad-pro-11&device2=ipad-air-4th-gen

    On this page, it states the length and width are the same, but the depth on the pro is 5.9mm, whilst the Air is 6.1mm. Will this be an issue?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/aliberalagenda
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else experiencing issues like this with the Apple Pencil? I have iPP 2020 and it’s brand new and honestly don’t know what to do

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Logitech mouse and change settings

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Hello guys

    Do you have any solution to change buttons setup for a Logitech mx anywhere 3?

    I want to have a shortcut to close an app when I put the wheel, is that possible ?

    Thanks :-)

    submitted by /u/merciermk
    [link] [comments]

    Speeding up 4K video

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    I'm trying to speed up old GoPro Hero 4 footage that is recorded in 4K and 15 fps up to 400% speed, so that the frames per second become 60 fps, but I need to conserve video quality.

    So far, the apps I've tried output a very compressed video file that washes down any detail, thus defeating the use of 4K. On the other hand, iMovie outputs a very crisp 4K video file, but only supports speeding up to 2X, and I need 4X!

    Any clues?

    Luma Fusion is out of the question, as it's too expensive for this kind of basic need.

    submitted by /u/Alerta_Fascista
    [link] [comments]

    Watching Downloaded Videos

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Hi, I've just noticed the Videos app is no longer available on iPad.

    How do I watch downloaded videos from the web? I know you can just watch them straight from the Files app but this doesn't remember play position.

    I found an iMore article that says there is a downloaded section in the TV app but there isn't on mine.

    Can anyone help please?

    submitted by /u/DingFling
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay OR Lightning to HDMI Adaptor for Drawing

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    I would like to draw on my iPad Pro 1st gen but have the display on a monitor for better comfort. Which option would give me the best lag-free experience? Looking for anyone who has tried something similar for input.

    submitted by /u/bubbybyrd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel